• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reckless Kings Character Thread

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
Character Creation Guidelines
Below you'll find templates for creating your character and an explanation of what needs to go in every section, however there are some broader guidelines I've put in place to help everyone create characters that are fun to play and fun to play with.

• Leave some room to grow: Your character is just starting out at this whole, magical gangster thing and the point totals you have to begin with put you at the lower end of the scale. You should keep that in mind while crafting your backstory and personality as well, it's not going to make a whole lot of sense to play someone with a lot of previous experience because your abilities simply won't support it. Growth is going to be a big part of this RP and you'll become much stronger over the course of it. That process will be a lot more satisfying if your character is developing as a person at the same time.

• Motivation is key: Your character is about to embark on a pretty significant journey and a dangerous one at that. It's important to consider why they're doing so, a strongly motivated character will be able to engage more strongly with the plot and will help you make decisions for them in a more interesting and consistent manner.

• Before you post your CS in the thread PM it to me and the other GM's! This one's important so don't forget it. Remember that's me, Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo and KageYuuki KageYuuki

• If you want to make a fancy, elaborately coded CS provide a version in the original formatting: I like to refer back to CSs frequently, its helpful for me to have all the information I need, exactly where I expect it to be. So if you enjoy prettying up your CSes that's fine, just be sure to provide a version in the original formatting.

Character Sheet Explanation
This is a quick run through of the skeleton for your character, letting you know what goes in each section. Further down you can find the exact code to get it how it should look

Personal Information

Name
(should be self Explanatory)

Appearance
(A picture or detailed description is fine, if using a picture be sure to detail any changes you would like to make

(characters should be at least late teens)

Personality
(What kind of person is your character? What do they value? What do they dislike? What kind of approaches do they tend to take. Should be at least a paragraph)

Biography
(How did your character come to be where and who they are? What was their childhood like, what kind of relationships have they formed? Also, why are they planning to join a newly formed street gang? Two to three paragraphs would be nice.)

Combat Information

Affinities
(These numbers govern your affinity for the different Grand Schools of magic. You can read more about them in the lore section but the short version is as follows. You get 10 points to allocate as you see fit by using the table below, the higher your score is, the more quickly and efficiently you can cast the related spells.

Red Magic: Energy magic, explosion, forces, face melting. Generally offensive

Blue Magic: Information magic, extrasensory, mental powers, illusions. Generally Utility focused

Green Magic: Nature magic, manipulate or create plants and animals, heal. Mixed bag with support or front-line capabilities

Black Magic: Material magic, move, shape and alter matter of various kinds. Powerful defensive capabilities

White Magic: Spirit magic, call upon demons or magical creatures to aid or fight for you. Versatile but unreliable

Red Magic Blue Magic Green Magic White Magic Black Magic Total
0-10 0-10 0-10 0-10 0-10 10

Core skills
(Core skills are a set of basic, supernatural abilities. They cost mana to use but don't require an incantation and are available to all mages, though they require training to master. You get 20 points to allocate as you see fit by using the table below although you can't have more than ten points in a single category to begin with. THese skills largely determine your effectivness with weapons and equipment. Striking is used with weapons, even ranged ones and Hardening can be used to improve the durability of equipment or armor so keep that in mind while allocating your points)

Striking: Release small bursts of mana from the body or a weapon to amplify striking power. Hit like a truck

Perception: Enhance senses, improving awareness and allowing one to detect and analyses magic and mages at a distance. See trucks coming.

Agility: Enhance flexibility, reflexes and muscle performance, improving athletic ability overalls. Backflip over trucks.

Hardening: Gather mana in parts of the body or objects to improve durability. Get hit by a truck and walk it off.

Recovery: Improves the rate at which you can gather mana and your overall mana capacity. Summon... more... magical trucks? I dunno this one was kind of stretch.

Striking Perception Agility Recovery Hardening Total
0-10 0-10 0-10 0-10 0-10 20

Lesser School

(Your lesser school is the tradition of magic you were taught, think like a particular school of martial arts. If you filled out the optional Lesser School sheet link to it here. If you didn't provide a short description of your lesser school here.)

Combat Style

(What is your character's approach to combat? Are they aggressive or patient? Honorable or underhanded, what kind of tactics do they favor. At least one paragraph.)

Equipment

(List any equipment your character usually carries, especially weapons but anything else important or useful. Remember you are primarily a mage so you don't necessarily need a lot of equipment, nor will it always provide a tangible benefit, this is more of a style factor than anything else. To begin with access to magical equipment will be heavily restricted. Permanent enchantments are expensive to maintain so until your gang has access to stable income they won't really be practical. If you really want to have a particular item due to character or story related reasons than that's acceptable provided the item begin in a dormant state. )

Spells

Spells are where most of your power is. A spell is a very specific ability, think a special move rather than a super power. Spells are measured in tomes, more tomes means longer incantations and higher mana costs but more power while fewer tomes means faster, cheaper but weaker spells. The mana cost and incantation time are further modified by your affinity for the relevant grand school so keep that in mind while picking spells.

To begin with you get three one tome spells, two two tome spells and one three tome spell.

Spells belong to either one or two Grand, however only three tome or above spells can be dual school, meaning you can only have one at present.

Miscellaneous

Quirks
(Fun details or oddities about your character OPTIONAL

Extra
(Any extra information you'd like to include that doesn't fit anywhere else OPTIONAL)

Themesong
(A piece of music that fits your character or that they'd enjoy. OPTIONAL)​

Lesser School Template
This is a template for describing your character's Lesser School, the group of mages they learned magic from, which will have heavily influenced their approach to magic, fighting and life. This is OPTIONAL if you would prefer not to fill out a second template than simply provide a short description of the lesser school within your character skeleton.

However, this is your chance to world build a little and really put your mark on the setting and if you want this Lesser school to feature in the story, something that's definitely on the table, you'll have to fill this out at some point so it is encouraged. As with the the character template, there's a bb code template below.

Symbol
(Most schools have a symbol or sigil of great significance to them, you may describe it in detail or provide a picture, whichever you prefer.)

Name
(The names of Magical Schools vary wildly but are often grandiose and descriptive of their abilities, many chose to pay homage to a particular geographical location.)

Philosophy
(How does the order view the world and approach it? What line of thinking leads them to conclude that their brand of magic is the most worthy? Has this changed over the years. Include their general approach to combat)

Basic Magic
(
What are the core set of spells on which all of this school's techniques are based on? What advantages and disadvantages do they have in combat. )

Advanced Magic
(what are some of the more powerful spells of this school, this does not have to be an exhaustive list but may include range of spells that show of f the true potential of this school, including ones your character has yet to master)

History
(When and where was this order formed? how has it changed over the years and adapted to pressures such as the Silencing and the Nexite war? Lastly what is the current status of the School? How are they handling life in New Atlantis and responding to issues such as the gangs?

Current Master
(
Who is the current Master of the school? What sort of leadership style do they have and where are they trying to guide the school in these difficult times? How much influence over their disciples do they have?You may include biographical details if you wish.)

Themesong
(optional)​

Last edited:
Character Template
Code:
[h]Name[/h]

[CENTER][img](appearance pic here)[/img]

[B][U][SIZE=5]Personal Information[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[B]Age[/B]

[B]Personality[/B]

[B]Biography[/B]

[B][U][SIZE=5]Combat Information[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[B]Affinities[/B]
[table]
[tr]
   [th]Red Magic[/th]
   [th]Blue Magic[/th]
   [th]Green Magic[/th]
   [th]White Magic[/th]
   [th]Black Magic[/th]
   [th]Total[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]10[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[B]Core skills[/B]
[table]
[tr]
   [th]Striking[/th]
   [th]Perception[/th]
   [th]Agility[/th]
   [th]Recovery[/th]
   [th]Hardening[/th]
   [th]Total[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]20[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[B]Lesser School[/B]

[B]Combat Style[/B]

[B]Equipment[/B]

[LIST]
[*][I]Name:[/I]
     [I]Description:[/I]
[/LIST]

[B][U][SIZE=5]Spells[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[B]Single Tome Spells[/B]
[LIST]
     [I]Grand School:[/I]
[/LIST]

[B]Two Tome Spells[/B]
[LIST]
[/LIST]

[B]Three Tome Spells[/B]
[LIST]
[/LIST]

[B][U][SIZE=5]Miscellaneous[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[SIZE=4][B]Quirks[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][B]Extra[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][B]Themesong[/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]

Lesser School Template
Code:
[CENTER]
[B]Symbol[/B]

[B]Name [/B]

[B]Philosophy[/B]

[B]Basic Magic[/B]

[B][B]Advanced Magic[/B][/B]

[B][B]History[/B][/B]

[B][B]Current Master[/B][/B]

Francisca Schmidt
11498-217142341.jpg

Personal Information

Personality
An eerily calm person, they exhume an aura of intelligence and grace the encompasses each calculated step they take. She does her best to encourage this appearance in her style of clothing, mannerisms, and keeping herself clean of any speck of dirt and grime. Though that can also be attributed to her hatred for all things dirty, of mind and body alike. She prides herself in beign prudent, to solve a situation and prevent problems before they happen through maintenance and up keep is first and foremost on her list of tasks, and making certain others do so as well, for she will not, cannot, and shall not tolerate any form of laziness in her presence. With a stalwart gaze she stares you down, ready to put you to work in the very slightest hint of a sign that you have nothing to do.

