• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclaiming the Kingdom of Ash

Alison raised her hand, having been multiple places, she'd learned how to operate a boat. She sighed, "I can operate a ship." She said as she made her way over to the wheel.

Evindal sighed, jumping onto the boat. "Yes, I do have my own goals. Might as well be lookout. I am an elf, so I probably have the best vision of us all." He climbed to the lookout point, also to be a lightning rod so the ship wouldn't be hit. He waited for something to happen from there, hoping they didn't run into pirates.

Hearing the chanting a growl rises from Vitallion's throat, his eyes narrowing. Leaning back and stretching he looks over at Alison, nodding slightly before pulling out a dagger in his right hand. Turning around with a few quiet words the half dragon disappears from sight and makes his way to the elf, quickly steadying himself from the boat's rocking.

He reached the elf in no time but let the others finish their threats. When the elf jumped into the lookout tower Vitallion followed silently. After a few seconds of watching the elf he whispers harshly into his ear, "Next time I hear you start to cast a spell, I won't let them finish their petty threats before making you the new sheath to my dagger." Then jumping back he lands on the deck with a loud thud. Moving back to his previous position leaning against the railing he makes himself visible again, acting as if nothing had ever happened.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Flareshield Flareshield

Evindal sighed, jumping onto the boat. "Yes, I do have my own goals. Might as well be lookout. I am an elf, so I probably have the best vision of us all." He climbed to the lookout point, also to be a lightning rod so the ship wouldn't be hit. He waited for something to happen from there, hoping they didn't run into pirates.
Jenny Fountaine
"'Sup" Jenny said as Evindal slowly climbed up to the nest. "Hmm... Not quite the accent I was going for, oh well. Should I stay up here or..." She asked to the elf.

1.png

"I just realized, do we have a chef?" The dragoness asked nobody in particular. Though it was mostly directed toward the princess. "I can cook if you need one, or need an extra one. Other than magic, I like to believe that I'm pretty good at cooking and brewing drinks."

"A death for a death, don't you think? Trying to stab me with your weapon would get you more than you bargained for. Empty threats will get you no where, so go back down." Evindal was angry that everyone was making empty threats at him. Either that or they were idiots, not knowing that he could fight back.

Evindal heard the archer talking to him. He responded to her greeting. "Sup." Evindal knew the archer would be at risk up here, but she'd need a vantage point. "No, you should have this vantage point. Just try to stay away from me. I'd hate for you to get electrocuted." He moved to the opposite end of the lookout point, and looked into the distance, waiting for the first bolt to hit."

Sea Jelly Sea Jelly Alteras Alteras

Katrina smiled widely at Esokle, to have a new teacher! One that is also a dragonborne? If she is one.... That would be so cool!! Katrina thought about all the things she'll learn from her. A shudder of excitement ran down her spine before she hopped abored the ship. The water lapping the sides. Katrina also felt as if she was at home, so much safety was around her. So much of her element, even if couldn't control it very well, she would learn!

Jenny Fountaine
"Electrocuted huh.." Jenny pulled out an arrow with a metal shaft and stuck it into the wood of the mast some distance away from her. She's dealt with those who liked to use lightning as their specialty, but only one really required her to change her tactics. Don't know anything about lightning but hopefully that should draw it away from me. Evindal seemed ready to take on something, which worried her slightly. She looked out to the sea to try and spot anything that might hit them.
Flareshield Flareshield

Wait for iht, wait for it, and boom. A lightning bolt streaked out of the sky, hitting Evindal. He safely redirected the power through the ship. "This is the reason I told you to stay away from me. I'm the lightning rod of this ship." He looked off into the distance again and saw a ship. A fear came across him as he looked at the ship. It was as he feared. "PIRATES! PIRATES OFF THE PORT!" It was true, they were heading straight towards a huge pirate ship. The first bit of excitement in their quest was about to begin.

Alteras Alteras
(Everyone else)

Alison took the wheel from the Princess with an amused smirk. "Easy there, Princess. The last thing you want is to send all your help overboard." She glanced over at Evindal as if she was in deep thought. She smirked before adding, "Except him. I mean, he's already tried to kill you twice and it hasn't even been a day," she paused, raising her hand, "But by all means, keep him on board. I'd love to see how long it takes until he kills one of us," she paused, a smug grin forming. "Starting with me."

Just then, Kiss-Ass began screaming "Pirates" constantly. Her grip tightened on the wheel. "Oh joy." She said sarcastically with a grimace. Mentally preparing herself for battle with the wheel.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Flareshield Flareshield (Everyone else)

Looking up at the lookout tower Vitallion looks to where he's facing and sees a ship, a very large one at that. Grinning he pulls down his hood and jogs over to Alison, standing beside her as he watches the far off vessel. "I don't suppose you'll be able to join in on this fun?" He asks glancing at her with a sly grin, readying a shortsword and dagger from beneath his cloak.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Jenny Fountaine
Definitely shocked, figuratively, by the sudden lightning strike. Before she could recover, Evindal was shouting something about pirates. Moving over to see where he was pointing to, she felt her blood rise in anticipation of a battle. "But we've barely even left the dock..." She shuffled around and stuck her head over the side to shout at those below. "Prepare for a boarding party in about 5-10 minutes!" It was a solid estimate, as long as the pirates didn't do a ship to ship combat. Jenny herself grabbed her bow and drew back the drawstring, with the arrow vaguely aimed at the ship. She murmured a few words and her eyes glowed a slight yellow as she gained clearer vision. A simple spell, common among archers across many races.
(everyone)

As the valiant members of the team were readying themselves for battle against the wicked scallywag forces, Esokle was unimpressed and uninterested.

