• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Released into the Wild C.S

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Feel free to add details or pretty it up as you see fit

Name:
Generation: (hybrid only. Where you part of the first patch of hybrids created or the second)
Animal: (Hybrid only)
Appearance: (whatever means best describes your character)
Skills:
Personality: (traits or paragraph)
Bio: (optional for hybrids)
Letter from Dr Marion: (this is sort of the alternative to a bio for hybrids. This is letter for the hybrid brought by the human friend along with the main letter read in the interest thread. What would Dr Marion say to your character to encourage him or her to go out there and ease the passing of the good doctor? Add a little reminiscence and advice.)
Relationship with other characters:
Other:

Name: Addilyn Meyers
Generation: First
Animal: Tiger
Appearance: With a neat hourglass figure, femmine features, and long brown hair, Addilyn is a relatively pretty girl. She stands at five feet, seven inches, and weighs about 154 pounds. Her eyes are a light golden brown, her hair seems to be stripped with light brown and dark brown coloring. The last thing about her, is rather faint tiger stripe like markings that cover her torso, legs, and two stripes under both her eyes. For the most part, people don't notice right away, but those with keen eyes can. They'll also notice that her canines are slightly sharper than a normal person's.

518836bfe92c09d2920f729c0e3a33f3--character-art-character-design.jpg
Skills: Addilyn has trained herself how to fight, and is pretty damn good at it. She can cook, bake, speak two languages, and has a weird internal timing thing where she just knows when things are gonna do off; microwave and oven timers, stuff like that. And she marjorly sneaks, like, She doesn't mean to, but she's a quiet person that you don't outright notice right away, so she ends up jumpscaring people on accident.
Likes: Spicy Foods, Meat, Fighting, Naps, Reading, Swimming, Rainy Days
Dislikes: Tofu, Cockroaches, People who mess with her fam, Rhubarb, Strawberries
Personality: A wild card. She often acts on impulse and emotion rather than planned out action, but there's a few things you should know. She's lovable, very kind and loyal to her brothers and sisters, but also very protective. Mess with them, and you will see the anger she holds within. Which, can be a problem in some situations, but she has, over the years, learned to control it. She's strong, but mentally and physically and doesn't easily give up. Driven, and determined to do what it takes to get shit done. Which is an odd combination with chronic depression. But, shes found a way to help keep her out of to blue a mood so her family doesn't worry to much. She also has a sense of responsibility, taking care of everyone. Or at least trying to no matter what. Everyone comes before herself.
Bio: The only thing I'll say is that for a first gen, shes really, really lucky.
Letter from Dr Marion: Addilyn, my sweet girl, I want you to realize how lucky you are. First gens normally had a variety of problems and I saw my share of failed cases but you...you were special. Maybe, it's because you were one of the last first gen as I started to prefect the process. There were so many odds against you, you were one of the most human looking. I hope this luck follows you for the rest of your days. And I truly I thought there wasn't a thing wrong with you, I was wrong though. Medication for your mental health was never safe enough because of how it reacted to your DNA, and though I tried my best, I know I couldn't help you. You might not remember, but a friend of mine diagnosed you with chronic depression when you were only three, and the same friend was consulted when your anger began to become a problem. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's possible you'll never know happiness like the others; like I did. Your anger is... understandable, but I know you're strong enough to live with it. My dear, trust me when I say there's not a single thing you need to change. Your brothers and sisters love you, dispite what some would consider flaws. You have overcome everything that has been thrown at you; which is why unknown you're strong enough to explore the world I've kept you hidden from, to finally start the life you've dreamed of for so long. There will be tough times, I'll admit, but it's better to brave these than to stay in your comfort zone because that's what life if about. My passing is one of those hard times, but death only ends a life, not a relationship. I firmly believe that someday, somehow, I will see you all again. My my dying wish is for you to have a rich, full life, one with no regrets. I know I don't need to tell you but watch out for the others, and don't forget about youreself. One more thing, your...well The man who gave you human DNA, your father perhaps, was a wonderful man. You have his eyes... He passed on a few years ago, but know he was one of my greatest supporters. Just like you.~ Dr.Marion
Relationship with other characters: As the protective big sister type, that's how she acts with the others. She may not be the oldest, but she's definitely responsible enough to act like it.

