• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It will follow Euthalia, the fallen debutante Sylvari on a quest for redemption, and Calliope, the small town Neko girl finding her place in the wider world, as they explore Refara's Sound, a small city in the south of the See that lies near one of it's larger bays. This is a closed RP. We are not taking on any more characters without my approval. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1687215548603.png
Refara's Sound, the See
As the suns final rays began there descent over the horizon, the lights of the city came on, ushering in the vibrant nightlife of the city as the merchants and artisans closed their businesses for the day. The taverns and eateries would be open later still, offering food, entertainment, and comfort for the cities denizens and the many tourists that frequented the exotic retreat. Even with the oncoming night, the air was warm with a cool breeze offsetting it pleasantly. The smell of flowers and spices permeated the air, the former adorning every rooftop and potted in front of every door, the latter infused with all cuisine being prepared for the guests, both local and foreign. Most of the pedestrians wore loose, flowing garments of colorful fabrics, many purchased right here in the city. All together it presented itself in a luxurious air, with the slight hint of unattainability, as if such a place existed only in one's hopes and desires.

This is the locale in which Euthalia and Calliope found themselves, heading down the main strip toward the dining district and the inn where they had made accommodations. Music spilled out of several smaller food venues along the way. The hanging lanterns began to turn on one by one, a strong system of magic in place to govern the cities amenities. The central part of the city, a large collection of many different shops and residences heaped together in one massive building with the deacon's chambers sitting at the top like a gem in a crown, had already lit up in all it's brilliance. The two found a seat at a table, Calliope excitedly choosing a table by the edge of the courtyard, only a stomach high stonework wall separating the two from the open air and the ocean far below.

Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Last edited by a moderator:
Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears girl fantasy adventure  pharaoh dress luxur s-3158391830.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope stared out over the water thinking about everything that had just occurred. The property they looked at was perfect, not so large that she would struggle to fill it, but with enough room to craft, peddle, and habitate comfortably. The town too was beautiful, unlike any where she had ever been and while intimidating at first, she had grown rather fond of it. But something about it all just seemed like a fool's hope, too good to be true. Could she really live in a place like this? Nothing was set in stone yet, she still needed to get in with the guild to have a steady income. And the town mayor was supposed to meet with them earlier, but their meeting had been cancelled without explanation. That was only a minor inconvenience however, they simply needed to discuss the steps Calliope would have to take to obtain the rights to sell in the city. It could be handled at a later time.

Calliope took a breath and turned to Euthalia, smiling. "I really love it here, mmhhmm. It's very prrretty, and exciting, mmhhmm. It seems to always be alive, like it has a life of it's own, mmhhmm. It is very different from my hometown, but I do not think that is a bad thing, mmhhmm. It is exactly the kind of place that I think would be beneficial for me to be, mmhhmm. But... Is it really okay for me to come here, hhhmmm? I've rarely ever left Ryke, mmhhmm. This place is so different from anywhere I ever imagined I'd be, mmhhmm. Is it okay to have such lofty aspirrrations, hhhmmm?" She was so happy the Sylvari woman had offered to show her this place, she never would have been able to come on her own. But maybe that wasn't the only reason she was happy Euthalia was there. "Sorry for making you wait on me to eat, mmhhmm. I'll join you on the patio tomorrow to make up for it, mmhhmm. It's nice that they had a room with a garden terrace, mmhhmm. I suppose they get a much more varied guest population, though, being so deep in the See, mmhhmm."

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

She'd been feeling rather demotivated after her humiliating meeting with the Hero. It'd been short and catastrophic. She couldn't even do much after the fact... Luckily enough, some of that foul mood started to fade when she reached Refara's Sound. It's views were as amazing as she remembered them to be, the city still as vibrant and lively otherwise. The only issue was that the soil here was hard as a rock and she wasn't too fond of renting a rooting spot, but she'd probably have to settle on doing so later. For now, however, she was just enjoying her reunion with the world's cutest cat. “You're not afraid of heights, I can see.” She'd comment, peering down the cliff. That'd be a long way down. She was a little more reserved about sitting close to the edge herself.

Their tasks thus far might not have been all that successful, but somehow, she hadn't given up hope just yet. It'd not been as catastrophic as with the Hero, after all. She also wasn't alone now. That helped. “I'd say it is.” She replied to both Calliope's questions. “Some might need to get used to a Beast working here, but considering you're not a Human or Construct, I think you'd fit in well enough eventually, especially as you've got enough skills to be recognised for your talents.”

“I guess...” She replied, to the comment about patio's. “Ah, sorry, I mean, I'd love your company. It's just that patio soil is often horrible. Artificially enriched garbage that'll sustain you, but without any quality to it. How did your species call that type of thing again... empty calories?” She stretched. “At least the sun is nice here, although I should make sure to drink. Normally I get water through my roots as well, but I feel like I'll need the extra moisture with this salty air all around us.”

She realised her topics might not be the most fun, so she tried thinking about something better. “<Oh, I know. Why don't we speak in Beastial for a bit? I'd like to practice more.>” She started, wanting to get a bit more of her accent gone. Just in case she'd even need to impress anyone with her knowledge of the language.

