• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclaiming Irrilia

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
Irrilia has fallen. Her kingdoms destroyed in a measly week. And the citizens only obey an individual who has taken all of the kingdoms places. A man only known as the mad king. Rumor among those who have seen him say there was an otherworldly presence to him. He was easily taller then any person that they had ever seen, his eyes an unnatural emerald green and his voice seemingly changing to something monstrous behind closed doors. That individual now sits in the castle once owned by the Reiners, waiting patiently as he watches his creations marching back.

"70 years of planning this whole attack, and I was expecting them to put up much more of a fight. Maybe I ended up overthinking all of this. Which... is disappointing to say the least, wish they had put up more of a fight. Or that I would not have been worn out, could've taken a whole kingdom by myself if I wasn't so tired. Making shades is exhausting. But hey in this single moment my plans worked out. Even if I had to kill what were essentially my children 76 times over just to make them the perfect commanders... somewhat. And I own 5 kingdoms, I could have a statue in each one erected in my glory. Oh yes that sounds delightful, all of them worshiping me, their new king!" Though as he was contemplating a lone messenger shade walked into the throne lord.

"Your Lordship, I have some concerning news from the other shades out in the field. It's regarding the extermination of the Royal families... It was not fully completed."

In this single moment the king went from his bored stat of mind to one of weariness and lots of hidden anger behind his green eyes. "Start from the beginning. We shall announce this to them when they get back. They'll be lucky I don't bring into consideration the idea of killing them a 77th time."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drellin had finally found the tavern he had in mind for a hideout. In the whole week he has been here he had found it. And it was perfect, no one would suspect a thing with such a mediocre building. He had payed quite a decent bit out of his special savings for procuring the place for 5 visitors of royal decent. And that would include if they had been listening to him and are scattered. Oh, what a pain that would be. But he was nervous at the same time. What if his message had not gone through, what if he messed up the incantation for the spell to work. "You know what let's give this another shot." He pulled out his focus and the lantern his father owned, yet again placing the 5 crimson vials into each slot the lantern held. "Now then from the top... Did any of you bother to listen to the instructions I had sent. I'm kind of at the tavern I had told us to meet up at, not anything special to look at. But I will be staying here at the front... waiting hoping all of you are still alive... Which would be very much a pain if I hear silence because you all can reply back to this." going silent at the end he waited for some form of response. Anything to show this was not a massive failure.

Trektek Trektek Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Athanas Athanas HerosLeader HerosLeader . D O V E . D O V E StaidFoal StaidFoal Divon Divon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

See the source image

Damian Turner Holt

This was all a disaster and he knew it. He only escaped the mass murder of his family because he was not at the castle and instead at the university, learning and reading his books. To think that everything that he had ever known was gone, he still was not handling it well. His parents and older siblings were gone and dead, killed by the shade beasts that from what he heard, conquered the entire continent. Every single Kingdom and Territory had fallen under their control in such a short time. It was a victory without warning and was over before anyone had even known that it had started.

He was lucky that he was smuggled out of the university shortly after word arrived of the invasion and the deaths of his family members. He had heard that they had fought and died bravely, but they still were dead. He had no immediate family left. This seemed like the end. But, he had received word from a mysterious voice and he hoped, absolutely hoped that this wasn't some sort of trick to lure him to his death.

Damian listened as he heard the mysterious voice again during his journey. It seemed pretty adamant that they respond so he decided that might be best. "Yes. I am following your instructions and will be there soon. At least I think."
He honestly wasn't completely sure and was traveling with a map as best as he could. He was relatively sure that he was reading the map correctly, but this was the first time he was doing so in a life or death situation.

He had taken off alone as he didn't want to put any of his people under any further danger by sheltering him. Reading the map, it looked like he was arriving at the place. The traveling had made him weary and tired. Damian still had some supplies in his bag, but he hoped that if this place was truly a sanctuary, that they would have something fresh and delicious. Maybe some boar or antelope in a fresh warm stew. That would be nice.

Damian stumbled in through the door. "Am I in the right place?"

------------------------------------
Image result for succubus anime art
Khyluria

Thing were finally looking up for the succubus after being put in charge of The Valley of the Wind. She was getting the castle into the sort of den of debauchery with appropriate red and black satin drapes and furniture, and covering the windows up for a more intimate atmosphere. There were already scantily clad men and woman that moved about the castle and the sounds of pleasures of the flesh coming from the darker and more intimate rooms. It seemed that many of the people were already coming to her line of thinking, not that it took that much on her part to convince them.

The nation was a naval power and gaining control of it, she would be able to gain control of the seas for her dark master and father. He would be happy of that, especially since she was working to keep this nation together. As a naval power, it would become the perfect staging area for an invasions of other nations that exist across the sea. There was no doubt in her mind that her master would not wish to stop at anything less than complete control of the world.

The only disappointment that she had in this situation was that she had to have the royal family killed. That was a direct order from her father. If it were up to her, she would have preferred to have just manipulated them whether through her physical or mental charms to both give and receive pleasure. There is nothing to be gained from a corpse after all.

She was so deep in thought that she realized she was running late for her mid morning pleasure run through the upstairs rooms. Her partners would be wondering where she was, and that would just not do. But before she could begin her morning debauchery, a shade emerged from the nearby shadows with a message.
"The Mad King requires your prescience and those of the other generals. You have all let the Royals slip through your fingers."
After delivering the message, the shade disappeared back into the shadows.

Khyluria felt a cold sweat run down her back. She was so careful to eliminate all the royals in this kingdom. She had planned and mid manipulated people for months before making her moves to catch them all in one place. How could this happen? What could have possibility gone wrong? She started going over things in her head. All the reports that she had recently read on the Kingdom to keep it on order. One thing all of a sudden stood out in her mind. One of the ships from the Navy was missing. There must be a royal on that ship. Surely if she explains it to Father, he would understand. She controls the entire Navy of his nation, she could definitely track him down and eliminate him or maybe even convince her father that she could control him and prop him up as a figurehead. That would make it even easier to rule the country. Perhaps she could turn this into a good thing and Father wouldn't kill her. She really didn't want to die another time. It was very painful.

The succubus called out to her second in command among the humans, "Finnagen, I'm leaving you in charge for a bit. I have to go meet with the Mad King and he is not one to be kept waiting. Please make sure to keep on the plans for the drinking festival and the grand opening of the burlesque house on the main square." She gave him a playful wink.

"It will be done, my lady." Finnagen bowed in response to her words.

With the kingdom in good enough hands until she gets back, she leapt out the nearest window and spread wide her large wings to fly to her Father, the Mad King. As soon as she would arrive, she would make sure to bow deeply and look down at the ground unless instructed to look up. She might be arrogant, but she was not stupid when it came to the supreme power of the Mad King. He did create all of the Generals and the Shades after all.

Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Athanas Athanas HerosLeader HerosLeader . D O V E . D O V E StaidFoal StaidFoal Divon Divon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

IMG.jpg
Jack Rainer
Death.......Death was all that awaited him in his home of Manastisia while the army was thought to be prepared for any sort of attack, they could not have been ready for the slaughter that happened. and in the end what was an inexperienced young man to do, one who had lived a life of luxury and was once told stories of an obsidian knight that was told to be a hero of justice that would save us in our final hour. In the end there was nothing no hero to save our souls, no hope of us to survive this tragedy and no ally or family turn to.
Jack watched upon a far away hill as the place which had already been facing a flux in crime, Descended into chaos. The smoke rising higher in the sky than his tears lowered to the ground. He already lost his uncle, why did the rest of his family have to perish? Was this a punishment from god for his arrogance or the devil to spite his existence? One thing was certain he had to continue fleeing, his morning of them had to be cut short since he was the last of the Rainer family he had a duty to live in memory of them.
Hours turned into Days as he wondered aimlessly through the forest the thought of his families deaths starting to hit him he with no where to go finally decided rest at a tree's side his eyes darkened from the lack of sleep his Kingdom and family gone, why was he even trying to run away ? what point was there in hiding? is it wrong to just give up? "why am i even here?" Jack said pessimistically unsure of where to go from his current predicament, he would let sleep take him hoping that maybe if even for short while he could temporally escape this nightmare called life.​

IMG_0001.jpg
Benjamin Strongwind
Its a normal average day for this middle age bar tender waking up to a new day same subpar job. His time at home would be brief he would prepare for the day throw on his coat to head to his place of business. Approaching the building he fiddles with his keys only glancing at the sign on the building spelling out "Morning Star Tavern & Inn". He opens the door to a familiar sight, Upon opening he's greeted by the sight of his old piano dusty from under use, the 5 circular tables he readies by removing the chairs from atop them, the two rows of booths that mirror each other each accompanied by a shudder windows excluding the corner booths themselves and the Classic bar decorated with a wide verity of liquid goods he has to offer where a door to the left of the bar leads to a well kept kitchen and stairs to the right lead to a floor of vacant rooms meant to house future customers who wish to have an overnight stay which usually tend to be people travailing outside the different kingdoms which has been rather unused as of late.
The Bar tender brews his coffee at his work station looking upon his wonderful establishment as well as a small painting of a woman and child which carry two heavy reminders for him one giving him a reason to keep going each day, the other why he will never remarry . "Guess life is funny that way" he says sipping his coffee and awaiting the first customer of the day if any.​

Image result for shiki anime

Hecate

All the fun was over. The royal families were dead and their kingdoms taken by the shade lords. Hecate didn't want any part of the "adult work" in the least; she didn’t know much about the royal family she killed, the kingdom they ruled over, or about that one royal she took to the Dollhouse. And she didn’t much care, either. At the moment, Daddy was taking control of Manastasia's capital kingdom, revamping its walls, replacing its historical paintings, and mopping up Hecate's mess. She passed by the working shades, who were twice the size of her. She didn't care how shiny the floor was, or how the warm sun glared at her through the windows; she was bored, and sat with her legs against the wall, facing up at the ceiling, and humming the same old tune for the umpteenth time as she repeatedly slammed her heels against the wall in impatience. Maybe the Dollhouse had something in store for her? Hecate stood back up, waving some hand movements before vanishing.

