• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Return to Mineral Town: A Harvest Moon RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Reanimator Buns

🌸Spring🌸
1st - Monday
Morning - Sunny

Giovanna awoke as usual that morning. She pulled on her blouse, buttoning it up, then the white collar, signifying her occupation and authority at this church. Spring had finally arrived. Gio was eager for so many things that started today. The chill of winter meant that late nights were a lot easier, and she wouldn't have to worry about tripping and breaking her neck on the way home from the bar, which leads to a lot more fun nights. Not to mention it was soon to be strawberry season, and of course the wildlife will be more active again, which meant new flower blooms and the path by the Goddess Spring would be a wonderful place for a walk. But the most exciting thing was that Mayor Alex had said that a new farmer would be in soon.

That Mayor Alex... What a strange one. Always going on about how this town is just a moments away from being abandoned. But people love this town, and its always had this strange quality of pulling people and having them fall in love with the little town. From all that she had seen, fresh, young faces always loved to drop by. She sat down, eating a piece of toast with strawberry jam, brushing her bright green hair from out of her face as she sat at the table in the church's garden, watching the birds digging at the freshly thawed ground and her mind couldn't help but wander towards what this new farmer was like? There were so many people in this town and she had already made friends with them, so another was exciting.

Having finished her breakfast, she filled up a watering can and started tending to the planters at the front of the church. Finishing up her morning routine, and greeting some of the children and other townsfolk as they walked by. As she was, she spotted Mayor Weston, running a quick inspection of the town. "Morning Alex! You look a little anxious. Honestly, I'm not sure why you're so worried. I'm sure he'll love it here!"

The Mayor tipped his large-brimmed hat towards the priest. "Mornin' Mother Giovanna. Yer probably right, but ya can never be too careful now can you? I'm sure you know as well as I do how valuable that farmland is for the community. I can't help but want to do everything I can to try and bring it back."

Giovanna laughed to herself. "You love that farmland a lot I can tell. Must have some good memories for you!" She gave him her regards as he kept on with his inspection and Giovanna went back to her watering. Good things come to those who put their all into their passions, but she just wanted to make sure that the gentle old man didn't overwork himself.

~ Abigail Providence, readying the storefront and heading to Mayweather Farm, early morning, tag: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing ~

With a yawn stifled, Abigail swept dust into a pan and looked about when she rose from her stoop with a pleased expression on her face. The floor was as clean as it could be, the counter polished, the store windows cleaned, the glass case very much cleaned, and the tables and baskets loaded for the day. Excellent! However, there was something she was forgetting, wasn't there? Something important to start off the first day of spring correctly?

A loud growl erupted from below her rib cage, and everything made sense. Of course she had forgotten to eat! To make matters worse, the store was supposed to start up in not even half an hour! Abby started tapping at her lip with a polished nail, her green eyes lost up in the rafters yet looking at nothing. What to do, what to do? Her provisions were mostly just foodstuffs that should be cooked first, and she did not have any eggs to fry up beforehand, let alone enough flour to turn into pan-fried cakes.

Perhaps she could go to the cafe? Or maybe the Mayweather Farm to pick up the quickest grocery run from Holly's storehouse, if there was anything left? She could fire up some vegetables on her frying pan, and that was a lot more appealing to smell when coming into the store front. 6:35AM? Still time before 7AM if she booked it, right? Hmm, yes, that was a good idea. To Mayweather Farm!

Tossing over her shoulder a floral backpack with her wallet, and whisking her hand through her hair for a fluff, Abigail left the store with a lock securing the place, just in case some kids tried to get into mischief. With luck she would catch the young farmer at home.

~ Huxley Price, sitting at the town square people-watching and heading inside the Inn, early morning, tag: Israel Israel ~

The morning was a lot less chilly than previously now that spring had finally come and winter had waned, and Huxley, having woken up from the chicken's cry and again at the ring of the bell, felt the need to stretch his legs this lovely morning. Putting on his Sunday best on a Monday, he milled about with a peaceful expression on his face, observing everything he could, as he often did. The inn was busy, and the farms too. Of the library, church, and clinic, he did not check, but assumed they were hard at work. Not him, though. He had work start at 9AM, and he was going to keep it that way.

