• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Hajira
1688663896189.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvari}

Hajira took another sip and set her cup down. "{You may speak freely to me. I hold no official title or position, other than Shaylan's Aide, but it is wise of you to be cautious. You say you have learned from your mistakes, but I'm not so sure... Tell me, messenger, are you happy in your station? Have you no dreams or grander aspirations? Old habits die hard, after all. What's is the phrase? You can pluck the rose from the bush, but you can't take the bush from the rose? Or... perhaps you'll find this one more appealing.} <A tiger can't change her stripes.>" She smiles wickedly.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Hajira StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

No official title or position. Was she an Inquisitor? Possibly. She still didn't feel like she could let her guard down around this one. “{Of course I do. Having lost everything, I sometimes feel like I've only grown in my desire to regain all that I lost and perhaps reach even further than before. However, I've also experienced first-hand how deep one might fall. Even so, the one thing I miss most would be my magic. As a Fae yourself, you might have an inkling of how hollow one might feel without it. If we're speaking in proverbs, one might say that whether it is the court or magic, it's true that} absence makes the heart grow fonder {if nothing else.}” However, she felt a tad bit... annoyed? Curious? A mixture of those. It's why she figured she'd confront the woman with a question of her own. “{Now, I must say I can only wonder, how did you manage to reach a position where you can boss around a mayor without <having any stripes to stand on> of your own.}” She asked.

Hajira
1688665909498.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}

Hajira smiled again, though this time, it seemed warmer, more genuine. "{Yes, it must seem like I boss her around, mustn't it? And I admit, sometimes her behavior does frustrate me... Perhaps in those moments I am colder than I intend. You see when it comes to Shaylan, I hold the highest position there is and am truly honored to do so. I love her and she me. She listens because she knows everything I do and say is in her best interest...}" She thinks for a moment before continuing. "{I was on your side you know, when it happened. Not that my opinion meant or means anything. The whole thing was ridiculous. Obviously punishment was in order, but to that extent? Sometimes I wonder if the Cardinals don't see how far they can push something out of cruelty. You and I are more alike than you realize... This girl, the Neko... If you do climb the ladders again, will you take her with you? You and I know the kind of life that leads to. The cunning, and coldness. The dangers. But people like her, like Shaylan, they aren't meant for it. Would you subject her to that? Could you protect her if you did?}"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was rather surprised when Hajira suddenly opened up more, but in a good way. She'd felt their conversation had grown increasingly tense and was only now starting to calm down again. “{For her to allow you to publicly talk back to her must indeed mean she loves and trusts you a lot, for many would assume she was being letting herself get walked over by a mere consort.}” If Hajira didn't shy away from pointing out bitter reality, she wasn't going to do so either. She was sure that scenario happened more than once, if this was their common dynamic.

She decided not to respond to the severity of her own punishment. After all, who could judge their own life fairly? If there was anyone able to do so, she sure wasn't that person. However, Hajira's next question was an easy one to answer. “{Yes.}” She didn't need to think much on it. “{Although not just her, some of my other friends as well. What I've lacked most, back then, was folks I could truly rely on. Now, I have at least three such people. I know that by climbing the ladders with them, we'll all have someone to catch us if we fall.}”

Hajira
1688668233867.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}
Hajira sighed and nodded. "{Shaylan is... delicate. If her position were anything higher, my behavior would surely cause us both more problems. It is a balance I walk carefully. If I let her emotions and whims run unchecked, she would destroy herself, but as is, it is not her that is judged, but me. Her detractors see me as the master behind the curtain, using my influence to gain access to Shaylan's power. So stupid and short sighted. If that was I cared about I could have had it by giving up Shaylan. I want nothing more than for her to be as happy as possible.}"

