• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Return to Middle Earth

Questor

It was never told who Sauron was or where he had come from. All that was known was he appeared in Mordor and forged the one ring that bound the other rings of power to it. With the one ring he began to conquer the lands about his desolate domain. The elves were always good at keeping secrets and Sauron was one of them. He had been an elf at one time.and Elron knew him well and had come to Middle Earth with the other Elves. Somewhere in the bowls of Mount Doom as he explored it, an ancient evil took control of him and when the rings of power were created, he created the one ring and through horrible torture and magic he turned his fellow elves into the orcs and waged war. The humans and dwarves never knew this and even after his defeat that knowledge was not told to any one. But the elves were ones for keeping records on everything and in them was the history of Sauron. In those records it also told that Sauron had a brother that had traveled far to the east after he had explored the bowls of Mt Doom with Sauron. What became of the brother. The records never showed. For he seemed to have just disapeared, or so it seemed. But they did fabricate a story about how Sauron came to be. Some powerful entity in the begining that turned evil as he joined another of his kind in trying to rule the other powerful entities or gods as many might take them to be. That was but to cover up the true identity of Sauron, for the elves feared that mankind and the dwarves would turn against them if they knew the truth.

Now many years had past since those troubled times when a few Hobbits showed the world what they were made of. Mordor was destroyed and remained a wasteland. Gondor flurished under Arragon. Rohan grew strong again and was a strong ally to Gondor. Samwise raised his family and then one day a grey ship arrived and took him to the Misty Isles, the last ring bearer, even if it was but for a short time. Merry and Pippen also married and raised families. Many a times they visited Gondor and Rohan, but eventually died and were buried beside their kings.

The orcs had scattered through out the lands as did the mercenaries that had flocked to Sauron. There were still many battles and troubles through the years following Sauron's second defeat. The elves were gone, the dwarves retreated to their mountains. It was the time of man now. But a new trouble was brewing further east, past Murkwood and the Lonely Mountain.

But from the west, across the ocean came a few Gray Ships. They were not there to pick anyone up but to let some off. A number of Elves had returned. They had been born in Middle Earth, and not on the Misty Isles. This was their home and where their hearts lay. Some were returning to Rivendale. Here they would raise their families and hopefully over the years would begin to repopulate the elven city. It was the time of man now, so they kept to themselves mostly. They did not let humans know they had returned and with their magic, kept them from finding Rivendale again. But a few set out to find adventure and their own ways. Lothran was one of those. He had been at Helms Deep and at the battle before the Gates of Mordor when Frodo and Gullom had fought within Mount Doom for the One Ring and it was finally destroyed. He had seen the lands of Rohan, Gondor and the like. He wanted to see what lay beyond the Lonely Mountain to the East.

He journeyed with his elven friends till they reached Rivendale and then he continued on east through Murkwood and on to the Lonely Mountain. Here he paid his respects to the New King Under the Mountain before traveling on. He died his hair black and kept it long to cover his ears, and he wore his hood up over his head most of the time as well. He had heard other elves long ago had traveled east but no one had heard from them or seen them. They did not return to the Gray Haven and take ship back to the Misty Isles. Another task he had set for himself. Find them and see why they had not heeded the call, and if it was because they wished to stay, perhaps join them.'

Lothran rode eastward, beyond where anyone knew what lay ahead. Over grassy plains and through forests but finally by a great river that ran from the north tot he south he came to walled town populated by humans. He was briefly stopped at the gate but then allowed to enter. For a human town it was remarkably clean. The streets were paved by flagstones and the buildings were built of wood and stone and looked as if they were kept in good repair. At an Inn, the Eagles Rest, he found out the name of the town, Sacoran. It was a river port, one of many along the great river.

He took a room and placed his personal gear in his room before sitting in the Inn's tavern to get a decent meal and some drink. He had been traveling for a very long time and camping out in the open. He hoped for a good meal. He leaned his bow and quiver of arrows against the wall behind him. His two twin swords he carried on his back under his cloak. He surveyed the room as he awaited his food and drank sparingly of the mug of wine he drank from.