Smiling smugly, he declared it was time to rest at the town square and sat down on a park bench near the western entrance, kicking back and relaxing. Now that the snow was out of the way, he could be collecting wood and stone for his house and wine cellar that always needed maintenance. At least the rodents did not settle inside this winter . . . filthy squirrels and mice always seemed to bother him, but not this time.

The dame in charge of the general store ran by with all of the haste in the world, her red hair fluttering behind her as she rushed off. What the hurry was, he did not know, but surely it was a big deal for a store owner to dash away.

Oh, right, the present. He had hoped to give the bar a bottle's worth of last year's wine as a sample. Perhaps that would tickle people's taste buds a bit and earn him a little more money. He liked money. Trudging back, he picked up the bottle, all wrapped up in fine wrinkled paper, and stepped next door.

"Oi, Eli, are you working today?" he asked as he stepped inside, looking left and right for the dapper little man. "I got you a present, you munchkin. On the house and fresh from the cellar."

Holly's eyes fluttered in the darkened room. The sun had not yet taken the horizon but the sky had begun to lighten. Rising she dressed and readied herself before starting out the door to the fields and greenhouse. She had tilled the soil the day before, now it was time to show seeds for the season.

The sun had risen by the time she was done with the seeds and starting to water. Sighing heavily, Holly looked up at the sun wiping sweat from her brow. She needed to hurry and finish the watering. Rushing through the rest for the chores she was just starting into the shop with an arm full of produce and seeds when she noticed a figure in her peripheral vision.

As Abigail approached Holly smiled bright as the sun. "Good morning Abigail! How are you this beautiful day?"

The Hot Springs were definitely isolated from the rest of the town, resting near the Mine and Goddess Spring. Pam had grown used to the sounds of water, not only because of the Hot Springs, but because of the waterfall that resided just a short walk from the Hot Springs. Water made her feel comfortable, and so she awoke with a smile and well rested physique. For a moment, she laid and contemplated her plans from her warm blanket. The farm, and thus the new farmer, were technically closer to Pam than the town. While she mulled over the idea of going out to greet the farmer, she also had a list of chores she really did want to get done. More supplies, traps, food... Lot of things she needs! And then she has to go set up the Hot Springs...

Nodding to herself, she grinned and hopped out of bed. She lived in the basement of the Hot Springs, full of creaky wood and sunlight shafts peeking through the window. Smelled like home, looked like home... She couldn't help but pause. An incomplete home... Her mind tried to cloud over, but she shook her head. "Soon, Pam. But you can't just rush in," she whispered, to no one but herself. Casting the dark thoughts aside, she got dressed and readied herself for the day. Hot Springs showers had to be one of the best parts about living here! She thought cheerfully, successfully bringing her mood back up.

Heading outside, she looked ready to go. The Hot Springs always rejuvenated her orange hair, so it bounced on her shoulders as she made her way to town. She had a backpack on, as she found it the best way to carry anything she thought might be useful. She passed the farm, noting no one was there... And kept going, crossing over the bridge into town. She waved at people around her, if she saw them. Her smile was broad. Today was a good day. She paused for a moment, close to the church... "Hey, Giovanna!" The young woman called, seeing the priest out front. "Tending to chores as usual?" she'd joke, adjusting her backpack. "On an unrelated note... See anything weird or wacky that I might be interested in?" her words would continue, as she figured the priest would be the first to hear about anything truly unusual. "Not that that's the only reason I came out here; but if I see an opportunity, I'm gonna take it!" she exclaimed, taking a moment to let Giovanna answer with an unabashed grin. Pam could talk a lot if she got carried away...

Interacting With: Giovanna ( Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns )

Holly's eyes fluttered in the darkened room. The sun had not yet taken the horizon but the sky had begun to lighten. Rising she dressed and readied herself before starting out the door to the fields and greenhouse. She had tilled the soil the day before, now it was time to show seeds for the season.

The sun had risen by the time she was done with the seeds and starting to water. Sighing heavily, Holly looked up at the sun wiping sweat from her brow. She needed to hurry and finish the watering. Rushing through the rest for the chores she was just starting into the shop with an arm full of produce and seeds when she noticed a figure in her peripheral vision.

