• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclaiming the Kingdom of Ash

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
To whom it may concern

Hello to whoever hears or sees this letter. You are reading this because the old man found you and deemed you worthy. I am the Ash princess. Though I hate using that name it is a necessity for this letter. I need your help with reclaiming my throne. Now I can't give any specifics at the moment. Just know that I can give you anything. You want to be a duke, fine I can do that. You want land, your welcome to it. You want money, just name your price. Now those should've gotten your attention. You are to meet me at night at a Tavern called the Sleeping Dragon. Not exactly great but it's not a popular place so I can speak to whoever shows up without worry of interruption.

PS: You are not to call me Ash Princess. You will refer to me as "Boss" or "Milady"

(OOC https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ash-kingdom-ooc.335333/ )

(CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ash-kingdom-characters.335338/#post-7914317 )

(Extra info: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/locations-and-races-reclaiming-the-ash-kingdom.335349/ )

Last edited:
The Ash princess was sitting on the bar area of the Sleeping Dragon, Twirling one of her Shortswords in her hand. She hoped that old man found people. Sure he was a messenger but for all she knew he shrugged her off as crazy and threw the letter away. "Well if he did you would have to make another and Deliver it on your own. Which would be tough given my last cloak was torn up by some goblins." She sighed before going to a barrel to get some water.

Esokle entered the tavern and observed her surroundings. This was much easier with her dragon parts retracted. She looked normal right now. There wasn't really anybody there other than the staff and another woman. Via process of elimination, she was able to deduce that the woman must be the one she was looking for. And so she decided to walk over.

15.png

"It appears that I am the first here. Judging by the fact that I was let in after hours this appears to be the right place. And I have deduced that you must be my patron, or am I mistaken?" The dragoness said to her. "If you are indeed the person who I am seeking then I shall introduce myself. Esokle. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Walking into the Sleeping Dragon, Vitallion dawns his hood, hiding his scaly skin. Deciding not to wait for Alison he heads straight for the bar. Taking an empty seat and placing the letter text side up on the counter in front. Cocking his head to side to side, he looks around the bar. Seeing two individuals talking by the water barrel he watches, waiting. As he sits his tail sways slowly, it's tip flicking occasionally as he listens in to the conversation.

Jenny Fountaine
"Sleeping Dragon huh," Jenny whispered to herself. She had kept her hood up, although it was bright yellow and white, most of the journey there. Judging by the letter and the old man who gave it to her, this job probably elicits the need of some subtlety, or at least some gesture of it. Upon entering the tavern, she put down her hood and walked to the bar area. She sat herself at the counter near the being with a tail, but with a seat of space in between.

Noticing the letter before the person next to her, Jenny pulled out her own letter and placed on the counter in similar fashion to the person. "What have I missed so far?" She could her the exchange at the water barrel, but wanted a bit more context.
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly

Focusing on the two beside the water barrel, Vitallion almost doesn't notice the person talking beside him. Tearing his attention away, he looks at Jenny with a low grunt before shaking his head. "Nothing, just the introduction." Seeing the other's letter on the counter he looks back to the water barrel. "But I don't plan on going and introducing myself quite yet, knock yourself out."
Alteras Alteras

As Kyrule stepped into the Sleeping dragon he lowered his head so that it wouldn't smack against the doorframe. He had initially been coming into town to find a blacksmith to repair his broken axe, but the bandits who attacked the caravan he walked with carried this letter. Which had led him here. He was sceptical of the offer sure, but frankly he didn't have anything better to do.
He walked past the others and too the bar, setting the letter beside him as he pondered having a drink. Either this "Ash princess." Would approach him, or one of the others would tell him what he needed to do. He had learned as a young orc that most other races tend to take a defensive stance when it came to conversing with his kind. So he figured it'd be wise to Wait.
Removing a few gold coins from the purse he took off of the bandits corpses, he finally spoke. "Give me the largest ale you carry and some meat." His voice was odd for an orc, he spoke the the human language without even the slightest hint of an orc accent.
(Open)

