Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Roleplay [Closed]

Dawn shook her head and stepped up to Mari, leaving her spear in the ground. "It was made very apparent to all neighboring places that the area around here is not up for grabs" She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head. "Where is this "Village" anyway. I haven't seen one anywhere around here." She crossed her arms and Trinity put a hand on Dawns's shoulder, "It's alright Dawn if she was planning on something I'm sure she would have already done it and she hasn't done anything has she?"
Dawn rolled her eyes, "Yeah- Y e t"
"You know what"
Trinity lightly pushed Dawn back and stood in her place then smiled at Mari. "Very sorry for her she can be a bit protective but of course you have no reason to worry about that," Trinity assured her.

Rapunzel let the others ask questions, and then answered Mari's.
"No, this is a recent, very magical development but, how did you know Eugene was human?"
Eugene still looked skeptical at the young girl, but something in is expression also looked like he was trying to remember...
He went to take a step forward and winced, holding up a paw. Rapunzel took a look at it and bit her lip.
"The ring, I forgot! It's way too small for you now!"
With some effort she managed to work the tiny band off the bear's huge paw. She held it in her palm where it rolled against the similar engagement ring on her own finger. She looked up at Eugene and he looked sadly back.
"We need to find a way to reverse the spell." She said, taking a leather cord out of her bag and tying the ring onto it, giving it a generous amount of length. She looped the cord over Eugene's thick neck, letting the ring hand at his throat, nestled in thick, brown fur. Eugene brushed the ring tenderly with his claws.
"And we need to do it fast. Our friend Dawn was a fox not too long ago, and she started to lose her mind. I can't let that happen to Eugene....can you help us?"

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo Zer0 Zer0

"Our only lead so far is the forest, and a sorceress by the name of Tina that lives in this house. She was...less than helpful." Rapunzel glanced back apologetically at Trinity.
Varian and Dawn did make good points. "In all honesty guys, I don't think we have much of a choice, besides, if she wanted to do anything to us, she would have stayed hidden, right?"
Rapunzel did think of the fact that the ring on Eugene's paw was nearly impossible to see nestled in his thick fur, until he actually made it's presence obvious, but for the sake of trust, she decided to let it go.
"It's nice to meet you Mari. So, you said you can help us? Do you know how this magic got so out of hand? We think it started with one of Tina's spells, she used it to curse Dawn, but now, it seems she doesn't have control over the magic anymore, and, when Eugene was attacked by vines in the forest, he got scratched."
Eugene showed Mari the base of his leg, where the cut was still there, dark, and deep.
"I need this to keep from happening to anyone else. I'm the princess of Corona, and even out here, it's my responsibility to keep people safe."

- Devon Bronson -

Devon looked indignant. "Varian is no kiddo, he is the royal alchemist, I'll have you know," he said from the window," and quite the decent fellow."

He ended up sighing again when it seems they had no choice but to accept Mari. Why were their sources of aid unpleasant and suspicious people? It was quite frustrating to have Eugene's betterment in the hands of someone difficult that they have to follow. He did not have Rapunzel's patience, nor her kindness to see the good in others.

He glanced again at the opposite end of the cabin, then made his way down the basement. Moments later he held out the soggy, half-burned dark book out to the others from the window. "There's also this." He opened and showed the Reversal page. "A-apologies, I burned the book. If it can be mended somehow, perhaps then we'll know how to change Eugene back."

At the mention of needed a vine to examine Eugene huffed, and put a paw on Rapunzel's shoulder, shaking his big head. No, it is far too dangerous.
Rapunzel seemed to understand and put a hand over his paw.
"What choice do we have? I'm not leaving anything to chance, if Mari says it could help, we have to try."
Eugene sat for a moment, then stood on his hind legs, towering over the group, and patted his chest with his forepaws. I will go.
He pointed to Rapunzel and then to the ground. You stay here.
He didn't want to risk her getting cursed as well.
"No way, just because you've already been affected by the dark magic doesn't mean it can't get worse. We're all going to go."
Eugene sighed a heavy, bear sigh and looked up at the dark sky, but as much as a bear could smile, he was. There was no stopping Rapunzel.