As Abigail approached Holly smiled bright as the sun. "Good morning Abigail! How are you this beautiful day?"

~ Abigail Providence, at Mayweather Farm, early morning, tag: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing ~

The rush to the farm left Abigail a little more winded than she thought, but she tried her best to keep herself from choking out words. Witnessing Holly's beaming smile, she attempted and succeeded in doing the same, though away from the clock she was starting to worry about time.

"Doing well and staying busy, thanks! But I'm sorry! I have an emergency! A food emergency!" she expressed, bowing apologetically and having her hair tumble forward around her shoulders. "Do you have any leftover vegetables I can cook on a pan inside the storehouse? Anything works, even eggs or potatoes if you have them. I'll pay you however you'd like, seeds or money. Strawberries seem to be this year's favourite spring crop."

She tossed a worried look over her shoulder, as if the line was already building outside of her shop. Perhaps she would have to go hungry until she can eat lunch at the cafe if nothing can be done.

Ruby Knight, Castlevania clothing store & Ranch, early morning, interactions: open

Since winter has ended Ruby is moving all the clothes she can't sell in this weather to the storage while pulling out boxes for the spring outfits, several hats for the extremely sunny days, and coats too for the chilly days, once that's done she heads outside the let the animals out, she's sure they already ate though, they still needed to plant grass so they can graze "And now you can run around again." she says petting some sheep as they pass her, she'd get them inside again when it starts raining, if it starts raining, they went inside on their own anyway.

When that's done Ruby heads out to buy some groceries as she hadn't been able to do so the day before, she didn't need too much though, Trevor could get the rest later.
-----------------------
Trevor Knight, Beach, early morning, interactions: open

Having fed the animals and refreshed their water after he woke up Trevor's at the beach, taking in the fresh air, though he'd have to be back at the ranch later to open the store, but that was later, for now he'll enjoy the piece and quiet of the beach, though he's sure some people are plenty busy already.

Last edited:
~ Abigail Providence, at Mayweather Farm, early morning, tag: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing ~

The rush to the farm left Abigail a little more winded than she thought, but she tried her best to keep herself from choking out words. Witnessing Holly's beaming smile, she attempted and succeeded in doing the same, though away from the clock she was starting to worry about time.

"Doing well and staying busy, thanks! But I'm sorry! I have an emergency! A food emergency!" she expressed, bowing apologetically and having her hair tumble forward around her shoulders. "Do you have any leftover vegetables I can cook on a pan inside the storehouse? Anything works, even eggs or potatoes if you have them. I'll pay you however you'd like, seeds or money. Strawberries seem to be this year's favourite spring crop."

She tossed a worried look over her shoulder, as if the line was already building outside of her shop. Perhaps she would have to go hungry until she can eat lunch at the cafe if nothing can be done.
Holly nodded, listening to Abigail fret over her worries. "Not at all a problem come inside and I'll take care of you!" Pnce back in the shop Holly set down the arm load of goods and got to work. She filled a basket high with all she had that she knew Abigail bought regularly.

The basket looked like a bouquet with all the colors of fresh fruits and vegetables brimming over. Noticing the girl look over her shoulder Holly just giggled. "No need to fret. The shop isn't usually busy this early in the day. You are being no inconvenience. I know that's what you're thinking." Holly smiled brightly across the counter again as she run Abigail up.

Holly nodded, listening to Abigail fret over her worries. "Not at all a problem come inside and I'll take care of you!" Pnce back in the shop Holly set down the arm load of goods and got to work. She filled a basket high with all she had that she knew Abigail bought regularly.

The basket looked like a bouquet with all the colors of fresh fruits and vegetables brimming over. Noticing the girl look over her shoulder Holly just giggled. "No need to fret. The shop isn't usually busy this early in the day. You are being no inconvenience. I know that's what you're thinking." Holly smiled brightly across the counter again as she run Abigail up.