Calliope
1687404712374.png
Calliope beamed at Euthalia's words of praise. "Thank you, it is nice to be recognized, mmhhmm. Alright, then, mmhhmm. If you say it is fine for me to aspire for here, then I shall at least try, mmhhmm." It was true, when she looked around, the lack of non-fey was definitely noticeable. There were a few Beastfolk here and there, only a handful of humans, and next to no constructs.

Calliope Smiled and nodded at the request to speak in beastial, but she still thought about what Euthalia said about the patio soil. "<Hhhmmm. Where is your favorite place to root, hhhmmm? What sort of traits make for more... uhhhh... enjoyable soil, hhhmmm>?" Euthalia's nutritious needs were often on Calliope's mind. She had laid awake pondering if it would be possible to make a solution to meet her needs, or if that was something that would even be well received. She was still getting used to trying to consider things from Euthalia's perspective. "<The sun is rather wonderful here, though. It is quite the sight to watch it set over the sea. Is salt not good for you?>"

A tall slender figure with a large pair of curved horns approached the table. "Welcome distinguished guests. How might we serve you this evening?" Calliope smiles, delighted to see yet another type of Fae. "<Might you have any fish available this eveni-> Oh, mmhhmm! I'm sorry, mmhhmm. I mean, is there any fish being served tonight, hhhmmm? If so, I would like a plate of that and a mug of the house mead, please, mmhhmm." The woman smiles and bows ever so slightly to Calliope. "Of course. And for your paramour?" Calliope looks at her confused for a brief moment before the woman gestures to Euthalia. Calliope looks at Euthalia, then back at the woman, then Euthalia again. "Paramour...? <I am not familiar with this word.> Paramour. <I'm afraid I don't know how to respond as I don't understand the question. Do you understand it's meaning? Can you explain it to me?>"

1687409463074.png

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was a bit surprised at the question. Non-rooting folk normally didn't bother with such things, as it was too difficult for them to comprehend any of it to begin with. She felt inclined to brush it off for that reason, but Calliope's question sounded oddly genuine, so she figured she'd humour her. “<I once had some {volcanic soil} ehm... hot earth... no... fire mountain..?> ” She couldn't, for the life of her, recall the Beastial for it. “The soil from near a volcano.” She eventually said in common. “<It was something I never experienced before, probably one of the most exiting soil types. I really wonder what the soil would be like in its natural form, when it's not dug up and imported.>”

Then again, that was on outlier. “<In general though, I like the soil in temperate forests. Not the jungle ones, where all the other plants already took out all the minerals, but the ones where the deciduous trees are part of a system with lots of organic topsoil that lets many minerals sink into it. I also prefer clay over sand, as it holds water and minerals better, although that also makes it more dangerous near industry, as clay soil is more often stuck with iron remnants and whatnot, in ways that aren't natural, or worse, there's no worse feeling than realising you're rooted in a place someone dropped their oil lantern or where there's natural oil... Also, ideally, I prefer fairly moist soil, with not too much salt or acidity. That makes it a lot quicker, nicer and easier to take in nutrients.>” She realised she'd already spoken a lot, even though there was even more to it, she'd not go too overboard. “<Well... that ehm... covers the basics.>”

The sun was an easier part. “<Yes, it's ideal. Not too bright to get shrivelled, bright enough to photosynthesis. It's great. Although the salt... I think our species tends to dry out a bit easier than most, but it's mostly the soil. When the soil around our roots is saltier than the insides, it's very difficult to take in water and with it, nutrients.>”

She watched the waitress arrive and just greeted her with a smile. Calliope was already replying. She chuckled a bit at the cat ordering fish. She couldn't blame her, but some stereotypes were humours to see confirmed. However, that chuckle turned into a bit of a dark-green blush at the next. “{I've long left such days behind me.}” She'd reply in Sylvan, recalling some of her youthful escapes with mixed shame, embarrassment and perhaps a tad bit of fondness regardless. “<I can try to explain it later.>” She figured that might be the best response for now, not wishing to make too much of an embarrassing scene. “I'd just like a glass of water please, although if you've got some glacier water from the Paizu Mountains, that would be great.” The mountain's minerals, mixed in with the glacier water that'd stream down them, was by far one of the better waters to go for on days like these.

She's then turn to Calliope again. “<That reminds me, have you thought about learning Sylvan? You'll likely need it if you start working here. Not everyone will speak Common and some might simply respect you more if you can speak their native tongue.>”

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-1509840636.png

Calliope listened intently. This was facinating and Euthalia was giving her way more then she had hoped. It would be rude to take notes, though. So she'd have to jot this all down from memory when she was alone later. "<I see. Thank you for sharing that with me. I hope I do not come off too cold or impersonal. While it's true I am curious of and intrigued by you, I really just want to know more about you. How you see and experience the world.>" She smiled a friendly smile at Euthalia.
Calliope gave Euthalia a quizzical look as she postponed the explanation, but didn't press. However, she perked up a bit at the next question.
"<I have thought about learning Sylvan! I even glanced through a book of common Sylvan words and phrases. I believe I remember one. Let me think, it was... {Now is the time when it is to be night soon and it must be pleasant!} That's 'Good evening!', right?>" Calliope looked at Euthalia expectantly, a proud smile on her face.

