• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Return to Middle Earth

Lotharn looked at the wizard. In a sense he reminded him of Gandalf, but a younger version of him. He was human, but that did not mean anything for some wizards. They had learned the magic to keep them from aging as normal humans did. They aged but very slowly, some like Gandalf had lived for hundreds of years. Timberline looked middle age, but could be a lot older then that. He seemed surprised that they were there. He wondered if Timberline knew where the elf communities were. Those like Gandalf knew and visited them often.

"Why am I here?" he asked. "Well you are the reason." I was making my way north and was passing this town, when I heard other travelers on the road speak of two elves showing up here. They retreated to their forest cities long ago. Therefore I thought it strange that two would be here." He looked them over. "So where are you to from?"

"From the west, beyond the great plain." Lotharn said. "The majority of us have returned to the Misty Isles where our ancestors came from. Those here never heeded the call to return. We came in search of them."

Timberline looked at Octivia. It was as if he felt something and looked at her with questioning eyes.

Octavia stood behind Lothran and watched this wizard. He had a similar look as Gandalf just younger and had a different air about him. She put her bow on her back and sighed her arms crossed. She was interested in wizards they all had some crazy life's and were very tricky.

She looked at him when he explained about travelers saying elves were in the town. Great glad I am just and elf she thought. She shook her head and pursed her lips. She kept her bag close.

When Lothran jumped in to explain about why they were here. She was definitely a silent type and when the Wizard gave her a questioning look."you have something to ask of me?" She asked him. Her lips pursed still as she watched him.when she was mad her features were hard and dark looking .

Death to all betrayers

Timberline smiled at Octavia. "I sense you have some use of magic. Rare that one like you would be allowed out in this type of a world." He gave a low chuckle. "So you have come to see why the elves of these parts did not head the call to return to the Misty Isles." he shugged his shoulders. "Well I guess you will have to ask them that." He turned and began to decend the stairs. "Come I will take you to Ashdale. It is a ways and we should leave immediately. There are those about that do not like elves."

Lotharn looked at Octavia and shugged his shoulders. "Well it seems we will not be getting much rest tonight." He followed the Wizard down the stairs. The tavern had few patrons now but as they moved into the street there were a number of people that wanted to get a glimpse of the Elves. For so long they had almost come to think of them as myths instead of really existing. A little girl ran up to Octiavia, her mother trying to stop her but couldn't. The little girl looked up at Octavia a bright smile on her face and lifted a small hand that clutched some flowers. "Are you truely and elf?" she asked.

Octavia looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "That I do and rare no sir, I am one of a kind and being out here is my decision. " She said. Her sharp eye's watched the wizard with an odd look. "Why they sis not head it is of bo concern of ours. They made there choice. "She said to him." Of course they don't like us." Octavia muttered.

Octavia rolled her eye's at Lothran. Sleep was something she was hoping for.Octavia followed both males qith a frown on her face. She put her hood up to hide her face as she saw in onlookers trying to see the elves.Octavia looked down at the small girl that had run up to her." That I am little one. I come from Rivendale. A place long forgotten from human minds."Octavia said gently.

Death to all betrayers

"Are the elves going to come back to us? Mommy said that long ago they came to the cities and towns of mankind to trade and teach." the little girl asked. "I hope so. Mommy said that elves were beautiful and brought much magic to the world and made it a good place." Lotharn smiled at the small child. Innocent and had an open mind. Many were the whispers about Timberline. "Wizard and the like, much like Gandalf encountered in his travels. They feared wizards because they could use magic and do things normal humans could not. They gave him a wide berth. He ushered them on towards the stables where their horses were. Lotharn removed a small broach from a pouch and pinned it on the little girls clothing.

"We will be back." he said as he squated down to her level. "Hopefully we can convince or kindered to come forth again." He then stood and followed Timberline. Once in the stable he spoke again. "There is an evil comming this way. Five creatures that I fear are of the undead. Octavia has seen them in a vision." Timberline turned suddenly and looked at Octavia. "We must hurry then. They do not come to be out and about. They come to find something. From the west you came you said. "You have one don't you?"