Other Intresting Factoids about your favorite sister!:
  • Addilyn is crazy strong. She's as strong as a normal tiger, and seeing as how a back hand from one could kill you, it's pretty damn strong. Her upper and lower body strength are just soemthing you shouldn't question. Makes hugs a little hard, but who doesn't like bear big hugs? And girls who can carry still carry grown people?
  • Addilyn also has a pretty sharp memory, leading to quiet an intelligent young lady.
  • Her tiger DNA comes from a White Tiger.
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited:
a2d0f7a8fa7af779d47b0715639ef753.jpg
Name: Vispir Marion
Generation: First Gen.
Animal: Snake
Appearance: Vispir's scales have a gradient hue of green and red that alternate. Her non-scale parts are a light beige. Her hair is a Light Blonde and her eyes are pale ice blue. Vispir standing at full height stands at 8 feet, but is generally around 5'5 feet when moving and doing normal things, and completely stretched out is 11 feet-ish. She has poison glands for her fangs and sharp nails.

Skills: Cooking, cleaning, playing guitar and banjo.
Dislikes: Her predatory instincts, schizophrenia, vegetables, strangers and outsiders.

Personality: Vispir tends to be really laid back and chill, eager to help as she was Dr. Marion's helper as she was the 1st. Although Visper is the eldest she i oddly not really bossy as most elder sibling would be considered. She values her family most and will often urge her brothers and sisters to eat together. Vispir is often lazy as well, laying about outside playing her banjo or guitar. Vispir doesn't often get angry but you can often eavesdrop on her to find that she sometimes argues with no one.

Bio: Has many of the same biology of a snake proportioned to her size. Being the 1st, she looks very far from human and suffers from schizophrenia.
Vispir though is able to reproduce as humans and contain alot of the same female biology on the upper half. She is cold blooded and does not have a belly button.

Letter from Dr. Marion:
Dear Vispir
My first child, the first time I had laid eyes on you was the first time i had stop seeing you has a scientific experiment, but as my daughter; my own flesh and blood. Unfortunately because you were the first, I had made many mistakes. Mistakes that have taken a toll or will take a toll on you and your relationships that will cause you to struggle for the rest of your life. Because of this it is with deepest sorrows that I am not here with you to support you on your journey through life. Many not see you that way i do, as your appearance may cause humans to run in fright but it is only because they do not understand, nor do they know you, yet. But in time, people will come to love you as much as I do or more because you are a strong and talented young woman, and beautiful one at that. Vispir, my first beloved child, I bid you farewell and will depart with one final advice, love your your family and future family as much as I loved you.
Your Mother, Dr. Marion

Relationship with other characters:
Webs Elk Webs Elk
Kris- Hangs out with Kris the most and has a kinship with him as they are both reptiles and share similar qualities.
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Addilyn- Closest Addylin Meyers, they both have a sometimes tense relationship but love each other and trust each other implacably
Lysander- The little adorable little brother, and temptation to give into her feral side. He brings out the Kid in Vispir
Abyss Abyss
Sol- Another little brother she loves to have fun with. Although his fascination with documentaries puts her to sleep often. And his love for the hot weather is a mystery to Vispir.
eyflfla eyflfla
Mia- Vispir babies Mia the most and often tries her best (usually in vain) to cheer Mia up.
Taishou Taishou
Lied- Vispir is put off by Lied, Its hard to interact with him and is wary for his natural curiosity of locks and doors and worries her that one day Lied would get into her room. On top of that it would seem Lied might have a hard time seeing Vispir due to her colors and doesn't like how he can detect lies easily. But never the less Vispir loves him but just has a hard time understanding him and communicating with him.
LocKeii LocKeii
Jack- HATES HIS GUTS. Stranger danger. Bearer of bad news. GTFO of our Ho

Other: Always goes to sleep in the basement and locks the door with multiple locks.