This also seems to tie into her need to command others, imagine if you would a mother who never lets you forget that certain thing you have to do, or were going to do at that moment. It can be frustrating, very much so, but on the occasion that you do, indeed, forget that you needed to do the thing. You know by god she'll remind you if you pass by. Each, and every, time.

She also has an... Odd feeling about men, almost as if she has some sort of... Scientific curiosity in them.

Biography
The modus opperandi for recruitment into the school of the Echidna starts early, scouts have eyes and ears open for potential children to induct into the school from various populaces of orphanages or parents unable to support or keep their child for fear of it sharing their same fate as mages. Franny was one such child, as as is normal for children whom were "Gifted" to the school she has no memories or hint of who her previous parents were. Her school was her home, her mother were her teachers and she needed nothing but her studies.

Taking well to the life that was thrusted upon her, she took to magic like a fish to water, the school of the Echidna was one that supported the act of gifting life to that which had none. Much like the mother of monsters the school took it's name from, the act of gifting life upon a inanimate object was closely attributed to the act of giving life to a living being. This was ingrained in the students of the school as so they must remain cautious of the lives they create and make certain they understand the powerful arts they wield due to the spiritual nature and factual power of the spells they weave.

For what good mother doesn't watch over their children? To bring out their greatest potential and ensure their safety?

Upon the completion of her training, she sought to make usage of her power and and experience the larger world for herself. But once she made her way into the world, she realized just how... Inefficient it was. So many people lazying about and performing tasks that were far from sanitary or even giving care to efficiency! She dared not let this stand when it came to joining a gang, she would force the world to submit to the grand design, she would guide them to victory, swiftly and efficiently!

Combat Information

Affinities
3 0 3 0 4 10

Core skills
5 3 3 4 5 20

Lesser School
Golemancy
Combat Style
Why fight your enemies when you can have others do it for you? Through creation of subjects big and small, Franny is able to produce a suitably destructive and tough stone being to deal her dirty work as needed, while utilizing her strength in the nature of black magic to employ shields to protect herself from most physical threats.

Plus, the little golems can be handy for minimal labor, and can be rather cute.

When they aren't big brutes.

Equipment

• Name: Eyeglasses
    Description: A simple pair of glasses, she can't see to well without em, shes rather cute when searching for them though.
  • Name: Francisca's intelligence organizational tome
    Description: A book that she uses to keep track of most ongoing of her life, ie: A diary. She refuses to call it a diary.
  • Name: Professor FluffyNuzzel
    Description: A teddy bear that she keeps around, make fun of it or her at your own risk.
  • Name: A surprisingly spacious bag
  • A bag that has a surprising amount of space inside, handy! Not magical, just handy.

Spells

Single Tome Spells
  • Name: lesser homonculus
    Grand School: Black
    Description: Useing one's own mana as a source of power the suer can create a small sized golem to aid them in some way shape or form. Used appropriately this golem can be very useful in minor or larger tasks, but the need of the master to be nearby is crucial to keep the golem alive. Max size: 3 feet. Amount: 1 at a time.
  • Name: Artificer's touch
    Description: Upon touch of the caster, material objects begin to return to form, tears mend, holes repair, bricks lay. the pieces are required to be nearby, if not, the lost pieces will remain vacant, possibly destroying the object once again. The pieces must be out of 15 foot range for them not to return.
  • Name: Marie's tricky implements
    Description: A curious spell that causes a select object to not cooperate with the wielder, a gun decides not to shoot or mess with the scope, a key decides it doesn't want to turn or leave the lock, a teddy bear becomes uncuddly, helmets swerve around on a person's head or unclip. Effects depend on the item, lasts roughly for a minute or so. A rather frustrating minute.

Two Tome Spells
  • Name: Witch's broom
    Description: A interesting spell that can be used to bestow a minor enchant to an object capable of support the caster's weight, ie: a carpet, broom, metal pipe, dead body, etc. When done, the object floats and can be used for flight upon the caster's whim and command. the spell lasts as long as one concentrates upon it, typically the object has the speed of a bicycle and has the learning curve of one as well. The more mana that is put into the spell as you concentrate upon it, the faster it will go, teachers are advised to repeat to their students the necessary points of safety such as wearing helmets and proper clothing when riding their broom, no matter what form it takes.
  • Name: Flesh puppetry
    Grand School: Green
    Description: "Waste not want not, even if the human form is such a miserable vessel for servitude." Much like a homonculus, for a time the effected corps, within a range of 30 feet of the caster, rises once again with the will of their master. The body serves the best it can with simple orders given, through word of mouth or connection mentally through the linkage of mana. the puppet falls dead once more when the linkage is severed, the body sustains to much damage or is out of a range of 100 feet.
Three Tome Spells
  • Name: Earth's Spite.
    Description: In a 20 foot radius from a designated point of a person's choosing within line of sight, the caster causes the very earth to fill with spite around their foe's feet while sparing that of their allies. When a foe has enetred the radius, the ground causes sharpened spines to erupt from the earth in an attempt to puncture their feet, or any flesh that lays within range. Avoiding the spines is possible but requires very quick movements; or flight.

Miscellaneous

Quirks
When idle, she seems to be always trying to keep her glasses clean, though they never seen to be comepletely done.

Always eats her food separate from one another on her plate.

A dire weakness for things she sees as cute, what is cute however is subjective.

Tends to carry around just about everything in that bag of hers.

Has a.... Very interesting laugh...
Extra

Themesong

Symbol
runa%20algiz.png

Name
School of the Echidna

Philosophy
"Creation, from an act of the gods to men."

Basic Magic
Matter manipulation and puppetry.
In essence it is the basics of black magic, with a more focus on the control aspect of the equation, shaping a object to their will and forcing it to perform the purpose they wish, from becoming a shield to clouting a person over the head. This naturally requires materials to perform the task, while hardening can improve the toughness of an object, without requisite material its hard to make usage of this.

Advanced Magic
Golemmancy
the art of bestowing life upon a construct, this can either be down with a lengthy and expensive ritual or a simply homonculus to perform as a servant or quick body guard. At high levels of power is it possible to bind bigger or more golems to one's one source of magic to keep them alive and willing to serve. This also goes into some forms of magic traps based off of golems and their usage, but nonetheless the users of such a magic are masters at enchantments.

History
The beginnings of this school is hazy at best, most of the elders claim that the school was started by the creature of it's namesake, a mighty monster named the Echidna. She bestowed them the rituals and spells required to create life where there was not, to create massive beings to protect them. Some say it was discovered by accident, a misspoken spell or odd research of a hedge wizard thinking themselves a visionary. The past has been long forgotten, but evidence of their past linger in the ancient golems and traps that were left in various vaults around the world, guarding treasure and spell possibly unknown to the eldest of their kind.

These vaults are coveted and well sought after, for the secrets within often bring break throughs into their arts. If they could survive the devious traps that are hidden within.

Current Master
Mistress Adella

By far the oldest known elder of the school, she boasts considerable knowledge in the art of creation, her mind often wonders even when lecturing on spells but her wisdom cannot be matched. She meanders about, seeming half lucid in her years, god help you if you bring her wrath.​

Last edited:
Klaus Reiter
TUVSIAZl.png

Personal Information

Personality

Klaus is an adrenaline junkie first and foremost, always seeking out danger and excitement, he lives for battle, testing his strength against worthwhile opponents. Klaus doesn't care much for strategy and planning, making him a poor leader in many situations, but his natural enthusiasm and grand ideas tend to sweep people along with him and he is fanatically loyal to those who prove themselves to him. Klaus is a friend you can count on to have your back no matter how crazy things get. However Klaus is every bit as dogged an enemy as he is a friend, betray his trust, or harm his loved ones and friends and he will gladly hunt you to the ends of the earth.