Octavia listened to the girl and smiled. She wasn't sure what to say. When the girl said something about magic. Lothran jumped in and spoke to the girl. The wizard finally lead them to the stables. She fixed her horses saddle and pads.Octavia fixed her cloak and watched Lothran talked to the girl.

Octavia shook her head and went back to fixing her horses gear. She whispered to him in Elvish and clamed him. She looked up as Lothran told the wizard of the 5 sent to kill them.'Hurry is my middle name and trust me I don't want to hang about waiting for them" she said. Shouldering her bag." Have one not sure what you mean."She lied the less who knew she had it the better m she got on her horse and kicked it out of the stables. "We have to move she said. Her eye's scanned the horizon.

Death to all betrayers

Timberline looked at her, not believing a word she said she didn't know what he was talking about. "Those coming could only be the Five Wraiths of Darcon, one of the Evil Ones minions and wizard of the dark arts. If he has sent them to find you, then you have something he wants. One of the four keys. They will not stop until they get it, or are destroyed." Timberline mounted up on a grey horse and started moving down the street. Lotharn looked over at Octavia.

"He will know soon enough what you carry. Did you see his face when I told him of the five creatures comming. Fear, anticipation, and a glimmer of hope it seemed." He figured they would find out more when they reached their destination. He followed Timberline and wondered what lay ahead of them. Timberline rode all night and did not stop until it was the light of day. By then they were in a beautiful valley with a road running through it. Scattered about were hills and mounds. Well manacured lawns and painted fences with flowers growing along them. Round doors could be seen in the mounds and hills and here and there, waking and moving about were Hobbits. At the sight of them Lotharn smiled and chuckled.

"You find something ammusing about these timid people." Timberline asked.

"Indeed Wizard, Indeed. We have much to tell you about Hobbits." he told the Wizard. Timid indeed, until something rouses them, then nothing on Middle Earth will stop them. He wondered if there was a Bilbo, or Frodo or even a Samwise, Merry or Pippen somewhere about. A small heror waiting to come out.

Octavia rolled her eye's. She mounted her black horse and rode along. Lothran had talked to her. She shook her head in annoyance. " not unless you or I tell him." She said." Yeah I saw his face, but the less who know the better. "She said. "I am already putting you in danger." She said. Octavia was behind both of them. They rode till morning. When the finally stopped she looked around and smiled. They were amoungst hobbits again. She nods to the Hobbits. Oh how she missed them. They were so unquie and even sime had amazing amounts of courage.

When the wizard spoke if them she sighed. " had he not heard of the Tale at all. She shrugged and watched as the Hobbits looked up from there work as the Elves passed. She missed the shire and all who had been in the journey of the ring or even Bilbo.

Death to all betrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
Many were the looks they got. Not only because Timberline was riding through, but he had brought two elves along. They had not seen elves in their valley for a very long time. They stopped what they were doing and looked. But they did not follow, though some of the younger ones wanted to, but the older Hobbits stopped them. Timberline took them to a large mound that had windows about it and a large round wooden door. Everything was beautifully kept up and flowers in boxes hung on windows and lined the picket fence that surrounded the mound. Dismounting and tieing the reigns to the fence, Timberline opened the gate in the fence and walked up to the door and knocked.

A youngesh looking Hobbit opened the door. Young, but not really. He may have been in his early twenties. "Timberline!" the hobbit exclaimed. "Oh it is so good to see you again my friend. Come in, come in and have some tea. I'll fix some breakfeast, "

Timberline chuckled, "Well you have best make that for four. I have brought some friends." he stepped to the side to let him see.

The hobbits eyes went wide, "Elves. Elves, oh my. Timberline, they are elves." he was excited, and was hopping on one foot. "Oh yes, yes, do come in." he waved for the Lotharn and Octavia to come in. "Oh this is such a wonderful day. Elves! Oh my."

