• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy RavenWood Academy of Magic and Science.

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, this is an idea that's been in my head for a bit now... where there's an academy with two schools, one dedicated to the advancement of Magic, the other Science. I got the idea after watching To aru majutsu no Index, and it's sister anime. No, the RP won't have anything to do with them, save for I got the idea from it.

So here's the break down of the schools, the 'magic' school is split into the eight elements. Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Life, and Death. Each of the 'schools' in Magic has their own headmaster/mistress that answers to the Grand HeadMaster of the Academy. The same goes for the 'science' school, which is broken down to diferent aspects of science. Each school with in the science school has a headmaster/mistress that answers to the Grand Headmaster.

Now on the Grand Headmaster, there are rumors going around the students and faculty that he's the same person who founded the school over 900 years ago.

Now to the point, anyone interested in an idea like the one I have?

ZeiruliousMakavar said:
Will do, if at least 5 more people show interest then I'll go ahead and post the RP.
It sounds very interesting. Definitely eyeing up the fire and light elements.

Yeah? Well, I'm not sure if I'll be allowing students to go to multiple schools as of yet, that's something that I'll probably decide if enough of the people want it. You're always free to make more then one character though....

ZeiruliousMakavar said:
Yeah? Well, I'm not sure if I'll be allowing students to go to multiple schools as of yet, that's something that I'll probably decide if enough of the people want it. You're always free to make more then one character though....
Oh? Well, I was just thinking of having a fire elemental in the magic school but, two characters...I'm tempted (>>)

Yeah, and again if enough of the people want it, I'll make it so that students can go to multiple schools.

Id love to join in the magic school! Is there an official thread?

2d46469e2b6431e4906dac0a815c816e.jpg

I believe you misworded your schools, in reality, they should be Chemistry, Hydrology, Geology, Meteorology, Theoretical Physics, Biology, and Philosophy.

Actually though for the science schools, I'd go with

Engineering, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry

@PokemonGirl No, not yet. I'm waiting for at least 3 people per school to show interests. That is, Magic and Science.

@Deadkool No, No I didn't misword the schools for magic. Those that you listed would be the schools for Science, not magic.

The plot seems interesting and I would like to ne involved in this plot as a scientist. Please let me know of this takes off.

@Deadkool Yeah, wasn't very good... seeing as you were one short.

@Malkavian Will do. If it does kick off, I'll post a link here to it so that anyone who has interest and posted so will be notified.

So when I've dealt with things like this I picture the elemental academies as being the student's most proficient element, although the individual schools of magic are subsets. I also think very few respondents will want to play the science side unless maybe every magic student has a science opposite. Like maybe if a student of Earth magic focusing on Alchemy and Transmutation exists there is a nearly identical student of Chemistry focusing on inorganic chemistry and metallurgy. And they hate each other if they meet, so maybe the player would have to control both of them or something?

I agree and think for many subsets, that would work, but I think the schools should also have a central difference. Magic is more mobile and can be deployed faster and in bulk, while science is sturdier and hurts more.

Well I am sure the scientists

ZevVeli said:
So when I've dealt with things like this I picture the elemental academies as being the student's most proficient element, although the individual schools of magic are subsets. I also think very few respondents will want to play the science side unless maybe every magic student has a science opposite. Like maybe if a student of Earth magic focusing on Alchemy and Transmutation exists there is a nearly identical student of Chemistry focusing on inorganic chemistry and metallurgy. And they hate each other if they meet, so maybe the player would have to control both of them or something?
Well since there is magic in this rp, I assume it is fantasy. That being said, I was thinking that the mages learn to advance and control their powers while the scientists learn to contain and combat the mages if need be?

Actually, Malkavian is close to what I had in mind for the RP, each of the two academies tend to hate each other. Another note, is that I was planning on including an Annual Competition between the two academies, with the prize being the larger budget. (Annual in the RP that is...)

Sorry about the belated post everyone, my computer was in the shop getting fixed... I'm starting the thread now.

Okay thread is up everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back