• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclaiming the Kingdom of Ash

4.png

"Isokle. I'm Isokle, and you needn't worry, whatever your reasons are I'm sure they're just as valid as everyone elses." She liked this man. Hopefully they could get along. Hopefully the party could get along. "Regardless though if you'd please give me a moment, I would like to address the group as a whole." Esokle asked of Kyrule, turning to everyone.

6.png

"So then, I believe that if we are going on this journey together I must explain something to you. If after this revelation you feel uncomfortable around me you are free to leave. And if our patron wishes to see me out I shall leave. Now then, disclaimers aside, I have something to show you all." The woman said before standing up.

And then literally bursting into flames.

From those flames a shadowy figure emerged. That figure was clearly Isokle, but something was off. She was changing. Slowly parts burst from her skin, altering her flesh. Horns shot from her skull. Wings arose from her back. And she was also graced with claws and a tail.

The flames subsided, strangely not leaving any burn marks, and she turned to the group.

10.png

"So, I may be an actual dragon who's thousands of years old. There's more to the story, but best not to overwhelm you all now as this may be a lot to take in on top of the job and meeting everybody else. But yeah, I am actually what most people consider to be a monster." Isokle stated, sitting back down in her chair now, ironically next to the man nicknamed The Monster.

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

& everyone

Kyrule Ur Balloth

When the Woman he spoke to burst Into flames both of Kyrule's eyebrows arched then he heard her say she was a dragon. He had to ponder this for a bit, he had never heard of such a thing before. Dragons were supposed to be massive Scaled beasts. He just assumed it had something to do with her Magic. When she explained a bit about her past he again simply nodded. Then placing his large hand on her shoulder he said "Your past is your own. Think of your future." He then downed the rest of his ale and set the empty container on the counter dropping the rest of the coins from the stolen coin purse into the cup as a tip. He then turned to the others and addressed the group as well "The boat sails soon, I will go now. If you fight then may you fight well." He said as he rose, the last bit was an old orc saying that didn't translate well into human tongue. He chuckled as he headed out the door wondering what else translated poorly.​
Natealie Natealie
(Everyone :P )

"Their's no monster of the flesh, only ones of the soul," Bajie said turning from the fireplace to look at the one who called herself a monster. Remaining cross-legged he offer her a slight bow of his head before returning his gaze to the flames.

(Can't figure how to tag people on this tablet):-_-lines:

Last edited:
Looking over at the now revealed dragon, Vitallion watches her intently. Observing the obvious draconic features now covering her body. Pulling up his hood he walks back to the bar, sitting beside Alison. "I'll take that drink now." He mutters to her, still watching the now revealed dragoness. Unsure of how to feel due to previous... situations with Draconians. His tail curled around his legs as he sits stiffly.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Natealie Natealie

Sapphire decided to say something to the demon. "Well I hope you are as good as you say. This Wyvern is a nasty piece of work. And quite gigantic for Wyvern standards. But should you get that stinger to your chest at least it'll be a good distraction when I slide this into it's throat." She passively showed her Shortswords to the Demon before walking out. "We are leaving in 2 minutes. You wanna come get on the boat. You don't show up and we leave you behind." She walked to the boat to see the mage. "Sorry about the shouting. You kinda sounded like someone who wanted to be hated."

Flareshield Flareshield
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
(Again sorry doomy)
Natealie Natealie
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly
(Sorry if I missed anyone)

Evindal was standing in the rain when Sapphire came to the docks. "It's my fault. I didn't give the best first impression. Sorry, I don't remember your name, could you tel-" Evindal felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise. "Watch out!" He shoved Sapphire out of the way just as a bolt of lightning came down and struck Evindal directly.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Alison smiled sweetly and sarcastically as the princess said her speech, Alison gave her a sarcastic salute as she walked out. She stared at the bourbon in the glass bottle for a moment. Good, now that it was obvious she wasn't here to make friends, she could start planning. She'd need more details on everything, the Wyvern, location, etc. She had to prepare herself. The moment the bartender had their back turned, she leaned over and silently had expertly swiped the another bottle of bourbon from the shelf. With these people, she was gonna need it. She brushed a long strand of red hair from her face with a sigh. Her mind drifted to home, her father, her little brother. Bored, and feeling an odd sense of...loneliness? She gave a slight wave of her hand, behind the bar appeared the illusion of a small boy, perhaps 11, calmly staring back at her, tiny demon horns, eyes like Alison's except both were gold, she smiled, but something in her hardened. And just as quickly as the illusion had appeared it was over in seconds.

Alison was an illusionist. Able to manipulate the minds of others and make them see and hear things that were never there. Very useful for an assassin such as herself.