"Devon, maybe you can help Mari find something like a restoration spell in the book while we go. The rest, keep your guard up. There might be more to worry about than just vines."

Rapunzel and Eugene started back towards the forest.
It was darker now, and they came to a stop at the edge. The plants seemed thicker than before. Eugene wrinkled his nose and gave a deep whine. He glanced back at Mari as if to ask "are you absolutely sure about this?"

- Devon Bronson -

That satisfied Devon, and he secretly gave Varian a reassuring nod in return.

"I-I don't know, really, I cannot read magic runes. They only look like pretty symbols to me." he said to Mari in a much friendlier tone. "As you wish, your Highness." he added, nodding to Rapunzel.

"Can you read them, Lady Mari?" he offered the book to her as they travelled. "There are also these papers that were torn off." He showed her the stuffed pages that had ripped claw tears. "May we please have that purple light again, Varian?"

- Devon Bronson -

"Thank you." He held it up high, as he walked beside Mari, the glowing end just reaching up past her shoulder.

Devon looked back at Varian, and his questioning, "Mm?" was followed by a pleasantly surprised smile.

"Oh, I forgive you, Varian." he said easily. He glanced back where Trinity was with Dawn. He hung back a little to nudge the Alchemist's side playfully. "I understood why you got intense." he whispered, leaning close and winking. "And anyway, I don't expect you to read my mind."

He looked down at his hand. "How are your wrists? That woman had grabbed you there."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

- Devon Bronson -

"Same." said Devon grimly, scowling at the trees ahead. "I was at a lost at how to handle her . . . I wonder, how do you imprison a magician? Is there an alchemical thingamajig that can prevent them from using magic? Or a sort of potion you can slip into their drink?"

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Ahh, the Kingdom of Corona, the happy kingdom that is home to the well-loved Princess Rapunzel, and her benevolent parents. Randolph the Foolish hated them, hated the kingdom, and all who dwelled within it. He once wanted to entertain them, to make them laugh, and to make his family proud. But, instead of laughing, those unwashed fools mocked him, booed him off the stage, and eventually, drove him out of the Kingdom all together with the rather infuriating title "The Unfunniest Fool in Corona." For years he dreamed of revenge against the kingdom and longed for the day when he would turn all of those who mocked and rejected him into fools of a comedy of his own, now was that day. Thanks to the assistance of a new friend, Randolph The Foolish would now begin a campaign to gain the justice he though the deserved, and nothing would stand in the way of his vengeance, not even the Princess or her meddling friends.

While that blasted Princess and her no-good friends were out being led on a merry chase by Mari, the sorcerer girl he had enlisted in his little scheme, Randolph the Foolish had decided to make a little "trip" into the city, and eventually made his way to the town's biggest brewery. If one were to peer into the alley near the brewery, they would see a Jester clad in a very colorful Green and Purple Jester Costume, which was topped by a golden masquerade mask. He was currently leaning on the side of the wall, humming a tune to himself while tapping impatiently with his foot, which occasionally let out a jingle due to the bell attached to the end of his shoe. He eventually let out an annoyed growl and thought bitterly to himself,

"Where are those morons!"

Suddenly, the sounds of crashing, and a few grunts of pain echoed down the alleyway as two men came into view. One of these men was tall and fat, while the other was short and thin. They were clad in similar clothing, which consisted of a green shirt and brown pants. Randolph facepalmed as the two men approached. The gentlemen were the Delarosa brothers, two of the most bumbling crooks in Corona. He had hoped that the rumors about them were false when he hired them, but they weren't. Randolph immediately walked up to the men and slapped them across the face, causing them to cry out in pain and grip their faces. Randolph then snarled and said to them,

"You morons are late! Did you atleast bring the jar?!"

The thin one, Boris, nodded and pulled out a jar full of green poppies. Randolph immediately let out a laugh and snatched the jar. These poppies were gonna be the main ingredient of his first prank, which also involved the brewery. Randolph immediately smirked and slinked into the brewery.

3 hours later

KA-BOOM!

The doors, windows, and roof of the brewery blew open, releasing a tidal wave of beer foam into the busy streets. The foam knocked over stands, washed people off of their feet, and other quite destructive consequences. Left in the rubble of the factory was a letter addressed to the King and Queen, a letter that read.