Now standing in front of the dilapidated mansion, Hecate huffed grumpily. She snapped her fingers, and the torches lit up inside, shining through the window. She could hear the inhabitants rise and scamper, fumbling around the furniture and whatever else she placed inside. Perhaps that pretty royal could provide some entertainment? He was strong and had to be her Prince Charming. She couldn't recall his name, despite his younger brother having yelled his name when she took him to the Dollhouse. The ransacking of the mansion ended, and Hecate creaked the door open.

"Take this, you rat!" were the words that greeted Hecate as she stepped inside. She raised her arms instinctively as a chair broke on her upon impact. She quickly glared at her attacker, angry tears forming in her bottomless pits that were her eyes. The other inhabitants stared at the scene, their shock quickly turning into grief. The royal who was to be her boyfriend ran to grab something else to hit her with. Before he could, though, a blue dagger caught his leg and dug into the floor. He fell on his stomach, and when he looked back up, Hecate was standing over him, water lines streaming down her pale cheeks.

She grabbed his head with both hands, hovering her thumbs over his eyes. "B-Bad doll! Now you live in the Closet!" She forced her thumbs in, and his yells echoed throughout the whole mansion. All that the bystanders could do was watch in pity. When Hecate removed her thumbs, the royal's eyes were pitch black like hers. He fell to the floor, limp. She made some hand movements, and a black pit opened beneath him. His mind was still panicking, only seeing darkness. He felt himself fall, landing on a pile of something. How he wished he could move, and how he wished he didn't strike her. After rolling for some time, he had his hands land in an area of whatever the pile was, and could immediately tell what made it up.

Hecate glared into the pit where thousands of men and women, eyes blackened, minds still alive, never aging or tiring or dying, piled up. The floorboards closed up, and she wiped her tears away. When she looked back at her "family," she bore a wide smile. "Let's just pretend we broke up!"

Before she could enter a "roleplay" with them, something popped up from the shadows. She turned, frowning at the shade. "Go away! I told you, only I can go into my Dollhouse!"

In response, it said, "The Mad King requires your presence and those of the other generals. You have all let the Royals slip through your fingers." It vanished into the shadows once again.

It left Hecate looking dumbfounded. "I guess we won't be playing today," she said solemnly, leaving the Dollhouse. The inhabitants breathed a sigh of relief.

Had she missed someone during playtime? There was no way! Hecate always got everyone involved! Think, Hecate, think! She put a knife in the king and queen. The eldest prince or whatever position he held was in the Closet, now. As for the youngest prince, she threw him off the castle tower after he took that armor, into the forest... Could there have been water or some other object of nature that slowed his descent? She grew stressed, and it started to show on her face. Hecate didn't enjoy dying. She was supposed to be Daddy's favorite; she couldn't be punished by him...

Hecate reappeared in the throne room, first to arrive. She looked down at her feet, hands tucked behind her back in guilt...​

Last edited:
[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Arial; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#E2E2E2; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #A90000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #A90000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
N/A
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: On their way to wherever the hell the Mad King is, damn.

[Div class="Line"][/div]

B E L L O W E R || I Did My Job Right, Didn't I? [Div class="Line"][/div]
If the underground Fortress of Garandor felt colder than before, the Shade Lord known as Bellower could not feel it. From the fortress they stood looking out from a tall window which gave them the view of the inner mechanisms of the mining Capital.

Beyond its walls were many dark passageways that led deeper into the mountains. Bellower had explored a few them, as their human form, and found them to be entertaining. Most of them lead to caves that stored different kinds of minerals, particularly the shiny sort, which Bellower gawked at. Other tunnels lead to underground creature "farms", where Garandor's denizens herded edible monsters of the underdark as their source of meat. Bellower had also dawdled there, slaying more of the creatures than collecting them.

Back at the window, Bellower had to constantly rub against the glass as their humid breath fogged it up. Not once did they think to stand a bit further from it to prevent it from fogging. Now the window was stained by grubby fingerprints that, oddly, continued to trail and swirl like cracks in a mirror.

It had been a few days since their successful, kind-of-an-over-kill take-over, and Bellower left the clean-up jobs to their Shades. The dwarves had put up an alright fight, that was to say, it took atleast two strikes of his waraxe to cleave one in half.

Unfortunately the grunts haven't reached the throne room yet, and the remaining living Golrulls had to continue to bear the sight of their deceased relatives bleeding out on the floor. The carpet is definitely ruined.

The current King of Garandor and their youngest son stood by the throne as they watched Bellower step on the Queen's and their other kins' corpses as they paced back and forth.

Bellower had let the youngest son live after performing a little trick; the boy had shakily pulled a ruby from the corpse of his sister's ear.The laughter from Bellower had shaken the dust from the stone columns of Fortress that day. As for the King... Bellower didn't know nor care on how to work the politics and such of Garandor. They decided to rule over the King while the King did their usual Kingly things. Though a noticeable mention to the fact that Bellower couldn't exactly see the King as well as before they had murdered his wife, as if the man's physical form became a mirage. Hazy, illusory. That bothered Bellower as well.

A flurry of footsteps outside the throne room alerted the Shade Lord,their ears perked up to attention and a grin splitting his mouth open. However what came through made him groan in disappointment and behind him the King had to grasp the throne and hold his son to his side to prevent them from falling to the floor from the magnitude of Bellower's volume.

The shade grunt, unperturbed, relayed the message about the Mad King requesting their and the other Shade Lords' presence. "They demand answers as to why the Royals are still alive."

"MAD KING GETS NEWS FAST. I WILL GO AND TELL HIM WHY TWO STILL LIVE WHILE REST ARE DEAD."

As Bellower spoke their words didn't shake the walls or shatter fragile objects. It was still abnormally loud, as if a human was shouting over the hub-bub of a marketplace. In actuality, this was Bellower whispering, as they know that when they speak "normally" the people listening won't be for long.

Bellower turned their head and eyed the two Golrull, a crimson pupil-less gaze observing them. And then they broke into another grin.

"IF TRY TO ESCAPE SHADES WILL KILL YOUR LITTLE ONE, KING. IF TRY AGAIN, I WILL COME BACK AND... " A pause, and a troubled look. "I WILL THROW YOU DOWN TUNNELS AND YOU BREAK A NECK OR SOMETHING. A SLOW DEATH."

Bellower trotted back to the window, leaving the Shade grunt standing awkwardly by the door.

"I'LL BE BACK." With a joyful chortle, Bellower broke through the window (the glass shattered from their laugh long before they ran into it) and landed with a thundering crash onto the grounds below.