Biography

Klaus was born into the Stormbringers, a German Lesser School famous in the magical word as honor bound mercenaries who could be hired by any Lesser School needing allies for a worthy fight. However Klaus was born a little too late to see the glory days of his lesser school, the Stormbringers participated heavily in the Nexite wars, aligning themselves with those Lesser Schools who were determined to defend their ancient territory from invading mundane armies. Though their powerful magic and aggressive tactics took a heavy toll on the bewildered modern armies they faced there were simply too few mages for this resistance to be successful. As the Nexite Wars were concluding a Silencer strike team cornered and slaughtered the majority of Stormbringer warriors, including Klaus' father.

The remnants of the Stormbringers were forcibly relocated to New Atlantis to prevent them causing more trouble for the governments of the world so Klaus spent most of his formative years in the growing megacity, honing his magic under the watchful eye of the surviving Stormbringer elders and fostering a growing resentment towards the Silencers. As Klaus grew older, the Stormbringers grew more divided, the once united lesser School split into two factions, a moderate faction that included most of the leadership, who wanted to stay safe and adapt to their new environment and a traditional faction who wanted nothing more than revenge against the Silencers for their fallen comrades.

Wanting to avenge his Father's death Klaus fell in with the traditionalist faction and by the time he was sixteen plans were already on the table for a full scale rebellion against the Silencers. The Stormbringer traditionalists alone didn't have enough strength to take on the Silencers so they reached out to other schools, using the network of contacts the school had cultivated over centuries of fighting alongside different schools.

The traditionalists were able to organize a small coalition of disaffected mages and launched an assault on the Berlin Silencer enclave, planning to move on from that stronghold to seize and cripple the city's vital power plants and farms. However the attack was a disaster, the Silencers were far better prepared than they should have been, the force stationed at the enclave was larger than anticipated and was able fend off the attack until a relief force arrived and outflanked the mages, crushing their morale.

A few of the ringleaders stayed behind to buy time while Klaus and the rest of the survivors fled the battle and went to ground. For almost ten years after that Kalus remained on the run but he's finally ready to emerge from hiding and gather allies for a bold new undertaking...

Combat Information

Affinities
5 0 0 0 5 10

Core skills
6 1 6 3 4 20

Lesser School

The Stormbringers

Combat Style

Shock and Awe Baby! Klaus approaches combat with an aggressive style that emphasizes closing in quickly to disorient and overwhelm opponents. To the inexperienced Klaus' style can seem reckless or even stupid but it allows him to dictate the terms of engagement and bring his close combat profiencey to bear against mages who could wear him down in a ranged battle

Equipment

• Name: Sigrun
    Description: A lengthy, zweihander style longsword. Despite its large size the sword is well balanced and someone trained as Klaus is can swing and control it with relative ease. Sigrun is not inherently magical, but it is a fine example of Stormbringer craftsmanship and is quite sturdy. Decorative runes run along the blade's length.
  • Name: Hatchets (X2)
    Description: These are small axes, they are a more convenient, concealable weapon than Sigrun and are also balanced for throwing should Klaus need a quick ranged attack.

Spells

Single Tome Spells
  • Name: Stahlsparro
    Description: A simple black spell that causes a nearby object, usually a weapon, to fly to the hand of the caster. The force involved is not especially strong, it can't really be used to disarm any but the frailest of opponents and heavier objects travel slower.
  • Name: Schlachtglanz
    Description: This spell is used to prepare a melee weapon for battle, it hardens and sharpens the edges of a weapon, removes rust and can even repair small chips or cracks. More substantive repair work is beyond the scope of this spell and the fortification effect is somewhat minor, it should be supplemented with mana based hardening for best results.
  • Name: Schocktritt
    Grand School: Red
    Description: This spell uses red magic to send a targeted jolt of electricity through the caster's own legs, causing them to expand reflexively, allowing the caster to make a sudden leap of impressive distance and speed.

Two Tome Spells
  • Name: Erdestreuer
    Description: By casting this spell and then stomping their foot the caster sends a brief tremor through the ground around them. The tremor lasts about five seconds and has a radius of about ten seconds. The tremor is strong enough to throw the unwary to the ground and greatly distract those that keep their footing but it is unlikely to do any major damage alone.
  • Name: Blitzspeer
    Description: A simple but effective red spell that launches a bolt of lightning from the caster's hand. This is magical lightning, so it travels slowly enough that an agile enough opponent on guard can avoid it, but it deals a hefty blow to anyone who doesn't have some kind of defense prepared.

Three Tome Spells
  • Name: Blitzlange
    Grand School: Red / Black
    Description: This spell combines red and black magic by infusing an object, usually a weapon with tightly controlled electricity. This causes the object to discharge a shocking burst of electricity with each blow to an enemy and also causes the object to vibrate intensely, greatly amplifying its cutting power.

This spell drains mana constantly to maintain and the intense vibrations make it physically exhausting as well so it should be used sparingly.

Miscellaneous

Quirks

-Klaus is rather infatuated with mundane pop culture, he especially loves rock music, action movies and videogames although he doesn't quite understand how any of the related technology actually functions.

-Klaus loves to cook, he especially loves to cook for friends and family, his cuisine could best be described as "eclectic", a more or less random collection of whatever recipes grab his attention, his food is usually tasty but sloppily presented.

-Klaus gets terrible hangovers. He can handle his alcohol as well as anybody while he's actually drinking but is always a total wreck the next morning, to a much greater degree than most people. This does little to discourage Klaus from drinking whenever there's a good reason to celebrate, the man loves a party.

Extra

-

Themesong

Duh.

Symbol

d3QuJcjm.png

Name

The Stormbringers

Philosophy

"Honor and Strength can only be found on the battlefield!"

Basic Magic

The basic tools of the Stormbringers are red magic spells focused on electricity and supplementary black magic spells mainly intended for controlling and enhancing weapons. Unlike many mages the Stormbringers favor close quarters, hand to hand combat and most of their spells reflect this, generally enhancing the destructiveness of their melee blows with only a few ranged spells to round out their repertoire.

Advanced Magic

The most infamous Stormbringers are famous for incorporating green magic into their repertoire, combining it with red magic to send electricity coursing through their bodies and nervous systems. This has the effect of greatly imporving their reaction times and overall speed, so much so that they outpace their own ability to think and have to rely solely on instinct, entering a berserker like trance.

As their name implies, the Stormbringers have also been known to manipulate the weather itself, bring enormous lightning bolts crashing down upon the heads of their enemies.

History

The Stormbringers are one of the oldest extant lesser schools, proudly tracing their lineage all the way back to the Viking age, where tales abounded of supernatural warriors who fought with the fury of a storm and called down lightning upon their enemies. The Stormbringers passed down their arts from generation to generation, honing them in the cruel testing ground of war and raiding, massing plunder, prestige and arcane understanding all at once.

The Christianization of the region eventually drove the Stormbringers underground but they never abandoned their philosophy, that magic could only be truly perfected on the battlefield. The peaceful isolationism that many lesser schools adopted during this era was anathema to the Stormbringers, but they could hardly raid and plunder as they had in times past. Instead the Stormbringers essentially became nomads and mercenaries, joining in with the frequent internecine conflicts that periodically erupted in the magical world. The Stormbringers would fight for whoever paid them in magical resources, as long as the fight was worthy of their magic and fighting in these battles became an important rite of passage for Stormbringer students.

Often times the Stormbringers found themselves fighting against the Silencers, mages that fell afoul of the secretive order often had no allies apart from who they could hire and that tended to be the Stormbringers. Over centuries of mutual slaughter a deep mistrust arose between the two groups that persists to this day.

During the Nexite wars many Lesser schools chose to peacefully announce their presence to the world and cooperate with the various governments they encountered. Others did not, whether due to ancient traditions or simple inclination many mages chose to fight to defend their territory instead. The Stormbringers were always drawn to conflict so naturally enough they found themselves fighting alongside Lesser Schools such as the Falinesti who fought fiercely against any outside interference.

The Stormbringers eventually became such a thorn in the sides of the world governments that in the early stages of the post war era an international task force was formed with the aid of the Silencers specifically to suppress the lesser school. Most of the Stormbringers warrior mages were cornered and slaughtered in what would later become known as the battle of Ragnar's peak, with the surviving elders and children forcibly relocated to New Atlantis.

Consequently the Stormbringers were actually one of the very first Lesser Schools to inhabit New Atlantis. While some of the Stormbringers tried to adapt to their new environment and make the best of things others refused to let go of their old ways and swore vengeance against the Silencers, gradually the school became split between the moderate and traditionalist factions. With their numbers so heavily depleted, the traditionalists sought support from other schools, recruiting disaffected mages who struggled to adapt their old ways to life in New Atlantis.

