• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Nooooo, that's not good, noooo
tenor.gif

It was either gonna be this
tumblr_owdfhyMGhE1tukpwoo1_1280.jpg
or this
tumblr_oejv1mBzAf1tukpwoo1_640.png
You can't just interchange them at will

Shhh, I plan on it just being an offscreen lance.

Although I like how the bottom one holds his fists.

Oh I'm making a punchman, btw. Well more of a wrestler/judoka, you see, because the available technology, openness of transport and reduced distances across the world match up to a period of martial arts expansion that went down in the late 1800s in the real world that established both Judo and Catch Wrestling globally.

Oh I'm making a punchman, btw. Well more of a wrestler/judoka, you see, because the available technology, openness of transport and reduced distances across the world match up to a period of martial arts expansion that went down in the late 1800s in the real world that established both Judo and Catch Wrestling globally.
Make him skilled at pankration and just use that on whatever you're fighting against.

Look if you are going catch wrestling, I expect the carnival roots to be present.

Also yes, yes it definitely is a girls night out among the current cast.

Given the period it's more, something like Bartitsu but more directly based around Judo/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu history and professional wrestling influences.

Given the period it's more, something like Bartitsu but more directly based around Judo/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu history and professional wrestling influences.
Yeah but Bartitsu was just English LARPers trying to be cool.

Whooo, active chat, whooo!

Zerohex Zerohex
Here here to martial artists! (I practice irl, though I stopped doing so regularly after killing my Achilles tendon a few years ago.) Also, my character is more kicky-kicky than punch-punch-powy so another brawler-type character with a differing fighting style will be nice.

So... I wrote my first post before the RP even starts. I couldn't hold it in. I had to write something. Now, I can sleep tonight.

Aye!

Also, I have plans to make a male character to help balance the gender ratio should the need arise. Men are fun to write, and I always have an easier time drawing them too. (Which is odd.)

Oh, uh, my brain is also fried for now. Doubt I'll get any more Lore info written up tonight. Sorrydon'tstabmepls

vUiFo8l.gif
L4TpjXP.gif
dIgVIVa.gif

The light, playful tapping against a glass container was practically equivalent to silence in the boisterous, bustling, infamous guild, Aether, located in Verasia. The container with holes atop of it was on a shelf behind the bar; it held a small fairy about the size of a hand; she drummed on the walls of her imprisonment. Did she expect to get out? Not really, but she hoped with enough pounding, she could tip her glass-prison over and free herself at last. The glass was moving at a snail-pace with her beatings. Nonetheless, Hridi went on. Occasionally, her iridescent wings would flicker irritably or she would tug on her tattered, green, old skirt as it would rise with her wild motions. She didn't plan on giving up; she simply took minor breaks to catch her breath. After a break or two, she would flutter her wings and zip towards the wall facing the edge of the shelf. Perhaps that sound would provide a small yet audible thud; it also gave her a good centimeter or two closer to the edge. Well, guess she's back to beating it belligerently with her flailing arms.

Since she has been a prisoner to the Aether, she has made sure to be a thorn to their side. Hridi would laugh at the memory when they first placed her in the storage facility like she was some sort of magical item they can store and forget about. Luckily with her ability, she was able to sense many Ramalite caches they stored along with her. The fairy did not think too thoroughly of her plan to escape. She simply thought... Yes... with the Ram here.. I can shatter my cage and fly free.. It was not the most thought out plan. She indeed shattered her cage along with slicing her own body, basically incapacitating herself in the process. The bloody fairy was fortunate the humans rushed quickly to the storage facility and nursed her back to health. Did she feel grateful towards the humans for her recovered health? No. Not in the slightest. If anything, they simply repaired a damaged item.

Of course, the fairy has learned her lesson (mildly). The humans were more cautious of her positioning throughout the year. They couldn't have her too close to their fellow Shard Hunters for some carried shards of Ramalite in their belongings, and the instant she felt a Ramalite in her presence, she'd seek it out. If she was more or less out of harms wayf, she'd burst their shards to bits, giving them splinters in their thighs or backs. It could be said that she got a good kick out of that. Let's say, Hridi can't be out of sight nor too close.

Yeah but Bartitsu was just English LARPers trying to be cool.

Very arguable tbh. There was definitely a strong marketing gig targeting a wealthy audience and plenty of overblown claims (particularly from Barton Wright himself), but the collection of teachers he assembled and the systematic combination of their skills were pretty damn legit. Especially for the time.

Whooo, active chat, whooo!

Zerohex Zerohex
Here here to martial artists! (I practice irl, though I stopped doing so regularly after killing my Achilles tendon a few years ago.) Also, my character is more kicky-kicky than punch-punch-powy so another brawler-type character with a differing fighting style will be nice.

Oh yeah in case you couldn't tell I'm uh, kind of really into martial arts as a whole to a dumb degree, but I'll do more of a grappling brawler definitely.

Look if you are going catch wrestling, I expect the carnival roots to be present.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back