Hajira smiled kindly at Euthalia's answer. "{That kind of conviction and confidence will get you far. But only so. I know it sounds cold of me, maybe it's my own time in the system talking, but your friends will be your weakness. That is not to say you should get rid of them, just that protecting them will be vital. They will be targeted and used against you. A Fae in the church is not an easy mark, but a Beastfolk trying to make a home in the See? She will be judged simply for being associated with you. you will need other people you can rely on, as many as you can get, with as much sway and power as you can get. But with that comes the risk of leaving the others behind. It's all a balance. A game. Your moves must be well thought out and planned ahead, or you will lose, and your friends with you... I wish you the best of luck on your journey... What is taking so long, they should have been done by now?}"

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant potion adul s-2701183299.png

"HURRY!" Lady Shaylan's gruff voice fills the hall as Calliope continues to pause and glance at every curiosity along the way. "Ah, Yes, mmhhmm! S-sorry, mmhhmm!" She nervously hustles after the sphinx, finally arriving in a small bedroom. Calliope looks around, and takes a deep breath to calm herself, wondering how their fun trip had ended up here. Lady Shaylan approached a spot near the wall and sat facing Calliope. "Here!". Calliope rushed over and stood in front of her. "R-right, so, um... mmhhmm..." She fiddled with the potion in her hand. Why was this so difficult she had administerred first aid before plenty of times? Maybe it was just the pressure getting to her. She looked back to Lady Shaylan who was staring at her. "Right, so... You just need to drink it, should I... Should I just hold it for you, hhhmmm?" Lady Shaylan gave her a strange look. "D-do you not understand, hhhmmm?" Calliope mimed drinking. Lady Shaylan frowned and let out a sigh, then used her paw to point Calliope's head toward a small wooden box on the ground. "Here." Calliope stared at the box for a moment confused before realizing the blanket in it was moving. Lady Shaylan cautiously pulled the top layer of the blanket back to reveal a small scaled cat with large fangs. It seemed to be asleep and struggling to breathe. "OH, mmhhmm! This is the one who needed the medicine, mmhhmm!" Calliope kneels down and gently picks the creature up, cradling it in her arm. She looks around and nods her head toward the bed. "May I, hhhmmm?" Lady Shaylan nods back but doesn't move. Calliope takes a seat and positions the creature so it's on its back facing her. She pulls the stopper from the potion and sticks her finger in the neck of the bottle, shaking it vigorously. She extends her finger to the cat beasts mouth until it starts licking. She repeats this process several times, until it starts to get more active. "It should be able to drink on its own now, mmhhmm. We need to put the rest in a bowl with something that it will drink, mmhhmm." Lady Shaylan nods and leads Calliope out of the room and back to the sitting room. As she enters, she sees Euthalia sitting at the table and smiles warmly. "Their pet was sick, mmhhmm. It should be fine though, just a small fever, mmhhmm. It shouldn't be much longer, mmhhmm." Once the creature is set up in it's eating area, laying and lapping at the potion, Calliope and Lady Shaylan rejoin the others.

1688671222210.png

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Truthfully, she wasn't sure whether she believed what Hajira was doing was stupid or admirable. At this rate, she sounded like a glorified babysitter. One that had all the downsides of having to sort things out and absolutely none of the upsides of being in power. “{Your love must run deep, to take on so many of the burdens of being in power and having responsibilities with none of the blessings.}” That's all she could make out of this odd arrangement the two of them had going.

As for Hajira's reply to her own words, she was less happy. “{When enough ill intend is present, even a Fae in the church can become just as easy a mark. I've experienced that first-hand.}” She refuted. “{However, I shall keep your words in mind.}” She finally stated, with a sigh. She wasn't too eager to debate this topic. As for what was taking them too long... “{I have no idea.}”

As if on cue, Calliope arrived again. With another cat. This... thing... was all just for their pet? “{It seems I'm not the only one fond of felines.}” The sudden revelation, after all the serious talk, made her blurt it out before she realised. “Welcome back.” She quickly switched to common to greet Calliope. “I'm glad to see you succeeded.” She added to it, hoping that'd be true at least.