Scratching her neck in embarrassment, Abigail followed after Holly by her request and stepped inside. Her eyes wandered. The place always looked effortlessly maintained in comparison to the general shop. Maybe it was possible because the building had a more matching rustic charm with the farmhouse look. Did that mean she should probably remodel her shop to befit the town's needs? Maybe. She would have to give the thought a lot more attention later.

Her trance looking over her shoulder was broken when she witnessed the mound of fruits and vegetables within the basket, and her pupils went wide. Was all of this for her? This seemed bigger than, well, than all of the times she went here, honestly. She would have to pay well for all of this, and pay she will as she took out her watermelon-themed purse.

"You're really too kind," she replied, pulling out the amount dictated by Holly or the register and separating it out on the counter. "And insightful. You must tell me how you know sometimes."

Abby stared at the mountain of food before her. She could not run back without spilling something over the brim of the basket. Perhaps lightening the load with an apple would help two-fold: staving off hunger and lessening the chance of food rolling off.

"Come to the shop sometime and I'll make you some apple tarts, maybe some strawberry tarts if you can grow the strawberries. Thanks, Holly! I owe you one!"

Picking up the basket with a winning smile, Abigail left taking the weight in stride. She hardly made it out of the farm before her arms started feeling tired. How she would carry all of this back home, she had no idea, but she would make every effort to do so. The butternut squash looked particularly appetising for the side of a nightly meal.

Ruby Knight, town, early morning, interactions: Abigail ( Thanny Thanny )

Ruby raises an eyebrow seeing Abigail, so she walks over "Excuse me, you look like you need help carrying that." she says, trying not to startle the general store owner, she had been on her way there anyway, so why not help out a little? That and she could probably carry it a bit easier, since she's used to carrying animals, she can't lift a kalf though, that's a two person job.

"I know it's a bit early, but I couldn't come by yesterday to get some last groceries and the shop needs to open on time, no hurries though, it's still early." she says.

~ Abigail Providence, at Mayweather Farm, early morning, interaction: Flame Demon Flame Demon ~

Abby was surprised but very glad to see someone else along the path who was not only willing to help her out to the store, but also buy things there. The validation of her worries about opening the store on time was bittersweet in that she was right to worry, though she hoped Holly was correct. Laying down the basket from the handle, she greeted that other person.

"Hey! Ruby, was it?" she expressed with a wide, brimming smile. "I'd happily take you up on that offer. I'll admit I'm not too well practiced with carrying heavy loads far (unless they're barrels). Let me know if you're tired and I'll trade with you."

A little further into the walk, they reached the town square. The flower beds seemed to be bursting with new life already, tiny sprouts erupting from the potting soil. Some flowers seemed to come out of buds already. Was it nature's undertaking or Giovanna the priest's, she wondered? Either way, it was close to being ready for the Egg Festival.

"So, Ruby, what groceries do you need? I've gotten a fresh stock from the 28th, so I reckon I'd have mostly everything you would need."

Giovanna waved at the new caretaker at the hot springs. Strange that there hadn't been one before. Oh well. Not a real concern now was it. Gio had taken a liking to Pam thus far, who was far more interested in magic than others around the town. And of course, Giovanna, being the priest, always had a few more ideas than some other people might. She sighed, placing her hand against her hip hearing her request. "Leading with that again, huh Pam? Well, spring's coming up. Likely going to be a lot more Magic Flowers in bloom. If you bring some by, maybe I'll help you out with something" But what really got Gio's attention was the mention that Pam was here for another reason.

"Oh yeah? So Ms. Strange Concoctor, to what else do I owe the grace of your presence for? Giovanna placed the watering can down, having finished and moved to the other side of the planter, as to not be talking over it with Pam. She brushed off some dirt and dust from her overcoat and stepped onto the cobblestone streets. EggB EggB

~ Abigail Providence, at Mayweather Farm, early morning, interaction: Flame Demon Flame Demon ~

Abby was surprised but very glad to see someone else along the path who was not only willing to help her out to the store, but also buy things there. The validation of her worries about opening the store on time was bittersweet in that she was right to worry, though she hoped Holly was correct. Laying down the basket from the handle, she greeted that other person.