This coalition of rebels launched a daring strike on one of the Silencers' fortified enclaves, intending to use it as a base for further strikes on the city's vital infrastructure. Unfortunately for the rebels the Silencers were far more numerous and better prepared than they had forseen and the attack was a total diaster, with the few survivors scattering and laying low.

The moderate faction of the Stormbringers were investigated but ultimately cleared of any involvement in the attack, at present they represent a mere shadow of the Stormbringer's former glory and the future of the battered lesser school is uncertain...

Current Master
Ingrid Voekmann

Surprisingly young for a Grand master, Ingrid earned the position more by being the last person standing than through any particular strategy on her part. One of the only truly powerful Stormbringers remaining, Ingrid nevertheless has her hands full trying to hold together the tattered remnants of her school together and out of trouble. Under her leadership the Stormbringers have mostly kept their heads down, but as a reckless new generation comes of age its uncertain how much longer such a strategy can satisfy everyone..​

Faelyn Tirana

Personal Information

Personality
Generally laid back, Faelyn enjoys being in the company of friends and family alike. She's prone to joking and poking light-hearted fun at her companions, though many outside of her school tend to find her sharp toothed grin unsettling. Even with her relaxed demeanor, Faelyn can be slow to trust. Often taking awhile to warm up to any newcomers. Though once that trust is earned you're essentially family. Fiercely protective, she'll hunt down any that dare to bring the people close to her harm. Like many Falinesti she has a tendency to be territorial. It's best not to intrude on an area she's laid claim to uninvited.

Faelyn's a rather curious mage, often poking, prodding, and just trying to grasp the concepts behind so much of the technology many people take for granted. These attempts aren't the most successful and she's fairly naive about that aspect of the world. Despite her innate curiosity, her tact is... lacking. She'll say whatever it is on her mind and couldn't care less if it ruffles any feathers. If drawn into combat her usual mirth vanishes. Devoid of mercy, she'll pursue whoever earned her wrath in a relentless hunt. After all, prey that dies begging and screaming for its life didn't deserve to live in the first place.

Biography

Born into the Falinesti, Faelyn grew up helping the school carve out their own section of New Atlantis. These mages were well known for the forest they called home, an area brimming with all sorts of rare flora and fauna. It was an area they defended rather ruthlessly, having clashed with numerous other schools over the centuries in defense of their territory. Unfortunately, Faelyn was born after the war destroyed the forest they called home and never got to see it in all its splendor.

Silencers were to thank for the final push that nearly wiped the school out altogether. Forcibly relocated to New Atlantis, their hate for the Silencers only festered and grew as they watched the lush forest be stripped of life to mine the precious Nexite lurking within. It wasn't long before many of their younger mages joined the Strombringers in the attempted attack ten years ago, Faelyn being among them. It was during the planning stages of this rebellion that she and Klaus met and became friends. The attack itself was disastrous, the Silencers being far more prepared than the small group could have hoped. Only a few managed to come home that night.

The crushing defeat did nothing to squelch the hate towards the Silencers. Forced to scatter and lay low, they bide their time to gather strength and take revenge. Faelyn remained friends with the young Stormbringer throughout the years and as Klaus sets off to gather new allies, she's among the first to join in.

Combat Information

Affinities
0 0 5 5 0 10

Core skills
4 5 4 4 3 20

Lesser School
Falinesti

Combat Style
Like many Falinesti, she stalks her target like a predator and strikes with little mercy. Faelyn often manipulates plant life to help corner and ensnare her quarry before finishing them herself or with a summon.

Equipment

Name: Hunting knife
Description: A bone hunting knife. Sculpted and sharpened with Green Magic, it's great for use against unarmored foes or cleaning kills but not sturdy enough to handle armor on its own. The handle has runes engraved on it, though they're purely cosmetic.
Name: Composite bow
Description: A staple among the Falinesti, all their mages are proficient in archery but not all choose to hone their skills further. Like many historical examples of the composite bow, it has a face made from horn, and back of sinew. Instead of a wooden core, the mages alter bone to act as a substitute.

Spells

Single Tome Spells

Name: Talons of the Beast
Description: Grow short, yet sharp claws from the tips of the caster's fingers.
Name: Forest's Bountry
Description: Rapidly accelerate the growth of plants within a ten-foot radius of the caster. Even freshly planted seeds can quickly reach maturity under the spell's influence.
Name: Feral Whispers
Description: Communicate with a single animal within three feet of the caster.

Two Tome Spells

Name: Forest's Wrath
Description: Animate plant life within line of sight. Perfect for ensnaring foes or blocking someone's path. Was once also used to easily navigate heavy underbrush, and weave trees to make shelters without bringing the plants harm. Though the urban environment of New Atlantis saw these utilities diminish considerably.
Name: Call of the Hunt
Grand School: White
Description: Summon a single spectral animal to aid in combat or scouting. However, these creatures can be easily slain, typically only needing one solid hit to dispel them. No mythical creatures can be called upon with this version of the spell.

Three Tome Spells

Name: Song of the Green
Grand School: White
Description: By communing with the spirits that reside in plant life, Faelyn is able to gather information on the immediate area.

Miscellaneous

Quirks
Pretty clueless when it comes to modern technology and pop culture. References are usually going to go right over her head.
While a pretty good cook, the Falinesti's reputation as cannibals tends to lead to some... trust issues...

Extra

Themesong

Matias Yunus1520579453165.png

Personal Information

Personality
Matias is someone who likes to be a background character. He likes to see more his plans and ideas succeed rather than himself. He'd rather be right than be acknowledged. Because of this, Matias hates attention. He also hates people questioning him. So, he stays in the background, and avoids attention. Afterall, if people don't know where a genius idea came from, they can't question it.

To avoid contact more than neccessary, Matias alwasy has headphones in, and pretends his music is blasting. In truth it seldom is, and anyone who he trusts would know his little secret. Still, even those with the patience of a god have their limits. Whenever he sulks, music blasting from those things can be heard all around the area, its literally defeaning to the man. The only cure for the sound of stupid is to block it out.

All this to points to Matias's pride/arrogance. He does believe himself to be the best at what he does, and works hard to make sure it stays this way, for his own personal satisfaction. Try to compliment him though, and the man refuses to take it.

To anyone who doesn't know Matias well, he seems cold and efficient. To those who know him, he's worse.

Biography
Matias was born to an extremely active Silencer, who moved to New Atlantis when he was but a child, after divorcing his wife finding her a mage. He worked hard as an enforcer in the city, working out of CENTRAL. Unfortunately, his child was also a mage. Unable to find his mother, the enforcer hated the boy, but raised him. He tried not to be abusive, but couldn't help but hate the boy. Matias felt very isolated, and really could only find his place through music. If he was isolated, he could at least pretend the world didn't exist as his tunes played. He could feel the emotions of other people through their work. He became somewhat of an artist, learning instruments, and learning to write music from a young age. There was nothing Matias hated more than sad songs, they triggered him extremely quickly. He liked to live vicariously through his songs, and his life already sucked.

Eventually, when sixteen, Matias up and left home. He couldn't stand the somber, reverent home. He wandered the streets, and played music for food on his guitar. He was a homeless bum. However, a member of the Canetis School, Lorenz Bach, took pity on the boy, and took him in, giving him a job as a church organ player. Matias was grateful for the opportunity to live, and paid the man every bit of attention he could. He saved up for months for a set of headphones, missing his old music, when not paying rent. Lorenz decided to try and teach the boy magic, and was astounded the boy had as much an ear for it as he did for his music. He saw patterns in it, and learned quickly.

However, Matias did feel guilty about the charity, and eventually left, off to find a place he could call home that he earned himself. He ended up in several gangs, drifting between them, not liking any. He did make enough money to defend himself, and did spend quite a bit to learn how to shoot. However, Matias still hasn't felt happy about anyone he's worked for.

Combat Information

Affinities
9 0 1 0 0 10

Core skills
7 6 3 3 1 20

Lesser School
Canetis

Combat Style
A rooftop, sniper rifle, and a kickass tune. Matias tends to suck in close quarter combat, and is more a supportive type who can take out single targets

Equipment
  • Name: 50. Calibur Sniper Rifle
    Description: A large 20 lb sniper rifle Matias takes great pride in.
  • Name: Dual .44 Magnums
    Description: Because even cowards have to fight.
    • Name: Headphones
      Description: It might have taken everything Matias had, but he has purchased a damn good set of headphones connected to his phone he plays music constantly from. He can channel his magic through them too if he needs to listen in. They are extremely durable. He is also extremely possessive and might just slug someone who touches them.