Last edited:
Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure merchant potions sad book s-3459296619.png
Languages: Common | <Beastfolk>
Hajira had to stifle a laugh at Euthalia's comment. "{Well, certainly not me. I can't stand the wretched creature. It's destroyed two of our best pillows, knocked over an antique vase, and made messes in the house on several occasions. I was against getting it in the first place, but... Well, you understand.}" She looked at Shaylan happily as the sphinx stood watching Calliope prepare the bowl for the animal. Calliope smiled at Euthalia's greeting. "Thank you, mmhhmm. Yes, mmhhmm, it was very successful, mmhhmm. I hope you weren't too bored while waiting, mmhhmm."

Once the four were back together, Hajira's demeanor turned back to that of official aide. She turned to Lady Shaylan who still occasionally glanced at the cat drinking from the bowl. "{Lady Shaylan, has she fulfilled your request adequately?}" "{Yes, Hajira. I am satisfied. They may leave now.}" "{Of course, I shall send them away... Or perhaps they could continue to prove useful.}" "{How so?}" "{Your pet has gotten sick twice already. Would it not be beneficial to have her nearby for when it inevitably happens again?}" "{I understand. Command her to stay in the city then. She's not permitted to leave.}" "{We cannot do that any more, Lady Shaylan. We can however offer her a place in the city and the full support of the Mayor's office.}" "{Fine, then do it.}" "{Very, well. Also, about the Sylvari. Do you remember that business from before? With the daughter of my brother's former mistress?}" "{Hajira, you know I do not like to speak on your family.}" "{I understand. However, this Sylvari is the one who was involved.}" Lady Shaylan's face shows the slightest hint of shock as her eyes move to Euthalia and then back to Hajira. "{It would upset your brother greatly if we were to assist her, would it not?}" "{It would upset him immensely, love.}" "{Then do what you need to do.}" "{Of course, love.}" Hajira bows curtly to Lady Shaylan and then turns back to Euthalia. "{The two of you are to inform Reice, the Barghest you met earlier, of where you are staying and remain there until further notice. Someone will come to meet you in no more than two days time with further instructions. This is an official order from the mayoral office of Refara's Sound. You are dismissed.}" She turns back to the table and lifts the tea cup to her lips. Calliope sat by waiting while things above her station were discussed, wondering what she had gotten herself involved in.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Turns out at least one of them wasn't a cat person after all. Then again, Calliope would also be a bit less charming if she went around knocking over antique vases, making messes, destroying pillows... She definitely had the better one, among the felines, for company.

Thanks to Hajira's perspective, she was looking at Shaylan through a new lens. Mostly one of 'how in the world did she become mayor to begin with?' though, as Shaylan's rudeness was increasingly baffling. The fact that they were discussing this in front of her didn't really help much either.

Wait. Hold. Daughter of her brother's former mistress... That was a long way around, but still awkward enough. Just like that, they'd both been made into peons into some sort of political game. Something that Euthalia wasn't sure what to feel about in the slightest. To a degree, though, it felt like Shaylan was at least helping them. Maybe? In her own roundabout way? Probably... “{Very well.}” She'd say, suppressing a sigh.

She'd nod to Calliope, signalling her it was time to leave. Before they could even tell Recie where they'd be staying, they'd need to find a place to be staying at for the next few days, after all. She doubted their current lodgings were counting on them to stick around for so long and she'd rather find a place with nicer soil.

Once they'd make it to the streets, she'd inform Calliope. “<We're asked to stay here for the next few days. The mayor will contact us again later, after we've informed the girl at the door where we'll be staying.>” She figured she'd... skip the politics. At least for now. It was not a topic she was eager to discuss much more than they already had. If at all... Then again, Calliope probably deserved to know at least one thing. “<They seem to know about my past and plan to use it in their political plays. They also don't seem to particularly respect your species and standing. Then again, that consort seemed to be trying to help us in her own way, so we might give them a chance. Just make sure to be weary and try not to be naïve.>” She wondered if Calliope could do the latter, or if she herself was even sceptical enough, but that'd be something only time could tell.

