• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
No worries.
I'll probably start the thread after work; we can tweak sheets a bit as we go.

Who of our three Guard players is most comfortable having authority thrust on them? The Children are going to select one of you to lead the Eclipse but in practice you're not going to be fully in charge or expected to give a ton of orders, just make hard calls when necessary.

Some other minor things:

All Savaan have superior adaptive night vision thanks to some hereditary tinkering. Not perfect, but good, and enhanced by your armour.
And second, for funsies, if you wanted to include 3 bulletpoints in your sheet on what your character believes about the world, their history, their faith, their enemy, their morals, etc. i feel like that'll prompt some fun questions and opportunities for scenes.

Who of our three Guard players is most comfortable having authority thrust on them? The Children are going to select one of you to lead the Eclipse but in practice you're not going to be fully in charge or expected to give a ton of orders, just make hard calls when necessary.

NOT what Vorkerrigan is built to do, but I'm comfortable as a player to do it if the others aren't.

It seems to be what Callisto ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver ) is built for and I'd support that.

All Savaan have superior adaptive night vision thanks to some hereditary tinkering. Not perfect, but good, and enhanced by your armour.
So if I was taking Divine Vision to make sure I had night vision is that redundant?
I may take a hand at crafting my own Gift if that's the case.

Yeah in that case have a think about something you'd prefer.
I'd actually totally forgotten it was part of the DV package - that explains why everyone was taking it.
I'll adjust it so it improves existing nightvision, since the one you have is imperfect.

Character update: I still want a four-armed rogue who goes stab-stab that didn't quite cut it to be the Shadow Divine so they ended up taking a position in the Twilight Guard instead. The one thing I am currently missing to make this character feel more like a character is a personal-motive, which I may be able to think of during work today (but no promises). Grey, let me know if there is anything else that you need from me in order to punch out the stat numbers. I don't want to hold the group back if there were any hopes to get the ball rolling this weekend.

As long as you can get some character info up, I won't be asked for rolls for a few posts so stats can backseat for a while.

Good motives include: avenging a friend or family member, winning accolades, redeeming oneself for the personal failure to become a Shade, discovering a secret useful or damaging to the cult.

I was thinking of something that is either like Celerity and allows bursts of speed, or a super-leaping capability. Or maybe both. Is that too close to other Clans?
As a Titan it would be good to close the gap quickly. I don't know the combat system well enough to know what the multiplier would be, or if it should be balanced by having to burn a blood point to use it.

With those caveats - here's a draft:

Integrated Musclature
Pre-requiste: Additional Heart or Auxiliary Heart
Using muscles excised from alpha predators the Surgeons integrated their fast-twitch capabilities into your armor and draw upon an Additional Heart or Auxilliary Heart to power them, allowing the Savaan to run faster and leap great distances.

Benefit idea #1: Doubles your movement, triples your jumping distance.
Benefit idea #2: +1 Fitness, +1 Athletics - which is essentially +2 Speed which would then increase Initiative and Combat Pool - so maybe too much?

I think making that an armour graft which adds +2 Fitness passively would work, and mayhe has an upgrade which allows you to burn blood to multiply that bonus.

Certainly makes you an absolute beast at closing gaps and taking hits, which is appropriate.

Integrated Musclature
Pre-requiste: Additional Heart
Integrating muscles excised from alpha predators into your armor the Surgeons allow the wearer to enhance the benefits of your Additional Heart. Using 1 point of blood from the reservoir you increase you gain an additional +2 Fitness for the turn.

+2? +3? I dunno. Grey Grey - looking for your guidance here cuz it's your system and I don't know what will overwhelm it.

Gifts used to be XP based but I've decided that's a bullshit WoD relic, so I am still deciding how exactly to allot them without turning Fitness into a god-stat.
My gut feeling is you get 2 to start, plus 1 for each tier of Armour, which are given out at story intervals. But I am always open to system feedback, too.

Another "duh!" moment for me.

So two of our Gifts are in us, and one is our Tier 1 armor?
So having Additional Heart in me boosts my Fitness by +2 all the time.

And Enhanced Musculature runs the risk of turning FItness into a god-stat?

I... think you may have missed the downside to extra limbs. You lose the fitness bonus from having an extra heart. Alternatively, you may not have realized that XP costs are cumulative (so the 6XP for the third point of an Attribute is in addition to the 3XP for the second point, not instead of).

Spiderheart Spiderheart

Like I said, the sheet is a WIP. "Additional Limbs" already tells me that I loose the bonus from "Additional Heart" so I saw no need to remove the effect from the description. Thanks for pointing out the XP distribution though.

Edit: Got up to the "Advantages" which are not yet finished. I believe that I fixed the EXP distribution.

Last edited:
Also on the note of composure, I didn't get it when I copy and pasted it from my notepad.
I even accounted for it in my xp count. I'll fix it. Sorry! Xd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back