"Hey! Ruby, was it?" she expressed with a wide, brimming smile. "I'd happily take you up on that offer. I'll admit I'm not too well practiced with carrying heavy loads far (unless they're barrels). Let me know if you're tired and I'll trade with you."

A little further into the walk, they reached the town square. The flower beds seemed to be bursting with new life already, tiny sprouts erupting from the potting soil. Some flowers seemed to come out of buds already. Was it nature's undertaking or Giovanna the priest's, she wondered? Either way, it was close to being ready for the Egg Festival.

"So, Ruby, what groceries do you need? I've gotten a fresh stock from the 28th, so I reckon I'd have mostly everything you would need."
"Just some vegestables and fruits, our cows should start giving milk again soon, if you need any. I also need grass seeds so our animals can graze outside." Ruby explains, the basket was a bit heavy, but nothing she couldn't handle "And our chickens have already laid a lot of eggs, so we can probably send some over, but my brother handles that part, I mainly focus on the clothing store." she says.

Knowing her brother he'd probably sell extra stuff they got to the general store "And as I said, it's early, most people won't need groceries right after chores.", she adjusts her grip on the basket a bit and she looks at the flowers at the plaza, she'll admit, it was nice to have them in the town.

~ Abigail Providence, walking back to the general store, early morning, interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns EggB EggB ~

Milk and eggs? Abigail felt very interested in this and might actually use whatever is sold instead of vending it to another town. She was a bit of a foodie, and missed the taste of certain dishes. However, she did carry all of these things.

"That sounds excellent, in that case. I have seeds aplenty, especially grass seed. Cows and chickens sound challenging to keep. Are they tough to raise and keep fed?"

They next passed the church, spotting Giovanna talking with the mysterious Pamela who owned the hot spring outside of the heart of town. She attempted to wave and smile at the both of them should they look over, but said nothing. She had no time right now for chattering with them with the store needing to open and not wanting to bother Ruby by holding her up.

"The church is looking more beautiful as time goes on," she spoke to Ruby out of earshot of the others. "Have you visited the hot spring before? I haven't been there in a long time, honestly. Not since Mom was the store vendor."

Ruby Knight, early morning, walking to the general store, interactions: Thanny Thanny Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns EggB EggB

"It's actually not that bad." Ruby says "But I just let them out in the morning when the weather's good.". She gives the priest and hot tub keeper a nod, since she has her hands full "Can't say that I have, but I don't really see the point since I can just take a hot bath at home for free." she admits, she had thought about it, but in her opinion a hot spring should either be free for people who can't afford it or big enough to be used by several people at once.

"And if you're interested in selling eggs and milk then you need to talk to my brother about it, he handles those things." she says quietly, it wasn't that hard to raise animals, if you knew what you were doing anyway.

Elijah Mordecai Weingarten | Location: The Velvet Tavern (Bar) / The Inn
Elijah had started his day relatively early. While technically the bar would not be open until way later, he still had to do his regular weekly inventory check and make sure to place an order for any alcohol, mixers, and fruit he would need. His main inventory was in a rather large pantry that was behind the bar's semicircle-shaped bar counter. He held a clipboard with a piece of paper on it and he was counting a few liquor bottles that were on a multi-level shelf. The dark-haired man was humming a little tune as he worked. While it was definitely a tedious task, he knew it had to be done. Also, it would give him an excuse to expand on adding to his collection of liquors and liqueurs.

As Elijah was about to finish up, he heard a voice call out for him. He instantly recognized the voice as belonging to Huxley Price. A small smile graced his lips and he walked out from his storage area. "Mornin', Hux. What brings you around?" The multi-colored haired man beamed at the taller man. His thick accent had never waned in any of the years he lived in Mineral Town or the large city he lived in before. "A present?" His grin grew bigger and he bounded over to the man. He didn't seem to mind the little teasing nickname that the other male had given him. He wrapped his arms around the man in a quick hug. Despite his small stature, Elijah was very robust. Unfortunately he didn't realize his own strength most of the time and would, unintentionally, cause others distress. He then turned to the finely-wrapped gift and began to carefully unwrapped the bottle of wine. The young man's amber gaze lit up when he saw the bottle. "Oh wow. Thank ya, hun. I'm sure my patrons and I can't wait to try it!" A warm grin spread on his face.