A moment later the server returned with their drinks, both served in rather elaborate glassware. Calliope looked at it, amused.
"<This place is so unapologetically lavish! I'll have to bring my brothers and sister here or they'll never believe me that such a place exists!>" As she lifted her glass for closer inspection, her attention was suddenly drawn to a loud, heated discussion taking place not too far from them. {WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE PARCEL WAS DELAYED?!} {Well, Shaylan, as I informed you, the courier had to stop in Helias on their route, and they were in the city when the East Empire's siege started.} {SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THE HEALING POTION?!} {First you need to calm down. Take a deep breath. We can't come up with a solution if you aren't thinking clearly.} {HOW CAN I THINK CLEA-} {Shaylan. Don't make me say it again.} {... Yes dear} Calliope tried not to stare, but couldn't help but be drawn in by the spectacle of the situation. Standing just on their side of the main street was a large winged quadrupedal creature of some kind, and a rather unassuming looking woman with elongated facial features. Others had clearly succumbed to curiosity themselves, however none of the Fae seemed to notice, or mind, as if this was a common occurrence.
1687508412265.png

1687508998795.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was surprised. Calliope actually seemed to care to hear her ramble about soil. That was shocking, yet also surprisingly flattering. “<No problem, you're welcome... I... I don't think I've ever heard any non-plant based person sound so genuinely interested in such things, except for maybe that one gardener that kept pestering me...>” She shook it off. “<Anyhow, I'd be glad to inform you~>”

She couldn't suppress a laugh at Calliope's attempted Sylvan. “<Ah, my apologies. I mean, you're technically saying good evening, but folk would assume you're doing so in a Sylvan remake of some ancient Terran theatre play. A simple {good evening.} would suffice, or if you'd want to be Sylvari specific {may you root in fertile soil} would work. Don't worry, I'd be honoured to teach you more.>” She was quick to add the latter, not wanting to discourage the cat too much.

Although she knew Calliope had siblings, she was surprised to hear about them again. “<What are they like, your siblings?>” She asked, trying to imagine smaller versions of Calliope. It was rather endearing.

The endearing thought was brutally interrupted by a rather loud conversation. She couldn't abstain from listening to it even if she'd wanted too, but luckily, it proved to have some very useful information in it. “<It sounds like you'll have your first job soon. Have you ever made healing potions before? They're in need of one and it sounds somewhat urgent.>”

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-271633423.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope smiled warmly at Euthalia. It seemed funny to the Neko that only plant-based people took in an interest in plant-based matters. She would learn everything she would ever need to know about herself just by being herself. It was Euthalia and others like her she was interested in knowing more about.

Her smile was short lived however as Euthalia informed her of the results of her efforts in learning sylvan. She blushed and looked embarrassed, but even that didn't last long as Euthalia was supportive and informative. She took another drink, then laughed lightly."<Careful with your offer, I am very liable to take you up on that.>"

The sudden question about her siblings caught her off guard, but it was not an uncomfortable topic. "<Oh, my siblings? Well, I am one in a set of triplets, along with my two brothers. Nekos often have multiples, so it is very common for us to be twins or triplets. Jeremiah runs the bar at the tavern in my hometown. Well, I say THE tavern, it is merely the largest and most successful. My brother, Titus, however... He's a bit of a sore spot to the family. He comes and goes as he pleases often gone for weeks without telling anyone he's going. And he's always making bad investments. Strange people come by looking for him, the sort who don't seem friendly. Even though I am no longer there to deal with it, it frustrates me that my parents have to. I hope things get better for him, but he refuses to change his behavior. Where would I be if I continued to make the same bad potion over and over again?>" She took another, longer drink and sighed. "<Sorry, I did not mean to get so heated. I also have two younger siblings. Twins. My younger sister, Abena, is learning to run our family's bakery and will probably take it over. She is who I am probably the closest with, we played and worked together a lot when we were younger. My younger brother, Muharriq, is fascinated with music. He has been collecting traditional Neko folk songs and incorporating them into new musical pieces using modern instruments and song writing techniques. He is brilliant and will one day in the many capitols of the world I know it.>" She smiled fondly, remembering her family, most of them happy memories.

Calliope looked at Euthalia curiously as she spoke until she mentioned needing a healing potion urgently. "<What?! Of course, I can prepare healing potions quite well, I just would need to get a few things out of my cart.>" She got up quickly and made her way over to the pair. "Uhm, hhhmmm? E-excuse me, i-is someone injured, hhhmmm? I overheard you were in need of a healing potion, mmhhmm. I can assist with that, mmhhmm. I am an apothecary, mmhhmm." The winged quadruped looked at her dismissively, then turned to her companion. "{Why is the animal speaking to me? What is it saying?}" The woman frowned at her and narrowed her eyes. "{Beastfolk, not animal. A neko... I believe. She is offering to help with the potion.}" "{What could she possibly do to help?}" "{She says she is an apothecary. Perhaps she can brew one for you?}" "{Then have her do that!}" "{Lower your tone with me.} {Sorry, dear...} The woman turns to Calliope and smiles coldly. "Girl. Lady Shaylan, Mayor of Refara's Sound, and Deacon of the See demands your assistance. We were expecting a potion to arrive by messenger today, but it has been delayed indefinitely. A simple concoction of holly's head and url root. It would not be difficult to acquire another, but Lady Shaylan believes time is of the utmost importance. Are you capable of such a task?"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She smiled. “<I wouldn't make an offer if I didn't want you to take me up on it~>” Language lessons with the Neko were definitely sounding like a fun way to spent some time.

