• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Rise of the Alpha's Interest Check

True Queen Ashe

The True Queen of the Freljord
Hello everyone! This is Ashe, and I want to introduce you to the RP that I've been working on for months. However keep in mind the original idea IS NOT MINE in a way I'm taking an RP that a close friend of mine had done and changing it quite a bit. His was a success and so if this is a success too then don't think of me, think of my old friend BestDragon3.

The name of this RP? Rise of the Alphas.

Now many of you have probably seen the TV show labeled: Alphas. This RP is a little similar... But not really. No this RP is based off survival and being hunted. I can't really say much since I've been working on how to introduce you guys to this RP without revealing much for about four days now. Basically I'll just say this: It's an RP about teens getting super powers and trying to learn to control them, all while being hunted by their creators. Short, simple, and to the point. Anyways this is just an interest check to see who may be interested.

This RP actually has 3 different ways the story can be told:

Story 1 is a 1x1. I be the GM and my RP Partner will play out the story as the main character (Already made sadly, no OC here) This is not what I'm aiming for with this RP. No, Story 2 and Story 3 are what I plan to use depending on how many people decide to join this RP.

Story 2 requires 5-10 players and focuses on those 5-10. MORE CAN BE ACCEPTED LATER ON IN THE STORY SO DONT THINK THIS IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! Naturally, you can create your own OC's.

Story 3 is 10 people plus 2 additional people that will be playing in a separate part of the story, mostly in PM's or in the 1x1 sections, unlike Story 1 everyone gets to make their own OC's. Again, more people can be accepted into the RP later on.

Anyways I hope you will show interest in this RP and see exactly why I consider this RP one of my Masterpieces. Keep in mind this RP will be slightly different. If enough people are interested I'll make another post with all the super powers. For character design and story purposes you are NOT allowed to choose your power, instead you can select 10 powers you DO NOT WANT, and you ability is chosen randomly form said list.

Sounds very interesting, I love the prospect of being given a power instead of choosing your own. Noting interest!

I'm very interested. Hopefully others will be too.

Looking to get into an rp. Have been wanting to write!

Oh yes, I got so inspired by this RP that I had to write a book about it, I really want to share it with everyone.

I wonder if others are interested. O.o

Whoo! Alright I'll post up the stuff later today gonna see if theres anymore people that want to tag along.

Ah this seems interesting. But a question though, are the powers chosen for the OC at random or are they picked based upon personality?

I'm interested as long as I can pick my own power, or at least have some say in the power. Don't worry, I'm not one of those guys that's looking to recreate superman, but I'd rather not get stuck with telepathy or something lame like the ability to grow wings and fly around, or the ability to spit acid from my mouth or something limited like that. Idk, let me know how you're handling the powers. Also what's the difference between the stories/ I get that story 1 is 1x1, but what's the difference between #2 and #3?

The powers will be chosen based around personality and the system that i use is I grab 3-6 abilities that I think are good for said power, and roll a die to make it truly random. And I usually don't give people something dumb like Vision: X-Ray, no abilities like that usually come from Mutations or other such things.

Basically the power system works like this: You start off with one power and a Negative 'Side Effect' that corresponds to that ability. For instance say someone got Pyrokinesiss one Negative they would have is that they're body temperature is raised a few degrees making them hot to touch but not enough to light things on fire. This won't hurt the owner but those it does mean allies can't touch him or he'd burn them.

As the story progresses your abilities will grow strong and occasionally 'mutate' which is where I will message you privately and give you the choise of how you want the ability to change. Just because you start off with something like Telepathy you can mutate that ability to turn into something like Mind Control.

So many typo's... Forgives meeee QQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I choose an overall archetype for my power (like "Physical combat power" or "Element manipulation") and then you decide the specifics based on a dice roll? If that's the case, I'm interested, but if I have no control over my power than I probably wont join. It's nothing against your idea but I abhor quite a few superpowers and I'd end up hating my character if I got stuck with something like telekinesis or teleportation (there are quite a few more but those are two I hate, sorry I'm picky lol)

Well... I can't let you choose your power, its mainly for story purposes. Next time I do Alphas (Book 2) You'll be able to choose your powersd but for this I can't let you choose your powers. There is a Powers you DON'T want section on the character sheet that lets you choose ten powers you do NOT want to have, I hope you'll give it some more thought before saying no.

Alright, with enough people interested I'll start the Character Sheet.

[QUOTE="True Queen Ashe]The powers will be chosen based around personality and the system that i use is I grab 3-6 abilities that I think are good for said power, and roll a die to make it truly random. And I usually don't give people something dumb like Vision: X-Ray, no abilities like that usually come from Mutations or other such things.
Basically the power system works like this: You start off with one power and a Negative 'Side Effect' that corresponds to that ability. For instance say someone got Psychokinesis one Negative they would have is that they're body temperature is raised a few degrees making them hot to touch but not enough to light things on fire. This won't hurt the owner but those it does mean allies can't touch him or he'd burn them.

As the story progresses your abilities will grow strong and occasionally 'mutate' which is where I will message you privately and give you the choise of how you want the ability to change. Just because you start off with something like Telepathy you can mutate that ability to turn into something like Mind Control.

So many typo's... Forgives meeee QQ

[/QUOTE]
I'm even more interested now

Ah, this is going to be good. I think this is a great idea, not only for story, but also so people can't create overpowered as hell character.

(E.x Animal manipulation: can turn into any animal, Increased strength: Can level mountains) I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed by these character.

Put me down as well, deciding on a power is usually the hardest part when i make a super powered OC so I love the idea of having the choice taken away :)

For everyone that is intersted the RP is now up and the character sheet and power list is now available. Please head on over the RP located here: Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back