Octavia had set out to come back to Rivendale. She followed her father Lord Eldron he had let her come back. She had begged him for adventure and he obliged he saw it was killing her staying. She didn't get the adventure her sister did. He decided to let her venture. When they met up with Lothran, she had spoken with her father on the ride and he would let her go. He gave his blessing and a note. Once they got there she took her cloak, bag, and a her bow and arrows.

She rode east following behind him. She stayed a distance and watched him as he rode. She finally caught up watching him ride into to a town. She was stopped at the gate and she frowned, when she finally got through the gate. She looked around for his horse and spotted it. Octavia tied her horse up and slipped in. She spotted him and went to sit in the back. She place her bow on the table and kept her hood up. Men talked to her. She sent them away with a flick of her hand. The bartender came over and she ordered an ale. The men kept staring her direction she just brushed it of and sat silently.

Death to all Betrayers

Lothran settled into his seat and drank some wine. He was mindful of all of those about the room. They were all humans. No dwarves, no elves, and no hobbits. Where were the elves that had journeyed to the east. Surely they were about somewhere. But perhaps like those of Rivendale and the Green Woods they preferred their seclusion. He saw the figure enter the room with a hood up to cover their face. She had not fooled him, for he had known she had been following him all the way from Rivendale. He was surprised her father had let her go. He had come with those wanting to return to Middle Earth, hoping to talk them into returning to the Misty Isles. He had planned to leave several days after they had returned. If they were determined to stay, he would make sure that all was as it had been when he had ruled there. Magic would protect Rivendale and the surrounding forest. None that did not have the trust of the elves would ever find the place. They would be mislead by powerful spells that influnced the mind.

He rose from his table, took his food and drink and bow, then sat down at her table across from her. "I am surprised that your father let you come. Has he softened these days?" he spoke to Octavia in elvish. He would have to ensure she dyed her hair an

Octavia looked at him from under hood."so bold to approach me so quickly."She said in Elvish. She moved her bow from the table. Octavia pulled out a note."Here read.My father Explained he rather have me with you then running about on my own."She said again. She knew the language of men. She just preferred Elvish.

She watched him and nids her Head."Octavia daughter of Eldron future ruler of Rivendale.But you knew that didn't you, question is how you knew who I was so quickly. "She said in Elvish.She was not one to reveal herself easily and would not do so to humans."interesting choice of a place to stay."She said she watched him and drank slowly. Her cloak may be black, but was finer then most. She heard the whispers about them."They must be elves, look at the cloaks and how they sit."the whispers started around the tavern. Octavia rolled her eye's. "See we warrant attention even when not asking for it."She says in Elvish.

Death to all betrayers

He took the note from her and read it. "I seen you on the ship coming back to Middle Earth. When we disembarked the ships I noticed the horse your rode and how close you kept to your father. On the journey her I seen you a number of times and recgonized the horse you rode." he to noticed the talk of the humans and smiled under his hood. Elves did have a way of sitting differnt then the humans. They were taught to sit up straight and not slouch. Proper sitting made for a healthier body. But it did not matter if they knew they were elves, but whether they hated them or were friendly with elves.

The owner of the establishment came over to the table and looked at the two of them. "Begging your pardon. I don't mean to be nosy or anything, but if you be elves, where have you been the past few hundred of years. None have seen your like since the Great Undead War."

The mention of a war, and undead peaked Lotharn's couiosity. Another great war and the elves disapeared after the end of it? Now that was something that he had to know more about. He switched to the common human toung. "We are strangers here from the far west. We have journeyed many days to get here."

"The west? From beyond the great Plain? None that have gone that way has ever returned. What lies beyond the Great Plain?" the owner asked with wide eyes.

Lotharn chuckled. "Lands much like this, other Kingdoms of Men and Dwarves. The elves there left on their grey ships to return to their islands in the great sea to the west.

