• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Return of the Scarlet Empress 2.5 - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Let me read over them again and see. I'll have to wait until I'm home; I'm at work right now.
Thought of a solution. Draw Forth Every Shard is essentially a teamwork action with many "you"s, while Invoking the Chimera's Coils is essentially a souped-up Extra Action charm, that lasts for a scene and doesn't limit itself to just combat actions. Furthermore, as a result of:

Every reflection gains the benefits of the Obsidian Shards of Infinity Form. The martial artist may use his other Charms of this style through any of them, but he must pay a one-mote surcharge if he wishes to extend the effects to another duplicate.

the benefits only stack additively, rather than multiplicatively: the Sidereal themselves could run around doing half a dozen things at once thanks to Invoking the Chimera's Coils, just one of which gets copied by all the duplicates.

Workable?

(It became relevant again, since I decided to reduce my starting rating in Borders of Kaleidoscopic Logic, so that I could dramatically master the capstone charm during the game. And also because Obsidian Shards' mote discount for MA charms is really tasty "Identity" and "Reality" go hand-in-hand.

Last edited:
a311243549 a311243549 and keeperofkore keeperofkore Just a quick reminder that when you are done with your characters post them over in the Characters Thread so I can check on things on them easier than having to hunt through the OOC thread.

keeperofkore keeperofkore how are you feeling? Getting any better yet?

Well I have been diagnosed with viral bronchitis and have been bedridden for 5 days. That said I am going to work to finish this tomorrow, just haven't managed to make it from my bed to the computer yet.

Well I have been diagnosed with viral bronchitis and have been bedridden for 5 days. That said I am going to work to finish this tomorrow, just haven't managed to make it from my bed to the computer yet.
Yikes. Like I said, take all the time you need to get better.

I realized if I got my wealth up above my arsenal I could take all the combat artifacts rating 4 and under I wanted for free... so I did

Oops. I thought it was Wealth equal to Arsenal/Panoply. Better fix mine...

made the character adjustment to drop her ally, she is equally close to those she has brought to the cult as represented by her backing but lacks skill in maintaining close personal connections herself

I'll pay three motes to switch on my Essence Visor for the scene, and begin to scrutinize the seal on the letter, in order to assess if it's genuine. Should I roll something?

Go ahead and give me a Perception + Occult roll as you examine the letter.

Perception (3) + Occult (7) = 10 dice.

6 Successes.
Examining the letter, you can see that the lettering is not made with ink, but instead is some kind of refined Essence, imprinted onto the paper in some manner that does not damage it. It is essentially an artifact that can only be used/read by Sidereal Exalts. It is reuseable, and very, very rare. In all your years you have only seen this used one other time, when you were in the office of Chejop Keyjak and he received a missive directly from one of the Maidens. You never got to see what was on the letter because your meeting with Chejop was cut short once he opened up the note and read the contents. That was over two hundred years ago.

Activating Echoes of Infinity (Free, with the Elder Sutra of Reflection.)
Activating Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Form (Free, with Echoes of Infinity.)
Activating Pearlescent Filigree Defense (Free, providing (Essence) Lethal and (2x Essence) Bashing soak.)

Do I get any replies back to my Infallible Notebook from Lerayl/Mara in the meantime? Was the former contacted by the Maidens as well?

Do I get any replies back to my Infallible Notebook from Lerayl/Mara in the meantime? Was the former contacted by the Maidens as well?
Sorry I missed that one. Yes, Lerayl also received a pair of messages to the same effect: return to Yu-Shan at once for a Conclave-wide meeting of some emergency. No details were given in these messages other to say all other orders are now overridden and hustle as fast as you can.

Studying for and taking exams, won't be able to post until very late tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Thanks for the heads up. I had figured that things would be a bit off with the holidays coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back