• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ✧ Road House ✧ | M / {F} |

sanatanas

roleplay barbie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I just watched the Amazon Prime original Road House starring Jake Gyllenhall and Conor McGregor and it was honestly pretty bad (but Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriend was so hot in it that I forgave him for breaking her heart and also for wasting two hours of my life).

Even though the film was a bit of a flop, it did stir a loose plot idea within me that I'd love to workshop with someone willing to roleplay as a male character.

Let's (briefly) go over the boring stuff first:
  • My name is Sana and I live in the CST timezone.
  • My pronouns are she/her and I prefer my RP partner also to identify as female.
  • I am in my late 20's and while I won't roleplay with anyone under 18, ideally my partner will be in their mid-20s to early 30's
  • My posts can range from 500-1,500 but I lean towards quality>quantity and lazy lit these days
  • I do not have any triggers and I like my plots to be fairly dark and angsty.
You can also take a look at my recent general 1x1 search here for more about my style and preferences: Realistic or Modern - ✧ HEY (louder than everyone else) ✧

Now, here's the very vague idea:

M comes from some kind of troubled or rough background; maybe he was dishonorably discharged from the military, a former police officer that got sucked into drugs, or a (retired or active) MMA fighter (professionally or underground). Regardless, he's able to hold his own in a fight and gets into the right one at the right time and catches the eye of a club owner that has been looking for help managing unruly patrons that the business seems to attract. Down on his luck and financially burdened, M takes a position as a bouncer/security where he meets F (dancer, bartender, other?), the owner's girl. As F and M become closer, M becomes wrapped up in F's boyfriend's string of illegal businesses (drugs, firearms, who knows?).

Again, this is only loosely based on the plot of Road House. There is a ton of room to change things, add twists and turns, and to plot out something dramatic and juicy that we'll both love.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send me a PM about you and your thoughts for the story (and please give me something more to work with than some iteration of "hi, I'm interested".)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back