Octavia rolled her eye's at his deductive skills. "Great so you been watching me. That's odd."She said."I convinced my father to let me follow you.I knew I catch up to you. Plus he trusts and elf over human."She said.

She looked over as owner walks over. He asked where they had been. She sighed and looked at him."we been gone since the end of the Ring war."She said in the language of man"Is he serious? "She asked Lothran in Elvish. She pulled her hood down they had been made any way. Her pointed ears showed her long white blonde hair. Her skin flawless she looked a lot like her sister except for her hair and eye's. Her eye's were bright green. She changed back to English. "Were from Rivendale."She said

"It is definitely like many other kingdom's but more elaborate."She said. She sighed and looked around. The men were staring at her in awe. Her eye's stopped on two leaving with disgust.She smirked. "Now I know who to look out for"she said to him in Elvish.

Death to all betrayers

Indeed it had been some time it seemed since men had seen elves in this part of the world. "War of the Rings? the owner asked. "Never heard of it. The only one we know of here is the War of the Undead. A very bad time for us here in the eight Kingdoms. Many were transformed into nightmarish creatures of the undead. Many died fighting them and the Evil One. But I see you know nothing of this. Indeed you are from a land far from here then. And if I heard you right you had your own war. "

"Aye we had our own. Like here many fell, brave men, elves and Dwarves alike. Heroes arose from the must unlikely of people and saved all." He thought of the four Hobbits, Frodo, Same Wise, Merry and Pipin. Gentle hearted hobbits, that never looked for adventure, but was drawn into the War of the Ring. They showed more courage then any man, elf or dwarf had ever shown. They were not warriors but they fought like one, they were a timid people but all learned not to take them at face value. He had fought along with them at the gates of Mordor. They did not run away, but were one of the first to charge into battle with Aragon and Gandof. In Gondor and Rohan they are honored and beloved.

"Yes war is a terrible thing, but necessary when evil arises to try and sweep over the land." Lothran said. You must tell me of this war of the undead." he motioned for the owner to have a seat at their table. "It sounds as if it started about the time the first War we had with Sauron."

Octavia sighed and listened. She drank her ale slowly and thought back in the Hobbits. Frodo was a brave soul he had gone qith the elves and his uncle Bilbo. She smiled and shook her head. She missed Frodo and the little hobbits. They had heart for being so small. She wondered how the shire was and Sam's children. She hoped they were as adventurous as there father.

Octavia also wished to see her sister. She hadn't seen her since yhe boats left. She Had met Bormir he was head strong but only wanted the beat for his people. She sighed and tuned back into this man talking. She watched as he let the man sit with them. She had just learned to watch and take everything in rather then talk. Men talked on and on she would stare into her cup and think about the ring war. So many she missed and wished she could see again.

Death to all betrayers

The owner introduced himself, "My name is Greek and I am the owner of this establishment." he smiled. "No one alive today, well man anyways was there during the War of the Undead. But it has been recorded in books and the stories handed down through the centruies. Many centuries ago there arose in the mountains south of here a powerful wizard. He seduced many a man and elf to his side and then turned them into horrible undead creatures and sent them out to gather more to build an army. No one knew his name but he became known as the Evil One. For years the eight kingdoms were bled of their people as the creatures came in the night to steal them away." he motioned for the bartender to bring him a drink. "Alliances were made and many battles were fought, and many died only to be brought back as undead. Finally the Elves and the Dwarves joined the war and swore to help end the Evil One's power. They taught us magic and how to forge weapons that would destroy the undead so they could not be brought back. But only a few humans could manage the power of magic and they became the edge that helped break the Evil One's power and force him and his minions back to his citadel in the mountains. Here after a great battle the wizards with the help one of their finest, imprisoned the Evil One beneath his citadel, but the wizard Olof was also imprisoned. The citadel was sealed, encased in some magic that prevented any therein to escape. Three keys were formed upon completion of this seal. More gems then actual keys. All three are needed to unlock the spell and it is said only when the three are once again brought together would the means of freeing Olof and destroying the Evil One be found. The three gems were given to three individuals for safe keeping. One to the elves who it is said went far to the west with it. The second to the Dwarves who have it hidden somewhere in their undergground city, and one to mankind, a wizard that no one knew."