Spells

Single Tome Spells
  • Name: Silenced Shot
    Description: Coating a bullet in magic, Matias silences the sound it makes as it travels through the barrel and hits

• Name: Whispering room
    Description: Matias can project his voice as a whisper towards a target person, so even in a loud room they can hear him at a whisper.

• Name: Hearing Rebalance
    Description: Matias can help heal ears defeaned by sound.

Two Tome Spells
  • Name: Sound of Silence
    Description: Matias causes a white noise to cancel out all sound in a room radiating from himself.

• Name: Most Annoying Sound in the World
    Description: An extremely irritating sound radiates from Matias in a cone shape forward, deafening people who hear it. Ear plugs are a weakness of this tech

Three Tome Spells
  • Name: Snooping
    Description: Focusing an area, Matias can redirect sound towards him, making conversations up to a mile away audible to everyone around him. He can channel this through his headphones and phone. He has to see the general area, but scopes help with that. Skif's and sound proof doors negate this.

Miscellaneous

Quirks

*Extremely softspoken
*Generally has headphones in, though quiet. If he's annoyed they blare.
*Gets angry at sad songs (Violently so)

Extra
*Surprisingly good song write (Not that he shares that talent often)
* Matias has extremely quiet footsteps
Themesong:

Lesser School Template

Symbol

View attachment 408924
Name
Canetis

Philosophy
"Words are powerful, be careful how you use them."

Basic Magic
+Manipulating sound levels
+Redirecting sounds

Advanced Magic
+Shaping sound/Conical Sounds
+Preventing Rebound

History

Current Master
Lorenz Bach​

Persephone Spionera

View attachment 411134
Personal Information

Personality
Persephone is a loving and energetic girl, with a passion for her trades as a courier and informent.
She is often popping in and out of places and tends to be well known and well liked around the ward transportation mages.
While almost constantly in the public's eye, Persephone tends not to draw much attention to herself.
Rather, she simply listens..watches.. Always soaking up information from what people are careless enough to think
"its just that nice mail girl, we can talk "
Using the skills and magic she was taught, she painstakingly keeps track of every scrap of intelligence she gathers.
After all, she wasn't actually a sanctioned delivery girl for Central, what's the harm in breaching confidence?

Though fairly smart and level headed, Persephone has a strange weakness:
She seems to think that anyone; male of female who shows her attention or kindness is in love with her.
This is in fact, her projection of her need to feel loved, but try telling her that..
This has lead to her becoming flustered around that person and ultimately, her getting her feelings hurt.
But she always seems to bounce back.

Pacifistic in nature and somewhat childlike in her ideas of the world, she tends to avoid fighting if at all possible.
When forced to fight, Persephone tends to use defensive spells and try to find a means of escape.
When protecting someone dear to her Persephone can become reckless and focus on using defensive magic to protect them, leaving herself open.

While seeming so innocent, Persephone has a side job that has made her valuable to local gangs.
Persephone's uncanny ability to gather and retain intel made her a perfect information broker.
The idea of being a spy was romanticized by childhood stories, and the money was far better then her day job.
On top of that, her good reputation made it easy for her pry into personal matters of careless targets.

Biography

For as long as she could remember Persephone had lived in the Berlin ward of New Atlantis.
She had no memory of the rest of the world, though she was told that she was born somewhere in Germany.
To Persephone, the wards, the arms, even the ever present street crime was just part of life.
While resign to these things being simply "how life is", Persephone always tries to improve her station.

Given into the care of her uncle Oswald at a young age, Persephone quickly fallowed the family tradition of being indoctrinated into the school of "Licht"
She spent much of her childhood learning the virtue of stillness and contemplation, but always found it painfully dull.
"To understand the world, is to shape the world" is what they always said, but never maid an effort to change anything.
Though she was a promising student, Oswald could see that his niece was miserably unhappy.
Against his better judgement, he allowed her the freedom to have a second job outside her studies as long as she kept the schools secrets closely guarded.
A deal Persephone quickly accepted, and even more quickly broke.

Rather then lowering herself to work for someone else, Persephone took up the job of courier, delivering items from ward to ward.
She was sure that she would make good money and meet all kind of mages in the process.
unfortunately she was only half right.
She did meet all kinds of mages, and most of them wanted to rob her blind in some way or another.
It was honestly shocking how cruel New Atlantis could be to another mage.
Was the level of distrust really that high? or did she just have a string of bad luck.

Now free to enjoy life, Persephone found herself at a bit of an impasse:
She won't grow as a mage working as a simple delivery girl.
And she couldn't simply go back to being a full time student again.
At her core, she only wanted a better life, but now she felt like she was backsliding.

It was one fateful night she realized that perhaps there was a better way.
She knew it would brake her uncle's heart, but she decided that if these gangs ruled the city, then why not work for one?
After all, she already made deliveries for many of them.
She felt if she got on the ground level with one, maybe she could rise to something special.

Combat Information

Affinities
0 6 0 00 4 10

Core skills
2 8 3 2 5 20

Lesser School
Licht

Combat Style
Shield maiden:
While Persephone would rather not fight at all, if push comes to shove she will not abandon her friends.
She uses her defensive spells and wits to make sure her allies stay safe.
Usually exploiting some advantage of their surroundings, Persephone is at an great disadvantage if shes in a place she doesn't know.

Equipment

• Name: Gilded Rose
    Description: A small, ornate derringer she was gifted after a wealthy client felt it was unsafe for a lady to be out alone after dark. It fires a single .41 caliber round.
  • Name: Trusty Cap
    Description: though it tends to give her hat hair, Persephone loves her cap. It was a gift from her parents before she went to live with her Uncle. She rarely takes it off and lets no one else ware it.
Spells

Single Tome Spells
  • Name: Whisper Wind
    Grand School: Blue
    Description: Persephone can use this spell to send or receive short messages from a distance.
  • Name: Minor Transmutation
    Description: Persephone can take small objects and transform them into weapons or shields.
  • She cannot change what it's made of or how much it is, only it's form.
  • Name: Steel Bulwark
    Description: Though not exclusively metal, this spell rips items from the environment and positions it between the caster and danger.
  • A street sign can be the shield that saves your bacon from the frying pan of a fire ball.

Two Tome Spells
  • Name: Phase
    Description: Despite its name, the mage does not blur through the wall, rather it moves and forms around the mage allowing passage through it.
  • The same rules can be applied for floors or sealing but the added confusion of up and down and allowing for gravity makes this almost impossibly hard to maintain the required focus.

• Name: Mirror Form
    Description: For a short time Persephone can take on the form of someone she has physically seen.
  • The spell is broken if she even glances in a mirror or sees the person she's impersonating while in that form.

Three Tome Spells
  • Name: Nightmare Prison
    Description: Traps her enemies within an illusion of hellish visions.
  • Though it causes no physical pain, the mental anguish is extreme.
  • The longer the victim is trapped the more mana is consumed until Persephone is forced to release her grip.

Theme Song

5899056ddda24a1036be749883756c67.png

hans_humpty_x_reader__illusions_by_eternalalice24-d9dlyn2.jpg

Personal Information

Age 23

Personality
291638.jpg

"Curious about me, are we? Haha, what an honor it is to have someone such as yourself take interest in little ol'me.. after all its not everyday you come across a person who would acknowledge a failure... gahaha!... Now..as you could have guessed based on my shambolic presentation.. I am not someone that really cares for appearance nor am I a descendant of someone note worthy.. though to say that I am simply nobody is also an understatement. I am Kasper J. Styx the man destined to give rise to a new era of anarchy.... ha.. well that's is the dream I had.. Now look at me... wearing this raggedy old shirt!... Hehe!.. Now enough about this trivial nonsense... I'm sure an esteemed one such as yourself cares not for my past... if anything its the present 'me' that you seek.. is it not?

Well.. where to begin?.. I could easily ramble on about myself... exaggerate a few area's here and there that are lacking... you know, make myself seem 'cooler' than I really am... Ha.. no... even I would not stoop to such a game. Now.. lets forget about all those thoughts that entered that head of yours after seeing me... I can assure you that beneath this messy hair lies a true rootin tootin good lookin gentlem... ok! Ok!.. I get it.. I'll stop playing around...sheesh.. learn to have a little god damn fun once in a while..
-sigh-
On a serious note... I don't really know how to answer your question.. aside from blatantly lieing to you about myself.. I mean seriously... It's not like I spend my every waking hour pondering about myself, debating with my inner demons about just what type of person I really am or wish to be... nor do I actually attempt to find out what other people think about me either.. its not like I value your or their opinion anyway. If anything, I am rather quite annoyed that this is even a question to begin with... after all what are the chances that the way I describe myself to you is how I really am? You.. me.. and countless other people will form their own opinions, based on a variety of things.. such as ones own interpretation... writing down someones personality is in my opinion a waste of time... you wanna know why?... because people always change!

