• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Revival of Magic

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Solana

Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.” - Lloyd Alexander

Her mind raced in all directions as she tried to understand all that was going on. Solana turned half to Vincent and shook her head. "No, I'm ok. The book. . . Nevermind I'm fine." No one seemed to realize what had happened, varying degrees of expression's had greeted her after she looked at the book; it was best for her to try and figure out some things on her own before bringing it up to any critics.

Of course their professor took the time to lecture them in their last class of the year. Solana didn't listen to a peep, her eyes and ears kept falling on her friends around her. Everyone had a book and no one knew what to do with them. Solana knew deep down that everything from the night before was true, she had made a deal with some magical figure and so had all her friends. The stark realization washed over her in a wave, leaving her jittery in her seat. It was easy easy for her to swallow, it left her breathless and happy. Ever since she was a child Solana dreamed of a fantasy adventure that would swoop her out of her life-this is why she accepted everything so readily, too readily.

Once Jane left it was easier for everyone to get up and follow, especially since they already had a destination in mind. Solana wanted to bolt after them, but when she went to grab her bag the professor stared her down, not blinking. Her heart raced as she stared back, not sure if she should listen to her impulse or her better judgment. Luckily she didn't have to decide.

A loud "Meow!" Ripped through the classroom pulling all eyes to them. The professor threw his hands up in the air and shook his head.

"Why do I even bother anymore. You all are dismissed have a good summer." Solana didn't waste another second, she grabbed her bag and was out of there; not before she grabbed the cat by the scruff and motioned to her friends.

"Let's talk a little outside." Solana kept the cat secured in her hands as she rushed into the outside courtyard. The sun was warm on her neck as she plopped the cat down in a spot of sunshine. She waited a few moments for her friends who were still in class to meet her, pacing around the cat.

"I think it's magic." Solana pointed at the cat. "I found one too with my book. Did anyone else get one?"

----

Interactions: Anyone left in class. Specifically-
Lenny2000 Lenny2000
Tiny Tiny
Damafaud Damafaud
Sprite Pepsi Sprite Pepsi
dragonsfire dragonsfire
I think that's it.

28666a8aab047880804ba6f9d1dd12fa.jpg
Jane's book went haywire? The woman who had hit him with the door wasn't making a lot of sense. How could a book go haywire? Books were inanimate objects. They were incapable of going haywire in any which way. He supposed that maybe she was in on the drugging, but the look of worry on her face when she exited the cafe looked genuine. It was like she was actually concerned for Jane. Was it a ploy? Or was she just as confused as they were? Man, things had been hectic today. There didn't seem to be a real answer here. He usually just went with what everyone else did, but his friends didn't seem to have answers either. Why couldn't he just get an easy answer?

"Some drugs can affect memory. After being drugged, we could have walked home without knowing. It's like sleep walking..." Vincent said in response to Cynthia's request for an explanation. He knew his information was right, but even he thought it to be unlikely. How could they have all ended up at home, in their beds? One of them was bound to end up in some random park on a bench without their underwear. At this point he just didn't want to admit that magic could be real. If it was, then every fact that he had taken to heart and learned would have to be questioned....because the nonexistance of magic was supposed to be fact.

With a slightly concerned look, which was unusual for Vince as he was always a carefree individual, he followed Sebastian inside the cafe. There Jane was, sleeping against a wall. He looked to Zachariah, the one who had provided them sanction and free coffee through hard study sessions. There was no way he could do something like this. Vince might have believed that one of the employee's had drugged him, but there was no way Zach did such a thing. "C'mon. There's no way Zach did anything. If he wanted to, he would have done it a long time ago."

Vincent then went up to Jane, lightly slapping her cheeks in an attempt to wake her. "Jane." He said as he looked at her sleeping face. When she didn't wake, he smooshed her cheeks together so they she made a fish face. "Hey, J. Wake up. We need ya here, in the land of the woke." The only way they were going to get answers here was if Jane woke up. Hopefully she would clear this up and tell them what happened to her.

Interactions: Sostos Sostos Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Ashside Ashside THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Val was thankful that everyone came in fairly quickly. She didnt have time to explain everything although she did get many confused looks and a slight scowl from... she believed her name was Cynthea, although she tried to cover it up with a smile.

Again Val’s heart began to race, but this wasnt because of the book. She didnt like making people upset and she wasnt exactly sure what she had done to make the girl mad at her. Val shook her head lightly after everyone had made their way inside and headed upstairs. A few heads in the cafe turned to look at the sudden group of students who had decided to walk in, but for the most part everyone now kept their heads down.