This time around, a sigh did escape her lips. “<Well, I guess we should find a place to stay for the next few days. Preferably a bit further inland, where the soil's nicer.>”

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure merchant potions villa s-4016339928.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope saw Euthalia's nod and caught on. "O-oh, alright, mmhhmm." She turned to the Fae and bowed her head. "It was a pleasure to meet you both, mmhhmm." Lady Shaylan ignored her, still focusing on the cat creature in the corner, but Hajira returned the gesture, though it was little more than a smile and curt nod. As the two left, they past the Barghest woman at small workstation. She smiled happily at them and waved. "{Thank you for visiting the Mayor's office here in beautiful Refara's Sound. Enjoy you're stay in the city.}" Calliope returned the waved, assuming what she was saying, which seemed to make the woman happy.

As they got outside and headed back into town proper, she took in Euthalia's words. "<Ah, I see. I admit I am not unfamiliar with such treatment, some of the noble houses of Ryke are less than amicable with Beastfolk, but they seemed pleasant enough, if not a little rough around the edges. But I am sorry you got dragged into something while you were here on my account. I know you don't like to talk about your past, but do you know what they might want from you? >" Her ears flattened at Euthalia's last words. She knew she wasn't acclimated to dealing with aristocracy or polotics, and she didn't want to disapoint Euthalia. She took a breath and let it go, her ears perking back up. "<Alright. I'll keep my eyes and ears open and do my best not to get caught in a slip up.>" She smiled reassuringly at Euthalia.

While the main attraction of the city lied high atop a cliff over looking the sea, much of the facilities sustaining the permanent residents lied below the cliff on the edge of the forest. Modest houses, shops, and taverns far from the glamorous counterparts high above. They were able to find lodging here and relayed such to Reice the following morning. That day was relatively uneventful, the two of them enjoying the city for what might have been their final day there, a strange unease hanging over them as they waited in anticipation. Calliope was glad to have Euthalia with her and was able to enjoy much of day anyway, resolutely pushing aside the tension when it bubbled up from within her.

Finally the next day, they were notified at breakfast that letters had arrived for them. They bore the seal of the city on their wax. Calliope cracked open the one addressed to "{Potion Crafter}" excitedly, but then frowned and her ears flattened. "<It's in Sylvan. I can't read it.>" Euthalia, however, had two, both addressed to her by name.

{Dear Potion Crafter,

In recognition of your services to the Mayor of Refara's Sound, you are hereby granted license to practice and trade within the city. in addition, you have been determined an asset and have received priority status. Please return to the Mayor's office at your convenience to finalize documentation and arrange for the purchase of a property. If you have any questions, please direct them to Reice in the Mayor's office. Welcome to Refara's Sound.

The Office of the Mayor}

{Euthalia,

Arrangements have been made for the return of your heartseed. The proceeding message will contain the details. I am happy with my place on the ladder, but I sense in you the potential for greatness. This is all I can do for you, but remember what I said. It takes people you can rely on. I hope you shall not forget my efforts when I must rely on you. Not to mention, things could always get better for your Neko friend. Things could also get worse. The Mayor's office of Refara's sound should like to consider you a friend. I would like that. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Sincerly,
Hajira

{To Euthalia Apricot, formerly Elderflower

Your case has been brought to review and It has been decided by the will of a special council that you have served your sentence. You are to return to the capitol at your convenience for the reunification of your heartseed. Announce yourself to the Church clerks where you will be assigned a handler and receive further instruction.

Korin Highleaf,
Steward of the See

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She'd politely greeted the Barghest (and told her they'd be back soon with a location due the mayor's command), having mixed feelings about what they'd gotten themselves into as they were walking. At least this wasn't totally new to Calliope. She'd feel a bit bad if she'd dragged the cat all the way here only for her to be disappointed by how folk treated her. “<Truthfully, I don't.>” She replied, as she honestly wasn't sure what they'd want from her at this point. “<Yet you needn't worry on my behalf. Somehow, I feel like things will work out in the end.>” She hoped that last part wasn't just naivety. Knowing Calliope would try to be tactful was a relief at least.