The Shade grunt turned to face the King and their last son. "Please try and escape so we can kill you. It's stupidly boring cleaning up your kingdom's gore."
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #A90000; height:3px;"][/div] Coded by Agwordsmith [/div]

Last edited:
Escaflowne_The_Movie_Screenshot_1113.jpg
Steve Freeling
Steve sat in the darkness of his bedroom closet, shell-shocked and frozen. He heard his father's footsteps moving farther and farther away. What does Dad think he's doing? They will kill him! Within seconds, he heard the sounds of swords slashing and limbs plummeting to the floor with a sickening thud as his father's ear-splitting yowl pierced through the air. He awoke with a start, banging his head against the ceiling and letting out a yelp, grabbing his head and briefly ruffling his short brown hair. He was still on the large boat with 120 other men and women who filled out various roles and functions. They thankfully hadn't lost anyone yet, but Steve still wondered what good he was doing. Just fade away, you stupid boy. You're no good for anybody. If you couldn't save your own family, how do you expect to save anyone else? Ever since the aftermath of the attack, Steve thought this way now and again. Oh, God, why? Why me? Why my family? What did they ever do to deserve to die that way? A voice jarred him from his thoughts.
"Steve?"
The tall and slender teen pushed himself into an upright seating on the bed, fully dressed in a blue and white naval uniform aside from a lack of footwear. "It's open."
The door opened and in walked his childhood friend Chihiro Ikari, his own age, who was also the sailor he trusted most as well as his first officer. It was also no secret that she had been the first female to join the Navy. Standing at five foot ten and not wanting to deal with the rowdiest of the male sailors staring at her legs, she wore white pants like the male sailors rather than the blue skirt some of the female sailors were wearing. All sailors wore the same white short-sleeved shirt with two blue stripes on each sleeve and a blue sailor collar with two white stripes at the outer edge. "I heard a scream, are you okay?" The tall and slender brunette's brown eyes were laced with as much worry as her voice as she asked this.
"I'm fine, Chihiro." The obvious pain behind his green eyes told another story.
"Another dream about what happened?"
"Yeah." Even now, the horrifying and fiercely gory images from that night sprinted through his mind. "What's the story in the Valley?"
Chihiro had watched the Valley of the Wind through a window shortly after Steve had gone to bed the previous night, which was shortly before they had set out on their journey. What she saw was something she wished she hadn't seen. Her face took on an expression of disgust. "It's horrible, Steve. That... That meinu* has bewitched many of the people and she is using them as sex slaves." She cursed the Shade Lord who had subjugated the Valley in an ancient tongue.
"Oh, God." Steve dropped his head. "That's what I was afraid of. Is there anything else I should be aware of?"
"We should reach our destination soon. Also, the men are complaining of hunger." Chihiro was the only crew member Steve had told the source of his information, and she also hadn't told anyone else.
"I'm sure I can do something about that."
Petty officer Kurotowa burst into the room. "Ma'am, we have a big fight on the top deck," he told of the situation without missing a beat.
"What is it about this time, food or money?" Chihiro was unamused.
"Neither, ma'am. Toye bragged about having an affair with Glass's husband and they got into it."
"Seriously? Things are hard enough already and she brings that garakuta** up while we're at sea?" Chihiro was becoming less and less amused by the minute.
Steve simply shook his head. The more things change, the more they stay the same. This was one time Steve wished everybody in the Valley didn't know everybody in the Valley.
"Ugh... I gotta go deal with this. I'll leave you to get ready." She followed Kurotowa up to deal with the fight.
Once they had left, Steve answered the voice. "Yes, I've followed your instructions and we should arrive shortly."
Steve put on his socks and shoes and brushed his teeth before going up to meet everyone.
"Enough! If you can't settle your dispute like two adults, by Zen'no no Kami-sama*** above, I will throw the both of you off of this ship to be eaten by the sharks!"
"But she-"
"I don't care who started it! I don't want to have to deal with this again! Understood?!"
"Yes ma'am!"
"Yes ma'am!"
Neither woman was all that eager to be eaten by sharks.
"Good."
Once Steve made it to the top deck, the fight was over and everyone was back to work. At six-three and a half, he cut quite an impressive figure as one of the tallest people on the ship. Everyone still has to eat, too. He walked to the edge of the boat where a 25-foot great white shark was passing by. He grabbed it directly out of the water before punching it. Everyone was stunned.
"Steve, what are you-?" Even Chihiro couldn't believe her eyes.
He punched it repeatedly until it was knocked out cold before pulling out his sword and cutting its head off, throwing the head into the sea and the body onto the deck.
"Take that down to the kitchen so Muska can cook it." Stanley Muska was the ship's cook who would find a way to cook anything you gave him, regarded as a wild man by some because he often didn't wear a shirt and due to his abrasive personality.
"We're eating that?" Some of the sailors were aghast.
Steve smirked. "If Muska can find a way to cook it, yes."
With that, there was no further argument on the issue and the shark's corpse was taken to the kitchen for Muska to cook while the last of the journey was underway.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
*bitch
**crap
***Almighty God

Last edited:
"The reports from the architects of the grand palace are meeting your expectations. The golden-plated arch has been fully constructed and now all that needs to be done is for it to be properly installed"

Elexar couldn't help but crack a smile as the shades that arrived one by one into his study brought nothing but good news. Few things in life were as enjoyable as seeing everything run smoothly and efficiently. He shared his smile with the maid that was currently busying herself cleaning some vases at the side of the room. As he was in his natural form, the gesture only caused the poor girl to shiver in fear, nearly dropping the vase. Thankfully, she managed to hold onto it. If she hadn't, he most likely would have killed her. Or punish her in some way. He despised clumsiness and needless waste.

Of course, the maid was not someone he had hired. Nor was this place his study. While his kingdom lay to the south, he had left soon after his victory to perform a triumph march, all the way here, to the king's doorstep. Mountains of weapons, gold, equipment, and trophies were all paraded all through the capital, shades and humans alike cheering for him, chanting his name. It was true that his victory, while total, had left him sorely dissapointed: For years he had been developing strategems, training up his troops, and experimenting with the different types of shades and equipment they offered. All the maneuvers, the exact distance they could travel in a day, all the tactics and fortifications that they may face....

And instead, all he got was some mediocre castles and even more mediocre levy. Even the royalty themselves-bah! Instead of the glorious fight he had envisioned, their strikes were predictable and clumsy. Even more notably, they lacked magic of any kind. They screamed words into the air-praying, they called it- but it always went unanswered. No mighty flashes from the sky, no thunder, and no magic. Just yelling. How tactically inept!

He had no idea why they considered his takeover such a bad thing, either: From the moment he had assumed control of the entire kingdom, he ruled it with the same efficiency as he did his first forces. Well placed administrators and tax collectors ensured a booming treasury. And while the increases in taxation somewhat angered the locals, they were fully aware there was nothing they could do. But it's not as if he had done nothing for them, either! Currently, roads were being improved, or built from the ground up, so as to facilitate trade. A trading post to the north was halfway to completion, and there already were plans for docks, shipyards and a merchant enclave. His human administrators had suggested that these could be accomplished now, if he chose to pause the construction of a grand statue, as well as the renovation of the palace, the costs of both these things extravagant: But he wouldn't hear it. A great conqueror must have equally great buildings in his territory, so that the world is constantly reminded. Yes, he quite liked that saying.

And so here he was, at some minor nobles house, which the noble had allowed him to use as his office during his stay in the capital. In truth, he should've left a few days ago, once the march was over, but he could not: He was waiting for Azy.

Ah, how he missed her. Missed. She had taught him that the word could also be used to describe things other than failure to hit a target. He missed all the words she taught him, or how she'd show him how to read something beyond a manual. And then, they would have dinner, and sometimes she would dance for him. He could not quite understand it, but there was something about her swaying form in the candlelight that just made him feel... Nice. And of course, that night, when they had gone on the roof. He had told her that there was nothing of worth here, that they were wasting their time. But Azzy had insisted he lie down with her, and she showed him the true beauty of the sky: Billions upon billions of lights, some bigger, some smaller. stars, she had called them. Many of them had a name. He remembered how she wrapped her arms around him, but not in an agressive manner. He was unaware that was even possible, yet rather than being threatening, it had been soothing. He had not realized just how stressed the constant micromanagement of everything was to him until that moment: Yet, being held by her in this bizzare grapple, he suddenly felt... Tired. Tired yet tranquil. Her eyes were staring right into his with an energy he could not decipher, but he was sure it was positive. He looked at her and for a few moments, before he could really get a grip of the situation, he acted without thought. He reciprocated her hold, taking care not to hurt her. He had also felt the urge to plant his lips against hers, but before he could ask her what that meant, she had closed her eyes. Soon, she drifted off to sleep, and while he had many things to take care of, he did not move an inch. He did not dare disturb his friend, but he'd be lying if he said he did it for her alone: He felt... Exhausted. Not physically, of course. But the mental strain was overwhelming. Azy had showed him that there was more to the world than just pure mathematics and logistics. That while someone can be as mighty as him, sometimes, to have other people to offer companionship was a tremendous help. And so, he closed his eyes. He could not sleep like she did.... But he relaxed so much, it was like a wave of pure euphoria crashing down on him. He didn't want this moment to end, ever. By the time he opened his eyes again it was morning. She was waking up. She was beautiful. Another word she had taught him.

But it was not to be. That same day she asked for a short leave. Her brother was sick, she said. And while he enjoyed her presence greatly, he granted her this favor. But it was a short leave, and there was no way his friend would abandon him, right? No, of course not. In just a few days she would be back. She promised. And when she was, he'd finally tell her. That maybe, just maybe, all that he felt, all that weird behavior was a phenomenon the humans liked to call love. A bizzare term, to be sure. But he'd tell her and she would explain it to him. Maybe she would even allow him to try and make contact with her lips. This urge annoyed him, as it was entirely nonsensical and whimsical. But mayhaps-

His train of thought was interrupted by one of the members of his retinue entering the room. From his horribly mangled appearance, be must've been the prince who tried to avenge his father.

