• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Rise of the Tmnt-inspired; OC Mystic Mayhem (spoilers for S.1+)

Restrict the mutants to turtles, or leave it open to domestic reptiles or animals?

• Turtles!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Reptiles!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • All modern-day domestic animals!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Just cause I read worse don't mean it ain't cursed
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There were more. There were always more. Snapping—biting, sometimes. Scaring the littler ones away from the oft-brought food by those of the sky. Mean? Perhaps.

Still, there were always more. Company in the blank box. Company that felt familiar after a while far more so than the box.

Where did they all go? Did those of the sky take them?

There should be more.

When the ultrom mutated them, it was never intended to go as badly as it did. It was supposed to be easy—clean and quick. No mess, no fuss, certainly no laboratory explosion, and most definitely no mutants running rampant in the Hidden City. It was originally a simple project; yokai had sprung forth from the same origins, with the Crying Titan a testament to that, so it stood to reason that to boost the rapidly-declining yokai population, all one would need to do is expose someone to a great enough amount of Empyrean and a suitable base.

The Empyrean was too much.

It shouldn't have been—the portions were calculated and perfect for the species they were provided to—yet instead of the expected result of a small number of failures and a large number of Yokai, there were a great amount of failures, and one of them happened to explode the lab in overloading itself in mystic energy. By the time the ultrom recovered, every experiment was gone.

So, in case I haven't set the scene well enough in my sleep-deprived state of self, this is a Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rp. I tweaked the backstory on how the mutants came to be for Vibes and Ease of Existence, but the lore works pretty much the same as it does in the show. The vibes of this RP are very much found family and all that comes with it.

Essentially, every experiment from the ultrom laboratory escaped and somehow ended up hiding for long enough that they've moved on. They have very vague memories with the general concept of there should be more of us, but nothing concrete enough. More just like a longing for something they don't think exists. When an accident strands [insert cast here] in the human world in broad daylight with no way back, no disguise, and no resources, they will come to find that mystical, magical thing has existed all along right under their noses.

Kinda-important notes;
I haven't decided whether or not the mutants should be turtles, so see the poll above
This is a character driven roleplay more than a plot driven roleplay, so I'm hoping I can get some players that are willing to work together without me having to pull teeth
Discord OOC
Not all of the characters have to be separated, but there's some degree of it
Go ham with backstory. I wanna see all the funky lil things
Try to average 2+ paragraphs, but it's definitely not a thing I'm thinking too hard about
If you wanna play something other than a mutant, as long as you can tie yourself into the plot, go ham!

Rules:
Homophobes, transphobes, and tcesters leave before I take your kneecaps
This is not a combat-centric rp. There will be some, but I'm holding the characters over the combat.
I'm thinking of dipping pretty low in the darkness scale occasionally, so be prepared, and if there's anything you'd rather we avoid or warn for, please tell me
Credit all artists for the art you use
Uuuh, have fun, be nice, questions are welcome
OCs only
CS:
IC:

Last edited:
It's about time! Rise is criminally underappreciated, and seeing more people just appreciating it and talking about it just makes me so happy.
I rant and rant about how I feel and how much I enjoy the show here.

This tickles my interest in every way possible it's not even funny, and almost just after I marathoned the whole series in like 2 days. I would love to explore the universe and talk about it with people who enjoy it! Hnggg...I just wanna appreciate the series more.

I know for a fact that the well-thought-out setting of Rise will make for a really really cool rp idea, the setting just invites you to explore it with your imagination and asks more questions, they did a really good job implying a lot of interesting perspectives besides that of the turtles' (like how mutation changes or destroys a human's life and psyche forever, but they never dive too deep into the dark aspects of it; and how yokai from Hidden city can sneak and stay in the human world for various reasons as well, e.t.c.), this interest check is like taking that thought straight outta my mind.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for this!

Hells yeah!

I'll try to get the CS up soon—if not, it'll definitely be up on Saturday. Sound good?

Example sheet up. I'm going to close the poll, now since there's a fairly clear preference.

Btw, I am surprised we didn't have an alligator, frog, or crocodile! I was thinking about making a reptile to suit the sewer vibe more, but Joe comes to shape in my head quicker.

Btw, I am surprised we didn't have an alligator, frog, or crocodile! I was thinking about making a reptile to suit the sewer vibe more, but Joe comes to shape in my head quicker.
Yeye, lol

Crocodile was tempting, but it didn't have the physical fragility I was thinking of

I'll be getting the Discord up on either Monday or Tuesday this week.

How does everyone feel about leaving the rp open while the IC is running?

IC is up! Feel free to submit a character, still. This roleplay will remain open until stated otherwise.

Hello! I was wondering if there might be a spot still open for your RP? I’m quite interested in joining if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back