She was a bit surprised by the overwhelming amount of information she got from Calliope. “<I'm surprised you know all of them so well.>” She stated, especially after hearing how heated Calliope had gotten about this Titus and how passionate she'd sounded about Abena and Muharriq. Euthalia herself wasn't even sure how many siblings or half-siblings she had, she just knew that she likely had more than the few of them that she did know by name.

Euthalia was a bit surprised when her comment made Calliope jump up immediately. That was not the intention... she'd wanted to at least discuss a strategy, perhaps introduce Calliope in some way, but nope... Calliope was already rushing over. She sighed, standing up to follow after Calliope. Upon spotting their reactions, which were exactly as one might expect, she figured she'd have to cover for the cat.

“{My apologies for my companion, she gets rather eager to help when she learns her talents might be needed, which leads her to jump into things without proper procedure, as you have just witnessed. I'll try to teach her to do better.}” She spoke, giving a bow to the both of them. “{If you'd allow me, I am Euthalia Apricot, humble messenger of the See. She is Calliope, a Beast alchemist who's talents I can personally vouch for.}” She hoped that'd straighten a few things out.

“{Of course, the two of us would be honoured to be at your service.}” She stated, after hearing the request made to Calliope. She surely hoped Calliope wasn't hoping to be treated nicely. Perhaps she should've warned the girl more that politics were often like this? Possibly, but that'd be too late now. The best she could do was hope that Calliope could keep up with the flow.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes shop s-1534958821.png
Calliope looked at Euthalia quizzically upon hearing her remark about her siblings. "<Of course I know them well, they are my family. Why does that surprise you?>" She took another drink while she waited for Euthalia's reply. The mead was very good, a very strong honey taste present through out.

Calliope was about to answer when Euthalia stepped up and responded to the strange pair in Sylvan. She tried to listen along but quickly realized she had no idea what was being said, so she waited for the three Fae to finish.

The quadruped, who the woman referred to as Lady Shaylan, spoke first. "{Oh? Is this one yours then? Yes, please do teach her manners.}" The woman frowned and turned to Shaylan. "{I do not believe she meant that the beastwoman was a slave or pet. Merely a friend. You need to break this perspective of yours on the beasts, they make up a large percentage of our guests each day.}" The woman turned back to Euthalia. "{My name is Hajira, I am Lady Shaylan's personal assistant and consort. If you intend to offer your services alongside this beast then I shall speak to you. I will not utter the common tongue more than is necessary. I have given her the details, once the job is completed bring the potion to the Mayoral residence.}" She turns and points to the top of the large building conglomeration. "{There. You can reach it via a stairway at the building core. You will be expected. That is all.}" She turns back to Lady Shaylan, resting a hand on her back. "{Come, love, let us retire for now. We can await the potion at home.}" Shaylan spreads and flaps hr wings once before returning them to her back. "{Yes, dear.}"

Calliope watched as the two departed, quite confused. She turned to Euthalia, unsuredly. "<Uhhh... What just happened? I-I am supposed to make the potion she detailed, yes?>"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“<Oh, it's just... It's not that common for my species to know many of our siblings ,or even our parents all that well. One of the few reasons I knew my mother was that I was raised in her house, which isn't always the case, but, well, I might explain later. We've got other things to do now.>” It was a bit too much of a long and complex story for now.

As for the two woman, she wasn't sure how to respond to Calliope being called 'hers' just like that. She definitely started growing a desire to make Calliope hers, but probably not in the way Lady Shalyan meant it. Luckily enough, the other woman explained things before she was forced to do so. “{But of course.}” She'd politely reply, with a short bow. After all her years in these circles, she'd learned that less is more. The less she spoke, the less chances she had to slip up, the more chance there was at leaving a good impression. “{We shall deliver it as soon as possible.}”

As they left, she let out a sigh. “<I didn't miss that part about politics...>” She mumbled, then turned to Calliope. “<Yes, we're supposed to make it and deliver it at the Mayoral residence over there. The quadruped woman was the mayor we've been looking for, by the way, Lady Shaylan. The other was her assistant, Hajira. It's seems like we had some luck on our side after all. Assuming we'll be able to make that healing potion, otherwise we might be in trouble.>” She filled in Calliope, hoping that they hadn't over-promised something. “<On the topic of making it... where do we start?>”

Calliope
1687816862346.png
Calliope listened intently as Euthalia spoke. "<Ah, I see. I have everything necessary in my cart. It is strange, those ingredients are rather mild. If that was the potion required, the injury must not be very substantial. Though I suppose it is not for me to question. Alright, we'll need somewhere to set up. I can craft the potion on the cart itself, but there wouldn't be enough room in the tiny stall it's currently parked in, so we'll have to take it to a side street or somewhere out of the way.>" A slight growl came from Calliope's stomach, and she blushed. "<That's right, the food. Do you think we have time for me to eat real quick? No, we should probably get started on this immediately if it's as urgent as they say.>" She sighed and placed a few coins on the table to cover the food and drink, then walked to the center of the plaza. "<Alright, let's see... Oh, there!>" She pointed to a small out of the way alley, that few people were traveling through. "<That might work. Do you think the businesses would mind us using that spot?>" She was still unsure about what she should or shouldn't be doing here, and without a way to communicate with everyone, she was even more lost. She looked to Euthalia, the Sylvari's presence a beacon in a storm of unfamiliarity.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was a bit surprised to hear the healing potion seemed simple, as that would indeed contradict the urgency. “<Apparently the original was delayed due to the courier stopping by in Helias when the East Empire started to siege it. Honestly, if I had to guess, the fact that the mayor is acting irrational and allows herself to be talked down by her own consort is unusual enough. Even if it's nothing serious, whatever her condition might be going on, it's seriously impacting her ability to do her duties. That alone might explain the urgency..>” She'd reached a logical assumption.