When they got their letters, she wanted to immediately read them all, but she decided to test her own patience by translating Calliope's letter first. “<{Dear Potion Crafter,

In recognition of your services to the Mayor of Refara's Sound, you are hereby granted license to practice and trade within the city. in addition, you have been determined an asset and have received priority status. Please return to the Mayor's office at your convenience to finalize documentation and arrange for the purchase of a property. If you have any questions, please direct them to Reice in the Mayor's office. Welcome to Refara's Sound.

The Office of the Mayor>”

She sighed. “<I guess it's good news, but they could at least bother to remember your name.>” She stated, not entirely sure what to make of these developments and whether they'd work out well enough in the long run. Calliope really needed to earn some more respect from people, it seemed, although she wasn't sure how that could be obtained.

That was a question for later though, for now, she read her own letters. “<Wait...>” She was stunned. This was not what she'd expected at all. “<She says she made arrangements to get my Heart's Seed restored, but... No way... Even if she'd clearly setting this up to earn future favours from me, it's just...>” She read the rest of her letter, but couldn't believe it. “<A friend or a pawn...>” She mumbled to herself, a sigh escaping her lips.

Then she checked the third letter. It looked a whole lot more official. However, her hands shook a bit, not daring to open it. Was this really it? Was she really going to get back what she'd lost? Somehow, she just couldn't find the strength to open it right now, afraid she'd just been tricked or something.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-3584377441.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
A mix of emotions flowed through Calliope as Euthalia read her letter. She was quite pleased with being an asset and the special status she recieved, but it sounded like she no longer had a choice on where she would practice. Though... She had already been considering the city... Maybe this wasn't actually that bad? Euthalia's comment peaked her curiosity. "<You know, I'm not sure I actually told them my name... I'm not sure they asked...>" She took the letter back from Euthalia and slid it into her journal, next to Regula's letter. She frowned as she looked at it, reminded of her continual failure to visit the Barony. "<Perhaps we can get this taken care of today... I'm not sure of the expeditiousness of fae bureaucracy.>"

Calliope watched, realizing Euthalia's hesitation, and instinctually taking her hand to comfort her and smiling. "<You must open it! Regardless of the outcome, you must see this through to an end, or you will be caught in it. Islwyn and Keone will be with you whole way to support you, I know they will. And... I will too, if you'll let me...>" Euthalia had done so much for Calliope, seemed to be opening so many doors for her, the Neko wanted to be of some use to her as well. Even if all she could do was stand by her in her moment of need.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“<I gave them your name when I introduced the two of us upon our first meeting. Perhaps I should've done so again later... or perhaps you should label your potion's with your name? Either way, the sooner they learn it and start to use it, the better.>” She replied, somehow feeling a bit irked by the fact that Calliope wasn't even getting recognised by name.

Writing that off, however, she replied to the next point. “<I think this shouldn't be too long. It can be slow, of course, but it seems they already made up their mind beforehand, so I'm expecting this to be an exception.>” Truthfully, it was probably the decision making that took the most time, but here, the decision had already been made.

She was surprised when Calliope suddenly grabbed her hand. Even more so by her supportive words. Somehow, despite knowing her for so much shorter, it already meant as much to her as if it'd been Islwyn or Keone. Perhaps... even slight more? How odd. With a deep, oxygen-rich sigh escaping her, she nodded. “<You're right, thank you.>”

With renewed courage, she opened the letter and read it aloud.

“<To Euthalia Apricot, formerly Elderflower

Your case has been brought to review and It has been decided by the will of a special council that you have served your sentence. You are to return to the capitol at your convenience for the reunification of your Heart's Seed. Announce yourself to the Church clerks where you will be assigned a handler and receive further instruction.