Octavia listened and fell silent. She stared into her ale. It flickered with pictures of the war and prophecy as Greek told his tale. She watched with interest and saw the gems. Octavia finally covered her Han over the cup. Her eye's shone,"I am sorry my travelling companion will fill me in it was a long journey. I will take the room key dear." She said gently to Lothran.

When he gave it to her. She grabbed her bow and cup and went up to the room. She closed the door and pulled her cloak off. She looked into the cup and watched the images flash by. She was looking for something and would find it. When Octavia found it. She poured the wine out the window and went to sit in the chair by the fire. She hadn't realized it had gotten later. She had been sitting by the fire for a while just staring into it.She jumped at the knock and wwnt to open the door. Seeing Lothran, she let him in and nods.

Death to all betrayers

Lothran stayed for awhile. He learned more about the Evil One and those he had created. He learned also that after the defeat of the Evil One, mankind had used the magic and the weapons against each other in petty little wars that made no sense. The wizards that were left after the fall of the Evil One became fewer in number as many fell in battle against each other. Soon only a handful remained and they tended to keep to their towers and only were seen now and then. The magical weapons created to defeat undead were lost or buried in tombs of kings and great warriors. Few of them remained and were in the possession of the rulers of the eight kingdoms. That is when the elves disappeared. Greek felt that they blamed themselves for giving the humans so much power and weapons, that they decided to withdraw from the reach of man.

When done talking he went upstairs and knocked on the door and entered when Octavia opened the door. "It seems the same story as back in the West. We taught the humans magic and some misused it. We too distanced ourselves form the humans after the first War of Power. It seems our breathern here have done the same. I saw you looking in your cup earlier, what did you see?"

Octavia sighed."I saw the Gems I know where they went. She said well atleast where they were put."Octavia said in Elvish. She watched him and sat by the fire.

"Something is stirring I feel it like I felt it with Sauron. Though I feel the gems there is something wrong there are not 3 there are 4 He lied to you. There is one for the elves, humans, dwarves, and higher being. Image was to dark to see who or what it was. I searched it for hours." She said. She sighed and looked at him."thats all I know, but humans tend to lie even when being helpful."She said. "I remember Bormir do not tell me I am wrong."She said

Death to all betrayers

"Yes humans lie, as do we when it is necessary. Remember who Sauron was once. The elders made up a story to cover the fact he was once one of our kind. But I don't think he was ling to us. Remember this happened long ago and has been told from father to son and the like. To him there was only three. You say there is a fourth and some dark thing may have it. Perhaps it had been stolen on the day of their creation. But who ever has them now may not even know what they are." Greek said that one had been taken by an elf to the west. If so then either the elves of Mirkwood had gotten a hold of it, or it had made its way to Rivendale. Back then Mirkwood had been a beautiful forest and the elves there had like those of the Green Wood and Rivendale been good and helpful to man. But evil finally came there and had taken hold. But if the elves of the east sent it west, then more then likely it wound up in Rivendale and Elronds hands.

"Right now though it it time to rest and sleep. We must find our breathern and talk to them. Though he did not use magic the way some elves did he still had a foreboding about these gems. He wanted to learn more about them and the power that could keep the undead from leaving the citadel. Then to he wanted to know what power could be brought to bear to destroy the Evil One as it was told in the stories.

(Limited to almost no replys tomorrow going in to work. Well I get off around 4:30 central time )

Death to all betrayers

Octavia sighed and nods to him."great and we were protecting the name of our Race. From that disgrace who called him self an elf.' Octavia said." Perhaps it was stolen, but ai felt something stirring looking at the figure. "She said. "I dumped the wine outside the window."She said." Will figure it out tomorrow though." She said and sighed. She got up and took her hair down.

