• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern repentance. [CLOSED]

byeol

๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ค๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฉ โ˜†

repentance.

PLOT
KTq5UD1.jpg

Long before humans walked the earth there was a race of Angels that roamed the sky. The celestial beings lived in complete harmony under the just rule of the Archangel Michael. There was no war, no envy, no plague and the heavens roared with life. Then came the temptation from the demon world that thrived in the deep roots below them. Curious angels sought the free lives that the dark beings lived, these lives were plagued with what seemed like eternal happiness at the cost of nothing. They didn't follow anyone's rules and instead wreaked havoc on Earth, taking what they wanted without facing repercussions at holy hands.

The Angels became corrupted, the thirst for what others had overcame them and a Holy War broke out. Thousands of celestial beings lost their lives and the demons were shut away by the Archangel Michael in the final battle that became known as the Purge. Seven corrupted beings were put on trial for the atrocious acts that led to the bloody war; pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth. After being found guilty of betraying the Holy Order in search of selfish acts the Angels were thrown down from heaven into what would become the human world, their wings severed. A curse mark was placed upon each of them with a symbol representing each individual sin. For 3,000 years they would have to live among the human race, watching over them as punishment while keeping a low profile.

Currently these holy beings reside in a large loft apartment that is adjacent to a large university along with a strip of bars, restaurants, and coffee shops. They have taken on forms of humans in their mid to late twenties and look to be from a variety of ethnicities. Some have learned to adapt well to the current surroundings of London while others are still not so warm to what they think are very idiotic beings.

LORE
AnscH7K.jpg

On heaven Angels were born with abilities that reflected their devotion to the Archangel as well as their own personality. Through their corruption the 7 beings that had originally inherited powers of light saw the manipulation of dark magic within them. They were shifted to powers reflecting their toxic traits.

Greed inherited the power of manipulation with their voice, something that could be fought with a strong pure will. Sloth inherited the power of levitation, limited to their physical ability based on strength. Lust inherited the ability to read into other's emotions as well as their mind, as long as a the person was touching them. Pride inherited the ability to sap energy from those around him to feed his hunger, especially if they have low self-esteem. Envy inherited a curse that flares a greenish rash when they are feeling upset rather than inheriting a power. Wrath inherited the ability to enhance strength as well as speed making them a hell of a workout partner. Lastly, Gluttony inherited the curse of never feeling satisfied whether it be eating or reaching a goal always seeking more.

In order to fully gain their wings to be able to return to Heaven the Sinners must make a significant bond with a human who counteracts their weakness. This could be through both love or fortified friendship, the final line is that they must show repentance for their sins despite the fact that they have suffered a long period of time for their wrong acts. Many of them have tried and tried but failed as there has not been someone to truly help them change. The final task would be to remember their heavenly names, but even that seems far away. Some of the beings have resentment to humans for having to watch over them and watching them be able to live and die in piece. Recently their has been a pair of humans that the Archangel has bestowed onto their lives to give them a turning point, whether they decide to take them is entirely up to them.

The people they will eventually befriend either live in the same complex, attend university, or work in a surrounding establishment. The humans also have their own lives that might be more complicated that meets the eye so the journey will not be easy. It is a guarantee that it will be filled with laughs, heartbreak, and self-discovery. The tattoos that the sins possess can be spread out anywhere on the body, all up to the person who plays them.

ROLES:
Sin of Wrath โ™† _
Sin of Lust โ˜ฉ _
Sin of Pride โ‚ _
Sin of Sloth โŒ˜ _
Sin of Envy ำช _
Sin of Gluttony เฆ“_
Sin of Greed โ‚ _ TAKEN byeol byeol

