• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ravenhurst University of the Magical Arts

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ezra, Mood: thankful and curious/excited
Current Location: Hogwarts Entrance
Ravenhurst House: Morgana
Current Class: n/a
Outfit:
gabriel ball outfit.jpg

Ezra quickly extinguished his cigarette in his pocket ashtray. "Yeah, you're probably right. Also nice, I've heard about Ilvermony, it always sounded rather nice." He was glad that he found someone to talk to and hang out with for a bit. Guess his outfit had one perk, being so ridiculous it was a conversation starter. Plus Adrien seemed nice and he was easy to talk to.

Seeing the other take off his jacket and hand it to him surprised him for a minute, resulting in him being rather flustered. "Thanks." He put it on smiling at the other. "Guess I owe you, now." He wanted to make a joke about the other being his savior but chose against it not wanting it to come off wrong. Ezra chuckled before following him inside.
Flame Demon Flame Demon

Professor Andrews

With:
Professor Ravenhurst
Where: Great Hall
outfit: A clean suit
house: Merlin
tags: PixieDust PixieDust

The exasperated Andrews swooshes in just outside of the school grounds. He wastes no time tipping his hat to Filch and sprints toward the ball.

The doors to the Great Hall were slammed shut, but nothing is ever locked when a wand is in his possession. Andrews pressed his wand against the gargantuan door, its tip lighting up with a slight tinge of blue. The stultifying gate, a solid impenetrable mass of steel, surrenders to his presence. The wand slowly sinks into the door, circular ripples reminiscent of water appear as Andrews advances. The mighty gate of the Great Hall turned into a still pool that leads him inside.

Andrews breathes a sigh of relief as he witnesses the dance has begun. Amidst the festivities of the firework and dance, he sticks to the wall and scurries to make his way to the Professors' table.

However he's not there to mingle and talk shop with Flitwick, he bears news worthy of the Dean's ears. The superstar that she is, it's hard to find a break where he could address her directly. He continues to wave at her hoping that by chance she'll take notice.

AMELIA RAVENHURST
with: Garrett
where: Hogwarts Great Hall
outfit: ball gown
house: Merlin Head of House
tags: Flecker Flecker
render.php

Returning to the hallowed halls of Hogwarts seemed to have the opposite effect on Amelia Ravenhurst than she had hoped for. Instead of feelings of nostalgia and cosiness, the woman was slapped in the face with her impending non-existence. Perhaps it was due to the sheer number of literal ghosts floating around the building. As a girl, she'd barely acknowledged their numerousness, but now, railing toward thirty years later, the amount seemed almost mocking as she made her way to Professor McGonagall's... no, Headmistress McGonagall's office to prepare for the upcoming festivities and watched them float along chatting about inane topics. Beauxbatons would never allow the ghosts of the dead to take up residence in the palace; far too gauche for the aesthetic value...

'By Jove, is that you Miss Ravenhurst? What ho!' Amelia turned to see the ghost of Gryffindor house beaming down at her. 'Professor McGonagall told me you were coming back here! Come I shall accompany you to her office.'
'Thank you Sir Nicholas.'
Amelia found herself relaxing a fair bit once in conversation with her old house ghost. They had always been amicable with one another and she couldn't help peppering him with questions about fifteenth century England as was customary in their conversations

After meeting with McGonagall and the rest of the present faculty, time seemed to fly past in a whirlwind and it was time for her to make her grand entrance through the door at the back of the Great Hall. Taking a deep breath, she waved her wand over her person and her everyday robes melted away into a beautiful, floor length green ballgown with sparkly silver shoes. Today, she more resembled a glamorous Slytherin than a member of the house of the lionhearted as she strode into the room, sweeping a glance over the students and staff gathered together to celebrate her historic accomplishment. She even thought she spotted her daughter Harriet looking somewhat impressed by it all as she spoke to the gathered party.

Once she had stepped down from the podium that Albus Dumbledore had used so often during her time at Hogwarts, she noticed someone waving at her out of the corner of her eye. Professor Garrett Andrews apparently, which was quite brilliant, as she had hoped to assemble all of her new staff together for a brief toast.