Octavia undid her necklace and put it on the mantle. She looked at the ring on her finger and sighed leaving it on. She walked over to him and turned her back."Not afraid to help me out of my dress are you."She asked. She sighed and rolled her eye's. She didn't care if he saw her undress, she be sleeping in the bed next to him any way. Octavia looked out the window with a small frown. She pulled her hair to the side and made it easier for him. He was another Elf it shouldn't matter to him and didn't matter much to her.

Death to all betrayers

Lotharn shook his head. "Better then having the humans turn against us. We helped them defeat him and we paid the price for him being one of us. I have a feeling though that his blood line lives on. As recorded in our history, he had a brother that explored Mt Doom with him. From that time Sauron changed. His brother vanished and I fear he came here." He undid her corset and helped her out of it. he then watched her undress. He liked what he saw. Yes he was an elf but he did have desires as any male would. Elves seldom if any had any problem of seeing each other naked. But there were times......

Once she had removed her clothing, he removed his twin swords and sat them with his bow and then sat and removed his bow. He sat down and removed his boots and then watched to see what Octavia was going to do. It was a large bed enougth for two people. He then noticed the necklace she had taken off. The red ruby in it seemed to glow and pulse.

"Well if his blood line lives on then, we have a problem."She said. She let him un do her dress and she stepped out. She placed her dress on the chair and her hair fell back along her back. She grabbed her necklace from the mantel and went to put it at the bed side table, she hated it being away from her. She saw him eyeing it, she sighed and picked it up."My father gave this to me. Had it for a while now. A little piece if Rivendale. "She said and put it back on her neck and layed on the bed gently. She put the sheet over her naked skin. The sheet was different then back home.

Octavia sighed and looked over at him."Like what you see."She said and smiled. She knew he had been checking her out. Even male elves were like men. They had needs and wants. Even desires. Octavia smirked, the looks random her family. Her sister was gorgeous and married to an amazing king. She was the only un married daughter and was also gorgeous not that she was vain or thought she was any where near her sister. She just was better when it came to shooting an arrow and fighting.

Octavia sighed and held her necklace gently. Her lips moved as she sung the element to Gandalf in Elvish. She had always loved his Lement it was beautiful and very heart warming. He was a man of great power and very wise. It was a sad day to see him join the elves in there journey away from Middle Earth

Death to all betrayers

Lotharn raised a brow at her comment. He said nothing but watched her pullthe sheet over her naked body. Elves were not emotionless. They had their share of emotions but kept it under control, most of the time. A gift from her father. He smiled and wondered. He also wondered if the Elf that had brought the elvish piece west had told what it was. Probably not. What better way to hide something by not revealing what it was. Once that Elf had left the secret would be safe.

In a dark castle high in the mountains to the south a figure dressed in dark clothing and a black hooded cloak noticed his gem glowing. "One has returned. Good. " He arose from a throne like seat his black staff with a black crystal shard mounted on its top end. Below him were five dark cloaked figures. "Ride out and find it. It is close. Kill those that have it and bring their bodies back to be stored for the future." The five screeched something and turned and left the room.

Octavia layed on her side and watched him. She moved next to him and sighed. She didn't care if she wasn't fully clothed having a warm body in bed was nice and comforting. She had a bad feeling something was about to happen.She sighed and closed her eye's, she held her hand on her necklace. Her eye's flew open. They were glazed over and her hand clung to Lotharn. She had stopped breathing, she finally started to breathe again. She looked around and sat up.

"Something is coming for us, but why I have no clue."She said . She sighed, she was tired and wasn't sure what was coming.Octavia sighed"we have to leave this room and quickly. May need you to help me dress as well."She says

Death to all betrayers

"There is no need to be alarmed. If something is coming we will be warned before they can get here." He put a hand on one of hers and said, "What did you see or feel?" He knew that the humans would be wary of them and those that had left the tavern looking discusted, would not dare start trouble in the city. Thought there might be trouble from what Greek told him were servants of the Evil One that even to this day caused problems now and then. They were not powerful enough to create undead or attack any village and such, but they did tend to try and entice those out for adventure into places that might contain treasure or things worth obtaining and killing them. But he had not known if there were any more powerful supporters of the Evil One about, for none had shown themselves for hundreds of years.

