• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Reach the Sunshine | Dark Alternate History with Magic

maksatransport

Pink Guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In 1890, we discovered magic. In 1935, we nearly destroyed ourselves. Some called it the Weltkrieg, The Great War, Gran Guerra; The people called it Hell. The Jaws of Death descended upon the works of man, and the world was enveloped in fire, it almost seemed like divine punishment for our unholy discovery. Everyone fought differently, be it the soldiers on the ground, the government officials in their offices, even mothers in the kitchen and children at school. Some had it better than others, though; If you lived in Los Angeles, you might worry about a stray bomb striking the grocery store, and if you lived in Paris, you worried you’d have to leave the catacombs to face the complete devastation. Hundreds of thousands of men were used as cannon fodder, eviscerated by the magic of the true masters of the battlefield, which itself was a gruesome image of peaceful fields turned to hellscapes with rivers of viscera.
With many cities and even countries in Europe completely leveled, the parties of the war began to see the utter pointlessness of the stalemate, at eventually abandoned the war effort. As a sign of the momentary peace, a so-called International City was erected to house the millions of victims of The Great War, and quickly became the largest of them all.

Hey. So this RP will take place in a world where Humanity discovered Magic, WW1 didn’t happen but a devastatingly worse Great War happened in the 30s, About 20 years from the RP’s start between The British, Spanish, French, Greeks and the Germans, Americans, Russians, Chinese and Egyptians (London Powers and Harmony Pact Respectively) over General Political and Ideological differences, The use of Magic, and some other things. The UN Equivalent Society of Peace was formed to Broker Peace, Regulate Magic, and help Restabilize and Rebuild after the war. A symbolic Capitol of the World was Created on a Group of Islands laying around the center of the Bay of Biscay to house everyone left devastated by the War, The setting for the RP.
My biggest influence and a jumping off point if you want a feel for the RP would be Disco Elysium, But honorable mention to any alternate history Hearts of Iron mod.
I will make a full lore page with everything relevant if I get interest.

quite interested! so have the Mexican and russian revolutions happened? what about the sino and ruso Japanese wars? did the easter rising go off, ii Ireland free? what about the Jews, was there ever a Balfor declaration or a Hertzel-led zionist movement? do we have a fascism problem? what about scientific racism? how did the catholic church react? is Magnus Hirchfield does gay? can I is does gay? do we still have the machine gun, tanks, and medical advances? have the collonial empires fallen, and what had risen in asia and Africa (Who seem to be scarce represented) i have so many questions.

quite interested! so have the Mexican and russian revolutions happened? what about the sino and ruso Japanese wars? did the easter rising go off, ii Ireland free? what about the Jews, was there ever a Balfor declaration or a Hertzel-led zionist movement? do we have a fascism problem? what about scientific racism? how did the catholic church react? is Magnus Hirchfield does gay? can I is does gay? do we still have the machine gun, tanks, and medical advances? have the collonial empires fallen, and what had risen in asia and Africa (Who seem to be scarce represented) i have so many questions.
I'm gonna address things like this in the lore page but I'll take it step by step here.
The Russian Revolution did not happen, The Mexican Revolution did happen but it ended in Baja California being seized and a US-Friendly puppet state being installed.
The Sino-Japanese war did not happen due to the Great Qing still holding power, and the Russo-Japanese war equivalent was fought between the previously mentioned Great Qing and Russian Empire over Japan and Korea.
The Easter Rising was Crushed, and Ireland never became free.
There was no Balfour declaration but The Zionist Movement remains largely the same.
Many states have became Proto-Fascist (I.E Fascist-Like political stances and Government structure) but there is no explicit Fascism (Hitler works as a greeting card artist in Vienna)
There is a Presence of Scientific Racism, Especially in Britan, America, and Russia
The Catholic Church reacted with a sort of Second Papal Schism, With the Pope who believes magic to be evil in Rome, The one who believes it to be a Gift from God in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
Magnus Hirschfeld died in Bilbao in 1938, His efforts had a similar effect to our world.
You can, But the societal image is sadly still quite hostile.
Machine Guns, and Tanks (Called Landships due to their invention by the Germans who did use a coded name during their development) stay generally the same, but medical technology has changed drastically due to the advent of magical healing methods.
The British Empire still holds the majority of their colonies, even more than they did historically, and the Second Spanish Republic (A Result of the Spanish Revolution in Response to Early Magic use) holds Suzerainty over Cuba, Morocco, The Philippines, and Gran Colombia; Asia is Controlled by mainly the Great Qing, and Africa still holds colonial territories in the West, But with much of Eastern Africa Controlled by the Egyptian State and their Client States.
And I Hope I can answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back