Lotharn smiled and chuckled. The Hobbit acted much like Frodo and the other Hobbits when they met the Elves in Rivendale. The One Ring would have made any human or elf or dwarf turn to evil once they held the ring. Bilbo and Frodo had held on to it for a very long time and it did nothing to them. The Hobbits were to senseable, to pure of heart, for such evil. Only at the end did it succeed in making Frodo want to keep it, and then he was weak with thirst, hunger, and the lack of sleep and from fighting the desire of the ring. Oh Timberline had alot to learn about the Hobbits. He dismounted and helped Octivia down and entered the Hobbit's home.

"This is Murry Eggans. " Timberline began the introductions. "And these two are........." he never got their names.

"I am Loteran and this is Octivaia." Lotharn finished the introductions.

Octavia watched as Timberline rode to a hobbits house. She sighed and watched the Hobbits with excitement. She missed Frodo and Sam. Even Pippin they were all very well hearted creatures. She smiled and shook her head as the hobbit got excited over seeing Elves. She watched and sighed., Lothran helped her down and introduced her. She rolled her eye's as if she couldn't speak for herself. She wondered how this wizard knew this hobbit, but she had secrets so she didn't expect Timberline to divulge his to them. She pulled her hood back with a small smile."Hello. "She said softly. " how you remind me of another Young Hobbit I knew."She said. She smiled and walked into his home as he invited her. She had to bend down and looked around. It was small and cozy. She set her bag at her feet and looked at it. She felt an odd pull to take out the necklace and wear it. She shook it off and sighed. "This quite generous. "She said to the small creature.

Death to all betrayers

The home was spacious though not to much in height. Timberline like Octavia and Lotharn had to bend over to walk through the place. there were many rooms but the Hobbit lead them to a dinning room and had them sit. He then went about different places around the kitchen, and a couple other rooms and brought in fruits, cheeses, meats and a ham and bread and some pastries. "Oh no my lady, it is an honor and a privilage to have such fine and elegant guests such as you and Lotharn." he replied to Octavia. "No one ever thought that they would live to see elves back in Hobbit Valley. Oh yes, this is a fine occassion. Please help yourselves." He brought in plates and silverware and then began dishing up himself some food. Lotharn knew how Hobbits loved to eat. Two breakfests, a lunch and then a mid after noon lunch and then dinner. He was surprised that they were not all fat and unable to walk. But it seemed their matabolisms were made to burn the food and give them the energy.

"We will require a place to stay tonight my friend." Timberline said.

"Oh my, oh my yes, I have spare rooms. Though the beds I am afraid are a bit short, but the mattreses can be put on the floor and you can still be comfortable." Murry was so happy and excited. It seemed they were a dream come true."

Lotharn could not help but smile as he saw the Hobbits joy. He reminded him so much of Bilbo and Frodo. He wondered if this was what it was like when Gandalf first enlisted Bilbo's help with the Dwarves. No one knew then, not even Bilbo himself, what kind of person he was till that adventure he called There and Back Again. He proved how courages and inteligent he was to them. They never expected such from a Hobbit.

"It is just for the day. We must leave at nightfall. I take them to Greendale, one of the cities of the Elves to the north."

At the mention of this Murry's eyes went wide again and his jaw dropped. "Greendale? City of Elves." Oh how Lotharn could see how much he wanted to go.

"Would it be alright if Murrry here came along with us?" Lotharn asked Timberline.

Timberline looked over at him and raised a brow. He rubbed his jaw and looked at Murry. "I see no harm in it." Oh now Murry was fit to be tied with excitement. It took him a bit to calm himself and then when they had finished eating, he lead them back to their rooms. He then went about packing things for the trip.

"Time to get some sleep." Lotharn said to Octavia.

Octavia smiles and watched the small creature. She was always so suprised at these little folk. They ate so much and were so humble yet so brave. She sighed and spoke in Elvish. She breathed a sigh of relief as she sat down. She nods to the hobbit." Well it is a pleasure to meet such a young hobbit such as your self." She said gently. She ate with them very small amount she was just tired and ready to sleep.