The five dark figures rode Nightmares. Horses with red eyes, firery hooves and breathed fire. These horses were swift and tireless. The Mountain Castle was far to the south and even with these horses would take a few days to get to the Town. The rode day and night, the light of the sun had no effect on them as it did other undead creatures.

Octavia nods.She held his hand and looked at him." Felt darkness, saw a man send 5 things after us I don't know what they are." Octavia said. She sighed and got uo. She put on her dress and had him help her. She sighed, she was tired, but would not get caught or killed.

She looked over at him."what we do and how will we be warned if something comes for us?"She asked. She was not scared, she just wanted to keep her head. Octavia sighed and looked out the window. Her sharp eye's were looking for something. She frowned and went to the Mantle she put her hand on the necklace and stopped. "You know something about this." She said pointing to her necklace what?"She asks

Death to all betrayers

"These people here are wary of the undead. Even if it has been a long time since their war there are those that still serve this Evil One. Any thing remotely out of the ordinary will raise an alarm I am sure and we will know something is coming our way. If we are out somewhere away from the town, we will not have such a warning." He helped her get dressed and smiled. "If these things you saw are after us. I am sure there is a way that every town and village about will be warned of their approach."

When she looked at her necklace and saw his look, she knew he had figured something out about it. He smiled at her and took it in his hand. "A while ago I saw it shimmer and glow. Your father gave this to you I bet. If he had known what it was I do not think he would have. The one that gave it to your father was probably the elf that took their key to the west. Giving it to your father and then leaving, would erase any trace of it. He would disappear and your father would have the key and not know it, there fore truthfully not know anything about it. Like the Ring, I think it has a way of finding its way back to where it was created. The five you saw in your dream is probably after this. They know where it is generally but do not know who has it I would say."

Octavia sighed." Yeah well they better make sure to keep an eye out cause these things are not messing about. " she said. " from what I saw I am screwed if I got caught with this thing." She said. She took the necklace off and put it in her bag. Sh fixed her corset and thanks him for helping her. She turned and kissed his cheek."such a gentleman. " she said and winked at him.

" a while ago you saw it shimmer and glow. Should of told me." She said." Bringing this thing is like a death warrant." She said." Glad they don't know who has it. But what the hell do I do with it. I am not sure what to do with myself at times let alone with this. Well I wanted adventure here I have it ." she said and sighed. She sat in a chair and huffed.

Death to all Betrayers

"That it might be. Just hope that like the Ring Wraiths, they can not see it here in this world." he sighed and looked at Octavia. "We must seek out the other Elves and see what they have to say. " He shook his head. "I do not think there was a need to get dressed and be ready to run." Lotharn said. "But to be safe we will sleep in the stable where our horses are. At least the hay there will be soft and better then the ground, but not as good as the bed there.

As he opened the door they could hear a comotion going on downstairs. Gasps and cries of surprise and then silance. Then there was the sound of booted feet on the steps coming up to the hallway that the rooms were on. Lotharan drew his swords and moved slowly forward. A human stepped around the cornner from the stairs and looked directly at Lotharn. He was dressed in leggings and boots, a greyish colored tunic, a sleeveless coat and a grey wide brimmed hat. He was middle aged, with slight graying in his hair and beard. His piercing blue eyes gazed upon Lotharn and Octavia. In his right hand he carried a wooden staff of knarled brown wood.

"So what they say is true. Two elves have come to Port Marco. But you do not look as if you are from the great forest to the north. I am Timberline, the Grew Wizard of the River."

Octavia sighed and grabbed her bag. She bods."Thats fine will talk to our brethren and maybe the dwarves. Oh good hay so excited. "She said

She walked behind Lothran, she watched a man walk up. She frowned at this man. She had a tight grip on her bow. She watched the man as he talked. She glared at him. As he introduced himself."and what brings you here."She asks.

Death to all betrayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back