Last edited:
Shokudaikiri.Mitsutada.full.1906252.jpg
tumblr_optsy6Becb1v0936ao1_500.gif
basic data
Name: Jack W.
D.o.B: Feb. 18 ♒
Role: Human 'Stranger'

tumblr_oq89xpelYK1r6nqjyo1_500.gif
appearance
Shokudaikiri.Mitsutada.full.1906252.png
As a predilection Jack prefers keeping a very simplistic style of clothing and if not for a few physical attributes he would seamlessly blend within an average crowd. As it stands his towering height of 6'4" and unruly head of black hair have made it particularly hard to remain discreet. Perhaps the two most blatant culprits however are his signature black eye patch and gloves, both of which have been the subject of many curious glances. Along with his plain choice in fashion, his wardrobe consists of black and gray with the occasional tuft of muted colors.

Underneath the trench coats and jackets Jack has maintained a lean set of muscles from daily exercise. A noticeable stretch of ragged flesh zigzag from the bottom right of his abdomen before barely stopping at the center of his chest. Old scars, both deep and shallow, litter his skin but can be easily hidden by long sleeves.

9b46d62c7670027f4228b260618761e0.gif
personality
Skills
-Despite denying being a scientist he seems to be comfortable working with laboratory tools and possesses a large array of knowledge regarding an unknown number of scientific subjects.
-Repairing and fixing broken objects ranging from tilted foot stools to a malfunctioning computer system is one of his specialties.
-Sharp wit and a certain talent with words has made him a competent negotiator or mediator. Unless caught off guard or provoked he rarely stumbles when speaking.
-Being proficient in emotional control has outed him as an enigma. This doesn't necessarily mean he's an unfeeling bag of rocks but it does make it hard for others to know what's behind his amiable smile.
-With such an adept ability of playing the piano most assume he grew up learning how to play it.
-During his childhood Jack discovered that unlike other children he could still his hands on command. No shakes or tremors ever developed even as he grew into adulthood. (ie. steady fingers)
-He can adapt and process new information like a computer: quickly and without much hassle.

Literature (Nonfiction, Mystery, Horror, etc.)
Nature (Fresh air, plants, etc.)
Star gazing
Cigarettes [It's admittedly a bad habit but he's currently trying to cut down on it. For the hybrids sake.]
Warm food
The Ocean
Sharing ideas & discovering something unknown, new
The unique, special, & rare
A good cup of coffee
Success
Music (classical, future bass, indie, etc.)

Dislikes
Prying eyes & eavesdroppers
Having his authority disregarded
Failure
Being unprepared or having insubstantial knowledge of any situation
Losing control
Tea [tastes like you just put grass in water and called it a beverage]
Dishonesty
Boredom, lack of excitement, staleness.
Baseless arrogance
Wasting time
Miscommunication while rare on his end is one of the few ways to get under his skin quickly

Personality
Initially it may seem as if Jack is an entirely pleasant and amiable individual. While there is some truth in his friendly disposition it's not as genuine as others are lead to believe. When it comes to his words and actions it's a sure bet that there is always a double meaning hidden behind them. This doesn't mean that he's some sort of wolf in sheep's clothing but he wouldn't hesitate to bare fangs if it suites his endeavors. It isn't easy to displace this mask but if continuously provoked he will retaliate with enough venom to insure that the agitator in question will not make the same mistake twice.

The honest truth? Beneath the smiles and constructed responses Jack can be unregrettably callous and vindictive. At the same time he also does have a very high level of patience and control; enough to remain affable in the face of unpleasant situations and people alike. This doesn't mean that everything he does is just a pretense. He can be extremely loyal and has a tendency to put the few individuals he genuinely cares about above himself. On the opposite end of the spectrum everything and everyone [he doesn't care for] is considered dispensable.