~ Abigail Providence, walking back to and entering the general store, early morning, interactions: Flame Demon Flame Demon ~

Abby nodded along, interested in anything animal-related. It baffled her how cows and chickens feed off of grain and grass. If she attempted anything of the sort, she would not be able to tolerate such repetition! She was perfectly happy with diversity. As for the hot spring, there was something odd but special about the place. Maybe it was the water. The smell, the taste (yes, she tasted it when she was younger), the feel -- it was different, though she had to agree with Ruby that a home bath was more economical.

"I'll have to speak with Trevor a bit more, then. You sell it at the barn? I'll be glad to take any surplus off your hands. It'll keep the mailman on his toes, I think."

She emitted a wily grin, partially honest, partially joking. She had no small rivalry with the mailman with trying to keep selling and buying customers. U-Pack was a successful business. All you had to do was load everything in a storage bin and they did the sorting and handling for you. It was a farmer's dream, but a shopkeeper's nightmare.

Passing the clinic, they finally arrived. Abigail felt embarrassed that Ruby carried the package the whole way. Perhaps she could knock off a portion of the bill as a form of payment, or perhaps . . .

"Would you care for going out for a drink sometime? Coffee? Tea?" she asked as she took the heavy load from Ruby and set it down on the lone stone step leading to the store. The jingle of keys on a small ring sounded out, followed by the sound of tumbling locks. "I'll buy."

With that the door was open, allowing them both to enter.

~ Huxley Price, inside the Inn, early morning, interactions: Israel Israel ~

For some reason the embrace Elijah provided caught the man off-guard, and with an oof he rubbed at his distressed ribs with a smirk on his face. The country kid was stronger than he looked, and that was saying something. The farmboy was in no way a beanpole like himself, and if there was a contest of strength Elijah would probably beat them all, excepting maybe Trevor or Pam.

"Yep, last season was a real beauty," he responded, brushing back raven hair from over his eyes. "Most of the grapes did quite well with the mix of rain and sun. You can taste the difference in this bottle, and I've a small bounty of them in the shop if you'd like more." He looked about in a space-cadet manner, twining some strands of his hair next to his ear, then returned his gaze. "Rumour tells it there's a farmer coming to town to take over the big ranch. Did you hear anything different? I've yet to see them, and the farm last I checked was as derelict as ever since its last owner. I thought maybe they'd make a stop here at the inn, being a hotspot for travellers."

Ruby Knight, general store, early morning, interactions: Thanny Thanny

"Not really, most of the time we sell it to the city, but we don't do that anymore since we opened the clothing store. The city doesn't pay ranchers that good." Ruby says and she shrugs, besides, their sheep and silk worms were needed for her to make clothes, Trevor handled that though.

"Well I do spend some Sundays in the bar with my brother, sometimes anyway, but that can vary from day to day." she says, adjusting her wool jacket, guess she could put that in her closet until Fall too, she liked it though, so maybe she'd wear it on cold days in spring.

The orange hair on her head shimmered under the sun as she grinned, the mention of Magic Flowers lighting a fire in her eyes. "You know I'd love your help with that," she admitted, knowing full well she hadn't unlocked the secrets of them. Or, probably any magical substance she had gotten her hands on in the past. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips as she absorbed the nickname Giovanni had given her. Definitely not the worst she had heard! Better than being called greedy by those who wanted to go to the Hot Springs for free. How was she supposed to make a living like that? She had taxes to pay! And upkeep to maintain! AND new ingredients to try, though this was more optional.

As Giovanni moved away from the flower beds, Pam became preoccupied observing them. "Ah, well... The new farmers. I wanted to know what you knew about them, I guess," she replied, her gaze fixated on the flora. It seemed she was a little hesitant when it came to the newcomers in town; she hadn't met many new people in her lifetime, and so her nerves were getting to her. "I mean, not that I don't trust them..." she continued, finally looking at Giovanni with unreadable eyes. "I just want to make sure everything is okay. And if you or anyone needed any help, yknow?" she seemed to be sort of rambling, though her smile was slowly coming back. "So! if you've got anything you need help with, just say so!" she'd offer brightly, clearly trying to not dwell on the darker tones of the conversation.