Gah.. look at me... acting like a preacher now... hmmm, Why the glum look? Are you not satisfied with my answer?.. Tsk.. fine.. I'll give you an insight into my own thoughts about my personality... not like it really matters... but whatever... I'd rather ramble then listen to you throw a tantrum! Truth be told, I am far from your stereotypical good Samaritan, more of a Dark Knight if I had to give myself a label... pffft.... Hahahahah!, Look at yourself.. did you really believe all that tripe I just spouted?... God, your even more naive than you look.. I almost feel sorry for you...

Wait! Wait! Come back!, I'm not done yet!.. you've gone and gotten me all excited now.. do you really think that I will just let you leave!?!?! hahaha... Now.. since you've agreed to stay a little longer, I shall reward you with a bit more inside info about good' ol me.... however.. I tell you this in discretion... for I trust that a wimpy lookin little feller like you will be able to keep a secret.

Now.. I ask you for the first and last time... are ya ready to delve deeper into the mystery that is Ezra.. I must warn ya.. its a dark and crazy road.... Are ya sure?... Okay then!, Lets go!

The real me... ha... where to begin... I am what some people may call, a Hedonist. A person motivated purely by their own interest, a strong lust to acquire anything and everything that intrigues me. I am a pleasure seeker, I lust for the thrill of a life and death situation, I am driven by the pursuit of my goals and instinctually driven by the desire to grasp everything that I set my eyes upon. I care little for the trivial facade of a peaceful life

To put it bluntly My desires fuel my actions and my actions fuel my pleasure. Pleasure comes in many different forms and its sole essence outweighs any other petty concerns that plague this accursed earth. Without pleasure, there is no fun, no life and thus no meaning to my very existence; so to deny me of the pleasure that I rightfully deserve is to condemn my very being and quite rightly a crime punishable by your death. To even begin to assume that you can deny me of what is rightfully mine shows a level of arrogance that I cannot allow to fester any longer.

I am not one to submit easily to the command of others however that is not to say that I would not play along with your trivial plans. On a whim I may choose to go along with your games, only if I believe that it will lead to greater enjoyment on my behalf. Without this mutual gain, you can forsake the very thought of having my help; so do not even attempt to seek my services without careful forethought otherwise I will have to show you the darker side of my lust for pleasure; You have been warned.

I have my true self; the dark embodiment of chaos and lust and I have a mask; the role I play in society. As I wear this mask, I may come across as a well mannered well brought up member of society, able to charm the clothes of a lady should I need to as well as blend into society like another face among the mass of dregs that exist on this plain of existence, however don't you dare forget that at the end of every performance lies the exact same goal.

Truly, I am a creature that shows no remorse for my actions, a monster that see's humanity as nothing more then playthings... possessions to be manipulated with my very whim and to be broken should I no longer find any value in their very being. I care not for the politics that try to shape our world, nor do I acknowledge the existence of these ethereal puppeteers that attempt to control our faith. This world is a game and I fully intend to play with it.

While I openly show no love for my comrades. I much prefer their company as opposed to solitude... even the biggest pain in the ass is much better then the cold hard reality of pure isolation. Alas My 'goodwill charity' in putting up with this nonsense only extends so far. I will openly mock my comrades... but really, mocking them is how i show my love ... Jokes!, how could I degrade myself to showing such silly emotions.

Biography
d260200ba6bb640323bb0246a05c08846f448ff6_hq.gif

Kasper has never really been mentally stable as a child, his apparent inability to commit himself to any one particular thing often meant that he would leave behind him a string of unfinished task's leading to many people including his birth parents to believe that the young boy had an attention disorder which in reality was far from the truth. Kasper was a child of hedonism, a being born with an almost unsatiable lust for pleasure and self indulgence, someone who solely pursued things of notable interest to him, thus anything in which he had forsaken simply lacked that spark, that element of which could satiate his desire. Somewhat rude, invasive and 'off-putting' the young boy that was Kasper had managed to garner the interest of someone of power; the Great Mage Azael Balefor.

It was large in part of his hedonistic tendencies that he had drawn the attention of the Children of Typhon unto himself that regardless of all his faults, Kasper still held within him potential. Not only as a magi but as an individual who if 'nurtured correctly' could further their schools studies further. Azael ignored the protest of his fellow council members, many of whom questioned the young boys mentality and proceeded on 'purchasing' this uncut gem from his birth parents believing that if he could manipulate the young Kasper into lusting for power then he could be a key component in their school proceeding and expanding their present studies.

Brought into their ranks and sworn in as a member, Kasper was given the last name of Styx, a procedure that all 'outside' male recruits must go through alongside the branding of the schools Sigil upon their right shoulder. Several years were spent tutoring Kasper alongside his fellow students; the grey haired boy being the most difficult out of the lot. Whilst Azael truly believed that Kasper's hedonistic tendencies could be used for the greater good of their school, the boy proved to be far too difficult to tutor and it soon came to pass that he was left to his own devices.
Kasper for the longest time has believed himself to be the last surviving member of 'The Children of Typhon' a group of mages who sought to implement the legends of the Greek Deity into their magic. This ancient order of mages submerged themselves into their studies; researching and experimenting new ways of incorporating the beast like attributes of todays fauna into their magic. Whilst Typhon himself was considered to be a monster; one fabled to have been created to challenge the mighty god of Zues,many individuals sought to stray away from such barbaric fantasies instead choosing to focus on the unique traits of certain animals. For example if they could replicate an amphibians ability to regrow a limb into their own spells, that would have world changing effects on todays society. This isn't to say that such savage goals did not exist within their group. Many mages still sought this school and its philosophy as a means of enhancing their combat capabilities, focusing their studies into the more carnivorous or predatorial niche of animals and incorporating those traits unto themselves.

Out of touch with the 'real world', the Children of Typhon only came to be aware of the Nexite War once the Silencers and the government were at their doorstep attempting to negotiate the relocation of their school. Whilst initially being a peaceful attempt, things soon turned sour when the council of elders vetoed any possibility of resolving this peacefully. Their decision was largely due impart to their arrogance, a strong belief that the magic they pursued had made them 'too powerful', a belief soon broken as a three day war broke out. Feeling that the presence of the Silencers and the government officials on their mountain was no longer tolerable, several mages of the school were sent to 'scare' them off, using their powers of transformation to accomplish as such. This however only gave the Silencers reason to use force, percieving the schools attempt as an attack, they reacted in kind and eventually after three days of fighting they ended as victor's. With the death of many of the schools elders and council members, the younger generation of the school saw no real reason to continue the fight and were quick to surrender once given the opportunity to do so.

The children were rounded up and brought to the island of New Atlantis; discarded among the multitude of mages ousted from their homes and left to fend for themselves among strangers. Proposed as a haven and a safe place to live, Kasper never truly fell for the lies of their captors. Instead of falling for the propaganda, Kasper saw the city for what it truly was, a prison. A controlled environment governed by the very individuals who sought to hide their kind away from the world as well as dictate their day to day lives. For awhile they survivors remained together within the underbelly of New Atlantis resorting to begging and thievery to get by. A harsh life that many of them could not adapt to, considering their isolation in the mountains had left them with very little 'real-world' skills and experience.

Thus when talk of a rebellion begun to be whispered around the various districts, many of the surviving Children of Typhon had enlisted and joined the cause, seeing this as an opportunity to make amends for the mistakes of their leaders. A move which Kasper himself was not involved in. Rather then wallowing in their troubles and grasping at straws, Kasper had instead separated himself from his fellow school members, seeking to forge his own livelihood in New Atlantis, a decision that would soon leave him to be the presumed sole survivor of his school.

Kasper was not surprised by this, he was not surprised at all. Instead of showing remorse for his fallen colleagues, Kasper simply continued with the live he had forged for himself; one of thievery, extortion, crime and anarchy. Months/Years spent living like this, Kasper honed his physical skills and magical skills to the best of his abilities, lurking among the shadows and taking advantage of those that he could, all the while making sure that he did not draw the ire of the Silencers or the bigger schools.

It wasn't until recently however that Kasper had begun to question whether or not he was really the last Child of Typhon. The presence of a three legged cat appearing before him momentarily only to disappear around an alley the moment Kasper gave chase. Whilst it may not have seemed odd if this occurred once or twice, Kasper has up to date been stalked by this odd creature on seven different occasions each time noticing its appearance whenever he finds himself alone in an alley.