Last edited:
Jenny Fountaine
With a slight chuckle, Jenny responded with, "Well, that's the safe way to go about it, however I doubt that that much secrecy would do us much good. Especially considering that we're both well known weapons for hire." Jenny had heard the man's voice before. And she's definitely lost a few contracts to that voice in recent years. But she carried no hard feelings, as thus was the name of the work. An orc walked in and took a seat at the bar. Seeing the letter placed on the counter, Jenny let out a sigh. "I see you're in the same position as we are," She said, tapping her own letter.
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

Kyrule Ur Balloth

Almost as soon as his ale was sat down he heard the human speak to him. Turning to look at the source of the voice he nodded. "You are correct, Have you met our Contractor yet?" He said still just as eloquently as before, punctuating his sentence with a sip from his ale. His eyes shifted to her bow for a second on instinct, but he played it off as if he were just eyeing her up in down, better her think him a pig than a threat.​
Alteras Alteras
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly

Jenny Fountaine
"Like what you see? Or just fancying the curvature of this slender body?" Jenny said teasingly as she pointed to her bow. "If you're gonna play the pervert, you have to already be walking to the seat looking at my body." She pulled out a few gold coins and orders a light ale. "Relax, I for one would prefer this not be a trap. As for our employer, I think it's the red head girl over by the water barrel." She said, pointing her thumb back without turning around.
The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

Sapphire was surprised to see people show up. She first spoke to the woman who had introduced herself "Good to see the old man was trustworthy. Good to see you here Esokle. Seems as though the turn out was bigger than I expected. Just try and get used to the others. I'll have to get a way to gain the others attention. Again thank you for showing up. Also don't drink too much ale. I don't want to be in debt."

Evindal looked at the man like he was crazy. "Why would I get a letter from the princess? Royalty hates sorcerers the most." The old man shrugged and left, more letters in hand. It was about a three days ride to the inn that was stated in the letter, so putting on a new robe to hide his other tattered ones, he packed some essentials and went to his shop. "Here are my notes apprentices. I'll be back someday, but I think I've found my largest job yet." Evindal left the village and began traveling to the inn.

Once he arrived, Evindal could see a multitude of races in the inn, and he suspected some were also there for the mission. He sat down at a table and ordered a meal, waiting to see what happened.

1.png

"Alright then. I look forward to that. And don't worry about me drinking too much, I doubt I will." She responded. Then she turned over to the rest of the group and headed over, taking an open seat at the table. She too ordered some food and then produced a set of tarot cards.

2.png

"Well if we're doing introductions then don't leave me out. I'm Esokle, a wizard. It's a pleasure to meet you all." She told them with a smile. Being polite was probably the best idea right now, as she did not know any of them. Notably however, she was unfazed by the large orc or the half draconic man before her. She seemed to just accept them as they were.

Kyrule Ur Balloth

Kyrule let out a chuckle when he was caught. "You've got a good eye, that'll be useful." His grin wasn't very comforting however, as it bared his large tusks for all to see. The woman who hired them finally spoke, Kyrule nodded, at least he was in the right place.

However when introductions began to go around the room he seemed to clam back up saying only. "I am Kyrule, and I am an orc for hire." He Didn't wish to answer any questions just yet. Instead he seemingly turned his attention to the large plate of meat that was sat in front of him. His manners in speech didn't seem to carry over to his eating habits. He hunched over his plate picking off pieces with his hands like a animal. Yet he ate slowly and quietly so he could overhear the other introductions.
(Everyone I guess :) )​

A loud audible sigh escaped from Viole Jue Grace mouth as he finally arrived at the place that he was instructed to on the letter. The Sleeping Dragon it didn't seem to be the nicest place but definitely not the worst he had seen. Viole began looking around noticing small glances looking at him, his clothing, his hair but more than anything his eyes always gave him away. It was clear that some people knew him not by meeting him but more than anything by reputation.

