• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Re:CREATORS - A Story Of Fiction

PaulHaynek

The Roleplayer Nobody Likes
"Humanity has always been fond of telling stories.

Be it a story based off real events. Be it a story inspired by real events. Stories of allegory. Stories of symbolism. Some stories go beyond, limited only by the creator's imagination like grand, epic journeys across the world or new, original worlds that have as much stories as we do. Some stories are a mixture. Like a story that is a fantastical allegory based off real events.

From Beowulf's adventures to Frodo's journey. From Achilles' exploits to Usagi's trials. From the tales of King Arthur and the Round Table to the stories of Twilight Sparkle and the Mane Six. The world has always been teeming with stories, tales and chronicles. And as writing and reading became widespread and the people grew more literate. It should not come as a surprise that the world of stories expanded more and more. Even today it expands still, with no sign of stopping.

And that's not counting reimaginings and retellings. Old stories recycled and given twists. Deconstructing them and reconstructing them. Breathing new life to archaic, ancient stories by using a new way to tell it. Of course, humanity's capacity for imagination is boundless. Original stories still, and will, come out, giving no end to creation.

But not all stories are received equally. Some stories are praised worldly, vindicated, immortalized in history. Some are ridiculed, laughed at, pointed as examples of the worst works to have ever entered the world. Some simply... fade away into obscurity. Only read by a few and then... nothing, forgotten.

...I find it interesting that even these stories have stories to tell themselves... Don't you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey all! Paul here and I know I'm successful in running RPs here but I've got a Re:Creators itch that needs scratching and thus, this thang.

So this is going to be a Re: Creators RP. If you're not aware of what Re: Creators is, it's an anime where a bunch fictional characters get transported into the real world and have hijinks (both the funny and the non-funny kind). As to why or how is spoiler territory so go watch if you're interested in the premise.

This RP will be following the premise as well as a similar plot. Players are able to play as either the fictional characters or their creators or related people. However, if you're going to be playing as a creator, it is recommended that you make sure that your character be present in the RP either by playing them yourselves or having another person play them.

Characters from real franchises (like say, Saber from Fate/stay night) are allowed to be played but the creation history of that character and its franchise must be different.

Oh and, the main setting will be locked in Japan in the fictional coastal city of Akamagaseki as that location and the events there is kind of central to the main plot.

Here are the character sheets so you guys can begin brainstorming. However, I will reserve the judgment for the OOC proper.

Appearance: (Please refrain from using real-life pictures)
Name:
Personality:
Equipment:
Abilities:
Universe of Origin:
Background: (Their in-universe history)
Creation History: (When they were created and what inspired the character and etc. You can choose not to fill this up if you don't want to.)
Other: (put here things like if he/she is a different race than human and stuff like that)

Appearance: (Please refrain from using real-life pictures)
Name:
Personality:
Skills:
Background:
Other:

-----

Ask any questions you have~!

If that has to be different why are they allowed at all?

To allow people to play as characters like Fate/stay night's Saber without worrying or having to dig up Saber's creation history and potentially messing it up.

I mean I guess... I'm a big fan of re:creators, but cannon characters being allowed is not really up my alley. So, best of luck!

erm, well...do i need knowledge of the actual show? because if it is just Multifandom the Anime i could join but if it requires a load of prior knowledge and stuff, ain't got time for that!

Not quite. I'm in a similar boat as well. I want to participate but haven't seen the anime yet.

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Ariel Ariel

While it would take elements from the show, you don't need any sort of knowledge about it to play here. Just follow the Character Sheet and you're all set!

Also, important elements will be explained to you in the IC anyway so there's that.

erm, well...do i need knowledge of the actual show? because if it is just Multifandom the Anime i could join but if it requires a load of prior knowledge and stuff, ain't got time for that!
The biggest thing to note is that while its a Multifandom setting, it keeps in mind the fact that they are fictional characters in a series. Its a bit hard to explain, but basically given certain things happening, its possible that stuff can be done to alter reality for the characters since they are effectively in the world with their 'god' is at. That said, its not as easy as just drawing something and BAM the character has said thing. Its also good to note that as far as how it works, the character can actually be taken from a previous part in their story lacking some further developments in the story, such as being taken from an anime adaptation of a series and thus lacking what happens in the manga which might be ahead of things.

So basically Multifandom (not just anime but also games/VN/ or other media) but with the twist that their worlds were all created as works of fiction made real by the stories being loved by others and as such the 'creators' in the world basically are gods... just obviously just really human in our world. Some other issues and all are added with it, but its nothing that really needs to be explained and can be just brought up in the RP if they are even made a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back