Val followed them upstairs. Her immediate reaction was to check up on Jane, kneeling down beside Vincent to check if she was still breathing. She was. Someone else in the group that Val couldnt remember the name of turned to Zach, making sure he knew how bad it looked for him. Of course...he wasnt completely wrong, especially after what they thought, but Val knew he hadnt done anything. How could he when the same thing happened to him? Why would he have drugged himself?

Finally she turned back to Vincent.

“I’m not sure squishing her cheeks are gonna help... I wouldnt get too close either way, you see, a weird pink mist was floating around her head a little while ago. I think it came from her book..” Glancing around she found the pink book with the serpents lying a few feet away from where it had slid off of Jane.

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Ashside Ashside Sostos Sostos Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight NightMoves NightMoves (I hope thats everyone!)

Nijah Cross

Cross reached out in concern when Lana first fell, but stopped when the teacher entered the room. In any case she seemed alright in the end. A bit irritated by no more worse for the wear. She made a note to ask her about it later after class. Cross anticipated another boring class where the teacher attempted to teach even though there was no more time in the school year left to learn. What she didn't expect was it to be disrupted by that weird cat from this morning. Hadn't she locked the door behind her? How did it get out? Worse yet was the curiosity of it following her to school which was no short distance away. If he were a dog she could understand its ability to track, but not a cat as he were.

For all the strangeness at least it managed to get them the ability to leave class early. Cross was quick to follow Lana out the door and listen to her questions, feeling and immediate relief at their shared experiences. "I think that might be my cat? Only I left it in the apartment. It was near this book when I got out of the shower." Cross pulled out her book the bible-looking monstrosity that was most definitely not a bible.

She looked closer at the cat in Lana's arms. "How did you get out little guy? Clever little fella, aren't you?" she pondered offering a light scritching of the top of his head.Then an idea came to her and she looked at Lana. "Is this the same cat you saw?" Maybe this wasn't Cross' cat but rather the cat of Lana left over from when she left for school this morning.

TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins

Theodore Faylinn
The watched as Vincent poked his book and immediately drew his hand back and commented on his book being sharp as well, He looked down at his own book as he was actually holding it himself and wasn't the first time he was touching it but had never been poked or stabbed by his own book. He held his book to his chest so nobody would accidentally or purposely touch it and followed the rest of the group inside where he saw an unconscious Jane on the floor and the others trying to wake her.
Theo stood by and mostly listened standing a little bit behind when he heard Val say, a pink mist had been floating around her head and it looked like it came from the books.

"Is it possible that if the mist came from her book... and maybe if Darius is right about it being magic.. that the solution could be in her book... or maybe ours?"

Theodore felt a strange feeling as if radiating from his book that it was pleased at the comment of our books and potentially opening them, as if it wanted him to open it. Theo shifted a bit holding the thick book a little tighter as he felt the array of emotions that weren't his own. Theo had started to feel light headed and a bit claustrophobic as he even considered the possibility that magic was real and started to get overwhelmed, he then backed of a bit from the others and decided to find a seat nearby and try and relax and try and get a hold of himself.

Interactions:
Pretty much anyone in the cafe who can hear him.
Mentions:
Darius​

Sorhal thé everseer
Tiny Tiny TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins

The cat gagged as he was picked up by the scruff of his neck and carried off of in Solana's arms. The cat couldn't stop but smile and purr as he was being held in her arms he gave tiny licks over his fur in the cutest way possible.

As he was plopped onto a slab of rock he rolls all over it, loving the sunshine as he meows more and more, taking In The warm radiance all over his fur coat .

As Solana made the comment that she thinks the cat is magic he immediately rolls up to his all fours and pounces ontop of solana's shoulder to whisper into her war, her ear can feel the warmth of his breath ( was that close ) " a good guess I would say~"

Maryann was going to ask Theo if she can read his book again, because of Vincent's interruption. However, she didn't get the chance to do that. Because Theo had left the classroom just like the rest of her friends. 'Ok. This is getting pretty weird now. Everybody is leaving the classroom for some strange reason.' thought Maryann, who was confused by that.
Not knowing that her friends had to do that, so they can figure out about the books. She looked at Cynthia when she started to say something. "Weird, and maybe Theo has a similar dream too." said Maryann. She didn't know if she could leave the classroom like everybody else, for she didn't want to be rude like them. But when the teacher said that they can leave, Maryann got up from her seat. "Ok. I am coming, Cynthia, and you can touch the book." said Maryann.
Maryann open her bag so she can give her the water book, and then left the classroom in order to follow Cynthia.
Once there, Maryann were wide open when she saw the cat on Solana’s shoulder. “Oh my gosh. You are so cute!” said Maryann, as she walked towards it, and pet the cat’s head.
Mention: Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki
Interaction: Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight , and Lenny2000 Lenny2000
( Pet the kitty. ^33^ )