After standing around for a few minutes Viole finally decided to enter The Sleeping Dragon. As Viole entered the Sleeping another sigh exited his mouth, to be honest, he couldn't remember why he came again but they were no going back now. Viole decided to take a seat alone waiting and watching he wanted to see who the others he would be working with was but more so who the person setting up this quest was.

"Oh my lord looks like this side job will never escape me. Hold up all of your orders are coming up! Fair warning it's only me so don't expect me to be super quick." She had no complaints when people ordered. At least that way she had money to leave for the owner. "Any other orders I need to know about?" She asked as she was getting some ale for those who ordered it.

Flareshield Flareshield
Alteras Alteras
(Sorry Doomy can't mention you for some weird reason.)

Evindal looked over to where Esokle introduced herself to the others. It looked like she was probably a friend of the Ash princess. "I guess it's my turn next," he muttered to himself. Evindal stood up, and turned to face the group. "I am Evindal Mithalvarin, an elvin sorcerer. Nice to meet you." He then turned to the princess. "I can take care of the payment myself, but thank you for the offer." He sat down again, starting to drink his ale.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
(Everyone else. Why can't there be a tag all)

"And I'm here for the reward." Vitallion says simply to the group before standing, turning to the Ash Princess and holding out the letter. "What kind of crap will we be expecting on this little quest of yours, Boss. You didn't really specify anything but the location, and I can't be the only one wanting to know what to expect."
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Upon noticing the newcomer, Esokle gestured to him and pulled out a chair next to him, inviting the monster over. She once again seemed unnaturally calm around all of them. Esokle smiled at them all upon hearing their introductions, and looked as if she was interested. However, it would appear as if she was waiting to speak.

Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam

Jenny Fountaine
"Calm down, the lady is our server at the moment, let her follow the etiquette of a hostess, even if it isn't befitting of an employer nor a princess." Jenny said while looking at the rest of the group. "Jenny Fountaine. The Human Archer."

Alison entered shortly after Vitallion, she sat at the bar while introductions were mad. She wasn't shy, she just wasn't friendly. She didn't like anybody. For that matter, she hated everything unless it was some shiny gold coins. And bourbon.

Alison approached the group as Vitalllion stated bluntly what he had wanted. Just the reward. Which she agreed with. "Yes, I'm wondering the same, what are we looking out for? Dragons? Humans," She paused, resting an elbow on Vitallion's shoulder with laziness, "Oh! What about fairies? Puppy's?" She offered in a sarcastic, humored tone before adding, "Alison. Assassin." She introduced herself with a smug smirk.

(Didn't wanna miss introductions! Finishing up CS now)
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Sea Jelly Sea Jelly (Everyone else)

Katrina ran into the tavern, tripping over herself. After getting up she ran over to the small group, "Um... H-Hi. I'm Katrina... Uh... I got the letter," She stumbled out, holding the letter in her hand, "I hope I can.... Be of, um, use to you... In this quest"

Glancing at Alison with a small roll of his eyes Vitallion carefully folds the paper and puts it into his pocket. "Vitallion, bounty hunter. What throne are we taking back, and who has it? How dangerous is their guard, and finally, how long will this job last?"
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Great, two assholes already. More like one bounty hunter and one asshole. "Shut it, will you? We are the guests here, and can easily get fired from the mission. Our hirer will tell us in due time what this is about. I've done enough missions to do that, you newbie mercenaries." Evindal started on his dinner after he finished speaking.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Sea Jelly Sea Jelly

Jenny Fountaine
Jenny gestured to the open seat for Katrina to sit in. Clearly Vitallion and Alison either don't know what the title the "ash princess" means or they are too eager to get their reward. And it seems she wasn't alone in thinking so. "If you really are that impatient, read the letter again. Think about which kingdom was stolen from the 'Ash Princess.' It's only been 13 years, it can't be that hard to remember."
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Flareshield Flareshield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back