Always on alert, Alison recognized Vitallion's footsteps before he'd even sat back down. Without a word she'd passed him the bottle, recognizing the signs as she glanced down at his tail. Her eyes followed to where Vitallion was looking. She silently considered the dragoness before standing and patting his shoulder in an odd friendly gesture. That was as close as anyone got to anything remotely friendly coming from Alison.

"Come on, you can drink on the boat, time to go join the rest of the Lollipop Guild." She joked before walking of of the tavern and outside, just able to witness Kiss-Ass shove Princess out of the way from getting struck by lighting.

"We are so screwed." Alison murmured more to herself as she brushed past the two and kept walking. Her feet made literally no sound as she walked, she stopped and turned on the docks, waiting for Vitallion to catch up.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Natealie Natealie Sea Jelly Sea Jelly Flareshield Flareshield

Finally looking over Alison as she stands and departs he rises, sighing as he takes the bottle. Downing a sip he follows a few feet after her. Giving the dragoness another glance before exiting through the door.

Seeing the lighting bolt incident Vitallion doesn't miss a beat, standing clear of both of Evindal and the Princess he passes Alison, handing her the bottle of bourbon as he walks onto the ship. Standing by the starboard side he looks out onto the water, his arms crossed on the railing and his tail swinging slowly behind him.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Flareshield Flareshield

"Hey the hell was that for!? Geez I knew you stormbloods are unpredictable but can you kindly knock that crap off when anyone is near you?" She was frustrated but she knew for a fact he had saved her. "Look thanks and all that but you don't pull that on the ship.I don't want to deal with a burning ship in the middle of the ocean. Good show off but in the end save that for whatever we have to deal with, deal?" She got on the ship hardly wanting to wast any time.

Flareshield Flareshield

Jenny Fountaine
Watching that debacle from afar, Jenny just shook her head. She followed the rest and boarded the boat after checking that she had brought everything with her. She was kinda concerned on how the Princess was gonna pay her, much less regain her throne, once the wyvern was killed. Heroes and legends don't just live happily ever after once the dragon has been slain. In anycase, her primary motive, to get money to retire happily, can be gained through other means if need be. She should enjoy herself on this quest, even if it's with a less than desirable group of people.

'A quest to kill a wyvern and reclaim a kingdom,' Bajie thought the proposition over as he stared intently into the flames.

Finally he rose to his feet, pulled his hood over his head, and walked into the storm. As he stepped outside lighting pierced the darkness Bajie loved storms the world was alive during a storm. He made his way to the docks and saw the others had begun to board the boat. Making his way aboard the vessel Bajie moved to the prow and sat on the deck. Closing his eyes and stilling his mind for what lay ahead.

Katrina looked around, it seemed like no one heard her. She sighed and watched everyone go around and drink. She sipped her drink, it wasn't ale or anything. She wasn't in the mood for drinking to get drunk at all. But she had a quest and wanted to see how it went.

Noticing that the others were all leaving, Esokle figured she'd have to head out too. The reactions that she had gotten to her reveal were better than she had expected. She didn't expect to be kicked out from a group of adventurers. Regular people though, that could be a different story.

She gestured to both Katrina and Viole. The two had gone neglected as far as the conversation went.

12.png

"Hey guys, it looks like they're all leaving. Want to come with?" The dragoness asked them. Her features were still out and so she still very much looked like a monster. Though she wasn't acting like one, at least at the moment. "By the way Katrina, just how much water magic do you know?" Esokle inquired. She was pretty curious about the types of spells that the rest of her companions used. Magic was kind of her thing after all.

moonlightStriker moonlightStriker

Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam

Katrina got up and looked at Esokle, "Um. Not a lot, I'm still learning. I only finished forming the runes a year ago, so I haven't have much training with my magic. I can summon it, and control a small bit. That's really it....." She mumbled to Esokle. She started to like Esokle. Maybe they could be friends? She wasn't sure, but she walked out with the others. Quiet as a snowflake falling.

15.png

"Well it's fine if you're only still learning. Though being able to control that ale earlier shows some promise." She smiled. "Perhaps I could teach you a bit if you'd like. I don't mean to brag, but magic is kind of my thing." The dragoness offered. She She liked this girl. She liked the orc man. She liked most people in the group. And as far as she was concerned a happy party was a successful one.

Such irony from the former tyrant.

Katrina nods, "If.. you want to... That would be nice" Katrina said, excited to learn how to use her magic more. Maybe she could become stronger and even somehow cool down her lust. But who knows?