Holly waved to Abigail as she left. "Absolutely! Should have the strawberries soon." Once she was alone Holly sighed. Looking around she remembered the large bundle of produce she had left on the table. Quickly she put the products on shelves. She would busy herself the rest of the morning with dusting and sweeping. It was rare she got too many customers. She hated to admit it but this town was barely keeping it's pulse. Nothing ever really changed and short of the other residents there wasn't much income. With that being the case seed sales in recent years had all but dried up. Still she stocked the best heirloom seeds and vegetables she could, hoping to keep her grandparents' farm going strong each year.

Elijah Mordecai Weingarten | Location: The Velvet Tavern (Bar) / The Inn | Interactions: Huxley Price ( Thanny Thanny )
At the mentions of more bottles, Elijah nodded thoughtfully. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind. Meanwhile," He reached over for the clipboard that he had set on the bar before he had hugged Huxley, "I got a list of wine quantities that I'll need to restock." He ripped a piece of paper off that had a few different types of wines and their quantities. He handed the piece of paper over to the winemaker. "I'll drop the payment off when I come by later to pick the order up."

At the mention of the new farmer, Elijah let out a small chuckle. It almost seemed like everyone was curious about this new person, including Elijah himself. He really hoped that they would come by in the evening and relax at his bar. The young man realized that not everyone was a fan of alcohol, but he truly enjoyed any patron whether they partook in drinking cocktails or mocktails. He truly enjoyed the relaxed environment when everyone got off work and came to relax at his establishment. "I ain't one for gossip or nothin'... but I heard they was from a big city. Not that cityfolk can't rough it, I'm sure they'll fit right in." He gave Huxley a wink, as if to say 'don't mess with them.' "Anyways... if you see 'em before me, send 'em my way. I want to give 'em a little welcome gift." The smaller male smiled at the dark-haired winemaker.

Giovanna crossed her arms. For as excited as their mayor was, he never really gave her all that much information about the new potential farmer. "Well, Alex, hasn't told me much, but I can infer a few things about them. They gotta be one patient person for starters to sit and listen to Alex ramble on about that farm for starter's." She laughed. He was a good man, but definitely was pretty long winded, with a tendency to talk in circles.

"But, seriously, who knows. They could be someone desperately in need of work, or an escape. But I can't imagine they're a bad person. You don't just move to a new farm with the intention to run it if you hate animals or plants. Just a hunch, of course." Pam, also was offering to lend a hand to anyone who needed it. Gio spent a moment to think about it. "You know what? Why don't we buy a couple groceries for the new farmer? As a welcome gift! Wouldn't want them to show up penniless and living off of grasses they find growing in the field right? You can help me carry it down there!"

EggB EggB

While Pam listened to Giovanna, she nodded in understanding and visibly lit up at the mention of a welcome gift. "You know what, that's a fantastic idea!" she agreed, clasping her hands. "We could definitely get them some seeds, and maybe something for them to eat for their first night here?? I am so excited!" she admitted, getting lost in thought. It seems her previous suspicious nature was quelled at the idea of getting to know the farmer first hand, which Pam didn't think she'd be able to do. Giovanna also made some good points; how bad of a person could you be if you cherished farming and animals?

Pam's attention switched to the general store, and seed store that Holly ran. She wondered aloud, "well, where should we go first??" Her gaze shifting between the two options. That wasn't to say she was dead set on not going to other areas/stores, but she figured those would be a good place to start. "Maybe we could get a gift from every part of town, if they wanted to contribute?" it looked like a little lightbulb had gone on in her head as she suggested this. She thought it was a good idea, and even knew what she would put in the gift!

Ruby Knight, general store, early morning, interactions: Thanny Thanny

"Not really, most of the time we sell it to the city, but we don't do that anymore since we opened the clothing store. The city doesn't pay ranchers that good." Ruby says and she shrugs, besides, their sheep and silk worms were needed for her to make clothes, Trevor handled that though.