As for the food, there was an easy enough solution for that. “{Excuse me.}” She'd wave over the waitress. “{Could we take the dinner to go? Something urgent came up.}” She'd say, handing over a generous tip (Wealth F) for the trouble. That should let the kitten have her fish and eat it. The setting would be a bit less ideal, but such was life.

Truthfully, she laughed a little. “<I'm afraid we'd block up the entire alley with the cart, wouldn't we? It'd be bad if someone needed to go through. How about we just brazenly place it at the centre of the plaza. We're working for the mayor herself and can claim we've got permission. The results of our potion will likely make good there. Meanwhile, having folk see you at work would be the most excellent promotion for your craft that you could get. You'd just need to make sure not to get any stage freight.>”

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl older short orange hair blue eyes curious wo s-378083934.png
Calliope watched curiously as Euthalia spoke to the server, then turned red as she caught on to what was happening. She would never have had the confidence to do something like that herself, but she smiled happily. "<Th-thank you, Euthalia.>" She beamed as the server handed her the parcel of food.

Calliope's eyes went wide at Euthalia's suggestion, her tail and ears standing near straight up."<Surely you jest! In the middle of the plaza?... I... b-but... Could we really do that? It's true we are fulfilling a request for the Mayor... O-okay. If you think it is an acceptable thing to do, I shall trust you.>" She smiled at Euthalia. "<I think I should be fine on the stage fright. I often give small demonstrations in the towns I visit, though they are much smaller than this. I haven't frozen up during one of those yet, so I can handle this.>" She clenched her fists in determination. She would show Euthalia how capable she was. "<All right. Let's go grab my cart and Mirabelle. Before I lose my nerve.>"

As Calliope approaches the stables, two stable hands are sitting playing a game of some sort. She walks toward them slowly, searching her pockets for the holding pin receipt she received earlier. Upon finding it, she clutched it in her hand and addressed the pair. "Uh... Uhm... E-excuse me, hhhmmm? I need to retrieve my cart and Mira-my horse, mmhhmm. Her is the receipt with the pin number and ownership claim, mmhhmm." The boy facing away from her, a young elf of some sort turns to look at her before returning to the game. The other doesn't even lift his gaze from the board. Calliope shifts nervously, but tries to assert herself. "E-excuse me please, mmhhmm. I need my horse and cart, mmhhmm." The elf that eyed her earlier speaks, but doesn't turn to her again. "Yeah, we shall get to it in a moment, just wait patiently." He mutters to his friend. "{Damned tourists, can't even speak the language. Must be nice, having the coin to step away from the world whenever you feel like it.}" His friend smirks, still looking over the board.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

With their fish-to-go obtained, she managed to convince Calliope to set up show where it'd be most visible. A smile formed across her lips. “<Good, then I'll be sure you can give folk the show of a life-time.>” She'd say with a wink. However, her mood diminished a tad bit. Mirabelle. The horse. A plant-eating creature. It reminded her of the time another horse had nearly bitten her hand off. She wasn't eager for a repeat.

She'd approach the stables, but kept a fair distance. No need to get within munching range of any horses. She was a set of [Walking Ingredients] not [Walking Food] after all. That said, she got closer when she noticed how Calliope got treated. It annoyed her.

“{It certainly is, but you know, the thing about having such coin is that you need to earn it first. I can tell you already, you definitely won't do so by being rude to tourists, the ones most likely to tip a good service and file a complaint against a bad one.}” She'd state with a bit of a malicious smile, her words backed by a surprisingly hostile version of [To Lead and Inspire!].

[To Lead and Inspire!] – Connect E (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-1227659942.png
The elf boy who spoke to Calliope quickly stands up and turns his attention to the pair. "{Oh, s-sorry, I didn't know she was with you. N-not that that should matter. I mean...}" He turned to Calliope "I'll take that ticket ma'am. We'll your horse and cart right out." Calliope looked at Euthalia quizzically a slight smile on her face. "<What did you say to him?>"

Calliope led the cart down the alley ways and toward the plaza. Her nerves were on end, the voice in her screaming at her to find another location or turn around. But when she turned and looked at Euthalia, it all quieted. Maybe they would get in trouble. But She knew Euthalia would be right there beside her. Any time they had been together, the sylvari woman had had her back. Why should this be any different? She realized she had been staring for a few seconds and turned back, blushing. Everything would be fine. They would make the potion in the plaza and deliver it to the mayor's abode, and the two would be able leave trouble free.