She listened to timberline and leaned back. She watched them talk. Spare rooms peaked her interest.She knew the beds be small, but small bed and some sleep be better then none.

She sighed as they finished and listened as the hobbit peaked interest in Greendale. She smiled as his want to go and interest. Of course Lothran offered for him to go with. Timberline said yes. She nods in agreement. She wouldn't mind a small creature with her in this adventure.

When they were in a room Octavia layed out on the floor her bag under her head. Her cloak on her. She sighed. "Sleep yes"she said tiredly.

Death to all betrayers

Lotharn prepared to sleep as well. He was not worried about the five creatures coming for them. They would find nothing at the Tavern if they got that far and even if they learned that Timberline had taken the two of them from there, the humans had no idea of where he had taken them. They would search for them but they would not know where to directly look. So they were safe for now and of course they would not travel by day. The light of the sun could harm them if he understood the undead some. There were those that could move about in sunlight but if what Timberline called them was true they would surely have a hard time in the sun. So he laid down and was soon asleep.

He awoke to the smell of fresh bread, cooked meat, eggs, and other wonderful smells. It seemed Murry was up still and preparing the evening meal. He got up and met Timberline in the dinning room. "You are going to be very tired on the trip. You should have gotten a bit of sleep." Lotharn told Murry.

"I am to excited to sleeep." he grinned. "Besides I will sleep in the Cart. Just tie the reigns of old Surry to one of your saddles and she will keep going as long as you do." He began placing the food on the table and sat down to eat. Timberline chuckled and shook his head.

"You still think the Hobbits are a very quiet and unassuming people, don't you?" Lotharn asked Timberline.

"Yes, they are a loveable and peaceful people that make them very vunerable to those that want to take from them. That is why I make sure no one bothers them." he said.

Lotharn shook his head. "You may be surprised by them, and have alot to learn about them still I think." he began. "Let me tell you of what has happened in the west and how four Hobbits saved mankind from a great evil." He began the tale of the Ring and how the Fellowship of the Ring had come to be. How Frodo volunteered to take the ring to Mount Doom as the dwarves and elves argued about what to do with the ring. How he and Samewise risked their lives again and again to take the ring to Mount Doom, in the middle of the Enemy Lands. Against Orcs, thirst, starvation and the drain on Frodo's soul and body the two percervered and destroyed the ring. How Merry and Pippen had each taken up with the Kings of Gondor and Rohan and how they were one of the first to charge the legions of orcs and mercenaries of Sauron at the Gates of Mordor. By the end of the tale, Timberline sat there mesmerised and dumbfounded. He looked at Murry who also had listened to the story with wide eyes and an open mouth. "Do not judge them for what they look or act like now."

Octavia sighed and looked at him. She fell fast asleep, the bag under her head her dreams were off and not usual. She had woken and sighed. She looked around the dark room. Octavia made her way out of the house and to the horses. She fed them food and whispered to them. Octavia frowned as she held the necklace in her hand she wanted to drop it and run. She however knew like Frodo she was it's carrier.

She listened to the men in the house and there conversation. She smirked and shook her head. She listened to the tale of Frodo and her eye's started to tear up.She missed the young hobbits. She wiped her eye's and went to busy herself with the horses.She knew to never judge the small creatures.

Death to all betrayers

There was a small horse, half the size of the elves, attached to a two wheeled cart that was full of supplies. Murry was one that liked his food and comfort. Both Timberline and Murry were still stunned when Lotharn stood up from the table. The two had heard something that shook them to their roots. "As the King of Gondor said on the day before they left for home, 'You do not bow before any man, it is man that bows before you.' Every one that day knelt before them. Man, elves, and dwarf." Lotharn noted that Octavia had not joined them and checked the room. Her things were gone and she was not there. So he looked outside and found her. He saw her wipe her eyes and shook his head. "I know I miss them as well. Frodo, Bilbo, and Sam are still back on the Misty Isles. Hopefully they all will find the peace that they deserve."