Whilst Kasper has no definitive proof, he can not help but feel a sense of familiarity with this odd feline that stalks him.
Combat Information

Affinities
1 3 6 0 0 10

Core skills
7 5 6 2 0 20

Lesser School
Children of Typhon
Combat Style
Kasper is an 'agility' over 'strength' type of fighter, using his smallish frame and nimbleness to his advantage. He has no qualms with 'playing' with his victims, sometimes showing a bit of enjoyment when he does so. Slow and Steady wins the race is a belief he follows, fully satisfied with the slow approach to getting what he wants. He is highly agile and nimble and will use these traits to his advantage when fighting an adversary. He has no qualms with playing dirty and in fact is even speculated to enjoy resorting to such underhanded tactics. To him, fighting is more akin to a game rather than the chaotic act that most people view it to be. The term 'playing with their food' can often come to mind when watching Kasper fight as he tends to act in a manner unbefitting of a fight. He is unafraid to get into your personal space in a fight. nor is he hesitant to taunt a foe who he believes is beneath him.

To Summarise, Kasper's style of fighting lacks honor, decency and sometimes any form of actual martial discipline. He is spontaneous, daring, creative, intrusive and a risk taker. An unpredictable adversary to face.
Equipment

• Name: Solomon and Gammorah
    Description: Twin Kukari knives that he carries around with him nearly everywhere. Both blades have clearly been used in the past given their chipped edges, however Kasper has shown little attempt to get them repaired or changed. Why fix what has yet to break?.
  • Name: Mock Tail
    Description: Whilst appearing to show little purpose, Kasper wears a mock tail around his waist and has done so long before he was recruited into his lesser school. That being said he has learned to utilise his spells to alter its base construct to become useful in battle.

Spells

Single Tome Spells
  • Name: Aspect of the Rogue Feline
    Description: The caster is able to bend and twist their body far beyond the normal limits of physiology, although still only from the joints. Their joints, muscles, tendons and physiology in general is modified to allow the user perform near-boneless looking contortions without stress or damage and stay in any position they choose as long they need without effort or strain. Essentially the caster can without doubt almost always land on their feet. Activation of this ability is hinted at by a soft golden glow behind the caster's eye.
  • Name: Smokey breath of the Marsh beast.
    Description: A low tier blue school spell of magic that summons the illusion of a thick blanket of mist within the surrounding area. A thick grey colored fog is released from the caster's mouth and will quickly envelope a radius of 20 meters, reducing visibility to the point where you can barely see beyond your hands
  • Name: Mark of the Prey
    Description: Upon making physical contact with the foe, Kasper leaves a translucent marking on the target lasting for several hours. Whilst this marking is in effect, the caster is able to distinguish the target out of a crowd or through visible obstacles via a golden aura which illuminates the afflicted.
Two Tome Spells
  • Name: Awaken, Ouroboros!
    Description: A versatile two tome Green spell that alters certain parts of its caster to that of an ashen colored Python, carrying with it the traits of that particular species. Activation of this spell can cause either one of the Casters arms to morph into that of the sentient snake. Kasper's most common use of this spell is to target it upon the 'mock' tail that he wears. In essence this spell causes the tail worn around Kasper's waist to be given form and sentience, taking on the appearance of an almost ashen colored Pythin which acts in accordance to Kasper's will. Extending to a length of twice its original, the cobra can be used to constrict and strike at foe's, as well as channel the spell ' 'Smokey breath of the Marsh Beast'. Being a python, the tail itself carries the muscular strength and force of the real creature and can thus constriction is a real threat for those caught in its embrace. Likewise while it is attached to the 'tailbone' of Kasper, it can act similar to that of a prehensile tail.
  • Name: Now you see me, Now you see three.
    Description: A two tome blue class spell that evokes the illusion that Kasper has multiplied himself, causing two more identical replica's of himself to appear. The clones themselves share a mental connection with the original and can speak via telepathy with one another. The effectiveness of their telepathy decreases the further the clones are from the original.

Three Tome Spells
26151339_136257697043140_6096447618425028608_n.jpg

• Name: The Beast Within - Lupine
    Description: A Three tome spell that enables the caster to transform into an animalistic form that is neither fully human or fully animal. A 'Were' form per-se, the users physical attributes gradually change into that of a creature (one of which is decided and can be altered via ritualistic ceremonies). This new form the user takes retains the physical stature of a human but with the traits of the animal essentially making them a hybrid.
In this particular form, Kasper's physical abilities such as Strength, Speed, Agility, endurance are enhanced beyond that of a human's limitations and he gains a stronger sense of smell. His hair turns a darker shade of grey and his hazel eyes dilute into an almost teal like color. In this state Kasper experiences a rather drastic change in his persona, a rather serious and more dark humoured Kasper appears before others. Likewise his nails and canine teeth become sharper in accordance to his transformation and the 'mock' tail he wears becomes bushier in appearance.

Miscellaneous

Quirks
Kasper will often hide his more serious and calculating nature under the facade of a simple minded fool. He enjoys being quirky and sarcastic, using both as a distraction not just for others but for himself. He can sometimes take it too far though and come off as being very rude and brash. When his hair is brushed away from his face and his eyes revealed, it becomes apparent that he is truly predatory and that his clown like antics where just a charade.

Extra

167e6d94d404b622da7dbb7e1b4d440c.gif

Kasper is heavily based on the 'Trickster'.
The Trickster is an entity that plays tricks or otherwise disobeys normal rules and conventional behavior. They openly question and mock authority, encourages impulse and enthusiasm, seeks out new ideas and experiences, destroys convention and complacency, and promotes chaos and unrest. At the same time, the trickster brings new knowledge and wisdom. Even when punished horribly for their effrontery, their indomitable spirit (or sheer foolishness) keeps them coming back for more.

In mythology and religion, the trickster deities break the rules of the gods or nature, sometimes maliciously but usually (albeit unintentionally) with ultimately positive effects. Often, the bending/breaking of rules takes the form of tricks or thievery. Tricksters can be cunning or foolish or both; they are often funny even when considered sacred or performing important cultural tasks.

Ultimately, The trickster is a being that openly goes against the order of things in an attempt to achieve their own goals. They care not for their appearance or how they are seen in the public eye, only choosing to act upon their own beliefs and desires.
Themesong

Symbol
full

Name
71657d301c5f7fd02d94fd73c4fa6757.png

Philosophy

"He who makes a beast of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Typhon, the God whose appeearance takes on the guise of a truly fearsome monster; a deity often described as being the most powerful and fearsome god in greek legend. The fabled son of Gaia and Tartarus, legends tell of a plot by Hera to coerce these two primordial deities into having a child, one more powerful then Zeus. The father of all monsters, the founding members of 'The Children of Typhon' sought to replicate the legends of greek mythology, to embody the very myths and legends and bring them into reality. Many of their intentions resided in a lust for power, the power rumored to surpass the God of lightning thus through the application of Green magic and the influence of the other colors, these founding members began to delve themselves into their studies truly believing that if they succeeded in their goals, they would ascent the upper echelons of the magical society.
Seeking power, it came as no surprise that their spells had combat applications and those that travelled down the path of power often became notable mages of not only great magical strength, but great physical strength to.

Their root desires however may have resided in a desire to surpass mere mankind and Magi, to step foot into the world of gods, myths and legends; a truly selfish desire only exemplified by their lack of action during the Nexite War and the appearance of the Silencers.

Basic Magic

Animal Mimicry
The ability to imitate animal powers via the use of spells. For example they can incorporate the bite strength of a salt water crocodile, the strength of an ant, the sense of small like a dog, the speed of a cheetah etc. This type of spells is often called 'Aspects' where the caster takes on the attributes of a certain species of animal. Of course this offers a wide variety of abilities to its caster and a lot of different applications of which it can be used for. Depending on how much they decided to master, the user can excel physically, mentally or in a more back role support. Advanced forms of this magic enable the user to combine aspects of different animals together. The downside to this type of magic is that prolonged use of the spell will wear away at your mental strength and may cause the user to become permanently affected by the behavioural aspect of the animal they choose to 'personify' They cannot transform into animals, as this power only enables the user to mimic animalistic traits while still in their original form. It is generally advised that students pick a 'category of species' in which they choose to incorporate, i.e. Amphibians/Reptilians/Avian etc. However it is not mandatory to do so.

Animal Scrying
The caster can "hitch-hike" animal senses and experience what happens as if they were them. This power grants the user with the ability to taste, feel, smell, see and/or hear from animal senses. It allows the user to experience the world as their target/companion would. This is a necessary skill that newcomers must master upon being inducted into their school. The ability to scry into an animal is used both for information gathering, but as a prerequisite tool of understanding the animal they wish to transform into, much less learn the 'Aspect Spell' of.