The sun had gone down by the time they reached the plaza, the crowds mostly dispersed or occupying one of the many eateries seating areas. A few street performers were out and about, entertaining the tourists. Calliope pulled up and halted Mirabelle, stepping on the wooden brakes designed to secure the wheels in place. She lifted the rolling slats on the side of the cart, opening up the inside for all to see, then lit two small decorative hanging lanterns that hung from the corners of the carts awning, illuminating the work space. With a small click, she unlatched the sign on the side of the cart, allowing it to unfold and display her brand. CALLIOPE'S SALVES AND TONICS. With her cart set up for spectators, she went around tot he back and lowered the side of the cart to reveal an apothecary cabinet, checking to make sure she had the needed ingredients. Finally, she set up equipment built into the cart, unfolding, fastening, and twisting apparatuses into place. She smiled as she looked over it all, never imagining she would be set up in a place like this. She smiled at Euthalia. "<I believe I am ready, though the crowd seems to have died down. Regardless, the work should speak for itself. I'll make sure the potion is flawless.>"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was glad the folk quickly gave way. Perhaps she'd been a bit too much of a Karen too strict with them, but at least they'd gotten what they wanted without much issues now. As for what she'd told him, she'd smile at Calliope. “<Only the necessary. I'll teach you someday.>” She teased, giving Calliope another reason to seriously learn Sylvan.

The entire trip, she kept a good distance from the horse. She wasn't trusting it. At all. That said, so long as Calliope was between her and the horse, she'd be fine. Or so she hoped.

Truthfully, looking at the cart, one would assume this was Calliope's usual modus operandi. Everything about it felt almost like it'd fit on a market fair. “<I'll leave you to it, just focus on the job and it'll be fine.>” She gave Calliope a few encouraging words.

Calliope
1688201919277.png

Languages: Common | <Bestial>
Calliope smiled at Euthalia's encouraging words and took a deep breath, pushing her remaining worries aside for now. She could do this in her sleep. A few passersby stopped to see what was happening, the fully set up cart sticking out in the middle of the plaza. The potion wouldn't take long to craft, unlike before when she actually had to test and determine the ingredients, she merely needed to finish the concoction here. She pulled a few small boxes from a cabinet in her cart and handed them to Euthalia, each containing a dozen small vials of colorful fluids, followed by a few loose vials of pitch black liquids. "<Those are potions of hair coloration. Each vial should last about five minutes. Would you hand them out to anyone who wants one? Those last vials are potions of minor pyrotechnics. If you're up to it, you can use them to entertain the crowd. They too, will last about five minutes.>" She smiled at Euthalia, then began to work. It was a simple potion and the ingredients were easy to work with. Their was little chance of failure, though the amount of steps were quite numerous, the url root needing to be prepared a certain way before it was active. It was difficult to see the crowd beyond the equipment while she kept busy, unsure of how many were being drawn in. But she was doing good work, work that would please the Mayoral office, and that was what mattered. She partook of her fish dinner while she worked, keeping it on the right side of her cart while the potion making material were on the left. She had spent many evenings working under such conditions, she knew what she was doing. After nearly thirty minutes, she held up a silvery concoction in a diamond shaped bottle. She turned to Euthalia smiling. "<It is done.>"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was a surprised when Calliope handed her all sorts of vials of... hair dye? She wondered if there were Fae that were interested in such things. Most had the magic and illusions to change their appearance at will, but perhaps those who didn't might want some dyes? As for the pyrotechnics... those she politely put away again. Pyrotechnics as a plant wasn't a solid combination. She also figured that would be pushing things too much, as they'd still need to show some sign of respect to this place and its authorities. Fireworks would definitely be a bridge too far no matter how you'd push it.

As for the vials, “{Islwyn, would you...}” Ah. Right. No Islwyn. She clicked her tongue. This was definitely the type of thing she'd have Iswlyn do. Or Keone. Wait, why was that again? She recalled having her friends do this these kinds of things since forever. Engaging with the commoners. Ah... right. Her old mindset. She held the vials and stared at them for a bit. After all this time, had she really changed that little? Did she still deem this type of task to be 'below' her standing? Part of her did. She didn't like that part.

Putting up her best smile, she'd head over to some of the few folk interested. “{If you'd like, you could try these. They'll give your hair a brighter colour for the next few minutes~}” She'd offer. She wasn't exactly a natural at it, but she did have some [Persuasion F] to her.

When she finished up, she sighed. “<That was not something I thought I'd be doing today or anytime soon.>” With the potion done, she nodded. “<Great, then let's go deliver it... Ah, by the way, it's vital that you hand it over yourself. Alright?>” She knew how some Fae functioned, which might have them try to get it through Euthalia, yet she wanted Calliope to get the credit here. It's why she thought it worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-3374215156.png

Calliope smiled as she watched Euthalia hand out the potions. Sometimes the Sylavri was so dignified that she felt like she was in another realm from Calliope. But watching Euthalia try her best at something she clearly did not want to do brought her back within reach of the Neko. And she wanted Euthalia within reach. With a stifled laugh and a slight blush at the thought, she returned to the task at hand.

She gave Euthalia a curious look at the suggestion she hand over the potion, but deferred to her knowledge of the Fae."<Of course. If you think that is best. Let me break down the cart... and return it to the holding pin... then we can head to the Mayor office.>" She smiled and began to get to work getting the cart ready to move.