Amelia strode over to the man with a congenial smile, which only faltered a little bit upon noticing the urgency of his expression.
'Good evening, Professor Andrews. I do hope you're enjoying the
festivities!'
x

Returning to the hallowed halls of Hogwarts seemed to have the opposite effect on Amelia Ravenhurst than she had hoped for. Instead of feelings of nostalgia and cosiness, the woman was slapped in the face with her impending non-existence. Perhaps it was due to the sheer number of literal ghosts floating around the building. As a girl, she'd barely acknowledged their numerousness, but now, railing toward thirty years later, the amount seemed almost mocking as she made her way to Professor McGonagall's... no, Headmistress McGonagall's office to prepare for the upcoming festivities and watched them float along chatting about inane topics. Beauxbatons would never allow the ghosts of the dead to take up residence in the palace; far too gauche for the aesthetic value...

'By Jove, is that you Miss Ravenhurst? What ho!' Amelia turned to see the ghost of Gryffindor house beaming down at her. 'Professor McGonagall told me you were coming back here! Come I shall accompany you to her office.'
'Thank you Sir Nicholas.'
Amelia found herself relaxing a fair bit once in conversation with her old house ghost. They had always been amicable with one another and she couldn't help peppering him with questions about fifteenth century England as was customary in their conversations

After meeting with McGonagall and the rest of the present faculty, time seemed to fly past in a whirlwind and it was time for her to make her grand entrance through the door at the back of the Great Hall. Taking a deep breath, she waved her wand over her person and her everyday robes melted away into a beautiful, floor length green ballgown with sparkly silver shoes. Today, she more resembled a glamorous Slytherin than a member of the house of the lionhearted as she strode into the room, sweeping a glance over the students and staff gathered together to celebrate her historic accomplishment. She even thought she spotted her daughter Harriet looking somewhat impressed by it all as she spoke to the gathered party.

Once she had stepped down from the podium that Albus Dumbledore had used so often during her time at Hogwarts, she noticed someone waving at her out of the corner of her eye. Professor Garrett Andrews apparently, which was quite brilliant, as she had hoped to assemble all of her new staff together for a brief toast.

Amelia strode over to the man with a congenial smile, which only faltered a little bit upon noticing the urgency of his expression.
'Good evening, Professor Andrews. I do hope you're enjoying the festivities!'

Ruby Knight
Great hall
Vivi - akira_vargas akira_vargas
Celaena - Talathel Talathel

After the speech, sort of, Ruby sighs, she wasn't one for dancing, she could dance though, but given there were mostly Gryffindors and one Hufflepuff she highly doubted one of her old classmates would want to dance "Guess I'm going to the snack table." she says and smiles at the two "Feel free to join me if you want, but you could go looking for a dance partner if you want." she says and walks towards the food table.

Once she's at the table she finds herself some food and a seat, she could ask Adrian to dance with her, but that was the obvious choice and maybe he wanted to ask someone else, not that he knew anyone else. She smooths out her dress a bit and raises an eyebrow at a professor, she guesses, running up to Amelia with something akin to urgency, they'd seen some weird stuff at Hogwarts, so she had learned to recognize someone in a hurry.

LYSANDER MCCALL

with: Divya (mentions Isla)
where: hogwarts entrance
outfit: suit
house: n/a
tags: @girlcanines
render.php

Lysander shook his head slightly when Divya unironically stated that she would not look good in blue. Standing there as she was, Lysander thought she could look good in any colour, just as he would. As his mum liked to say, "it's all about the shade and the undertones," or something along those lines. He often thought Hufflepuffs were just too damn humble for their own good.
"Too right, McGonagall's gonna go mad...' He said, as his gaze drifted over to a beautiful silvery haired young woman in an obnoxiously floral dress who strode past him with her intent fixed on the group with the dog. He felt temporarily dazed, as though he could do nothing but stare at the girl forever, until he felt something whip past his feet in the same direction and the haze faded. A bloody niffler of all things, he quickly realised! Peeves will have a field day. 'Looks like there's more than one creature around, ey?'