Human 1 _
Human 2 _
Human 3 _
Human 4 _
Human 5 _

RULES & INFORMATION
3HZTjeW.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm blem but you can call me literally anything and I'll be peachy~. First, thanks for reading this through! This is the first RP that I have GMed in a while so I look forward to seeing how this works out. I have plenty of ideas and themes that will be explored and hope you all find this as interesting as I did. You guys are welcome to more than one character, although for tracking purposes I would max it to 1 Sin and 1 Human per player. Thanks again and enjoy~
โ†’ Please be kind to one another and adhere to all RPN rules.
โ†’ I would expect a fairly active presence in the roleplay, if you find yourself unable to keep up with at least a post every 2/3 days then please contact me.
โ†’ Discord is mandatory as there will be prompts placed for certain scenes throughout the roleplay to keep things moving.
โ†’ This roleplay could potentially have more mature settings, so just remember that all RPN rules still apply.
โ†’ This will NOT be a first come first serve basis, although I have no problem with placeholders if you're interested in a character.
โ†’ I would prefer longer posts 3+ paragraphs, although I do prefer quality over quantity.
โ†’ Please use realistic face claims, thanks!

Disclaimer: This roleplay is based loosely on the Seven Deadly Sins anime/manga as well as some aesthetic pictures on tumblr, although there is no need to know anything about the storyline since this will be different as it takes place in the real world, in modern day London.

cs _ Realistic or Modern - repentance. - characters

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
i really shouldnโ€™t but seven deadly sins? how can i not?

definitely eyeing the sin of lust so iโ€™ll probs apply for that ;)

also forgot the quote part... uhhh, veni, vidi, vici?

Last edited:
i might apply for sin of wrath or a human role. to be determined hehe. c:

"โ†’ Please use realistic face claims and leave me a quote to know you read this through."
There wasn't a specific quote listed, but is quoting where you said that acceptable?
As for interest, I would be interested in Envy.
Also as it sometimes varies from RP to RP, does "realistic" mean "realistic-looking" or "real person" when it comes to character images? And would written descriptions be acceptable instead?

"โ†’ Please use realistic face claims and leave me a quote to know you read this through."
There wasn't a specific quote listed, but is quoting where you said that acceptable?
Also as it sometimes varies from RP to RP, does "realistic" mean "realistic-looking" or "real person" when it comes to character images? And would written descriptions be acceptable instead?
I just meant any quote in general but that works too! As for the realistic face claim part I would prefer a real person. Although I donโ€™t mind a written description, I do prefer visuals for characters as I find it makes the rp go a bit smoother. (:

omg omg iโ€™m so in if i can finish my cs in time for this lol

gonna eye the sloth bc itโ€™s me lololol

1021668.f56.54635S7ay1Cm2MjUAAA-650x650-b-p.jpg

does this work for a quote rip

i really shouldnโ€™t but seven deadly sins? how can i not?

definitely eyeing the sin of lust so iโ€™ll probs apply for that ;)

also forgot the quote part... uhhh, veni, vidi, vici?

yay! iโ€™m so excited omg~
i will post up the cs later today!

you already know iโ€™m here for this!!
Oh my... I haven't seen a more intriguing RP for a year~

This one is exciting!
I'd love to be part of a good sinful rp, my glutton character will get put to good use lol
This RP looks so awesome! >w<
I really wish I could join~

here is the cs link: Realistic or Modern - repentance. - characters

super excited!

question - sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, but when is the deadline?

Love it all!

Question: would there be an option for two characters? One angel one human (the partner of another angel?

I'm interested in a human, Gluttony, or Lust (whichever isn't taken before I find the time to work on a CS). I have three more days of midterms, though, so it may be hard for me to get something up anytime soon. Still, I definitely will be keeping my eye on this!

super excited!

question - sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, but when is the deadline?
I just added it because my sleep deprived self forgot! Itโ€™s October 27th.
NanLia NanLia , that would be fine. you guys are allowed 1 sin and one 1 human max (:
Kipsy Kipsy , for sure! I would love to have you~.

ooo very interested in sin of pride !

I really wish I had the time to join. But uhmm which roles are still open? Just to see if I can squeeze in after all.

Also wanted to say that if you go the CS thread the text is unreadable in dark mode.

NanLia NanLia may or may not have encouraged me to make a human character. I'd love to join in if you'll have me and I should hopefully have my CS up this weekend!

thank you to everyone who showed interest! unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances i will be putting this rp on hold until further notice. < 3

byeol byeol sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to this rp.

Hopefully everything is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back