A short while later, with the cart put away, they made their way to the Mayor's abode. Calliope was certain the city would be near empty at this point it almost seemed like there were now even more people out. "<I-is this normal? The small towns I frequent rarely have foot traffic or business after dark. Even in the larger cities of Ryke, the streets empty after the sun goes down, moving all the travelers to inns and taverns. But here it seems like the city stays awake at all hours.>" It was kind of nice and fun. The idea excited calliope

The large building was a new experience for Calliope as well. A small 'corridor', which was little more than the vacant space between domiciles led to a stairway that climbed several stories before ending at an out side patio entrance to a moderately sized manse. Calliope stood nervously for a moment, collecting herself, then rang the bell posted on the wall. A moment later the door opened and a tall woman with dark hair, piercing red eyes, and the ears and tail of a wild dog opened the door. To Calliope she almost seemed another Beastfolk, but Euthalia would recognize her as a Barghest, a Fae rumored to be ann ill omen. She looked over the two standing on the porch for a moment. "{Hmmmmm... Could you be the two the lady said she was expecting?}" She looks at her hand and then back Calliope and Euthalia. "{Seems like it. One Sylavri and an Ani..}" She suddenly sees Calliope as if she's noticing her for the first time. "I am so sorry. Where'r my manners? Hellllloooooo. You are here. Here. To deliver. A POTION, right?" She gesticulates wildly while speaking to Calliope and nods encouragingly at her. Calliope looks at her strangely and turns to Euthalia for reassurance before facing the woman again. "Uuhhmmm... Yes, hhhmmm? Th-that is why I am here, mmhhmm." The woman smiles and folds her arms to contain herself, turning to Euthalia. "{Oh my god she is too precious. Where did you find her? Oh, sorry, right, you're here on business. The lady and Haj are straight back in the sitting room enjoying tea. They're expecting you, just go on back.}" She steps aside allowing the pair entry into the house, smiling warmly at Calliope again.

The mayor and Hajira sat at a small refreshment table, Hajira in a lavish padded chair, Lady Shaylan on a large expensive looking cushion. "{Ah they're back. Finally! Do they have what we asked for?}" Lady Shaylan watched but did not move from her spot. Hajira took a sip of tea and responded in a curt manner. "{I do not know, love. I know no more than you do at this juncture.}" "{THEN ASK THEM}" "{Shaylan.}" "{Please...}" Hajira raises her gaze to Calliope and Euthalia. "{Did you complete the task set to you?}" Calliope looks to Euthalia.

1688363379850.png
1688363289873.png

1688363331952.png

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“<It depends on where you are.>” She replied. “<I've visited some Satyr village with Islwyn before and... well... let's just say it's at its liveliest at night until early morning and that you barely see anyone around until later in the afternoon, even though they're not supposed to be nocturnal.>” Satyr parties were a death sentence for those unaccustomed to how long those could keep going. “<Although I'd estimate it's mostly more touristic places like this, where people keep up until late into the night.>”

Greeted by a Barghest. That was a good start. Luckily, Euthalia wasn't all that superstitious. Then again, she did feel a bit of annoyance at the overly simplified speaking. Was this Barghest catastrophic at common, or was she assuming that Calliope was? Euthalia wasn't sure, but she didn't have time to ask, as the woman addressed her next. “{That she is.}” They could at least agree on the precious part. “{Alright, thank you.}” She replied, deciding she might as well try to keep it short and professional with the Barghest woman. Truthfully, she reminded her a bit of the Beast that'd tried kidnapping Calliope, despite being different species, which wasn't the best memory.

The mayor and her consort were another matter. They acted... more chaotic than expected. She had to resist the urge to say 'we're standing right here, you know' and instead put on her best act, stepping a bit back to give Calliope the spotlight, even though she was the one addressed. With some natural (persuasion F) to her voice, she took on the job of a translator and addressed Calliope. “<She wished to know if you completed the task.>” She stated, ensuring to use Beastial rather than common, so that both could speak in their native tongue and be on more equal footing with her as their intermediary. Hopefully, Calliope would pick up on that and reply in Beastial as well.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-1197308772.png

Calliope smiled at Euthalia's story "<Oh, that sounds fun! Maybe we should visit one of those next time! Maybe bring her and Keone with us, I'd love to see them both again!>" She started to laugh, but her eyes went wide as she suddenly realized what she had said. "<I-I mean, if we ever do this again. I'm not expecting you to tour the whole See with me! U-unless you wanted to, of course, I wouldn't say no either! I mean... Uh...>" She took a deep breath and calmed herself, losing the shade of red that begun to grow. Once she was calm she turned to Euthalia and smiled. "<Thank you. For coming here with me. I'm having a very good time, and I would love to go somewhere with you again sometime. That is what I am trying to say.>"

Calliope turned back to Hajira, not picking up on Euthalia's guile. "Oh, ummm, y-yes, mmhhmm. I have it right here, mmhhmm." She did remember that Euthalia said Calliope should be the one to hand it over so she stepeed toward the woman and held it out. The woman looked at it and smiled, but made no effort to touch it. Instead she turned to back to Lady Shaylan. "{It appears she has done as you asked. Take her to administer the potion, I would like to have a word with the Sylvari.}" Lady Shaylan frown. "{If I go with her, I'll have to speak common!}" "{You'll do fine love. I'll explain it to her before you go.}" "{Fine...}" Hajira turns back to Calliope smiling. "You'll have to administer the potion yourself. Lady Shaylan's paws are not dexterous enough to do so herself and I won't deign to do it myself. Follow Lady Shaylan." The sphinx stood and began to walk out of the room. Calliope smiled nervously and looked between her and Euthalia. "Follow!" Calliope jumped and quickly moved to go with her out of the room. "Of course, mmhhmm. Sorry, mmhhmm."

