• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Realistic Medium Security Prison RP Interest Check

Zelda

Heck
I've had this idea for a while. I'm lowkey obsessively interested in how prison systems work and how prison culture is. I was thinking we could play out a prison system, including a newbie, antagonist, guards, protagonists, etc. I'm not sure if this would be an all-boys or all-girls prison, I guess it depends on the majority of who's interested. Maybe we could make a unisex prison work?

These are the characters I'm thinking about (all your own OC, these are just general ideas for the characters so don't feel pressured to stay inside the box):

The newbie: Maybe this person got busted for selling drugs to try to desperately make money, but isn't actually a druggie themselves (think Breaking Bad) so they're pretty inexperienced with street life, they're scared, easily intimidated, etc. (I would prefer to play this role.)

The antagonist: Someone sees the weaknesses in the newbie, so they try to take advantage of them. Maybe he/she has a drug ring going on inside the prison so they intimidate the newbie into being a part of it.

The friend: This prisoner is sort of a mix between the newbie and antagonist. They can befriend and help out either one, or both. I imagine them to be pretty chill, probably funny.

Nice guard: A guard that befriends a lot of prisoners and maybe bends the rules sometimes.

Bad guard/warden: Really strict, probably sees the nice guard as incompetent. Experienced with prison and hard combat. Very controlling.

I imagine having one or two more characters that are open to ideas, like a pregnant lady, a hardcore druggie, a super smart tech geek, an intimidating and macho guy, etc. I don't have much of a plot, just the characters really.

Anyways, let me know if we would have enough interest to fill these sort of spots. Also, I don't really like to be the leader, so if someone wants to take over this idea for their own then let me know.

Side note, I was imagining like 2 or 3 good-sized paragraphs per post.

I might be down to play the warden, obviously we will have to get this organized first. So is the format you are envisioning like a 1v1 style but with more people since there is no GM?

I might be down to play the warden, obviously we will have to get this organized first. So is the format you are envisioning like a 1v1 style but with more people since there is no GM?

I'm not 100% sure actually. If someone wants to be the GM then I think it'd be good to have one.

I'm not 100% sure actually. If someone wants to be the GM then I think it'd be good to have one.
I think this format is one that negates the need for a GM to control things. Just pure interaction, with a small amount of creator generated events/conflict

Users who are viewing this thread

Back