He patted the neck of his horse and smiled. "I wondered if Murry is like Bilbo and Frodo? He wants to see the elves much like Sam and Frodo did. Maybe he is up for a small adventure. I think Timberline will think differently about Hobbits now." He took her by the arm and took her back inside so she could eat something. It might be a long ride to Greendale and they needed to eat something before they left.

Octavia looked uo as he walked out."I do not just miss them. They are always here with us. I just miss them and the other's. "She said. She sighed and tied her hair up. She patted her horse and leaned whispering in to the horse.

When Lothran said he wondered if Maury was like them."no, no one could be like them. Do not try to replace them."She said. " He can think how he wants." Octavia said. She sighed as he walked her back in the house. She ate and stared at the fire. Her fork dropped, she stopped and watched the flame. She spoke in Elvish. "The darkness is coming."She snapped out of it and looked back at her food. She fell silent and looked about at the 3." Oh um excuse me I forgot something in the room. She said and watched them. Octavia got up and went to the room she sat down and huffed. She didn't know what it meant and wasn't about to ask.

Death to all betrayers

Replace them? No no one could replace them in their hearts, but there might be those that could teach the east what they were made of. When she suddenly spoke in Elvish that the Darkness was comming, Timberline looked at her. He had seen that gaze many times with Gandalf when he knew something but would not say it outright. He knew that Timberline knew she had one of the so called keys. One that was thought to be safe somewhere in the west or at least with the bones of the elf that had taken it there. But it seemed Timberline would not say anything directly about it to her or demand to see it, unless it was for a good reason. He followed Octavia back to the room in Murry's house. "The gem, like the ring, can sense the presence of the others and therefore the evil that must be with the one that the master of the five coming after us has. It is the only logical explanation. Perhaps those at Greendale will be able to help and decide what to do with the gem."

He helped her up to her feet, "Come. We must get going and put more distance between us and those that seek us." Murry and Timberline were waiting for them outside. Lotharn felt that their journey had just begun, and like the Fellowship of the Ring it was going to be a hard time for all.

Octavia waved off Lothran she didn't want to talk about it. Not with him at least. She didn't want to talk about it. She started talking in Elvish she knew the hobbits and Timberline couldn't understand you."This is crazy, I have a damn Crystal and now I have some things coming after me, because elves have to keep some damn secret from there own people and now your acting all calm. And those at Greendale might turn us around if we come with something like that."She said. She had spoken quickly in Elvish.

She sighed and went out to the horse's with them. She pulled herself up on to her horse with a sigh. She put her bag in and looked around. She sighed she some what did ask for this.

Death to all betrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no reason to get over excited about something, especially when there was no immediate danger. They would face what ever came, when it did and hopefully by then would have friends that would be able to help them. He gave her a smile, "One must be calm at a time like this. If not we will make mistakes and that could be costly. Do not get me wrong, I am worried as much as you are, but we must rely on our training and be able to think clearly." He mounted up and their journey began There were not many lights on in the Hobbit's town. All were either asleep or getting ready for bed. How peaceful it was, so much like the Shire. Though he had not visited it much he had and mostly in secrete so as not to alarm the Hobbits. But that had been long ago, before the War of the Ring which took him into other places and war.

They soon left the Hobbit Town and were on a well traveled road of dirt, and rock that lead to the north. As Murry had said early, if he was tired he would sleep in the cart. He gave the reigns to timberline and moved back into the Cart and made himself comfortable and was soon asleep. "We will be stopping next at the walled town of Midford. It is a human town, so I guess you two will cause a stir there. Hobbits have visited it from time to time to buy things that they don't have, so they are use to them. But you two, well you seen how they reacted in Riverport." he chuckled.

Octavia sighed and rolled her eye's at Lothran. "Yeah your not the one who has to carry it. "She said."worried really you don't show it."She said in Elvish. Octavia sighed and mounted her horse. She was not happy he was taking it to lightly. She looked around as she watched the quite town. She put her hood up.

