• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π‘πŽπ†π”π„ 𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 β€” OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Gao Gao
So for 1 of the ideas I have for a character involves a character of mine from a long while ago. I would love to revive and reuse her story but I'm unsure whether she quite fits the role in mind. Mind If I DM you to discuss some details about ?

Gao Gao
So for 1 of the ideas I have for a character involves a character of mine from a long while ago. I would love to revive and reuse her story but I'm unsure whether she quite fits the role in mind. Mind If I DM you to discuss some details about ?
I do not mind at all! Get in my dms at once!!

Hello there! I'm glad you asked this one! For the Enamored, I completely understand it'll be a little difficult to create a character who's motivation is centred on another (unless of course you reach out during the application stage to plot with others, and even then, there's no promise both will be accepted).

My best advice for roles who have motivations dependent on others (like the Huntsman and their targets, or the Enamored and their love interest), is to leave some parts of the character sheet vague (specifics about the targets/love interest in question, since you may have to add/amend it at a later date) or, create an NPC to fit your storyline.

Upon acceptance you will be free to go back and revise things, plot the dynamic with another writer, rework your character's history, or decide to leave it as an NPC. I know it's a bit of a tricky one for applications, so I will be rather lenient on how writers choose to work around this issue.

I see, that's perfectly understandable! Thanks for the information.

Gao Gao Is there a specific age range for characters or do they just need to be 18+?

Good morning crew I hope we are living deliciously today 🫑.

Gao Gao Is there a specific age range for characters or do they just need to be 18+?
I’m currently looking for characters to be 21 and above, but I haven’t imposed a maximum limit. I’m expecting (just from what I see in similar roleplays) that most people will age them below 35. I’m personally going for 26 and 30, but I’m also not going to stop anyone from making an 80 year old.

Gao Gao may we have some more crumbs about the leviathan, perhaps... like what it's purpose is in relation to the kingdom/king? By newly christened do you mean like, this is a grand opening of it's first sail? Is this a large event that is drawing in people from all of the cities?

Gao Gao may we have some more crumbs about the leviathan, perhaps... like what it's purpose is in relation to the kingdom/king? By newly christened do you mean like, this is a grand opening of it's first sail? Is this a large event that is drawing in people from all of the cities?

Hello hello you absolutely can!!

The Leviathan is a newly built vessel about to begin its first sail. Its creation is for less of a specific goal, and more of an assortment. There’d be general expectation of β€œpirates and criminals are bad and we may have to battle them” protection of towns and whatnot, but there’s also goals for establishing more trade routes, exploration, study & journaling, convoying high profile individuals between ports, moving resources from one city to another, private objectives assigned to individuals by the King himself, etc. There may come times in the roleplay I apply a specific objective for the boat to achieve on behalf of the King, but for the time being it’s an all-purpose vessel.

In recognition of its name The Leviathan is a large boat, and the excitement of this powerful asset floating around their shores under the crown’s flag would be seen as impressive (and a threat to royal opposition). I imagine it’s first sailing to be a big event, (at least to loyalists that think yippee a new boat, not so cool for anyone else), that may draw visitors from all over the realm to see/embark. Some with good intent, some without (as reflected in our crew). There may be positive talk in cities like Zenith or The Cascades, but probably trepidation in a place like Antares. There’s probably even a portion of the population that is just using the event as an excuse to party.

Hopefully that gives you some little morsels to snack on ⸜(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)⸝ !!

Hello hello you absolutely can!!

The Leviathan is a newly built vessel about to begin its first sail. Its creation is for less of a specific goal, and more of an assortment. There’d be general expectation of β€œpirates and criminals are bad and we may have to battle them” protection of towns and whatnot, but there’s also goals for establishing more trade routes, exploration, study & journaling, convoying high profile individuals between ports, moving resources from one city to another, private objectives assigned to individuals by the King himself, etc. There may come times in the roleplay I apply a specific objective for the boat to achieve on behalf of the King, but for the time being it’s an all-purpose vessel.