HTTP21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS9PMmh6d1VteG1XaTNlL2dpcGh5LmdpZgloglog.gif
history
Bio
After three days of continuous travel Jack had finally come upon Dr Marion's hidden laboratory. The structure was built in the middle of a small clearing just upon the pocket of a beautiful waterfall. The water and surrounding foliage created the perfect camouflage, brilliantly concealing the building from view. If the doctor's map hadn't been so detailed it might've taken him a good hour to have even found the entrance at all. Pocketing the creased piece of paper he approached a particularly thick growth of crawling ivy and without hesitation plunged his gloved hand through the vegetation. Upon further examination he found it to be just a simple hinged door, albeit substantially more secure with it's stainless steal base.

Following the late Doctor's instructions Jack gave two loud and distinct knocks. He had been informed that his presence would be detected prior to reaching the door; the knocking was just out of courtesy. A minute passed with no response but the sensation of a presence standing just beyond the metal entrance prompted him to continue. As directed he began explaining the reason for his unexpected arrival before gently slipping an undisclosed envelop beneath the door. He stood and watched as the little bit of the crisp white corner he intentionally left exposed disappeared beneath the crack.

[In trying to make this character a complete quote on quote stranger I basically just wrote his entrance post and called it his 'history' lol.]

Relationship with Other Characters
W.I.P

Other
-Being a night owl Jack can remain wide awake deep into late hours of the night. As a result he isn't the most gracious morning person and seemingly disappears until just shy of early afternoon hours.
-Experienced in combat. While he cannot subdue any of the powerful hybrids on pure strength alone he can outwit them.
-Excels in strategic and 'luck' games like checkers, chess, cards, and anything that can be 'manipulated'.
-A Registered Physician.
-Never seen without his gloves.

coding by cychotic

*Invisible scrolling. If it looks like it's "cut off" for you it's not. Just scroll using your mouse.

Last edited:
Name: Lysander "Anders" Marion
Generation: second
Animal: eagle
Appearance:
safe_mode_wath_fetwgrkifg_by_supersilvane-d4n88c5.png

Skills: Flight, sketching, painting, hunting, keen eyesight
Likes:Art, nature, sunny days, hunting, mysteries in literature and movies, jazz and it derivatives.
Dislikes: loud noises, strangers, being centre stage, cooking meat (It is a timewaste)
Personality: Anders is one who has embraced his animal side: His prefered home is among the trees than the house, hunt the various rodents and other small animals that sneak into the compound than eat with the family. This made him a little indepedent than the rest of the hybrids and therefore a little distant from the others, mostly keeping to his own company rather than the others. Not those he doesnt care about his sibling, often seeing himself as a sentry looking out athrough the walls of the compound from the tree. He is also very free spirited wanting nothing more than to fly outside the compound and explore the world and had gottent into trouble several times for his attempts. He can be sweet and funny though a little dark as he feral tendencies tend to show themselves.
Letter from Dr Marion:
Anders,
You finally have what wished for so long, the doors of the compound are finally free and open to you to with as you will. You must be ready more than most to go out in the world and i wish you find a home that makes you happy. But please my son, remain close to your brothers and sisters. you have seen more of the world than they in your frequent attempts at escape and they will need your guidence. So will you need theres, the world out there will be unkind to your animal detencies and favor of the wild. Let them help master your animal side or it least show you how to act with other humans. I am sorry i was not able to do that before my passing, yet you seemed happy in your niche and thought there was no harm in letting you live how you wish for a little while longer. Also the need for you and your siblings to come to gather is not only practical, no man not even you are an island. You need your family close to you, trust me.
Dr Marion.
Relationship with other characters: A little distants but cares for each deeply.
Other:

Last edited:
Still need to add a couple of things, but it's very late and I am tired.

''Sol"
IMG_1085.jpg
Basics

Name:

Solomon

Nicknames:

Sol

Male

Species:

Mixed DNA

Solomon was the first experiment created from the DNA of more than two species to survive to maturity. The doctor was never specific on what particular animals were used, but Sol remembers her saying something at least about reptiles and bats being in the mix.