Last edited:
Solana
"Logic plus logic equals the illogical."- Jason Schwartzman

With a quick inspection of the white cat in her hands Solana shook her head no. "Not possible! The one I found is black-" She was cut off by the whisper in her ear. Solana always being the one for dramatics screamed and knocked the cat so hard and fast off of herself. Dancing back with wide eyes she points at the culprit. "Please tell me you guys heard that too?" She looked around at the few faces there, wondering if maybe she had actually lost it this time. Maryann had been close enough as she was touching the cat, but what if it was all in her head?

Strange dreams, magical books, talking cats? Solana wanted it so badly all to be real-her true adventure finally here- but it was getting too much for even her to be sure. Yet, what could be the logical answer? A prank? No one could or would do something this in depth to prank a bunch of college kids, what would be the point? That would be a lot of money and time that most people didn't have. No, the logical answer is the illogical answer in this situation-it was all to coincidental to not be.

Lost in her mind for only a moment Solana picked the cat back up, hoping she hadn't hurt it. "Ok cat, if you are magical then why is this happening?" Maybe questioning the cat would finally ease her mind fully, or just make her more insane. "Can my cat talk? Where are you from? Is there more of you? Does everyone get a cat and only me and Nijah are the only ones that found ours?" The image of poor lost kitty's crossed her mind but she was quick to dismiss it. The questions kept coming to her mind and bubbling out of her mouth-she was as curious as a cat.

----
Interactions: Everyone outside with her
Mentions: Tiny Tiny Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Lenny2000 Lenny2000

Sorhal the everseer

Despite trying to help the poor girl he was flung off of her shoulder in a big freak out. Meowing loudly he did a backflip and landed feet first ontop of a lamppost. Now looking down at her his tail flickers from side to side, now annoyed at the human. The girl now is truly driving his patience as now he feels no want to try to make her sane. In response to her hallucinatory questions he just plain out meows like a regular cat. Licking his paws innocently enough, he winks at solana while only getting cuter and cuter and fluffier in appearance.

Upon contact of the petting with the girl his fur was somehow unrealistically softer than rabbit's fur and was truly divine to feel when petting

Cynthia just looked down at Jane and just felt a weird combination of emotions. Concern, anxiety, confusion the feeling was somthing different then those but all the same. She watched as Vincent and Theo both debated about what to do. "I hate when Darius is right" She mumbled to herself and deiced to remove herself from the situation. Some freaky shit was going on here and it was making her feel completely useless. When Theo mentioned about the solution being in the books they had the sudden thought accorded to her. She neve even thought about opening her book till now. Cynthia pulled the book out of her bag feeling a tingle of excitement. Magic being real was always a ridiculous dream of hers, she never expected to actually happen in her life. "Someone check out Jane's book, probably with a face mask or something incase the mist appears again, I'm going to check mine out. Please have something useful in you." She then sat down in the nearest chair and opened the crimson red book.

Interactions:
Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster NightMoves NightMoves

(I think that's everyone. Slightly confused where everyone is location wise)

Val glanced at Jane's book again in distaste. Cynthea, however, was right.

"Good idea. Let's all look in our books to see if something could reverse these affects. Most likely it will be in Jane's book, since that's where it came from, but whoever decides to pick it up please be careful." She wasn't used to taking charge or really being helpful in any way when it came to group situations, but she decided to take the opportunity with this newfound courage wile she still could. Well, maybe not courageous enough to grab Jane's book, but still much more brave than usual.

Grabbing for her book, she opened it. She wasn't sure what she was expecting to find. Blank pages really. But instead she drew a slight gasp as the page she had flipped to now had strange squiggles on them. They seemed to move when she glanced away from them, and this new discovery didnt seem to settle well with her. However, she needed to focus on helping their friend...

Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight NightMoves NightMoves Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

(Just going off of what you put because I am also slightly confused lol)

Lyra

"Dreams are not without meaning wherever they may come from-from Fantasy, or elements, or inspiration."-Paracelsus

The study group was just background noise as Lyra relaxed in the cafe attic, sure no one wanted or needed her input. Her conciousness floated in and out of the room, dreams reached for her every so often. Somewhere in the room the beeping of an alarm went off jerking Lyra awake. One moment she was looking at the ceiling her friends close by, but when her eyes fluttered closed and open she was there no more.

She was falling she was sure of it, the ground was eating her whole- Alice in Wonderland style. White bony hands reached for her dragging their nails acrossed her skin. It hurt like it was real but no blood was drawn. She shook and screamed from their grasp, tears of fear dripped down from her face as if weighed heavy. Above her the cafe grew smaller and farther, her hands unable to reach. Fear coursed through Lyra's whole body as she seemed to just fall and fall forever. If matters couldn't get worse it grew hotter and hotter as if she was reaching the Earth's core, reaching hell. Lyra had never been religious her thoughts on creation more along the lines of a complex sims game, but if the devil himself wanted her to believe she would just to make it all go away.

Finally her body slammed to the ground, every bone shattered. She laid their in agony, screams ripped constantly from her throat. "It can stop." A voice sounded incorperal by her right shoulder. "I can make it stop." The voice was most definitely female, cold and soft at the same time.

"Or you can make it stop." Another voice boomed to her left, almost lost in the agony. "This is your realm, only you can tread here. Will it all gone." Shadows were growing on Lyra's already limited vison, she had to make a choice or she would die-she was sure of it. The ease of the women's offer sounded too good, too easy. No she would command her own body, her own life.

Lyra sucked in a deep breath and willed with her very being for all of the pain to go. She willed and willed, nothing happened at first but slowly her shattered body melded together. Lyra could see the room she had fallen into now, a cave that seemed to be someone's room a long time ago. Standing above her form was two unearthly beautiful beings, the ones who had talked to her.

Even though she had made her choice still both remained smiling. "You have a powerful future in front of you." The shadowed man began to talk, promising her the world. What they didn't see was the ghostly form of a child with snow white hair and black soulless eyes shaking her head and pointing at them. At the sight of the girl Lyra realized she was more physical than the two figures.

"You aren't meant to be here." Lyra whispered, trying to sort through why she felt like she needed to get rid of them.

"Child you haven't finished the bargin-" the woman interrupted the man realizing what she was going to do before even she did.

"You don't belong here begone!" Lyra screamed as she willed for them to go. A force pushed back at her, but it was no match for her here. They both disappeared in sparkles of opals and shadows. The child remained, for a second smiling as if saying `thank you'.

"You are welcome." She didn't even question the improbability of any of this, almost sure it was just a dream. Finally standing she took in the old cave, her hand running over the rock wall. It all felt and seemed so real. "How do I get out of here?" She turned to the ghost who still just floated in the same spot. Still it didn't speak, it just lifted it's finger at Lyra.

Did it mean she could do it herself? Lyra pinched herself, sure that like in a normal dream the pain would wake you. Yet Lyra remained and now her arm just hurt again. Maybe if she willed it though, her will had already done such miraculous deeds why not this? "Thank you." Lyra whispered to the ghost before her eyes fluttered again closed. She willed with all her might to just be home in bed. It seemed she remained for so long but when she opened her eyes she was home.

Sun shone in from the large window seat across the room signaling the new day. Lyra was still dressed in her clothes from the before, dirty where they hadn't been in the cafe. All of her thoughts too much Lyra wrapped herself back up in the blankets and rolled over going to sleep instantly. Thankfully her dreams were completely normal this time.

It was late morning the next time she woke, class over. Groggy Lyra stumbled around her room, only one goal in mind. She had been with her friends last night, maybe one of them knew how she made it home. Lyra got dressed in clean designer Jean's and a flowy black tank top before she left. She lived probably the farthest out of town in a small house her parents bought-justified as a vacation beach house. It would of taken too long to walk so Lyra jumped climbed into her jeep, her book bag still in the car from the night before-hidden inside was a book she had yet to see-

The ride was a loud mix of music and normal vehicle noises, Lyra's head filled with her strange dream. It was a quick drive to the cafe, the sound of her friends voices a welcome sound as she climbed the stairs. "You guys-" she was saying until she walked into total chaos. "What the?" She whispered as she stepped in, not sure if she should.

The moment she was fully in the attic her eyes landed on Jane, unconscious on the floor. "What the fuck?" She cursed looking at her friends as she hurried over to Jane. "Who did this?" Lyra felt her pulse, and searched her head for any wounds. There was a little blood on the back of her head, hidden by her hair. Lyra's dream was all but forgotten as she began to truly worry for her friend.