It was at that moment that the Great Hall doors opened, and he straightened up a little, his baby blue eyes alight with excitement. Over the heads of the crowd he caught a glimpse of colourful banners in the room and the professors gathering at the end of the hall. Not wanting Divya to be jostled by the crowd again, he held out his arm for her to take if she would like.
'Shall we?' he suggested, with his attention fixed on her and a conspiratorial grin.

x

Lysander shook his head slightly when Divya unironically stated that she would not look good in blue. Standing there as she was, Lysander thought she could look good in any colour, just as he would. As his mum liked to say, "it's all about the shade and the undertones," or something along those lines. He often thought Hufflepuffs were just too damn humble for their own good.
"Too right, McGonagall's gonna go mad...' He said, as his gaze drifted over to a beautiful silvery haired young woman in an obnoxiously floral dress who strode past him with her intent fixed on the group with the dog. He felt temporarily dazed, as though he could do nothing but stare at the girl forever, until he felt something whip past his feet in the same direction and the haze faded. A bloody niffler of all things, he quickly realised! Peeves will have a field day. 'Looks like there's more than one creature around, ey?'
It was at that moment that the Great Hall doors opened, and he straightened up a little, his baby blue eyes alight with excitement. Over the heads of the crowd he caught a glimpse of colourful banners in the room and the professors gathering at the end of the hall. Not wanting Divya to be jostled by the crowd again, he held out his arm for her to take if she would like.
'Shall we?' he suggested, with his attention fixed on her and a conspiratorial grin.

Professor Andrews

With:
Professor Ravenhurst
Where: Great Hall
outfit: A clean suit
house: Merlin
tags: PixieDust PixieDust

Andrews' exasperation fades, his face lights up as she takes notice of his presence. Befitting of his tendency to disregard norm and tact, he briskly approaches the Dean without an ounce of care, not even to Professor Flitwick, his former master, turned colleague, turned rival of the craft. However boorish he might be, he's aware when every head must bow. He stands in her presence with his back bent slightly forward, symbolic of his reverence of the Dean.

Andrews beams at her. "Indubitably, Professor Ravenhurst! Certainly an indelible grand opening to launch a new era of magical excellence." His words charged with enthusiasm, face full of innocuous excitement that harkens back to a child's anticipation of gifts on Christmas morning. "I shall endeavor to deliver the very best to our illustrious roster of students."

However, that glow, his unbridled energy, suddenly drops. A twisted, sheepish look replaces his radiant smile. "Er- quite serendipitous that I found you here, Professor. I have a matter that you may need to address." He begins rummaging his overcoat. "I, uhh, assume you've had the chance to read my files, yes?"

Andrews' movement of magical realism and his close association with natural science translated into a "too close for comfort" association with muggle establishments intrigued in the magical world.

The files he mentioned are highly taxing, nigh-incomprehensible "research" (though rambling is more apt) documents inundated with so many technical jargons recounting his experience role-playing as one "Barnabus B. Biggleston'' a muggle scholar enlisted in several muggle learning institutions. The papers themselves bore no immediate merit and served as pointless mental exercise, but if Professor Ravenhurst did toil through them she'd find a particularly worrisome entry which said, "I've confided in a few colleagues regarding my magical ability, though initially skeptical, the mini experiment I've devised seems to have silenced their demurring gaze..."

Producing a plain envelope, he presents it to the Dean. "I'm happy to report there's a development to it.. this, er, tiny, relatively insignificant university may, and I can't stress this enough, MAY, be aware of us and it's.. offering a chance for a collaboration."

Normally the word collaborate is welcomed with joy, but when it's a muggle institution seeking out a magical university.. that perhaps is a direct violation of the statute of secrecy.

However, he believes he’s out of his depth with this one and he defers to the Dean. Should she open the envelope she'll be greeted with an insignia that most wizards might have seen, but never bothered to inspect further which reads "University of Oxford"

Dear Amelia Ravenhurst,

I trust this message finds you well. I have been informed of the establishment of a university of magic, of which, as far as I am aware, a first of its kind. I propose a collaboration between our institutions.

I want to investigate the nature of witchcraft and wizardry and integrate it into our understanding of the physical world. This certainly will bolster our endeavors in clearing misconstrued notions that we held in our observable universe.

I am aware of a potential predicament with this proposal through our mutual colleague, Dr. Garrett Andrews, rest assured we will maintain the highest standard of clandestine collaboration.

Should you agree to this proposal, we shall send two students coming from majors of physical science, mathematics, or engineering to partake in your studies for the current academic year. They will be admitted as ordinary students attending their first year. You will not expose them to preferential, alternative, or doctored treatments in any way. Their well-being, tuition fee, and other ancillaries will be our concern as well.

Once again, I am delighted at this prospect of venturing into a brave new world of scientific discovery.

Professor Albert Hall,
Director of Quasi-Logical Experiments Laboratory
Department of Physics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back