Generation:

First Batch

Appearance:

Standing at 7 feet tall, Solomon is a rather tall hybrid, and he possesses the lean-muscled figure of a creature adapted best for flight and agility. Sol's face is sharp and angular, with slitted eyes, sharp teeth, swivelling ears, and a horned crest above his brow. His body is covered in a layer of scales that change color with a mixture of sharp spines, hard spikes, and expressive frills that do a better job of conveying emotions than his face. He has large leathery wings. Each of Sol's digits is tipped with a long claw, but the largest and most dangerous would be the disembowelling claws on his feet.

Height:

6'7''

Weight:

130lb

Blood Type:

AB+

Personality

- Flying
- Heat (Hotter the better)
- Basking in the sun
- Raw meat
- Insects
- Chasing games
- Soaking in shallow water
- Hanging upside down
- Puns (intended or accidental)
- Movie nights and family activities
- Documentaries
-Superheros and Antiheros (especially those from the X-men)

Dislikes:

- Strangers
- Vegetables (Likes fruit though)
- Loud sounds (Sensitive hearing makes loud sounds a very painful experience and can mess up his ability to navigate)
- When someone borrows something without asking
- Standing on the ground
- Spicy and cooked foods
- Cold weather
- The fact that there's never a protagonist movies and books that he can really relate too

Quirks:

- Prefers not to touch the ground and will instead perch on anything else available.

- Often misinterprets body language.

- Finds smiling/showing teeth to be threatening.

Personality:

WIP

Abilities

Strengths:

Flight: WIP

Observation: Solomon has keen senses and possesses echolocation and infrared detection abilities from his animal DNA. Although frequently unreliable due to his mixed genes, when they do work it gives him an extra edge in scouting out his local surroundings.

Linguistics: Sol's sensitive hearing allows him to pick up on the tiniest inflections in peoples voices and he uses this far more than body language to determine a person's general mood. It's not perfect however, because not everyone lets their emotions bleed through.

Invention: When not flying or socializing with his siblings, Sol can usually be found in his room tinkering on a variety of projects. His room is his primary workspace and is cluttered with tools and half-finished designs.

Weaknesses:

Sensory Overload: Sol possesses a variety of extremely sensitive senses that don't always work properly or sometimes work a little too well. Sometimes the strain of trying to focus on an over abundance of input can lead to him having seizures or result in that sense becoming temporarily shut down for anywhere from a few minutes to longer than an entire day.

Clashing instincts: The mixed DNA that accounted for Sol's creation not only left him with such a strange appearance, but instincts that struggle to compromise with each other. This can be dangerous in a situation that requires immediate action or if his brain drives him to try and do something impossible for him to complete. (Ex. Sol will feel the urge to hibernate during the colder months, but cannot physically do so and will suffer from becoming malnourished and sick by trying.)

Impulsive Behaviour: WIP

Body Language: Sol often has difficulty with reading a persons facial expressions and with conveying his own feelings in such a way that humans and even some of the other hybrids can understand. Smiling with teeth for example, is something that he associates with aggressive behaviour.

Skills:

Solomon is an excellent flier and prefers to spend the majority of his free time practicing ariel maneuvers. He's got an impeccable sense of direction (although he is terrible at using maps) and an ear for picking out music or catching a lie.

The rest

Bio:

The first multi-hybrid to survive to maturity, Solomon spent the first several years of his childhood being carefully monitored in the medical wing. During this time he wasn't able to spend much time with the other children and those he did encounter were most often in a similar situation to himself: their bodies and minds fighting to find some sort of balance. The Doctor was the only stable presence he had, until he was finally able to move to a regular room like the rest of the hybrids at the age of seven years old.

Letter From Dr. Marion:

WIP

Dear Solomon:

I know that my passing will have affected you greatly, but I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for leaving without saying goodbye. It was not my intention to lie to you, but I know that living in the medical wing for as long as you did, you must have come to understand that some ends are unavoidable and we can't always save the ones we love.

I know that not only did I never disclose to you what I had used to create you, but that I had never specified who. Perhaps I should have told you sooner, but I didn't want you to feel any less like my child...and maybe in truth, I was afraid that if you knew, you might stop thinking of me as your mother. I loved you, and all of my children equally regardless of who's genetic material was used to create them. The names of your genetic donors are Daniel Martin and Anna Russo.