"Hey Sebastian, Vincent, Darius help me carry her." Lyra stood up and motioned to the closest people to her, hoping somebody would help. "She needs to go to the hospital! Jesus what are you guys thinking?" She shook her head flabbergasted, sure they would explain themselves eventually.
---
Interactions: Everyone there
Mentions: NightMoves NightMoves Sostos Sostos Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Cynthia started to look through her book and as she read the words it felt like power was thrumming through her veins. Okay maybe reading was too generous, she was more just looking at the pages because she couldn't exactly ready any o the writing. The script seemed almost distorted like a candle flickering, almost in a teasing manner as if it was trying to beckon her to delve deeper into the book. From the picture she was, it was what appeared to be runes and diagrams of a person moving their bodies. For a brief moment, the figure looked exactly like her. "Ugh! I'm not getting anything useful from mine. Anyone else getting better luck?" She asked as she set her book down and noticed a blue one.

Cynthia had almost forgotten she had Maryann's book. Maybe the answer would be in that one, and mary did say she could touch it. As soon as she grabbed the book something felt off. That was a warning one. Despite this feeling, she proceeded to attempt to open the book, but it resisted. Cynthia knew she wasn't the strongest girl in the world, but there was no way in hell she was so weak she couldn't open a book. That was warning two. After a bit of effort, the book was finally open and... Cynthia immediately went blind. A Torrent of water started to blast from the book directly into her face. It was like someone turned a hose full blast on her and she dropped the book in a blind panic, not before being utterly and completely soaked. "Bloody @#$@ $#@$ #@$%#$ @!#@$!!!!" She cursed in a furious tone and stood there panting for breath. "MARY WHAT THE HELL!" The blond barely registered that they decided to move their friend to the hospital.
@ Anyone who could see this event happen
Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki
NightMoves NightMoves

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#4f1818; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #4f1818; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#4f1818; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #4f1818; border-bottom: 1px Solid #4f1818; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #4f1818; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"]
Sebastian Lider
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
1558379680940-png.577714
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: Everyone present

Mentioned: TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight

Located: Café La Bouclier
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] The Book of Life[/div] It appeared as though one of the books just drenched Cynthia when she tried to read it and Sebastian recalled that earlier Solana fainted upon touching another book... perhaps each book has an inbuilt mechanism to stop others from reading it? Wait, but how would the book tell who's trying to read it? This must be some expensive technology and a very detailed prank... someone is pulling out all of the stops. "Perhaps we look at the books a bit later... lest we be soaked in water or shocked by electricity or who knows what... but we do need to get her some help."

At this point Lyra had come bounding in with a great suggestion.The hospital! Why didn't I think of that? Sebastian thought to himself, perhaps it was because he thought that Zach was responsible, but he also felt that he wouldn't do anything actually dangerous to someone else.

"Good idea, don't know why that didn't occur to me sooner." he said out loud, "But are you really suggesting we carry her? What if we hit her head against something and cause irreversible damage or something? Look, how about we simply put her in a recovery position and then wait for help? If she has a head injury, we need to check for a concussion." it appeared that his book had lead to hypochondriac levels of paranoia about the health of others, rather than his own, he didn't want to risk any harm to anyone else and so he pulled out his mobile phone and jammed in the three digits.

"Yes, hello, my friend has fallen unconscious and we don't know why... no, no allergies and she's usually healthy but she's out cold. We're at in Esselwood, Café La Bouclier, near the college. Could you walk me through how to get her safe while we wait?" Sebastian kept the phone in hand, briefly trying to explain the situation to the operative on the other side of the call. "They should be here in about 6,7 minutes. Meanwhile, let's get her somewhere where they can grab her and take her to the hospital ASAP."

As soon as he had called and explained the situation he rushed over to Lyra to provide some support and help her.

[/div]
[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith [/div]

There were too many things going on at once, but what Val did notice was that they had finally decided to call an ambulance for help! Already Lyra and Sebastian were helping Jane up, so Val didnt deem it necessary to do anything more. Once again, she fell back into her usual agreeable, passive mood and stood to help anyone who looked like they needed it.

She walked over to Cynthia, a concerned look plastered on her face.

“Are you alright..?” Val asked hesitantly, knowing the girl was probably in a bad mood and for a good reason.

Interacting: Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight
Mentions: Sostos Sostos Mqueserasera Mqueserasera TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back