12.png

"So in regards to food, is there anything specific that you'd like me to make or am I free to just do whatever?" She asked the princess. "I mean, I'm totally fine making whatever, but the food I usually eat may be different from what you do and I want to take that into account."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
& everyone

Katrina ran to the side where she heard the shouting. Pirates. Not what she expected right off the bat, she looked at her hand with the runes on it. How could she help? She wasn't very good with her magic yet. She could barely lift the ale out of the pint earlier. And that made her very tired. Maybe is she focused hard enough she could get the waters to help them.

Upon hearing about pirates the Ash Princess sighed. Surprisingly relaxed. "We have a 10 day supply of Rations on the lower deck. Now if you don't mind I'm going to have the demon make a sharp left." She turned to Allison. "Ignore the pirates. They're in waters we don't want to tread. Well that is if we don't want to test the existence of a Leviathan." It was a legend that a Leviathan roamed the waters but she honestly did not want to see if it was real. Especially if Leviathans were as big as the legends said.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
moonlightStriker moonlightStriker
Natealie Natealie
Flareshield Flareshield
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly
Alteras Alteras
(Doomy)

With the threat delayed Bajie moved back to the prow not bothering putting the now drenched cloak back on he sat on the deck. As the princess asked for help steering the boat he couldn't help but wonder if he was brought to this place to die. Pushing the thought from his mind, he returned to his meditation. It seemed only moments later that the alarms were raised, Pirates, Bajie stood and turned to look at the oncoming vessel.

"They are not likely to abandon the hunt easily," Bajie said to no one in particular, "better to meet them on our terms."

Esokle was not trying to ignore the pirates. No she was fully aware. But in her mind, they did not register as a threat. It was not the pirates themselves, but the reactions of the rest that ended up rousing her to action. Or well, rouse her to offer to take action.

1.png

"You know if you guys are really that concerned about those guys I could fly over and set their ship on fire." She offered. "We don't actually have to fight them. Why waste our resources?" Esokle told the group. She still could breathe fire after all. This entire exchange though spoke to something about her. Esokle was a puzzle solver. She was more practical than somebody who wished to find glory in battle. In a way, she could be considered a tactician.

-everyone-

Just as soon as Esolke finished the Pirate ship tipped over. Clearly being attacked by something in the water. Then some form of large appendage raised up and smashed the Pirate ship. "They won't be missed. Keep going left, I'll tell you when to straighten our course. Now everyone I shall tell you where we are going! So gather around, and make sure you don't block our drivers sight. We need to talk plans and possible counters in case our Wyvern friend surprises us on Arrival!"

Katrina walked away from the side and to the princess. She wasn't one for making good plans, but she was good at listening to them. Besides, she was still unsure of what she could do to help. It wasn't like Katrina mastered her magic yet. But she still went for this. So she stood there, listening to the princess.

Jenny Fountaine
"What the..." Jenny watched in awe and terror as the pirate ship was consumed by the beast. Then she heard the shouts of the princess. "Milady calls. I'll go ahead and head down," she said to Evindal. Grabbing her bow, she climbed down to the deck and joined the others.
Flareshield Flareshield

Alison nodded and followed the Princess's commanded, avoiding the Pirate ship and continuing to go left. Her red hair wipped back and she inhaled the smell of the salt seas. Sge glanced at the pirate ship with cold eyes as it went down. Uncaring. She loved the ocean. At one point, she considered being a pirate. But killing was more of her status, as well as being stealthy. She listened in on the Princess's speech as her eyes focused in on the ocean.

Frowning at the wreckage in the water left after the Leviathan Vitallion sighs, sheathing his weapons again. "I guess there won't be much fun going on until we fight the big scary monster." He says rolling his eyes. Leaving the wheel and going back to his spot by the railing, looking out at the water.

Bajie saw the great beast drag the pirate vessel, there no happenstance in this world.

"Magnificent," he said softly offering a bow to the leviathan before turning to the Ash princess.

Making his way across the deck towards her. Stopping a short distance from the princess he sat cross-legged and looked at her waiting for the details of the quest.

"Well I cannot promise this but I have a suspicion that it may have children. Along with that I should give you it's size. See a normal Wyvern is about as big as 2 horses side by side. This wyvern was about the size of 8 or so, And it was aggressive. By every means this specific Wyvern should not exist. It's too vicious, too big, if it were up to me I'd say it was the size of an Adolescent Dragon, And the thought it could've had offspring sends chills down my spine. So if it's one, it'll give us trouble, but imagine what four of them could do." Sapphire obviously was stressed on the what ifs.

6.png

"Alright, so a bit smaller than my original size then eh? Seems simple enough. Though if there are more then we will need a plan for them as well." Esokle thought out loud, already thinking about possible ways to deal with this situation in her head. Her mind was racing miles a minute. "I suggest we find a way to isolate them and pick them off one by one, preferably by assassination. The less battles we need to fight, the better. Of course this will all be a lot easier to plan once I see the terrain and how it's changed since I was last there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back