"My lord! Forgive the intrusion but the shades claim that word from the king's palace has reached them. You are to present yourself to the King immediately"

Elexar was delighted to hear this. "oOh, how most splendid! Surely, he must have heard of my triumph and wishes to honor me in some manner. Mayhaps he will name me Warden of the South? Or perhaps he wishes to bestow upon me the title of arch-general? Or even-"

The revenant's troubled expression gave him pause. The news weren't good? But how?

"M-My liege, the King wishes to inform you that he has learned from reliable sources that some of the southern royalty escaped. You are summoned to explain this conundrum."

Elexar's inner light flared up with anger. Surviving royalty? Preposterous! He would explain this slander to the king at once, then find the foolish shade that made the mistake and banish it back to the abyss!

Quickly, he assembled the rest of his retinue and headed for the main castle. In but a few hours he was there. He noticed Hecate was there too- visiting her father, or was she too accused of incompetence? Whatever the case, Elexar would not have it. He gave a short bow and began to explain his case: "Your Lordship, I have heard of these accusations and wish to say that they are naught but slander! For you see, I had made sure all escape avenues were tightly sealed! The city was surrounded, with several search parties scouring the perimeter just in case someone managed to impossibly slip through. Every port was blockaded and the deserts scoured from end to end. Every single home in the capital was thoroughly searched and scoured, and many peasants who happened to even have some similarity to the royals were promptly executed. With so many contingencies in place, Lord, I consider it utterly impossible that a royal could have escaped. I dealt with this task in the same meticulous manner as I deal with all, and I will not have my reputation slandered by a mere foot soldier, who is barely smart enough to tell humans apart from animals!" His stance betrayed that there were some hints of anger: His pride was hurt at the mere possibility of failure.

Divon Divon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi StaidFoal StaidFoal Trektek Trektek

Last edited:
"Slander. And a messenger shade lying when they report exactly as they see. And with the report of your failure... I am considerably much more angered with your circumstances then anyone else. At least Bellower has his surviving royalty at the point of near execution! But allow me to ask a question." He gave a nearly demonic grin as his voice changed to that monstrous snarl of a voice. "Where is that girl that was entertaining you? Azy was her name I believe. Absolutely beautiful, and from the descriptions my shades have given me, what a coincidence one of the scouts saw her running to the west. Away from your march that you so pridefully held as your mark escaped because you were to mesmerized in thinking like one of those miserable Pale skins! But it's obvious you haven't failed if you are so defensive so if my scouts are wrong. Show me her so I can cut her head clean off. And if you don't, you will be no longer allowed to hunt her, the task of hunting her will go to Bellower or Khyluria and you will be demoted as your two new siblings will take your place as rulers of the south. Unless you can come up with some excuse that can satisfy me in the chamber before I make it 77 times I have killed you. So come on, where is she?"

In the kings anger he seemed to forget his other creations were but he cared not. Elexar would make a good example of what happens when you allow. "Everyone it seems as though Elexar got very friendly with one of our marks. How do you believe I should punish him unless he shows her to me? Fearsome Bellower should I leave him to you? Or beautiful Khyluria, perhaps we should leave him to the debauchery that you call the western kingdom now. Or maybe dear Hecate, we should let him become part of your Dollhouse. Come now you three he has blundered considerably more then you. At least even with how Khyluria is I can't accuse her of having her way and allowing her mark to escape."

Trektek Trektek Athanas Athanas StaidFoal StaidFoal Divon Divon

ce6b22ecdb21941396f5c96a0825aabd.jpg
Khyluria

Khyluria seemed to arrive at around the same time as her siblings, just in time for the verbal beating that they were all surely about to receive from their Father. He was a powerful man and had much cruelty beneath his veneer of occasional kindness. It was that kindness that she and at least Hecate had a tendency to crave. Perhaps it was the endless torture and killings that each of them had to endure, that drove them to that. She didn't want to ever cross her Father if she could help it. She enjoyed finally being given a certain level of latitude to exist without direct oversight, as Queen and leader of her own realm. Getting called here, was a danger to everything, including her very life, since her Father could very well kill any of them and bring them back. It was not pleasant.

The Succubus had hung back further against the wall, listening as Elexar first attempted to explain his position and then was called out by their Father. Her eyes widened as she soon came to realize what he was saying, that Elexar was having relations with one of the nobles. Hey, that was her schtick, or that was what she would be saying if they were being allowed to let any of them live. Oh the things that she would have done with all those gorgeous looking nobles. It was honestly a shame that they had to be killed by the shades. She didn't do it herself of course. She preferred not to kill if she didn't have to.

Apparently her brother had messed up far worse than any of them. Strange, as she would have thought that Bellower would have made that sort of mistake, before Elexar. He seemed far too focused and tactical about just about everything to make a mistake like that. But, it was clearly done.

Khyluria gently caressed her left hand from her left thigh up to the side of her chest before giving a wicked grin, licking her lips and lightly bobbing up and down before giving Elexar a mock pout. "Oh Lexy, you got yourself a girl and you didn't tell me? I could have had so much fun. And I'm shocked that you even know how."

She turned to the Mad King and bowed before coming up behind Elexar and placing her hands over his chest from the sides. "Father, you should give Elexar to me. There are so many dark delights to be had in my kingdom. And so many people that he could be made to pleasure if he were put to good use."

Khyluria moved back to her starting position and placed her hands together along with the tips of her wings. "I promise to treat him with reckless abandon." She gave a wicked smile at Elexar.

Divon Divon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi StaidFoal StaidFoal Athanas Athanas

Hecate

The fear and guilt in Hecate's dark eyes vanished when Elexar barged in, fire in his eyes and stomping across the carpet. He came up with every excuse imaginable, sounding like garbled jumble to her, and from the look of it, to the king as well. Clearly, she wouldn't be getting the worst of it. She never liked it when Ele spoke his genius out of his mind; it would bore her until she passed out then and there. Against Daddy, though? Most of the time, it ended in his painful demise. She listened from the side, putting her hands on her mouth in excitement when she learned of Ele's lady friend.

It was then that Hecate's eyes wandered to the wall furthest back, Khyluria stood there, amused. All Hecate could wonder was when she got here. Hecate never understood how Khy worked, what she did to make everyone obey her, or pretty much anything about her. She had always wanted to investigate, but was constantly sidetracked by other things. Khy licked her lips with that freakish tongue of hers, making Hecate subconsciously do the same. She watched her walk up to Ele, being far more direct about his girl than Hecate could ever be. She then bowed to Daddy, offering to take Ele to work in her kingdom. She explained that there were "dark delights" in her kingdom, and that he could be made to pleasure. Hecate silently gasped in horror. Khy's going to force Ele to bake sugary pastries for humans?

Hecate puffed her face. She was glad that she herself wasn't the focus of the trouble, but nobody (except for the Mad King, of course) would whisk away big bro Elexar but Hecate!

"No, no, no!" Hecate squealed. She walked up to the two, putting on her "angry" face, having to look up at them as they were twice her size. "Ele can stay with me for now! In my Dollhouse! That way, everyone can have fun! I can replace the dad with him, and then he'll learn to... not do whatever he did wrong!" Hecate didn't exactly have a plan, nor was she good at coming up with stuff on the spot. She was trying, though.

She turned to meet the cold stare of the Mad King. "Can I have him? Pleeeeaasse?"

Divon Divon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Trektek Trektek Athanas Athanas

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Arial; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#E2E2E2; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #A90000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #A90000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
The Mad King
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi | Athanas Athanas | StaidFoal StaidFoal | Trektek Trektek
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: As a writer I actually don't know, but does Bellower? Probably not either. Mad King's Chamber.

[Div class="Line"][/div]

B E L L O W E R || Absolute Scrubs [Div class="Line"][/div] The last to arrive was the new "ruler" of the North, and they entered with nostrils flaring from their expeditious on-foot trek.
They had forgotten to duck underneath the doorway and so a Bellower-head shaped hole was left as a addition to the chamber's door.

They seemed to have arrive at some sort of trading exchange, which they gathered from the last words of Hecate; "Can I have him, please?"
Confused, Bellower glossed over the other three Shade Lords with squinted eyes, until they rested on the Mad King. A deep rumble bubbled from within Bellower's chest as they dropped down to one knee and looked upon the Mad King with the same savage grin that had stayed since they left Garandor.

"ALL DEAD BUT TWO BUT MAD KING MIGHT KNOW ALREADY. DWARF KING LIVES BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW KINGDOM WORKS. LITTLE ONE LIVES BECAUSE HE WAS FUNNY, PULLED RUBY FROM SISTER'S DEAD EAR. MIGHT BE DEAD SOON IF TRY ESCAPE." Their volume fluctated from a human's shout to the rumble of thunder as they spoke excitedly, reporting what they truly believe to be a success, and utterly failing to realise that they, too, were in trouble.

"HAVE OTHERS FAILED TO KILL THEIRS? IF YES, I GO AND FINISH WHAT THEY CAN'T." Bellower stood up and turned their face to smirk at the other three.