Korin Highleaf,
Steward of the See>”

She honestly barely believed what she'd read. Hajira had, somehow, really done it. How? No clue. Yet this was real. This was legitimate. After her horrible failure in meeting the Hero, she had lost a fair bit of hope to regain it, yet... this was her ticket to be made whole again. Just like that. “<I... I'll have to go quickly. The moment we've arranged things here, I'll have to leave for the capital.>” She realized. After all, delaying the restoration would be seen as a sign of disrespect and as a lack of desire. She technically needed to be there yesterday, so to speak. “<Truthfully, if it wasn't for the official documents, signatures, stamps and everything, I'd be convinced this was some crude prank...>”

1689011669981.png
Refara's Sound, The See
The two spent the rest of the day finishing their business and preparing for their journey to the capitol. Riece was more than happy to visit the property that Calliope and Euthalia had visited several days before, Euthalia acting as interpreter when Reice and Calliope struggled with each other's common. In only a few short hours Calliope had a deed and business license in hand, and a wide smile on her face, though she did her best not to forget the anxiousness Euthalia was likely feeling. Once everything was in order however, the difficult decision of how to reach the Bishri was touched upon. Calliope wanted Euthalia to take the portal to get there as soon as possible, but Euthalia refused to leave Calliope to travel the distance through the See alone. The sudden arrival of a couple from Widersia by airship solved the problem however, with the pilot agreeing to ferry Calliope and Mirabelle to the capitol while Euthalia took the portal. They said good bye and agreed to meet the following night in Bishri.

Euthalia watched as Calliope struggled to get her horse up the gang plank of the airship and quickly made her way to the towns portal. Some sort of commotion started in the distance behind her, but she was too focused to pay it any mind. Like everything in the town it was set up on a large circular platform over looking the water. It was old, much older than the shining city that surrounded it and appeared to have been relocated here. The base was cracked flag stone from some ancient structure or settlement, and it's dark grey coloration contrasted with the pinks and tans of the cities stone work. She waited as a family of dwarves dressed in the Duchy's finest fashion came through, then when the attendant gave the okay she stepped through. With a green flash, the 'paradise' vanished around her and was instantly replaced with the tall marble and chalcedony buildings of the fae capitol.

With a final coaxing and a sigh of frustration, Calliope pulled Mirabelle onto the airship and fastened her in place, pulling an apple out of her cart for the horse. While the horse nibbled, she turned and looked out into the crowd for Euthalia, but she had already left. Calliope sighed. IThe trip had been a mix of emotions, but over all she was glad she had come. And she was glad Euthalia had been the one to come with her. A festival seemed to be starting in the plaza where she had brewed the potion earlier in the week. People in large feathered costumes danced while musicians played strange songs on even stranger instruments. What an interesting place to call home. Home. She smiled at the thought. She had a future in the works, which she would return to building as soon as this business was handled. Or maybe this business was part of that future. It involved Euthalia after all. She toyyed with the thoughts while picking at a knot in the railing wood, when the pilot called they would be taking off. She braced and looked out over Refara's Sound as the dirigible passed over the middle of the city. Everything seemed beautiful.

Results Screen
Narrator Recomendations:
Note to Grader: RP Goal was for Calliope to receive [Potion Shop] Asset.

Euthalia
Title - [Advocate] Character has shown cunning and finesse when mediating for another. They can increase the odds of a positive interaction between people of differing social status.

Calliope
Title - [Meek] Character is not seen as a threat by others. They tend to be looked over, for better or worse.

ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Aftermath
Calliope's actions haven't gone unnoticed in the area, and neither has Euthalias asistance in the matter. The potion was delivered to the client and in return, the mayor offered to help with the potion shop or at least put in a good word.

Rewards
Calliope - 31 Points
Acquired Optional title [Meek] Character is not seen as a threat by others. They tend to be looked over, for better or worse.
Acquired Asset D grade potion shop (Described as a small townhouse with a potion making spot and a storefront.)

Euthalia - 21 Points
Acquired Optional title [Advocate] Character has shown cunning and finesse when mediating for another. They can increase the odds of a positive interaction between people of differing social status.

mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Elvario Elvario Novama Novama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back