WIP

Other:

- Solomon is dyslexic

- He will continue to slowly grow for his entire lifetime

- He isn't effected by spending long periods of time upside down

- Pine resin irritates his lungs due to the reptile DNA

- Solomon's voice is naturally monotone and he has to concentrate to inflect emotion into his voice. A better way to read his emotions is by observing his body language and the color of his scales and eyes.

• Red, Black: Angry, Upset
    • Orange: Irritated, Frustrated
    • Gold, Yellow: Excited, Amused, Happiness, Pride
    • Emerald: Displeasure, Annoyance, Envious
    • Green: Worried, Displeased, Annoyed
    • Dark Green: Distress
    • Pale Green, Lily Green, Acid Green: Fearful, Terrified
    • Blue: Calm, Curiosity
    • Pale Blue: Worried, Anxious
    • Indigo: Pride, Determination
    • Purple: Confused
    • Dark Purple: Shame, Guilt
    • Pink, Rose: Joy, Happiness, Love, embarrassment
    • White: Pain, Extreme Fear, Sickness, Shock
    • Dark Gray, Blue-Gray: Sorrow, Depressed, Regret
    • Brown:
    • Other Colors: ???

Themesong: Can't Sleep (VANIC)

Relationships With Other Characters:

(If anyone would like to determine pre-existing friendships, enemies (frenemies?), rivalships, etc.)

Code by Cecilia

Last edited:
Mia Tly (Prounounced Maya) Version 1.3, I'll keep revising.
17 y.o. or less - Can I be the youngest?
3rd (4th?) Generation
Animal: Dove
Appearance: Mya is small shoulder length blonde hair that is photo-sensitive, running dirty in the winter and tending to straw in the summer. Her skin is the same, but opposite, she tans easily but pales quickly in the winter. She weighs less than you'd guess. She has wings that are a dirty yellowish gray. They're small, but growing. She occasionally straps them down with belts and if she wore a heavy winter coat she might pass as normal - if her height was in line with her faux-girth.

Skills: Mya is well read and musically literate. She has good recall and learns fast but does not specialize. [For practical purposes it's like she's read a basic wiki page about most things] She can play the flute. She works at flying and can glide pretty well. She doesn't get sick and has a natural immunity to many poisons, mostly organic.

Likes: Mellow music most of the time. Older science fiction. Poetry.
Dislikes: Conflict, drama, smoke, loud noises such as machinery

Personality: Passive, affable, blase, mopey if we're being unkind.
Growing up, her siblings all had such amazing gifts, and all Mya had to show for it was a propensity to broken bones. Then puberty came and with it 2 burgeoning bumps on her back that eventually burst, releasing wings. Even with medical help it was a traumatically painful experience. The wings were hideous weak things, bloody mottled lumps for the first weeks - Devastatingly ugly in comparison with her siblings'. It took months for feathers to plume. Even now they seem undersized and useless. She works at flying with grim determination, but every mistake yields broken bones and crushed dreams. Frustrated? Sure, but it's not channeled anywhere, it just dissipates and she keeps plodding on. She doesn't consider herself depressed by any stretch of the imagination, but she feels a wallflower. Her interactions with others reinforce that, and she's grown accustomed to blending into obscurity.
She's perked up a bit recently since receiving her personalized letter:

Letter from Dr Marion:
Dearest Mia,
I know that you feel you got the short end of the stick. I know you might feel a failed experiment. Your wings too small, bones too brittle, nothing that makes you stand out. There is more to you than meets the eye, let me assure you.
In engineering your DNA I altered many background alleles, attributes which do not express themselves physically. I've waited until now to tell you because I could not be sure the extent of my success and I did not want you growing up with a false sense of invulnerability. That said you will find that you have a high immunity to viruses - do you recall ever being sick? You are also resistant to most organic compounds - Remember that time a group of you got into a patch of poison ivy? Inorganic solutions still pose a threat, although your genetics afford you a little protection. If you spill bleach on yourself it won't affect you as bad as another, but do clean up right away and don't go drinking the stuff, ok?
Lastly your body regenerates at an accelerated pace. All those broken bones from your youth would have kept other kids down and out a lot longer. That broken Fimir when you were 8 would have left anyone else with a life long limp. Not so for you. You're lucky! Even if you don't realize it. I expect you to live a long life.
Which is why I have waited so long to tell you. I wanted you to grow up with the same precautions and self preservation as anyone else. With your gifts this should give you a long healthy life. I feared that if you grew up without caution or restraint you would have been more reckless and died stupidly and uselessly.
You are not invincible. You can't grow back body parts. If you manage to get sick it could be life threatening. Be Careful! [This last written with heavy force.]
Love,
Mom

Relationship with other characters: Throw some at me!
A trio of fliers: Her two older brothers took to mentoring her when her wings finally started feathering.

Sol was the smart older brother who would help her solve problems. He put the act of flying in terms she could understand and he developed a harness that she could hook her feet into which helped her with air control. He had his moods but Mia learned to give him his space.

Lysander was a tough teacher as an older brother should be. Because of him Mia developed physical toughness and mental fortitude. She might growl about Lysander occasionally, but she'll be his tomboy any time.

Other:

Last edited:

Lied Marion
nineteen - male - second gen - wolf
APPEARANCE Unlike a vast majority of his fellow siblings, it’s visibly evident that Lied expresses little to none of his animalistic traits in terms of his physical appearance. He stands at a height of 5’11”, an average height for a typical healthy human male, and lacks any fur, ears, or tail which a wolf hybrid might typically be expected to have, though he isn’t completely devoid of proof of being part wolf: his hair is colored an ashen grey similar to that which can be found on the pelts of certain grey wolves. The more prevalent of these traits, however, are his eyes which possess a warm shade of burnt gold.

SKILLS acute senses, observing/analyzing people and things, sensitive to lies (though he won't necessarily pry any further), solving puzzles, lock picking, piano, sign-language (mostly ASL)

LIKES “opening things”, watching a clock until it reads 11:11, staring at things(?), stargazing, quiet rooms, cats, Dr. Marion

DISLIKES nothing in particular

PERSONALITY A man of few words, if any at all (have any heard him utter even a single word?), and an unflinching one at that, Lied is the type easily labeled as “rudely aloof” and “unsettling” by most around him. His face never really seems to reveal any emotions underneath that mask, and even if he does show a response, it’s typically on the barely noticeable scale of subtle and disappears before anyone can really register what had occurred. To top it off, his eyes--a piercing gold--seem to be able to see through anything and everything, and perhaps they can, considering how he can seem to smell lies like a bloodhound. A cold analyst. If he isn’t that, they don’t know what to make of him.

It isn’t that ice runs through his veins, however. The lack of speech? He’s mute. Literally. The apathy? It’s simply that he’s like a child when it comes to understanding the concept of emotions. Things that should strike anger or fear or happenings which should bring happiness do bring about a muted response, but that doesn’t mean he’s completely devoid of them: he simply doesn’t know how to express them. At least not in normal ways. If it’s the piano, each note seems to resonate with the thoughts that even he doesn’t seem to understand, not that just anyone can pick up on this.

Regardless of his blunted emotions, Lied does express an earnest side. The words he types on his phone never contain any lies, and as if to make up for his shortcomings, he takes care to look after those he considers “close” (at least closer than strangers) in his own way. At the very least, he’s rather bothered by his inability to empathize without solid logic to back the reasoning up.

EXPERIMENT DETAILS Attempting to create yet another experiment who retained a relatively human appearance, Lied was essentially the bridge between the first and second generations, or at least he was meant to be. Though Dr. Marion succeeded in the creation of a hybrid who appeared almost completely human, the result came at a high price.

At first, everything seemed normal. Though Lied retained the grey hair and golden brown eyes passed down through his wolf DNA, his sharp canines weren’t overly obvious and he lacked any extra appendages. Most importantly, his feral instincts didn’t seem to surface as it had for many of his other siblings. It wasn’t until Lied was four that Dr. Marion finally realized the flaws in her experiment.