They found Khyluria's operations easier to grasp than Elexar's and Hecate's. Atleast Khyluria involved the flesh in some way rather than books and maps, and illusory tricks.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #A90000; height:3px;"][/div] Coded by Agwordsmith [/div]

49533B2F-25C1-4F79-BE55-DC1DD2C156A5.jpeg
Ragthan
A odd sight in the lowlands a northerner no where near there fortress home, and even stranger they seemed not to be a merchant lacking any sort of Cart, only have the cloths on his back a very ornate looking sword and whatever else he was carrying at the time, this man was Ragthan Golrull, spire arc of Garandor, what was he doing so far form home? Well that was exactly what the dwarf was pondering right now sitting under the shade of a large oak tree polishing the family sword as he thought. There must have be some reason right? After all the circumstances made it appear like he had been intentionally exiled? But wasn’t he well liked? Ragthan assumed so but maybe he was wrong? After all the miners did collapse the tunnel behind him yelling something about protecting the royals? Maybe something had happened like a invasion that was a possibility in ragthan mind although he didn’t think any lowlander would even think of assaulting them, let alone get up there without being spotted. He stared into the array of coloured gemstones in the swords guard a new one added every few hundred years or so, this was the family sword ragthan had taken it in one of his.. stranger moods replacing the real one with a similar blade of another noble family. After a few moments ore of quiet contemplation he got up and continued his wandering unsure of what to do next. And likely the only surviving noble to have no clue what had transpired over the past week, and for now it would likely stay that way

Elexar's anger and pride evaporated like morning dew in the scorching sun as he heard the king speak. "Azy was... A royal? But how could I have not known? But more notably.... My feelings-no. No, no , NO! I refuse! I could not have made such a critical error!"

His mind worked furiously to find some logical explanation for all of this. His stance had changed, now nervously looking downwards, the glow in his monstrous eyes dimmed. He heard with increasing concern as the King spoke of his intent to strip him of his titles and reduce him to some sort of thrall. And while he hoped that his fellow lords would jump to his defense, they instead seemed very willing, even arguing with each other about who should get him! He unintentionally jerked forward when Khyluria made contact with his chest. The only two people whom he knew would inititiate contact with him without harmful intent were Hecate and Azy, and from anyone else, it was untrustworthy.

Finally, his mind finished preparing the points he would present to the king. He was so grateful for his ability to remain focused, even under immense stress such as this.

"My King. I currently do not have the royal, and to my understanding, it is I who has been mistaken, and not the Shade. However I implore you to listen to what I have to say before punishing me in such an extreme manner.

First, I wish to wholly and completely deny the allegations that this "Azy" was "my girl", or that I "got friendly" with her, whatever both of these terms are supposed to mean. Let me assure you right now that she was but a trophy, like the hundred others I had in my triumph march, picked only because she was considered aesthetically pleasing to the human eye. Clearly, this royal is masterful at disguise and subterfuge, and as such was able to effectively hide herself amongst the palace's many, many courtiers. As such, while I bear some of the responsibility, I at no point let her go, unlike what seems to be the implication here.

But I also wish to say the following: My liege, you are fully aware of my tremendous ability, both in martial matters, as well as matters of stewardship. Not only does my insightful organization maximise the efficiency, productivity, and public order of my kingdom, but it has also allowed me to devise strategems, units, and tactics to be used by our shades, the efficiency of which can easily be proven on the battlefield. Why, often, my own fellows seek out my counsel as to how they should govern their own lands. Therefore, you can see the many ways both our military and economic infastructure would suffer in my absence. For all these reasons I consider that a demotion and nullification of me would be a tactically unwise choice, and I beg you to reconsider. Indeed my failure is grave, but it is a mistake of little consequence in the grand scheme of things, in addition to being perfectly fixable."

Elexar paused, still not daring to raise his head. He was still furious with himself, as he was perfectly aware of the full extent of his error. And their eagerness to make him into a thrall definitely did very little to help.

Divon Divon StaidFoal StaidFoal Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Trektek Trektek

"You won't make the same error you say... ALL OF YOU STOP THAT BICKERING OR ELSE ALL OF YOU SHALL SUFFER WHAT I PLANNED FOR HIM!" as he shouts the ground shakes, the many torches seam to flicker and change color to a sickly green as he finished. And from the throne he usually hid behind movement could be heard. The sound that comes from each step not the same of as any human. Only the scraping of something sharp going into stone. Yet each step and the eyes that marked their creator seemed to go higher. Until finally he broke the darkness that hid him. Revealing something inhuman. Not the mad king that any of them saw pictures of. His skin had patches of midnight black scales. The bit of him that looks human resembles a moderately good looking man in his lower thirties. But the scales and his towering demeanor could offset any human upon looking at him.

"Your error was very much a blunder I would usually not stand for. But there is a punishment I have in mind. You can still rule, you can still hunt for her. But I now have something special in mind. Should you find her, kill her. Or should you really have these feelings. Conquer her, make her yours. Tear her free will till nothing is left. But should you fail again in either. You will die and not come back, and I will be having my new creations watch over you. So don't think of trying anything crazy because they will relay it to me." Smiling as he reveals razor sharp teeth that could easily tear apart anything should he be hungry before going up close to Elexar and whispering "I know what it means to love, but believe me, humans are liars and manipulators at heart. I learned that the hard way. You will come to realize this upon prolonged contact to the paleskins." Releasing his shade lord as he begin to walk back to his throne. "The rest of you however, you still need to kill the last royal member you failed to kill. Unless they come directly to this castle. In which case all of you shall watch as I show the fools how little of a chance they actually have against me. Let them rush to their graves, or servitude. I am a merciful king after all."

Athanas Athanas Trektek Trektek StaidFoal StaidFoal Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah Damien I presume? You are in time, allow me to go in. I must have a chat with the owner of this establishment. What I will ask of him is dangerous and I would rather you wait out here for the others. I will come out once Negotiations are complete then we can finally sit down for introductions. La fortuna ti sta sorridendo oggi e possa continuare a essere così." He finished in his native tongue a sign of good will to the human. But now was not the time as he went inside to converse with the owner.

"Excuse me good sir. I am here wishing to procure lodgings and food for some people that have just suffered quite the journey. I am willing to compensate you in whatever way you deem necessary. There will be six of us in total. And I shall keep an eye on them as best as I can to make sure there will not be much trouble for you. And for any potential damages just tell me the cost and I shall pay you accordingly." Drellin made sure to be as polite and accomodating to this older gentlemen as best as he could. He had not the slightest idea if he was doing anything wrong. But at the moment everything was coming together, his mind could not slow. He needed to share everything he could when they come. And even then he was unfamiliar with the culture of these people. So he had to hold back all of his Elven tendencies for quite a bit to not seem as weird and alien as he already was.

HerosLeader HerosLeader Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

[class name=font] font-size:14px; padding:25px; text-align:justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size:34px; text-align:center; color:#fc8c03; [/class] [div class=title]Azyvah de Avalannah[/div][div class=font]
c6ee71a3b4304aa0fda4e8b3d2268ef5.jpg
One, two, three. One swift move and it will all be over. One, two, three. Two trembling hands holding on to a saving edge. One, two, three. Three haunting words whispered into dead air.

"Please forgive me."

The metal felt cold against her throat.

"Please forgive me."

But her tears felt warm against her cheeks.

"Please forgive me."

She tightened her grip on the knife's hilt. One swift move would free her from this endless nightmare. Just one, and she'll be able to escape the cruel chains of misery. One, two, three-

"What do you think you're doing, Azyvanah?" A voice called out from behind her.

It sounded very familiar, and she immediately knew it was the same voice she would often hear before succumbing to sleep. She turned around and found herself facing a woman. She was a blend of dark skin, raven hair, and crimson eyes- a replica of herself.

Her copy drew nearer, grinning at her with mockery, "I thought you were strong, Azy?" She remained still even when it moved behind her and traced her arms with its fingers, "Isn't that what you told your family all those months ago? That you deserve the crown because you're better than them. The kingdom should be yours because you're stronger, braver, and smarter than all your foolish siblings and ignorant parents combined. Isn't that what you said?" she felt its hands wrap around hers, gently pushing the blade away from her throat.

"Look below you." It whispered against her ear, and Azy found herself quick to comply.

A gasp escaped her lips when she suddenly found herself alone on the highest balcony of the Golden Palace. Azy looked at her kingdom, being defiled by the invaders while the sounds of war echoed throughout the city. She felt herself tremble as she relived the horrific moment, feeling helpless as she listened to her people's cry for help.

She took a step back and bumped against someone. "What's the matter, sister? Are you afraid?" Azy froze, her eyes wide with realization. It was Dyz- her twin brother and rightful heir to the throne. "Face me, sister." He said, and she slowly turned around. She saw his face and barely recognized her brother. His mutilated form made her knees feel weak. "You said you were the best of us." he drew his face closer towards her, "But I don't think that's true. You weren't given the crown because you are both weak and a coward." she took a step back with his every words until her back pressed against the parapet, "Because what did you do when they took our mother and siblings away?"