As the two left the room, Hajira turned back to Euthalia. "{You. Earlier in the plaza, I thought I recognized you. And just then, as you entered the room, I was sure I have seen you before. You said you were a messenger? I have seen hundreds... thousands of messengers in my time. Tell me, what is so special about you that I should remember the face of a mere messenger?}" She looked at Euthalia curiously, awaiting a satisfactory reply.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Her feelings about visiting a Satyr village were mixed. Yes, they were fun, but they were often far more 'fun' than the average person could handle. “<That would be nice, but you'd have to brace yourself. Satyrs aren't known for being shy or subtle in their advances.>” That was probably the first and foremost warning she should give Calliope. The rest could follow later. That said, she was surprised by Calliope's sudden bashfulness. “<I convinced you to come visit, so the least I could do is show you around the place, right? There are many more great places worthy of a visit~>” She replied with a smile. “<Besides, I'm having a great time as well!>”

Her attempt at being clever failed, as Calliope didn't catch up on it. That was a shame. Even so, at least Calliope remembered the importance of handing it over herself. That'd make it all the more clear who's work and efforts needed to be appreciated. To Euthalia's surprise, the consort seemed to be on their side. Not only that, she seemed to be talking back to the mayor, which was rather baffling to Euthalia. Why was the consort treating the mayor as if she were the pet here? On the topic of 'feeding' a potion, things got even more confusing. Did Hajira just say she wouldn't deign to do that herself? Was this person somehow ranked above Lady Shaylan, despite being her consort? This was growing more and more confusing by the minute. She hoped Calliope would be alright, but whether it was Calliope's fate or the relation between Hajira and Shaylan, Euthalia had little time to keep pondering about it, as she was suddenly addressed by Hajira.

The question left her silent for a bit, as she debated what felt like a thousand scenario's arising, based on how she could react to that sudden inquiry. However, most of them led back to the fact that Hajira would likely figure out the 'truth' sooner or later, which meant it would be easiest to start explaining it herself. “{You might have known me from before I started working as a humble messenger. I had the honour to be raised by Euphrosyne Elderflower, whom also grew the flower from which I grew.}” (In other words, the Cardinal, her mother.) “{I happened to want to follow in her footsteps after my saplinghood and was therefore raised by her. After a certain incident, I had my Heart's Seed taken and ended up working as a humble messenger instead, after which I took on my pollinator's}” (the one who acted as a father during the pollination, normally someone most Sylvari wouldn't know much about) “{surname, Apricot. Perhaps you might recognise her name as well, as she's known somewhat for her battle against the East Empire, especially after it flared up again recently.}”

Truthfully, saying all this gave her some heavily mixed feelings. It wasn't too common to be in close contact with parents, as Sylvari saplings were often raised communally up until they could chose a person who's job they wished to learn, after which they'd be raised and trained by them, rather than by parents. Her choice had simply been her own mother's profession. Meanwhile, she had always looked up to her pollinator as a war veteran, similar to how she looked up to the See Hero's. Even so, her current position didn't exactly do her family proud, nor was it common for Sylvari to know their family well to begin with, two reasons to not really feel comfortable talking about this subject. When she asked the next question, she thoroughly meant it. “{I hope that satisfies your curiosity?}”

Hajira
1688571556283.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvari}
The woman's expression momentarily turned to shock for only the briefest instance as Euthalia spoke, then hardened into a cold smile. She waited patiently for Euthalia to finish before speaking herself. "{Ah. I see. It does satisfy my curiosity. I remember you. I remember you quite well. Shaylan often has business in the capitol, and I accompany her where I am able. I admit, I didn't notice you until the commotion started. You caused quite a stir before, mixing business and pleasure...}" She glances in the direction that Shaylan and Calliope had just left, grinning maliciously. "{Not repeating the same mistake, are we?} <The cat may not be clever enough to catch on, but I am.>" She takes a sip of her tea, slowly, and set the cup down daintly. She gestures toward the table. "{Would you join me while we wait?}"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Hajira StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Truthfully, she wasn't too impressed. If Hajira remembered her quite well, she wouldn't have needed to ask her to retell any of this. The cold smile didn't help either. She had absolutely no desire to respond to any of this. Part herself felt a desire to defend herself, stating how having fun was not that uncommon. Part of her wanted to stress how it'd been a set-up. Most of her knew she'd indeed been foolish to fall for it and go along with the flow.

A hint of anger flared up when the woman spoke in Beastial, as if to test her. “{I've learned more than enough from my past mistakes.}” She eventually replied. That was the most respectful answer she was capable of giving right now. As she gestured to the table, Euthalia couldn't help let out a small sigh. “{As you wish.}” She purposefully avoided speaking back in Beastial. Even so, she did her best to be at least modicum of polite. After all, she couldn't pin down just who or what this lady was, but the fact that she talked down on a mayor was still stuck in the back of Euthalia's mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back