• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Rising in the Sand. [Madmax like sandbox/nationbuilder]

General Deth Glitch

Two Thousand Club

Rising in the Sand
pe_desert_waterfall.jpg

The world ended. No one is left to remember what happened. For a time people struggled to find their way, scouring the wastes for food and, most importantly, water. Those who had yet to learn the dangers of salt water attempted to drink it, they didn't last long. No, indeed, all that is left is sand and the sea. Some found their own oasis, others made the salt water safe and drank that. If you were innovative you would find food, be it nice or not. Another generation and people, as always, want more from life than simple survival. Some band together to form safe communities, others to steal. Now, as yet another generations passes, there are bastions of strength, fortresses for those willing to extort others for their own gain, hidden havens for those fearing the others. Will you make your future at the expense of others? Will you fight the forces of greed and selfishness for the future of humanity? Perhaps you will make your way by being at the service of others, giving them what they want in return for what it is you want.

Think of this like Mad-Max, but without a guy called Max that fucks up all plans and is infinitely badass.

You can do anything you want in this world, but ultimately this RP is about the rise of these different 'leaders' and their competition for supremacy over this continent. However, despite this don't feel the need to RP as one yourself. You could perhaps be the leader of a mercenary convoy, able to help them in their ambitions of conquest or, if you wish, roam the land as a badass getting in everyone's way.. just don't call yourself max or you would make me a liar.

Map?
rHLZyPJ.jpg

Interest was succesfully checked: Casual - Rising in the Sand. [OPEN] | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Any Questions, ask them, otherwise post below to show your interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that is a good way to sum it up. If you do want to start as a nation (I guess we can call them) then you will start with one 'city/fort/camp' or whatever it is, and then we will slip up the continent to 'territories surrounding each one. How does that sound?

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Yes, that is a good way to sum it up. If you do want to start as a nation (I guess we can call them) then you will start with one 'city/fort/camp' or whatever it is, and then we will slip up the continent to 'territories surrounding each one. How does that sound?

[/QUOTE]
Cool, I like being a wasteland warlord in my spare time )

It will be my first time trying nation building, but... I think it is much easier to get the plot going when there is some problem for players to push of. Like, a drought. Or an appearance of a disease. It is completely up to you though.

Nah, I think we should have faith and wait. )

The title might be a bit misleading tho (sandbox does not sound like nation-building).

I will probably limit it to one ruler per player, but feel free to have a few non rulers as well (your 'council' if you choose to run as a poly ruler form of government can all count as the one ruler)

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]I will probably limit it to one ruler per player, but feel free to have a few non rulers as well (your 'council' if you choose to run as a poly ruler form of government can all count as the one ruler)

[/QUOTE]
Ah. Alright! :D I was wondering if I could have one organization like a City, or a roaming convoy, and then have a singular, venturing character, and have them be unaffiliated with one another.

Just make sure not to have a load of 'independant characters' who just come to you with their excess resources and gift them in return for a few days supplies and your 'safety'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back