Azy shut her eyes tight as she waited to be pushed down the balcony. But it never came. Instead, she felt the parapets extend into a higher wall along with the abrupt absence of the noise and the open air. She opened them again, only to find herself in a dark corner. A few steps away from her were her mother and siblings resisting capture from the invaders. She watched in complete misery while everything unfolded, knowing full well how it will end. All of a sudden, the scene froze. Chills went down her spine when everyone slowly craned their necks to look at her eerily. Their dead eyes bore through her soul before they all screamed in unison:

"YOU DID NOTHING!"

"NO!" she screamed, falling to the ground with her hands covering her face. She sobbed helplessly against the cold floor until she felt gentle caresses on her back.

She opened her eyes once again and realized that she was now on a rooftop, lying on top of someone. It was Elexar, whose intense gaze focused on her, as though he didn't want to miss a single moment. Azy noted that his gaze held a certain warmth that contrasted with his rough exterior. A barrage of emotions began to hit her as held her tenderly, handling her as though she was the most precious thing in the world. She rose from his quiet chest and straddled him, locking her red orbs with his steel ones.

Standing around them was her entire family- stuck in their gruesome state as they all pointed at the man lying below her. "He killed us." her father began. Azy found a knife within her hands once more but she never took her eyes off Elexar. "He took everything from you. Your entire family, your people, your kingdom, your freedom, and he will take more and more until there's nothing left. You must be strong, Azyvah. Who will stop that monster if you're gone?" his words entered her mind like poison.

She raised the knife.

"Avenge us."

Azyvanah's eyes fluttered open as she awoke with cold sweat. She heaved for air as she did her best to compose herself. The royalty could hear a faint voice from somewhere, but she couldn't exactly pinpoint from which direction.

"Now.... top... Did ..... listen to the instructions I ..... the tavern I had told us to meet up at, not anything special to look at. But I will be staying here at the front... waiting hoping all of you are still alive... Which would be very much a pain if I hear silence because you all can reply back to this."

Finally, the haze that her dream induced into her mind lifted and she was finally able to comprehend the situation. The message wasn't coming from a direction, but was instead in her head. She was shocked, but it wasn't as strong as the one she felt when it first happened. Initially, she thought that she was starting to hallucinate because of her lack of proper sleep and grief, but she was convinced otherwise now. It seemed to be some sort of... magic. Like one of those supernatural abilities that elders from the Dominion would usually tell her about. Of course, Azy had been quick to dismiss them all and counter them with logic, but it seemed like she was wrong.

"I-I got your message, and I'm following your instructions." she spoke out loud, unsure if she was doing it right. Was she supposed to say the reply out loud or think about it? She had no way to tell so she simply did both, praying that it would work. Yes, this was probably a foolish move. She shouldn't trust a stranger who can pull otherworldy tricks especially since she was aware that there were terrible individuals who can perform things of similar nature. But it wasn't like she has other choices. She received news that the other kingdoms have also been conquered, including their allies, so she didn't have anywhere else to escape to.

With that thought in mind, Azy rose from the shade underneath a giant tree and mounted her horse. She has been riding towards the West ever since she managed to outfox her captor to let her leave. She knew that she couldn't keep pretending to be his friendly courtier forever. One way or another, Elexar will know that she's a royalty and she will suffer the same fate as the rest of her family. A bitter look crossed her face as she continued to ride for the fated tavern.

Azy prayed that she was heading to the right tavern. Truth to be told, she has never been outside of the Dominion until Elexar decided to parade her around as one of his breathing trophy. However, that didn't mean that she was entirely clueless to what's outside of her kingdom. She has the entire world map adhered to her brain thanks to the countless of hours she spent hunched over her study desk, imagining what lies beyond the sand and the Sullied sea. Hah, look at her now. Perhaps what they say is true. Be careful what you wish for.

As she neared the tavern, she noticed a man standing outside. She mounted off her horse and stationed it to the small stable beside the said establishment. Azy pulled on her hood and approached the man. If she was indeed in the right place, then this man might either be the a fellow royal or the one who sent the message.

"Am I in the right place?" she asked.

Trektek Trektek Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Athanas Athanas [/div][div class=font] [/div]

Last edited:
6285039ba1dfc0e09c03ebc0a8b9a23f.jpg

Damian Turner Holt

Damian turned to look at the man before him. He looked non human, an elf perhaps, from the tales? If he was getting that right. The young Prince was just so tired from his harrowing journey and still dealing mentally with the deaths of his entire family. The only thing that helped ease him in his mind was that he did not see their deaths. It was still a terrible feeling to know that he would never see them again. To know that they last parted on such poor terms. He didn't want anything to do with their war mongering. He was not a warrior. He only learned the basics because he had no choice in the matter.

"Yyes. I am Damian. I presume that you are the one that was communicating through my mind?" He nodded at the man as he walked into the tavern. He would wait outside and hope that nothing would jump out at him from the shadows. He now lived in a day and age where that was a possibility. A terrifying notion to be sure.

Damian almost jumped out of his skin in fright when the fellow royal spoke up to him. He was so focused on elsewhere that he did not hear her move up upon him. And he was still very very jumpy at the present.
He quickly tried to fix himself and brush the dirt off his clothing. Just from her appearance, he could tell that she must have been another of the escaped nobility. That was a comforting notion. That there were others out there that lived, even if they weren't from his nation.

"You are indeed in the right place. The man who gave the instructions went inside. I'm glad that someone else survived." He gave a deep bow, followed by holding her hand and giving it a kiss. He was not so deeply scared that he had forgotten proper etiquette when dealing with a princess or noble from another land.

"I had forgotten my manners. I am Damian Turner Holt of the Holt Dynasty. And I believe that you are Princess Azyvah de Avalannah of The Golden Dominion. If I am not mistaken." He backed away to a respectable distance as he didn't want to be presumptuous. Surely she was in shock, he had heard that all the kingdoms had been conquered and the royalty killed. So anyone coming to this tavern that was a noble would likely have no family left.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi , @ . D O V E . D O V E

--------------------------------------

ce6b22ecdb21941396f5c96a0825aabd.jpg

Khyluria

She listened as Elexar floundered a bit while talking to their father. It was cute in a way that he had found love. It was just the wrong place to try to find it. Not that she was one to talk. If not for their Father's explicit instructions that all the royals were to be killed and the kingdoms to be conquered, she would have seduced her way through the family and made them all loyal retainers to her administration. It would have freed her up to have more fun times with the den of debauchery that she was turning the kingdom into at any rate.

If it hadn't gone against everything that their Father had wanted, Khyluria would have worked with Elexar to gain the love and affection of that princess. Maybe give him a few pointers, maybe watch. Her poor brother was getting so flustered and she honestly would have scrambled to do the same, but the anger on his face was palpable.
Khyluria jumped back a bit at the loud angry voice of the Mad King. She was certainly not expecting the booming anger and not aimed at them, at least not yet. It came as a shock, but not as shocking as the shaking of the room followed by the scraping noises as though something heavy and metallic were being dragged across the floor. It was grating on the ears and carried an unpleasantness that carried itself down to the pit of her stomach.

Her eyes widened as she gazed upon the true form of their Father. He was both handsome and hideous at the same time. Clearly a product of powerful magics. She was terrified. It was not just gazing at his true form, but to know that he could kill any of them without remorse permanently. In her mind, they were a family. He created them and he was their father, but he held them all as minions. She would have to continue to not disappoint him. She would need to acquire the Royal that had eluded her grasp.

Elexar was the strongest of her siblings, and even he was nothing before the power that existed within their Father. It was a terrifying sight and one that gave her pause. She didn't want to die and she didn't want any of her siblings to be killed either, even Bellower.

She stepped forward. "Father, would I be allowed to take the noble that I am after? I would so very much like a new special friend for the castle." Khyluria smiled deliciously, recovered from her previous terrified bout. "It might make things easier than just hunting down this Prince."

Athanas Athanas StaidFoal StaidFoal Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

IMG_0001.jpg
Benjamin Strongwind
The bar tender sips his coffee while reading his book its was a quiet day in the bar none of the average traveling drunks to bother him every 10 minutes it was quiet peaceful almost nothing could stop him from finishing his cup of coffee, least that was until he heard its voice. Benjamin took a sip of his coffee enjoying the taste and boost of energy it provided he probably could have been like that for hours. Unfortunately the sudden loud outburst from a tall looking man took him by surprise, as he jolted his grip on his mug as it flung into the air coffee and all. He watched as it span to anyone else it was for a moment but, for him it was several for as the cup span in the air the contents of it spreading out it twas like watching the life of a flower blooming and wilting in mere seconds before the cup landed on the ground shattering into little pieces and the liquid also landed by the end it had looked as if a murder of a cup had taken place.
Benjamin sighed in a tone of disappointment not in that if the new patron but in himself for thinking that he'd ever get to finish that cup of coffee. He looked to the man that had more or less loudly announced taking a bit to look him up and down sizing the feel trying to read him. His face was not mad, happy nor sad but it was natural he brushed off some of the glass shards of the table and closed his book he cleared his throat to prepare his first word towards the man while also regaining his composure over the loss of his drink that he'd cherished as short of a life that it had.
"ah sorry about that i was enjoying a cup of Coffee before you....Arrived six total you said correct?" there was a bit of a different tone when he said coffee he spoke as he cleaned up the mess. While cleaning he asked "so i only see one out of six I assume more will be accompanying your presence sir ?" he looked at Drellin not showing any distinct emotion when asking the question.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
The Mad King
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi | Athanas Athanas | Trektek Trektek | StaidFoal StaidFoal
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: As a writer I actually don't know, but does Bellower? Probably not either. Mad King's Chamber.