Octavia listened to Timberline and sighed. She pursed her lips.great more attention she thought to herself.She sighed and stayed silent. She normally was silent, but this was a different kind of silence.

Death to all betrayers

Yes he was calm about it all. He had seen much and had done many things in the past that had shown him that it was always best to remain as calm as possible. There would be time for Panic if there was such a time, and for fear. But one had to control their fear or it would control them. He smiled at her and said "Would you rather I ran around biting my nails or waving my arms about, constantly looking over my shoulder?" He shook his head. "Yes you carry what someone whats. Frodo carried the ring and yes he was frightened but he kept his calm for the most part as it seems all Hobbits do. When he did given in to his fear remember what happened to him. It made him make a mistake that nearly cost him his life and his soul." he reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Besides, what is an adventure with out the suspence and not knowing what will happen. That is why I came here and as you did. To find adventure and the unknown. Well we have certainly found it." Timberline looked back at the two and seemed he was going to say something but didn't. He just had a grin on his face as if he knew something. The next morning they arrived at Midford. It was much larger then Riverport. It sat between two rivers that converged into the one river. One had to use a stone bridge to cross over to it. At the gate they were stopped and again the guards mouths dropped at seeing the two elves, along with Timberline who rarely visited Midford.

Octavia sighed and shook her head."No I rather you not but your not helping, I dont want the responsibility I am not Frodo."She said.Octavia shook her head. She remembered Frodo did he have to keep reminding her of the young hobbit.She looked at him with an almost sharp look. She sighed. "I know I am trying. "She said.

"Yes adventure so much for a quite quest."She smiled gently."Aye that I did."She said and smirked. They only spoke in Elvish or well she did. She could not speak in mans tongue for long she liked her native tongue any way.She watched Timberline and gave a small look of skepticism. When the arrived in Muddied she pursed her lips of course they got looks.She sighed and put her hair behind her ear.

Death to all betrayers

Into the large town they rode and as they did they got more looks. Why had the elves retreated to their forests. What could have happened that made them to have no interaction with humans. This was indeed a strange thing. Even when there had been a great war, the elves still stayed in contact with humans back in the west. Another mystery he hoped to solve. But now they were there and they were following Timberline. The wizard was taking him to see them but had said nothing of why they had went into seclusion. If Timberline knew the elves there, he would also know the reason why and why they had not returned to the Gray Haven and the Misty Isles.

"You were trained by the Elves here to be a Wizard, so you know them well. Why have they gone into seclusion and why have did they ignore the call to return to the Misty Isles?" he asked him as they rode through the town.

Timberline sighed. "The last battle with the evil one was a victorious day and yet a dark day. The best of the humans, elves and the dwarves had penetrated the Citadel of Evil. Leading them was was the most powerful wizard that had ever been trained by the elves, Arthur the White. He was human like me, but had more then any other wizard. He had a way with magic that I have never seen. The battle raged for hours through the corridors and rooms beneath the Citadel itself, to the cavern below where the Evil One created his undead. As the humans, elves and dwarves fought the countless undead, Arthur and the Evil One fought. Powerful magic was unleashed and in the end Arthur prevailed and created a prison to hold the Evil One. But the Evil One ensnared him and together they were imprisoned in two magical towers. The humans wanted use the key that was formed to free Arthur, but in doing would also free the Evil One. The Elves and Dwarves did not agree. This angered some of us humans but it was finally decided to seal the citidal in an impregnable shield and wait for the day when a way could be found to free Arthur and keep the Evil One imprisoned. The Key was broken into four parts, One given to the Dwarves to hide, one to the elves, and two to the humans. One of the parts that was given to the humans was stolen by followers of the Evil One that was not trapped inside the Citadel and its cavern below. The elves felt it better to withdraw from human affairs after that and have kept to their cities in the forests. They work even now to create something that will free Arthur along with the dwarves."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back