Alison gladly welcomed the bourbon from Vitallion, taking a swig of the bottle, she followed him unto the ship, going to her own quiet area and leaning against the railing of the ship, on the side. She watched the water lap against the boat in thought, contemplating the possible suicide mission.

Evindal wanted to destroy the ship, and get the worst people out of his life. He would destroy the dock too, and hit anyone who still swam in the water. He certainly had enough energy to do it. "Well, here goes nothing." He started murmuring the spell that would destroy the ship.

(Everyone)

4.png

"Then yes, I'd like that Katrina. It would be my pleasure. It has been a while since I've had a pupil after all, so it would be a nice change of pace." She seemed excited. Already this job was paying off for her, and she hadn't even been here for an hour yet. Now she had to think of where exactly to start. True she knew many of the advanced water arts, some of which she had invented herself, but it would be important to get to know Katrina, to see what kind of magic she even wanted to know. At the end of the day an element was really just a medium. A skilled wizard could heal someone using poison.

Upon leaving the tavern and heading to the docks though, she heard some chanting, chanting that she recognized. This was not something that Esokle could afford to ignore, especially since she might be the only other person who knew what this spell was capable of. She approached the elven man.

28.png

"Before you say another word I want you to ask yourself this." The dragoness began. "Is it worth it? We all came here because we want to accomplish something. I came here because I want a place in this new kingdom. Some of our companions obviously just want some money for their trouble. But you, I believe you want something different. You have a decision to make right now. Is this momentary catharsis worth trading away the goal that you have?"

Flareshield Flareshield

Last edited:
Alison's enhanced hearing began to hear what sounded like murmuring, focusing her hearing from the waves, and thinking she was missing out on a secret and possibly important conversation she began to eavesdrop and focus on the murmuring, though her back was to Kiss-Ass, she could hear the words flowing out of his mouth like water and she quickly realized it was a spell, a very dangerous one at that. Alison whipped around and narrowed her eyes, ready to cross the ship and rip the heart from his chest when the dragoness stepped. Alison decided if the dragoness didn't step in and solve it, she'd do it in her own, less peaceful way. She watched the pair converse, ready to sprint off the ship at a moments notice. She glanced at Vitallion to see if he was picking up on this.

Sea Jelly Sea Jelly Flareshield Flareshield Natealie Natealie

Bajie was deep in meditation when the chant reached his ears, the words meant nothing, however the intent was clear. Steadily he rose turning to the elf and unfastened his cloak, letting it fall to the ground, revealing his bare chest emblazoned with the red lotus. He walked towards the elf slowly stopping 10 ft from him, his eyes showing no emotion.

"Do as you must and I shall do the same," Bajie said in a tone that made his intent clear.

Sapphire at this point was done with the big old power measuring contest so she decided to break it up. By releasing the boat, which rocked a bit causing the princess to stumble. And hopefully make everyone figure out that at this point they had to get along or risk getting stranded at sea. "Nothing like a subtle threat to get these half wits to stop." She hummed as she took the wheel and began to steer the ship. Well it was clear she wasn't the most experienced driver on the planet, but it was passable. "Also if you don't want to lose your ale or meal I'd suggest that the best sailor of you all come up and take the wheel! This is the best I can do!"

Jenny Fountaine
Jenny balanced herself as the ship rocked. She's been on ships before, and has done archery combat on them, but she wasn't particularly fond of them. She has to put more effort to keeping the arrow on point. At least the waters here don't get that chaotic. "I have no abilities with a sea-faring ship. My only abilities here is as a lookout." She casually said aloud as she strolled up to the mast and began to climb up to the nest. Pretending that nothing happened and nothing will happen, she sat herself up and leaned back. If something did break out despite the princess's clear message, Jenny needed to be as far away from the combat as possible. I'm an archer, I'd do no good in close quarter combat against them.

Katrina looked down, "I want to learn... Not just one subject. But everything. I have.... This curse... It gave me a lust... But for knowledge. My curse can be cured but I don't know how..... Maybe this quest will give me access to a library with a book that will rid me of this curse....."

Hopping on the boat, Esokle smiled. This Katrina girl wanted to learn everything? Well, she had come to practically the right place.

24.png

"Katrina, to my knowledge I am the oldest living being in this world. I have existed for thousands of years, and have not yet met a dragon older than I who is still alive. It's kind of a racial hazard. But that's not the point." She caught herself before going on a tangent for once. "If you want knowledge, I can easily provide that for you. All I ask is that you use it to benefit the party."

Now the dragoness turned to the princess.

10.png

"Unfortunately I have no idea how to operate a boat. I can fly so I've never needed to. Hopefully somebody here can..."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back