[Div class="Line"][/div]

B E L L O W E R || Beginning of the Hunt, huh? [Div class="Line"][/div]
Bellower had only listened to the first few sentences of Elexar's regular, yet stupidly long, monologues before rolling their eyes and picking at the tusks that framed their mouth.
That was the main characteristic of Elexar that Bellower absolutely hated; once the bumbling intellectual rambled on, the simple barbarian often became frustrated. They couldn't keep up with something like that, and they knew, even with their lower intellect, that they were often missing out something important in Elexar's words from how Hecate, Khyluria and, at times the Mad King, reacted.

Not like it should matter too much to Bellower anyway, as long as Elexar helps them with the harder thinking stuff then it should suffice. Though sometimes it could be nice, one day, to really understand--

Out of reflex, Bellower's hand unsheathed the war-axe from their back when they felt a threat looming over them... no, the entire chamber. Their jaw dropped wide when they revelled in the true form of the Mad King, Bellower's creator and Almighty Commander. They slightly fumbled with sliding their waraxe behind them as the noise that the Mad King produced was far, far more eerie and tremendous than the loudest out of all Shade Lords.

Well, Bellower had gotten it from somewhere after all.

Red, pupil-less eyes flitted between the Mad King, Elexar and Khyluria. Without even realising it at the time Bellower had moved closer to the side of Hecate -- sometimes with Bellower's towering stature one could forget he was the third "youngest" out of the Shade Lords. Not like they viewed them as a family of sorts, they were all just soldiers in a game of war.

"IF MAD KING SAYS ONE ROYAL HAD ESCAPED, THEN I WILL FIND AND KILL. BUT DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO KILL KING OF NORTH AND FUNNY BOYCHILD TOO?" Bellower threw in their question after Khyluria's, their head tilted to side. Their voice felt like the booming chime of a rung church bell; hollow but reverberating.

"KING OF NORTH CAN RUN KINGDOM WHILE I HUNT FOR MISSING ROYAL, SO I KILL AFTER...?".

Also Bellower does not know how to run a bloody Kingdom, but they chose to leave that part out because they've already said that before. Probably the Mad King didn't care about it, which Bellower respected. Bellower wouldn't need to run a Kingdom if they killed everyone in it.

Last edited:

Hecate

Hecate stood behind Elexar while he went on about explaining himself, throwing in words that she did not even know how to say and rambling nonstop. The only thing she could take from that was Ele denying any relationship with the woman that Daddy spoke of earlier. Now disappointed, she dozed off, and whatever else he had to say for himself became "blah blah blah" to her ears. In that time, she noticed Bellower arrive. The most annoying part of the family, at least to her. But still family nonetheless, and she would hate to see him gone. Maybe she could--

"ALL OF YOU STOP BICKERING," were the words, possibly more threatening than Bellower's, that snapped Hecate out of her train of thought. She instantly put her arms around whatever was closest to her. Then came the noises from behind the throne; they were the embodiment of what she imagined the monsters from the humans' tales would sound like. They came like footsteps, getting louder each time; closer. with each step, she hugged whatever she held onto tighter. The torches flickered to different color of flame, and the floating eyes that marked the Mad King soon became attached to the body. Hecate's arms grew tired, and her eyes widened at the sight beholding her. Daddy has shown himself, and he looked nothing like Hecate thought he would. In fact, he was far more scary than what she could even imagine.

She was terrified, so much so that she could do nothing--not even move--but to stay and listen. "...kill the last royal member you failed to kill..." he would order. Hecate only nodded, and she heard the other siblings dare to ask Daddy a question. Were they not scared? she wondered, but it was just her child-like mind, unable to find the courage the others had had.

She then realized just what it was she grappled onto and squeezed with all her might (which was not a lot). She looked up at Elexar, and Hecate worried what his reaction would be. "O-Oh... sorry, Ele..." she whimpered, slowly letting go. "Not scared... Like you; not scared, ever!"

Hecate stepped away, looking down at her feet and tucking her hands behind her back once again. She had never seen Daddy like this before, and she wanted to leave as soon as possible. She wanted to swat the missing royal, just so he wouldn't even think of turning his anger towards her. It would have to wait for now, though, for what felt like a year-long nightmare was passing by.

Divon Divon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Trektek Trektek Athanas Athanas

Last edited:
AA8557E2-24E3-4BEB-A5D7-99B759496B1F.jpeg
Ragthan
interactions: . D O V E . D O V E Trektek Trektek
Ragthan had only walked for a few minutes form where he had previously been. when the intrusive message pieced the nobles mind causing him to stop dead in his tracks, something about instructions and a tavern. Of course this was somewhat confusing for lost northerner but ragthan was glad that he now had some direction where ever it might take him. “Err i’m nae sure whit yer oan abit laddie” he spoke to no one in particular assuming that would serfice for a response. Giving it A bit more time to sink in as to what exactly just happened ragthan stroked his beard thoughtfully, he remembered something, picking through one of the pouches on his belt, he pulled out a bit of parchment that was a map of the local area. “Weel if yer talkin' abit a tavern Ah assume its th' a body sooth ay haur?” ragthan asked aloud to no one in particular, before setting off in the direction of the tavern.

When he did reach what he assumed to be the right location. There was a pair of lowlanders and judging by there attire the female was likely a southerner of the golden dominion and the male? Well ragthan wasn’t too sure but he did catch him saying something about a holt dynasty? They both appeared to be of noble bloodlines and where makings introductions. if he was going to butt in ragthan thought it better to do the same “Awrite thaur pardon mah intrusion, names ragthan golrull of garandor. ye baith look like nobles hiner i’m nae mistaken

(Ok so sorry if this is bad, just wanted to move the plot along also found a accent translator I can always just like stop using it)

Elexar was rather happy with his logical presentation, and the fact that he was still standing was a testament to his ability to get his point across. The mad king's yelling was unexpected and tremendously loud. Even Elexar, unflinching and capable of maintaining his composure under extreme duress found himself somewhat unnerved by this display. He felt a pressure against his waist, but this time he didn't flinch: He knew who it was from. Instead he defensively wrapped an arm around Hecate, as if to shield her from whatever punishment the mad king intended to inflict upon him.

His true form was worrying, and that was coming from someone whose true face was a distorted, menacing grin, with an eerie glow that originated from within his skull. He was massive, as massive as Bellower and maybe more so, combining characteristics that betrayed refinement with other, more primal ones. As he approached further, denying Elexar the slightest breathing room, his worry increased, and his grip on the little shade tightened, hoping that she wouldn't be punished for clinging to him like that.

The King's advice was sound, and he once more berated himself for not having arrived to that conclusion himself. The King's punishment, too, was reasonable: He was to slay, or break Azy. Perfectly doable, of course. Yet somehow, he felt... Unenthusiastic about his task. He cursed himself mentally. What was happening to him?

'Rest assured Lord that should I come across this royal, I will break her without the slightest hesitation. But she is cunning, and tracking her is bound to be difficult. Moreover, my pursuit will be inevitably slowed as I will be forced to devote time to matters of state. As such, while I guarantee the eventual success, I ask for leniency regarding the timeframe. After all, it is not as if though time will aid them in the slightest. Alone, with little or null support, they will be unable to cause trouble."

Breathing an internal sigh of relief as the situation had resolved itself without grave consequences, he looked down at Hecate, who was apologizing to him for showing fear. His eyes turned a gentler shade of yellow while his hideous grin lessened in width. His fellows would know that to be his attempt at a smile. He ruffled her hair. "Do not feel bad. To my understanding, fear of a paternal figure is normal. So long as that fear does not extend to an inability to perform well, no one shall judge you, little one."

He turned to the other two, his grotesque features returning: "Lady Khyluria, I say say, your eagerness to turn me into a pro...prost- prostitute? Does not reflect well on you. You did not even stop to ponder the consequences for a moment before suggesting such a thing. For shame!"

"And you,Lord-General Bellower. Keeping the King alive is unwise: He has a serious grudge against you, and while taking his son hostage is a bold move, he can still covertly plot against us. I advise finding a loyalist amongst the local nobility instead."