Animal Manipulation
The user can control animals, they can set stampedes onto attackers, get animals to fetch things. Users may be able to call forth hoards of rats or insects to wipe out a crop, or to encourage bees to replant it. This form of magic is often easier to use when an aspect of similar species is in effect.

Advanced Magic

Animal Morphing
An advanced Green Magic that generally allows for alterations to the casters physical body. Mages belonging to the 'Children of Typhon' that master this form of magic can transform their appearance to that of an animal, whether that be a full transformation or a partial transformation. When transformed it is vital that the Mage in question be adept at blue magic or more specifically the mental side of blue magic as insufficient training in that department could lead to them 'losing their humanity' to the new animalistic instinct that they gain when transformed. Generally the study of this magic limits its students into transforming into animals that exist in this day and age, simply because it is easier to garner the required information and understanding of an animal that does exist. Also an initial ritual is required where the DNA of an animal is sacrified and used to form a blood pact in order for that mage to transform into that animal.

This branch of studies is however not limited to animals that exist now but can instead be expanded upon creatures that no longer exist or creatures of literature and myths whose abilities are often spoken of in legend.

Chimeranism
A side branch of 'Animal Morphing', the caster can fuse genetically with another species, some users are able to shift between several or any species they want. Exact effects vary by individual and the species they fuse with. In essence this makes the partial transformation more permanent and will leave them permanently changed. The art of Chimeranism is in effect the sacrifice of ones humanity, where the caster relenquishes parts that make him 'human' and instead replaces them with animalistic traits. Only a few mages of this school ever succeed in mastering this form of magic due to its high risk level. Those that do succeed however are regarded with honor within their School and are often mages to be feared.

Mythic Physiology
The advanced stage of their Animal morphing and the true aim of their school. Students who have mastered shapeshifting with this ability either is or can transform into any being mentioned in any mythological tale with all the abilities, powers and traits included. For example, one can transform into a phoenix and gain its aspects. However, the limitations to the use of this power is not only gaining the weaknesses of the creature one turns into, but also the amount of knowledge of the myths the wielder has.

History
The Children of Typhon are an ancient order of Magi established centuries before the existence of Magi came to light. Founded by a group of individuals who sought power and wished to ascend to the realm of godhood, these Magi attempted to recreate the myths and legends of ancient Mythology, to give birth to the 'fabled children of Typhon' thus the decision to call themselves as such. Typhon was regarded as the 'Father of All Monsters', the greek god who helped spawn creatures such as the Nemean Lion, the Chimera, Ladon, Orthrus and many more. However throughout the years, many of the disciples branched out, expanding the lore of their studies into other forms of mythology, such as Norse and egyptian/ Despite originally being intended as a means to gain power beyond that of a human, many of the discipiles soon attempted to adapt the teachings of their founders to incorporate real world applications, such as replicating the lizards ability to regrow a missing limb or a bat's ability to navigate via echolocation, thus the school itself began to split down two routes of teaching.

As a Lesser school, The Children of Typhon primarily specialized in a set of 'Green Class' magic that centers around enhancing ones self via the amalgamation of animalistic properties into the casters very essence. The school itself tends to split down two branches of study. The first revolves around the magical art of Enhancements, the more commonly studied branch between the two. In this path of study the mages seek to incorporate the traits of animals into their spells, using these various characteristics to enhance ones self. From a base perspective this school of study allows for a wide variety of applications ranging from the supportive, the medical and even the combative.

The second branch of magic is what exemplifies the name of the school and it delves into the art of Transformation. Like the beast of old legend; the Typhon, the Mages that master these art form attain transformations worthy of the name 'monster'. Those that choose or are selected into this 'course' of magical studies are mages that seek to go beyond the mere 'enhancements' and instead personify the myths through the use of their spells. In this specialized course, the disciples go through rigorous physical training as well as magical in order to master control over their changes for not only does it put a strain on them physically, but mentally as well.

For the most part the school kept to themselves, locating their headquarters deep within the mountains of south eastern europe. A small village was eventually established within these mountains, naturally growing larger over the years as more and more disciples were brought into their ranks. The majority of the students in this school were the descendants of former students, born and raised within the village with the aim of furthering the schools research. This was not to say that children who were deemed to hold 'potential' were not also brought in from outside of the village. These 'outsiders' normally consisted of orphans, runaways or simply children whom the School 'paid' for. Being established near poor rural area's it was often not hard for the schools higher ups to convince the parents of 'gifted' children to part ways from their children. These students being seen as impure were given the last name Styx if they were male or Lethe if they were female.

The decision for the Children of Typhon to seclude themselves also meant that communication with other schools was kept to a minimal and any positive relationship with other schools was pretty much non-existent. Thus it wasn't until mid-way into the Nexite War that they became aware of the current state of affairs at the time. With the war in turmoil and nations squandering over the Nexite, it was inevitable that the village they had established would soon be dragged into its grasp; the sudden appearance of the Silencers at their doorstep signalling the beginning of their end. Initial contact between the Lesser School and the SIlencers had been peaceful as both parties shared several meetings with one another as they attempted to resolve the situation smoothly. Alas, it proved to be all in vain as the council of Typhon unanimously voted against the relocation of their 'home' and thus declined any formal offer the National government and Silencer faction had made.

Ofcourse this rejection did not sit well with the Silencers and the government and their attempts to gain access to the Nexite deposit soon turned to more forceful measures, that of which angered the Elders within Typhon's ranks. Feeling threatened, the lesser school consumed with arrogance in their own abilities and naivety of the 'real' world had tried to force the 'intruders' off their lands, striking first with the intentions of scaring off the 'invaders'. Seen as an attack, the Silencers themselves retaliated in force and soon a skirmish broke out over the deposit of Nexite, a war in which the 'Children of Typhon' were simply not prepared for.

Three days of fighting and eventually the Survivors of the Children of Typhon surrendered. Defeated and having many of their elders killed during the resistance, the Children of Typhon had no weight in any negotiations that could have occurred after and instead accepted their fate; the few remaining 'disciples' being sent to New Atlantis.

What remains a mystery to this day however is the 'status' of Azael Balefor, the Master of their lesser school and whose remains were never found among the rebellers.
Current Master
latest

f99a94f02bd795c95233e1ffa2330a9a.png

The presumed to be deceased Master of 'The Children of Typhon'. Master Azael Balefor has gone into hiding, integrating himself into the shadows of New Atlantis. Formerly a Magi of great power, Azael Balefor had been the closest member of the School to reach their desired goal, perfecting the art of Shape shifting and Chimerism. From a young age Azael had been absorbed in the belief that mankind could surpass their own limitations and step foot into the world reserved for gods, to attain and master a level of power that for the longest periods of time was simply incomprehensible to the human mind. Truly believing that the path their school preached was a vital step for mankind as a whole, Azael committed himselves to the studies of this ancient order of Magi, submersing himself fully into their lore and beliefs.

Not only a gifted Magi, Azael through years of rigorous physical training and mastery of the Aspects, had developed a level of martial arts crafted to suit the various form of animalistic traits his disciples could take on. Stances, movement and manoeuvres that befitted the multiple of possibilities his students could attain through Aspect training and transformation spells.

Present during the attack by the Silencers, Azael Balefor was critically injured during the three day skirmish, losing his right arm and vision in his right eye. Heavily wounded and watching his school be taken away from him, the injured Master of the school had fled the scene of battle, taking on the form of a three legged spotted feline, he disappeared. Since then there have been no sightings of Azael Balefor or evidence to suggest he was still alive, however without confirmation of a body, it was also inconclusive to judge him as being deceased. Presumed dead, Azael Balefor had snuck into New Atlantis with another group of relocated mages under one of his many transformations.

Presently the Master seeks to re-build his fallen school, to find a group of surviving disciples and to strike fear into those that oppressed his students and disrupted their goals. However despite his intentions, the Master himself cannot act on them, for the injuries he had sustained during the attack have left him unable to revert back into his human form and have left him trapped in this state. Now, he seeks to accomplish his new goals through a disciple, to pass on the years of knowledge he had gained unto a student, one of which he could manipulate for his own selfish desires.

As of recently he has begun to stalk Kasper under the guise of the three legged cat; the same form he had taken upon escaping the assault on his school. Waiting, watching and judging the young mage, to see whether he is truly worthy of inheriting the plethora of knowledge he still holds.

Themesong

• a9a5838c4205175047f120291103583c.png

291638.jpg

• 5c7608b1daa008b04674f99e44783402.png

full
      ~Name~
      Kasper J. Styx
      ~Age~
      ~Gender~
      Male
      ~Sexuality~
      Heterosexual