• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Good question!

With the ground scanning radar, you can get a return on the opening that shows it is at least eight hundred feet deep, possibly deeper. No telling for sure, but it shouldn't be much more than that.

Sweet!

Hmm. 800 feet deep at least and the bomb has an explosive blast of 300 feet. Could Gabi transform into Battloid and take the time to make an Aimed Shot?

EDIT: Meaning, throw it in as accurately as possible?

You are not sure just where in the best place to aim the bomb, other than down the hole. Going to Battloid mode and throwing it down will eliminate the to-hit penalties.

O.K.. Then Gabi will throw it straight down the hole as if it were 10 miles long. I'll write the post now.

Just letting you guys know, she is just super excited that they destroyed the enemy ship, and nothing actually is going on with her.

She may ask to go out on more space missions though.

Psychie Psychie
Those with Lore: Zentraedi or Lore: Tyrollians can make a roll to identify this. A Robotechnology Engineering roll can be attempted also, but at -10%, and Mecha Engineering can be tried with a -15% penalty.

Gabi has all three. Please roll? I'm betting it's a full-size Robotech Factory or the Tyrollian version of one! =)

Psychie Psychie I'm sure this will sound small compared to our new mission, but in six weeks was Gabi able to get souvenirs for her family?

Rykon Rykon Welcome back, Rykon! It wasn't quite the same game without Alan (and you especially). =)

Deunan raises an eyebrow at the sight of the two pilots going to town with the hazard tape all over the trainer Valkyries.

The Valkyries hulls aren't being "taped up." Allow me to describe this another way. How familiar are you with airplane banners?

airplane banner.jpg
(Image credit: Valley Aviation)

Imagine a Valkyrie with about 24-30 small, thin airplane banners attached to its wings, spaced apart, each "banner" or "tassel" is about 10 feet long, perhaps 1 foot wide. They'll just "flap along" in space and, with any luck, change the look of the aircraft to the alien computer we're after. How does that look while the aircraft is in motion? To a human onlooker, it looks like an aircraft with a bunch of mini-banners attached to it. Now how about to a Robotech Factory whose creators have never decorated their vehicles? It might look like what the human sees; then again, it might look like something completely different. A vehicle with a bunch of feelers? A Valkyrie Cthulu model with a bunch of wiggly things trailing from it? Who knows?

The point of all this? I'd rather have the Robotech Factory come up with a "What the heck is that?" instead of, "I've seen what the Zentraedi fought and that looks like a threat familiar to them." If it doesn't work, what'd we lose but a bunch of tape? But if it does work, it's one step closer to not losing pilots during the mission. Best "disguise" Gabi could do given the time constraint. =)

I knew what you meant, and perhaps I was not as clear as I could have been with my reply. Sorry about that. But thank you for the clarification anyways.

Sure and no worries! RPing via text and images on a computer will never replace the feeling of a tabletop game (where this could be described even easier and faster), but hey, how else are we to do it in this day and age? =)

And for the first time, I botch my Sensory Systems roll. Ah, well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back