With both these matters out of the way he once more turned to the King"If my liege can spare a moment, I may have something to ask of thy lordship."

Divon Divon Trektek Trektek Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi StaidFoal StaidFoal

[class name=font] font-size:14px; padding:25px; text-align:justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size:34px; text-align:center; color:#fc8c03; [/class] [div class=title]Azyvah de Avalannah[/div][div class=font]
c6ee71a3b4304aa0fda4e8b3d2268ef5.jpg
Azyvah knew that she was in the right place the moment he jolted upon her question. She felt sympathetic. It was safe to assume that the two of them witnessed the same horror. It was impossible to feel safe when every day felt like walking through an endless minefield.

She let out a sigh of relief when he confirmed her thoughts. She had been in distress for so long that she had almost forgotten how good it felt. A smile fell on her lips when he bowed and kissed the back of her hand. She returned the formality with a perfect curtsy, "You are correct, Prince Damian Turner Holt of the Holt Dynasty. I am Princess Azyvah de Avalannah of The Golden Dominion."

"I praise the stars for this moment, Prince Holt." she said with sincerity, but she still opted to address him formally, "You are a comforting sight as well. It has been a long time since I last saw you when your family visited the South." Her eyes glistened with tears as she recalled the peaceful times. Oh, what would she do to travel back to the past? Alas, it was an impossible thought.

She willed herself to keep herself from crying, flinging her attention to another matter instead. Damian claimed that the man who gave the instructions went inside the tavern. Azy assumed that he was most likely conversing with the owner. Housing five royalties, whom mighty beings hunt, was beyond dangerous for both parties. She hoped that whoever owned the business wouldn't think of selling them out.

"If you don't mind a question, Prince Holt- but did you receive the instructions within your head?" the woman asked with apparent bewilderment. She needed to make sure that she wasn't going mad with all the things that have been happening. A woman of logic such as herself found it difficult to believe in magic.

However, a voice appeared from beside her. Azy felt the same as Damian did when she spoke to him, gasping as she turned her head to the voice's direction. But she saw nothing- until her gaze fell downward and found a Northerner.

The princess's assumption was proven to be correct when the dwarf introduced himself. While it was true that she barely understood what he said, she still managed to catch his name. The realization hit her quick- he was a fellow surviving royalty. She had studied about Garandor and its ruling clan before. She had also seen images of the sword on Ragthan's possession and knew that it belonged to their royalty.

Azy offered the same curtsy as she did earlier, "I thank the stars for meeting you, Prince Ragthan Golrull of Garandor. You are not mistaken, but am I correct in assuming that you received a message as well?"

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Trektek Trektek [/div][div class=font] [/div]

Escaflowne_The_Movie_Screenshot_1113.jpg
Steve Freeling
What will we do? Can this man really help? For the second time that day, a voice pulled Steve from his thoughts.
"Sir!"
"Yes, Kurotowa?"
"We've arrived, sir!"
"Okay, good. Drop the anchor and idle the wheel."
"Yes, sir!" The petty officer wasted no time following orders once they were close enough to land.
"Commander Ikari." They addressed each other a little differently around the other crew members from when it was just the two of them.
"Yes, sir."
"You're in charge while I'm gone."
"You're sure? What if it turns out to be a trap set by-?"
"I've got a good feeling about this one. It'll be fine. Don't worry."
"If you say so."
"Trust me on this one." Steve exited the ship and walked towards the tavern. Before long, he made it there. Is this the place? There was one person he recognized right away. He approached her shortly.
"Azy?" Why is she here? Don't tell me they- The realization hit him like a castle collapsing with someone inside and he looked even more downcast. "They killed your family, too."
He also saw three men. The third looked human, but his ears struck Steve as unusual. Two of the other royals, Damian and Ragthan. Jesus, how many families have they done this to? Did they get Jack's family, too? I guess I should introduce myself since we haven't properly met until now.
"I'm Steve Freeling. I'm from the Valley of the Wind." He also addressed the third man. "Are you the one who gave the instructions?"
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi . D O V E . D O V E Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Trektek Trektek

Last edited:
Jack Rainer
Jack awoke in his room drenched in a cold sweat as if all he experienced was nightmare his screams were heard as his little sister ran in to his room. When he saw here tears flowed down his face as he looked at his little sister as if he had not seen her in ages but she was here in front of him, almost out of pure instinct Jack hugged her tightly as if a parent would their own child.
"H-hay whats gotten into you brother did something happen last night you seem shook up" Joseline said with concern. "I'm just glad your safe im sorry i've acted so selfish all these years I will be there for you for as long as you need me ok." Jack spoke though whimpers of sadness and joy but then his sister said "then just live thats all i wish for silly". This puzzled Jack but before he could say anything Joseline said "oh Uncle Peter wants to see you after breakfast" Jack responded "Uncle Peter !? he-" Joseline " Now wash up and get dressed Father and Mother are hear and the maids made our favorite" Jack smiled "Meat and Eggs with wheat toast....yeah i remember".
As soon as Joseline left Jack had put on some fresh attire and had Breakfest with his Mother sister and father, the moment was so surreal he remembers that in the dream some shade creature killed them all was this a sign that he needed to be more in their lives from now on? was this his chance to mend the relationship with his family before its too late? Before had had time to reflect his uncle walked in "morning everyone. Thomas not to interrupt on you all enjoying Lilith and Elizabeth's amazing cooking, but could i borrow Jacky for a second there is something real quick" Thomas "certainly Peter, Jack your excused for now don't worry sun we'll be here when you get back." Jack nodded and followed his uncle to the living room.
Upon entering Jack noted the small table and to chairs that were not normally there his Uncle gesturing for him to have a seat which he reluctantly did. "So Uncle what are-" Peter interrupted "What are ya bucko? " Jack replied "W-What do you mean" Peter sighed "look i figured you my want to see em all one last time "
Jack then realized he was not in Manastisia anymore everyone really died his heart dropped upon this occurring. His Uncle chimed in "its alright Jacky take your time i know it must be hard on ya but you gotta live for all of us you know that right" Jack then spoke "but how am i suppose to live with myself everyone i loved is dead i mean losing you a year ago was worse enough, after this how do i move on from this." Peter remained silent. "Joseline had dreams Father was going to listen to my ideas about the crime rate and i-i....only changed after what you taught me even Clarence, Lizzy and Lily had ambitions they wanted to achieve and i don't even know if they're dead face it uncle imma coward" Jack broke down but then Peter placed a hand on his shoulder. "Look Jacky your father told you to run that night and you did ....the girls and Bole would have told you the same thing ." there was a long pause for a moment until Peter Spoke again. "Jack i wont force you to do anything but everyone the people you loved believed in you and have high hopes for you but there is one thing when you wake up theres a small note in the armor your wearing all i ask is you read it then decide whether if you want to go meet the others at the tavern or you can take the sword i gave ya and join the rest of us here its your choice Jack your man now your not bounded by the responsibility left to you in the end the choice is yours." his uncle began to fade along with the dream and before he knew it he was under the tree again only met by the stars that filled the sky.
Jack remembered every detail of the dream, he remembered his Uncle bring up a note in the armor. Jack searched and found a small piece of paper folded in the breast plate he read it carefully the moon illuminated the area enough to read.
To My nephew Jack Rainer

Hay there Jacky I dont know how old you'll be when you read this but if you are than i probably past away. I wanted to leave you something behind worth while to show that no matter how tough things get or how bad things seem know that i support anything you wish to do in your life know that our family means much more then leading a kingdom but its the responsibility that comes with it and what you do with that responsibility is up to you. I bring this up because i know that you'll become the man that i know people will look up to there's more to this world then Wealth and cute Girls jacky but the experience of change and the ups and downs that come with it. Jack promise me this even when your at your lowest moment try to find away to pick yourself back up and take the world by the horns on your terms not terms set by god your father or even me. Lastly i wanted to let you know that I love ya Jacky we all do and i cant wait to see what type of man you'll become.

Your Uncle Peter Rainer

He looked and read the note seeing his uncle was not good with words in terms of inspiring people. He had two choices end it here or Live on and find away to save his home. He looked to the sword and then the moon memories flashing in his head one by one. The time his Uncle taught him swordsmanship, The first time he was introduced to Elizabeth and Lilith, The Events he attended with his Father and Mother to make friends with those of other kingdoms, All the times he had gotten help from Joseline with homework and figuring out how to talk to girls which didn't help when he professed how beautiful the Maids Elizabeth and Lilith were which lead to awkward moments in there own, even how everyone was there for him after his Uncle Peters Death. With each good memory he had the reminder of the shades attack on Manastisia became more apparent.
He Grasp the the hilt of the longsword and held it up Jacks life was in his own hands and after hours of reflecting on every moment of his Life he sheathed the sword and fallowed the voice that at first he thought was the voice of his Deceased Uncle turned out to be someone entirely new while not as tired as before he was very malnourished and would not arrive at the tavern until the moon was at its zenith in the dark sky.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back