• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I want to gauge the flow of the RP here on-site (since I originally advertised it as an on-site piece - didn't expect so many folks cough, cough - and not an off-site one) before potentially taking it to Discord.

In the long-run I feel that a Discord server would allow for better organization of information and responses. (I had originally planned on making this a Hosted Project but those seem to be closed off at the moment.) Whether one is made or not will largely depend on everyone here's feedback and opinion on the matter.
I'm up for discord/non-discord. Either works.

I also prefer to stay away from social media on the whole, discord especially as it doesn't quite jive with my computer

Ah damn, I just realized the GMPC has the power I wanted and more, guess I gotta go with something else now.

@Remembrance Mitch Conner Mitch Conner
Your characters are accepted!

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Do you mind editing your CS to clean up its grammar mistakes? I'm having a difficult time discerning most of what you've written.
Hey I am in the prcoess of making a character and was wondering are the Shard hunter ranks based on potential or experience. The lore says aptitude but I would like a little clarification if you don't mind.

Ballpark based on everything. Combat skills, noncombat skills and experience are taken into account, with experience being listed because it means you're reliable when it comes to doing your job whether you're a combat monster or not. Mitch just made a character whose rank is defined primarily by experience despite lacking combat aptitude.

Hey I am in the prcoess of making a character and was wondering are the Shard hunter ranks based on potential or experience. The lore says aptitude but I would like a little clarification if you don't mind.
As Zerohex explained, ranks are a general averaging of a Shard Hunter’s combat skills, intelligence, and experience. Experience weighs more in the long run, but you need a notable combination of all three to be a Doyen.

But...! I have no other obligations tonight so I’ll get back to work on that shortly.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I’ve been summoned by some friends.

Last edited:
PeanutLemur PeanutLemur
Hiyooo!
While you're gone, I wanted to brainstorm ideas. I don't know if you thought of this already, but I looked at everyone's general ranking. So far, we have: 4 Novice, 5 Adept, 1 Poacher, 1 Slave, and 2 Unknown ranks. Of course, I'm sure more will arise. I am also assuming you will eventually accept everyone's character (if not, that's fine as well). Anyway, I was thinking that separating us into groups might be a good idea to not have 10 plus hunters mingling. Since we almost have 50/50 in Novice and Adept, we can separate our groups that way. We can have preset missions for Novice as well as Adept Shard Hunters. Since you have an Adept character, you can lead your group to an intimating creature guarding a Dungeon. Since Hridi is a servant to the Aether guild, she can be used to guide the Novices through a dungeon as quickly as possible.

I have some good ideas for the missions. We can PM it or discord it, so we don't spoil it for anyone else. I think my idea may add a bit of depth to the mission, so it isn't just kill, get the shard and go.

Welp, lemme know when you come back :3

PeanutLemur PeanutLemur
Hiyooo!
While you're gone, I wanted to brainstorm ideas. I don't know if you thought of this already, but I looked at everyone's general ranking. So far, we have: 4 Novice, 5 Adept, 1 Poacher, 1 Slave, and 2 Unknown ranks. Of course, I'm sure more will arise. I am also assuming you will eventually accept everyone's character (if not, that's fine as well). Anyway, I was thinking that separating us into groups might be a good idea to not have 10 plus hunters mingling. Since we almost have 50/50 in Novice and Adept, we can separate our groups that way. We can have preset missions for Novice as well as Adept Shard Hunters. Since you have an Adept character, you can lead your group to an intimating creature guarding a Dungeon. Since Hridi is a servant to the Aether guild, she can be used to guide the Novices through a dungeon as quickly as possible.

I have some good ideas for the missions. We can PM it or discord it, so we don't spoil it for anyone else. I think my idea may add a bit of depth to the mission, so it isn't just kill, get the shard and go.

Welp, lemme know when you come back :3
Interesting, so are you their co partner helping out with fleshing out the game? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back