Opinion RESPECT (Markiplier's Video) Opinions and Discussion

Daisie

Strangely regular (better than the usual bizarre!)
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya!
I, for one, am someone who is very passionate about the people I look up to. To the point where I almost idolize them, which is an issue I am currently trying to solve about myself. But that's besides the point.

When I say I look up to someone, I really do mean it. With more of my heart than you might believe at first glance. I am a passionate person. Markiplier and Jacksepticeye are two of those people I have watched for a long time and have learned to look up to IMMENSELY over time. I genuinely believe they are great people with great intentions, even if they may say some things I personally disagree with, or act in ways I don't condone. I have a great respect for both of them, and I absolutely love them.

I wanted to share Markiplier's video on respect. He posted it a good amount of time ago, yet I think it's even more relevant today than ever before. I think a lot of people can learn a lot of things from this, and if I can make one person's life a little better by sharing this video with then, then it's a win in my book.

Even if you don't enjoy Mark's usual content, even if you hate the guy's guts, you have to admit that in this video, he has his mind in the right place and says some extremely wise pieces of advice. I encourage you to watch.

But that's not all! I'm very interested to hear all of your opinions on the things said. If you agree with it all, disagree with a certain point or two, or simply think that this man is wrong at the deepest level. All opinions are welcome; from gentle to blunt, agreement to disagreement, popular or unpopular. Just abide by the site rules, and remember - RESPECT is key.

What he's saying is perfectly nice but I can't tell if he's misguided or intentionally trying to misguide others. I also feel the video is intentionally manipulative and feels almost like an attempt to both create higher ground and simultaneously place himself on it in the same breath.

He refers to this basic level of respect and stressed that we are losing it. In fact, the entire video seemingly revolves around this idea that there is this moral high ground which we have established, we were on this high ground, and now we're not. It's also pushing the notion of equality which is something of a trending word these days.

Throughout human history it would be a hard case to argue that we have ever been equal. It would be a hard case to argue that human society has ever treated people with the respect he's alluding to, though conveniently not fully explaining either. It's not being used as an argument, but a trending word, much like equality.

Society is far from perfect, but there is a whole lot more respect and movement towards equality than there ever has been throughout human history. We're on an upwards curve, not a downwards one.

Ultimately a YouTuber is, these days, regarded as a softer form of celebrity. Let's not pretend that they don't know what they're getting into when they assume that role and the benefits they enjoy of having it. It's a double-edged sword, and for a reason.

You can't enter into a career with clear pros and cons, then complain about the cons. Unlike many professions, celebrity status and success comes from the genuine reactions of the audience, and while you can argue respect is key, there have been a lot of outcries like this over the years and it's a lot less about encouraging respect and a lot more about making sure their channels are a valued commodity.

20180507_001419.jpg

i̛̭̺̠͔͚̥̠͍̞͊ͤ͛ͮ͑̚͢ ̴̷̨̦͇̹̪͕̺̹̲͎̮͇͇̺ͧ͂ͯͭ̂̇D͖̖̱͔̖̱̩̰̦̳͎̜̻̳͑͂ͨͯ͂̀͘͠ͅeͫͯ̔͒̅̐̐̈ͯͮ̇̓̉̿ͧ̒͏͔̺̫̜̭͚̠̯̣̼́͠S̫͔̮̫̰͕̤̪͍͓͕̻͈͓̻͍ͤ̇̈́̓̆̉̈̅͋͛͂̐͗̍ͬ͛̇͞͡eͮ̿ͮͥ̐͘҉͇̥̩̹̘̖̹̺͕͔͔Ṟ̶̶̨͎͙̺̼̼̱̜͚̰͉̖ͫ̈́̑ͮͣ̀̋ͬ̓ͫͪ͒̇̐ͨ͂̐v̊̄́͐̒̆ͩ̒͋̈́̓ͨ̉ͯͬ̎ͩ̚͏͘͟͏̺̮̹͇̦̪͚̲̮̤̼̹̤Ĕ̶̴̵͎̺͉͖͍͎̳̟̘̜̱̠̝̤̣̮̙̘ͨͫͩ̈̈́͌̊ͭ̀̚͝ ̴͕̠͇̲̙͖͙̟̱͍̰͙̺̪̫̻̩̍̀ͤ͗̇͌̑̅ͭ̀͘͟͟r̷̨̧̧͚̙̭̠̙̲͎̯̔ͦ̓̄͋̑̓ͥͩ̚͞ͅÈ̼͔̰̯̲̺̺ͮͩ̇̓̈ͣ͑̌̎̏̓ͤ͑̽̈̈́ͣ̕͟ş̵̴̗̹͉̩͈͖̬̲̤͚͖̩͚̬̼̣̮̟͑̌ͯͥ́ͤ̇ͯ̄ͮͯ͌̉̀̚P̧̛̼̞͉̹̲̺̥̺͍ͧ̒ͯͥͩ̈̋̓̿ͦ̓͐̾ͧ̎ͦͬ̍͢e̷̡̛̲̖̖̟͔̖̯͓̲̮̠̱̱̥̯̰̦̿ͤ̆̊͑ͧ̋̒͛͑̆͌̍̉͑̾ͮ͢C̆̌͂͛ͤ͛̀̆̚͏̵̣̹̪͝t̴͆̀̽͗̋ͮ͜͏̷͔̪̝̮̗̀ͅ