"Well I do spend some Sundays in the bar with my brother, sometimes anyway, but that can vary from day to day." she says, adjusting her wool jacket, guess she could put that in her closet until Fall too, she liked it though, so maybe she'd wear it on cold days in spring.

~ Abigail Providence, at the general store, early morning, interactions: @ Flame Demon Flame Demon ~

Abby glanced back at Ruby, not all too surprised that the city did not shell out much for milk. She guessed competition must drive the prices low, whereas here they were limited in their choices: buy milk directly from the farm or buy the commercial stuff here at her store. Abigail did not touch her own animal products too much. She wanted to turn as much of a profit as she could to upgrade the store, though she had to admit that the farm eggs and milk here were far better to her palate than elsewhere. She missed the older farmer at the large ranch, but those days were long gone.

"Sundays, huh? Lucky me that I am closed Sundays," she said, beaming a wide grin and setting down the heavy load near the register. "I should try to come on by sometime, if you're up for company. I hope they still have apple pie à la mode. Their menu changes a lot, in my eyes." She looked about grandiosely, her hand sweeping everywhere in the mostly immaculate store. "Have a look at my wares for anything you need. You said you need seeds, right? Grass seed? I've a few dozen bags of that, and some produce too. If you need a hand with delivery, we can deliver it via pickup for a mild fee to cover gas."

Elijah Mordecai Weingarten | Location: The Velvet Tavern (Bar) / The Inn | Interactions: Huxley Price ( Thanny Thanny )
At the mentions of more bottles, Elijah nodded thoughtfully. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind. Meanwhile," He reached over for the clipboard that he had set on the bar before he had hugged Huxley, "I got a list of wine quantities that I'll need to restock." He ripped a piece of paper off that had a few different types of wines and their quantities. He handed the piece of paper over to the winemaker. "I'll drop the payment off when I come by later to pick the order up."

At the mention of the new farmer, Elijah let out a small chuckle. It almost seemed like everyone was curious about this new person, including Elijah himself. He really hoped that they would come by in the evening and relax at his bar. The young man realized that not everyone was a fan of alcohol, but he truly enjoyed any patron whether they partook in drinking cocktails or mocktails. He truly enjoyed the relaxed environment when everyone got off work and came to relax at his establishment. "I ain't one for gossip or nothin'... but I heard they was from a big city. Not that cityfolk can't rough it, I'm sure they'll fit right in." He gave Huxley a wink, as if to say 'don't mess with them.' "Anyways... if you see 'em before me, send 'em my way. I want to give 'em a little welcome gift." The smaller male smiled at the dark-haired winemaker.

~ Huxley Price, inside the Inn, early morning, interactions: @ Israel Israel ~

Hux accepted the paper, gazing down upon it curiously as Elijah continued speaking. A mental checklist was being done in his eyes. Yup. Uh huh. Got it. Got it. All of these should be in his inventory, so this order was quite feasible and required no substitutes, just the way he liked it.

"I'm running low on Jubilation, about a dozen or so bottles left for that one after this order, but all of this looks like it is on the up-and-up. I'll have them delivered straightaway."

He caught the wink, the ever-present goofy smile on his face widening just a little bit more, and scratched an imaginary itch at the back of his black mane. He forgot that Elijah used to be a city slicker, though he was always ensured of his country origins.

"Aye, I'll send them your way all right, 'specially if they're a paying customer. Don't go pawning off my gift entirely onto them now, Eli. That's for you and the rest to enjoy. Take care of yourself."

With a twirl of a finger in a pseudo-fancy manner, Hux left with the piece of paper in hand, heading next door. The town life was getting a bit dull, but maybe a new face would spice things up a notch. Perhaps then he would be able to win at cards.

Ruby Knight, general store, early morning, Thanny Thanny

"My store's closed too and Trev closes at 5 I think, he's often found in the bar afterwards." Ruby says and she heads to the grass seeds, she needed probably at least five bags of seeds, if they didn't manage to sell anything, afterwards she goes to grab some fruit and veggies, Trevor could get the rest later.

While the clothing store got then a decent income they got more from the animals they sold, sometimes to people outside of the town, clothes, ahe had figured, needed to be replaced a lot with farming and ranching and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back