• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Recruiting for some games

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am currently running three games that have a skeleton crew of players right now that I'd like to have a few more people join in.

The first is set in the UEEF saga, with the Alpha and Beta fighters as the main Veritechs of the series, getting ready to go up against the Invid, freeing the various alien races that will form the Sentinels in the effort to end the scourge of the Invid.

The second is a Southern Cross game with a group of Hover Tank pilots, where I am about to introduce the Robotech Masters into the mix. 

The third game is a RDF game, taking place after the SDF-1 and 2 are both destroyed but before the launch of the SDF-3.  The team is a group of Destroids, currently stationed in Africa.

I have lots of experience teaching newcomers the system, so don't let inexperience put you off of this.  So long as you are willing to learn and have fun, you'll do just fine.  If you have questions, please ask and I'll go into whatever details that you'll need. 

So, any takers?

Sure, I'd be up for any of these

Cool deal. Is there any preference? I can send you an invite to the UEEF game now, and the Southern Cross game too. By the time I we get your characters set up, I'll be ready to introduce you into the action.

Do you know anything about Robotech? If not, no worries. I can show you what you need to know.

I like robotech, I was introduced to the franchise through the Shadow Chronicles movie, and from there watched more series.

I like robotech, I was introduced to the franchise through the Shadow Chronicles movie, and from there watched more series.

Ok! I'll send invites to you for both games. Cunning right up.

are there any more openings in the Southern Cross game?

Yes, there is.  You have good timing; I've just started the next chapter of the game so it would be easy to include you into the story now.

@Sherwood if you don't mind a total novice who didn't get any of the abbreviations in your post, I'd like to try. xD

Wonderful!  I am finally filling in the spaces that I have struggled with for so long.  I can totally work with a novice; I have had lots of experience teaching the game, and I am more interested in seeing you have a well thought out post instead of the details of the game crunch. 

I'll send you an invite to my two games that are open.  In each one, you'll find a character file with a bunch of premade templates.  All you will have to do is copy over the character that you like (and I can help with any questions you might have) with a bit of a personality and a pic if you want one.  I'll have you introduced into the story once your sheet is posted.

Wonderful!  I am finally filling in the spaces that I have struggled with for so long.  I can totally work with a novice; I have had lots of experience teaching the game, and I am more interested in seeing you have a well thought out post instead of the details of the game crunch. 

I'll send you an invite to my two games that are open.  In each one, you'll find a character file with a bunch of premade templates.  All you will have to do is copy over the character that you like (and I can help with any questions you might have) with a bit of a personality and a pic if you want one.  I'll have you introduced into the story once your sheet is posted.

Sweet, I'll probably get a post up in a few hours. I'm not on my laptop, so I prefer not to do the character building while fighting with Steve job's autocorrect. 

And thanks for for having me! 

Sweet, I'll probably get a post up in a few hours. I'm not on my laptop, so I prefer not to do the character building while fighting with Steve job's autocorrect. 

And thanks for for having me! 

You are welcome.  Thank you for asking to join in.

If the offer still stands I'd love to join at least one of these. It seems stats are predetermined (at least in the first one), how does it look with homebrewing (collaborating or letting people create their own classes if they want) or multiclassing (obv. not in the first one, haven't looked at the rest)? Anyway, these were my only questions and I would be happy to jump in any of your dice games.

Kudos, Ethermass.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the offer still stands I'd love to join at least one of these. It seems stats are predetermined (at least in the first one), how does it look with homebrewing (collaborating or letting people create their own classes if they want) or multiclassing (obv. not in the first one, haven't looked at the rest)? Anyway, these were my only questions and I would be happy to jump in any of your dice games.

Kudos, Ethermass.

Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry I didn't check up on this until now.  On to business!

Yes, I'm still looking for a few good players that are willing to keep up with the posting and can have some fun.  The characters are all pre-generated by myself for those that don't have the books to be able to make their own, but if you have a concept that will work in the setting that you would like to try out, let me know and I'll make something special for you.  First off, are you familiar with Robotech at all, or the Palladium system?  If not, that's ok.  I can work with that. 

Still open for some people to join in.  I keep getting some takers that show up for a few posts, then vanish on me.  I'm hoping to find a good, long term team player that I can bring into some running games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back