i'm not trying to be rude i just find morkoployr annoying af

View attachment 437114

i̛̭̺̠͔͚̥̠͍̞͊ͤ͛ͮ͑̚͢ ̴̷̨̦͇̹̪͕̺̹̲͎̮͇͇̺ͧ͂ͯͭ̂̇D͖̖̱͔̖̱̩̰̦̳͎̜̻̳͑͂ͨͯ͂̀͘͠ͅeͫͯ̔͒̅̐̐̈ͯͮ̇̓̉̿ͧ̒͏͔̺̫̜̭͚̠̯̣̼́͠S̫͔̮̫̰͕̤̪͍͓͕̻͈͓̻͍ͤ̇̈́̓̆̉̈̅͋͛͂̐͗̍ͬ͛̇͞͡eͮ̿ͮͥ̐͘҉͇̥̩̹̘̖̹̺͕͔͔Ṟ̶̶̨͎͙̺̼̼̱̜͚̰͉̖ͫ̈́̑ͮͣ̀̋ͬ̓ͫͪ͒̇̐ͨ͂̐v̊̄́͐̒̆ͩ̒͋̈́̓ͨ̉ͯͬ̎ͩ̚͏͘͟͏̺̮̹͇̦̪͚̲̮̤̼̹̤Ĕ̶̴̵͎̺͉͖͍͎̳̟̘̜̱̠̝̤̣̮̙̘ͨͫͩ̈̈́͌̊ͭ̀̚͝ ̴͕̠͇̲̙͖͙̟̱͍̰͙̺̪̫̻̩̍̀ͤ͗̇͌̑̅ͭ̀͘͟͟r̷̨̧̧͚̙̭̠̙̲͎̯̔ͦ̓̄͋̑̓ͥͩ̚͞ͅÈ̼͔̰̯̲̺̺ͮͩ̇̓̈ͣ͑̌̎̏̓ͤ͑̽̈̈́ͣ̕͟ş̵̴̗̹͉̩͈͖̬̲̤͚͖̩͚̬̼̣̮̟͑̌ͯͥ́ͤ̇ͯ̄ͮͯ͌̉̀̚P̧̛̼̞͉̹̲̺̥̺͍ͧ̒ͯͥͩ̈̋̓̿ͦ̓͐̾ͧ̎ͦͬ̍͢e̷̡̛̲̖̖̟͔̖̯͓̲̮̠̱̱̥̯̰̦̿ͤ̆̊͑ͧ̋̒͛͑̆͌̍̉͑̾ͮ͢C̆̌͂͛ͤ͛̀̆̚͏̵̣̹̪͝t̴͆̀̽͗̋ͮ͜͏̷͔̪̝̮̗̀ͅ

i'm not trying to be rude i just find morkoployr annoying af

Please refrain from making him green and calling him Mork. You're offending the Orkz! And we all know what happens when you offend Orkz. :)

This is too preachy to the point of a subtle attack to other channels and YouTube celebs.

Thus I prefer Smosh Games... Less drama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back