In recognition of its name The Leviathan is a large boat, and the excitement of this powerful asset floating around their shores under the crown’s flag would be seen as impressive (and a threat to royal opposition). I imagine it’s first sailing to be a big event, (at least to loyalists that think yippee a new boat, not so cool for anyone else), that may draw visitors from all over the realm to see/embark. Some with good intent, some without (as reflected in our crew). There may be positive talk in cities like Zenith or The Cascades, but probably trepidation in a place like Antares. There’s probably even a portion of the population that is just using the event as an excuse to party.

Hopefully that gives you some little morsels to snack on ⸜(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)⸝ !!
Ahh thank you!! Last question is if you can provide a little sprinkle of how the Covenant views this event…scheming so much lore rn…

Ahh thank you!! Last question is if you can provide a little sprinkle of how the Covenant views this event…scheming so much lore rn…
Those onboard The Leviathan are tasked with fulfilling King objectives, so while there is no threat to the Covenant and they coexist under the dominion of the King, I imagine they view the boat and its intentions (excluding the potential for violence), as a neutral cause. Since that religion has presence even outside of The Cascades (albeit on a much smaller scale), I’m sure some followers will attend to see its departure from the port/enjoy the events that ensue.

The Covenant may even plan some grandiose welcome for the crew if they arrive in The Cascades.

However. Rubs hands like a fly. Malicious intent.

If by chance the crew is to find themselves meddling in The Cascades one day (hint hint, nudge nudge), or perhaps the crew’s loyalty shifts in opposition of the King, and by association, opposition of most cities (wink wink, nudge), or for any reason that the crew of The Leviathan (or somebody on it.... ohoho... nudge...) becomes a threat to the religion, those are scenarios that would make the Covenant a little nervous, and perhaps prompt them to act.

For now I don’t think the Covenant is concerned over the new boat, since they are by all impressions, good citizens, and have nothing to fear and lots to gain from its sail. A neutral outlook from the Oracles, some more enthusiastic outlooks from the followers, but overall, nothing apprehensive.

Sprinkle DELIVERED.

I was going to announce you could expect Harmony's CS to be done by this morning but it seems I've made a grave error of forgetting to save before taking a break and i've lost pretty much all progress. Speed typing my way through and hope to have it done by noon-ish today. Want to have at least her done before I take my "nap" (aka crash from the lack of sleep. Sleep? whose she?) Gao Gao

q r o w q r o w oh my god I am so sorry and I hope (when you do sleep) that your well-earned coma is beautiful and rewarding πŸ₯². Losing writing on rpn has to feature in some kind of Top 10 Deaths YouTube video because the grief is insurmountable.

Also just wanna remind y'all there is certainly NO rush for completing CSes at this point of time (especially since your GM has posted absolutely nothing but placeholders, kachow πŸ§Žβ€β™‚οΈ), as I hadn't even planned on dropping the Applications page for a few days. We are early and thriving over here, and I don't want anyone burning themselves out as a little speed demon.
That being said I am frothing evilly watching everyone's placeholders and applications take form ( Β΄ κ’³ ` ).

Sooooo true! It's what I get for forgetting to hit save before closing google. Perhaps the writing gods way of telling me to rewrite things even better.

Fair enough! I'm just stiving to get them done so I don't forget they exist and never complete them like the procrastinator I can be. Plus writing while I've got the drive and inspiration makes things much more easier and seem less of a daunting task.

oh my god the GM has been put to shame I actually deserve a public execution for my LACK of progress

Update, he lives 🫑
The way he boarded is absolutely sending me thank-you so much for such a delightful answer β™‘

oh my god the GM has been put to shame I actually deserve a public execution for my LACK of progress

The way he boarded is absolutely sending me thank-you so much for such a delightful answer β™‘
You said be creative and I took it as a challenge ☺️ He’s a little crazy but he’s chill (he is the opposite of chill I don’t think he knows what being chill even means)

Also…definitely not frothing at the mouth waiting to see everyone’s characters…I can tell y’all are cooking and I wanna see the dishes so bad

i winπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ή

2/2 writing completed now coding

NO I WANT A GRADE I WANT A GOOD GRADE I NEED TO GET A 100% ON THIS CHARACTER SHEET WHICH IS A NORMAL THING TO WANT AND ACHIEVE

i suggest reading ilya first for a more pleasant experience.... aurelian is... a lot. hes just a lot. i dont know how else to describe him other than so much all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back