Lied had always been much of a silent observer, but she had always assumed that he just wasn’t interested in expressing himself the way that most would. What she didn’t expect was for his disinterest to be borderline alexithymic. He wasn’t devoid of emotions, that she was sure of, but he didn’t seem to understand them either. His refusal to speak—or rather his inability to—only seemed to make things even more frustrating for him. Another three years came to reveal that not only was he mute but he was also partially colorblind, finding difficulty in differentiating between reds and greens. As desperately as she tried, there wasn’t much she could do.

To My Dear Lied,

Even now, I hesitate to ask, “Were you happy?” You don’t actually know how to answer that, do you?

As the prototype of the second generation, you were so human, yet at the same time, you were also missing something extremely important. Robbed of a voice, color, and emotions, perhaps I was a bit cruel in naming you “Lied.” At least, that’s what you thought, isn’t it? I want you to remember that for all that you’re missing, you’re just as beloved as any of my other children whom I hold so dear and that you’re not as incomplete as you think you are. Every hug. Every pat on the head. I swear I meant all of it.

Behind that stoic, unchanging expression of yours, you were the most willful of all my dear children. You taught yourself that it was just ego, but was it really? Those beautiful, straightforward eyes of yours reflected to me that, for all your intelligence, you simply didn’t seem to know much about yourself. I wish for you to worry not. You feel concern, anger, joy, and whatever other emotion is present in the others just...in a much more “quiet” sense. Did you know? They say that music often conveys what words cannot, and this applies in the same way for you. Maybe that’s why you felt such a strong attachment to the piano. Even if you don’t quite understand how you “feel,” it’s alright to keep taking things at your own pace just like that. Some might resent you for it, but you’ll inevitably meet others who will love you as much as I did.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for keeping this whole ordeal a secret. You knew all this time, didn't you? That uncanny sense of “smell” of yours was always too on-point for your own good, and as expressionless as you think you are, those eyes of yours never lied, always having glimmered with a haze of concern and guilt every time you looked at me--for my sake, for their sakes. It must have been difficult, but can I make one last request? Please continue to watch over the others as they will for you. Family can’t survive apart, and it tears my heart apart at the mere thought of it.

–Dr. Marion

RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER CHARACTERS Though he has an easier time watching over them and their activities, Lied has no qualms about mingling with his siblings, much to the relief of their mother. Even he, in his current state, is capable of labeling the memories with his family as "fond".......(tbc once I get things sorted out...in the mean time, hmu?)

OTHER » Lied finds difficulty in drinking or eating hot beverages and food until they've cooled.
» He always carries around a phone to type out any responses if he feels the need to. Otherwise, he considers a nod or shake of the head sufficient.
» Ironically more of a cat person than a dog person.
» He specifically has red-green colorblindness. It doesn't typically get in the way of most things he does due to the way he's adapted, but it still remains a sore spot.
» At times, his perceptiveness can feel unsettling.
» Has an extremely bad habit of frequently opening or unlocking things that he perhaps shouldn't. As for the reason why...he doesn't quite know himself.
» Though the stubborn sort, there's a single person he cannot bring himself to go against: Dr. Marion.
» According to Dr. Marion, it's "easy" to tell what Lied is thinking by the look in his eyes(?)

Last edited:
Kristopher Kroc

• Nickname: DK - Given to him by Dr. Marion. Stands for double K
    Generation: First Gen
    Animal: Crocodile
    Skills: Cooking, Hunting, Swimming, Leading, Playing Violin (A test from Dr. Marion that he ended up liking), Solving Problems

He can bite into most anything and break it. He is also extremely fast in water, as well as can breath under water. He has sharp nails as well and has skin that is extremely hard.

Likes: Being Alone, Taking Care of Others, Swimming, Eating, Singing (He tries to hide it)
    Dislikes: Too much light, not eating.

lizardman_by_elistraie-d62lybs.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back