You laughed and jeered.
You mocked and humiliated.
But know you'll find.
That it's your turn to be humiliated.

Randolph The Foolish

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon looked at the salt shaker thingy with fascination, and his golden eyes widened in interest behind his glasses at the truth serum. "So such things actually exist . . ." he said amazed. Then he patted Varian's arm bracingly. "Ah, well, perhaps if it comes down to it, we can use a dark vine to turn her into a toad, or a slug. Maybe then she won't be able to use magic."

He was quiet for a bit, listening to the leaves rustling from their steps, and the chirping of crickets, as fireflies rose in the dark edges of the purple light.

"If you don't mind me asking, Varian, which village did you come from?"

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon shrugged. "I thought you hailed from a foreign kingdom. I have never seen this before in all my travels." He waved the glowing tube, " Nor any of the things you pulled out of your bag. So when you mentioned your village I was surprised."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon nodded respectfully. He went quiet for a bit. "And you . . . you don't like talking much about her either?" He asked carefully.

When the conversation changed he nodded again. "Yes, they're back home in Corona. I think they think I'm safe, since I told them Eugene would be here. I grew up there, though my grandfather, Papa Bron, found me in the Barrens when I was but a wee kitten. I don't remember it, though. But he brought me home, and then him and Mama Rose adopted me."

A low rumble rose from his chest. Purrrrrrrrr.

He looked ahead, reminscing warmly, his golden eyes the softest they have ever been and blinking sleepily.

"They're wonderful. They never made me feel different, nor less than their human grandkids."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Rapunzel glanced back as she heard bits of the conversation. "Whoa, nobody needs to turn anybody else into an animal...no matter how tempting it might be. More wrongs won't make this right. Let's try to find a way to turn Eugene back, then we'll worry about Tina."

When Mari asked how much further it was, that was when Rapunzel stopped.
"We're here."
The vines were thicker now, coiling about the trees, visibly moving. The path through the wood was blocked almost completely. They weren't going to get back the way they had come. Eugene wrinkled his big nose with worry.
"Now, all we have to do is get a piece of one of the vines...it might be tricky, these things were less than friendly in our last encounter."
Eugene groaned beside her, and then mimed being attacked from all sides. "less than friendly" was a major understatement.
She looked back to the group "Any ideas?"

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Zer0 Zer0 Spencypoo Spencypoo Killerclown Killerclown

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon sighed. "You're right, princess, it will probably turn into a circle of neverending revenge." He looked ahead sullenly. Though kind Rapunzel had a point, he really wanted to turn that woman into a slug.

When they reached the wall of vines, Devon looked to Varian, rubbing a claw over his furry chin. "Perhaps a trap? It looks like there's nothing for it but to goad them with fire. I can be bait? Someone can cut a vine while it's after me, and then I run to a place rigged with that bomb of yours, Varian, that can burn them before they grab me?"

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon smiled, nodding at Varian. "Always. And I'll count on your inventions to save me." He threw Mari another stern look, then waited for the trap and the person who was going to cut the vines to be ready. He then went over to Eugene. "I'm sorry, Eugene, but could you watch my things for me?" he took off his bow and quiver, shrugged off his green cloak, folded it neatly, unslung his small backpack, and then laid them on the grass in front of the bear.

Moving a safe distance away from the group, he squared his shoulders, pushed up his glasses, then crouched on the grass. His small lamp dangling on his belt, he got his firesteel ready, and when everyone was done, shakily said: "Three . . . two . . .one."

Spark

His lamp was lit, and off he rocketed for the vines.

Devon was a black blur, trailing a ribbon of light, weaving through the underbrush in a flurry of leaves. The writhing vines surged for him. He abruptly turned, the coiling mass slammed against a tree, up he climbed, thrusting up they followed. He whizzed through the branches in dizzying loops. He was tying them up, testing how far the vines could reach, until he circled around back towards the group.

"Cut them! Cut them!" he panted.

He leapt over their trapped ground, only an arm of slithering coils reaching close for his tail now ---

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

A stray of liquid fire splashed across Devon's back. A mreow! of pain and he stumbled, quickly crawling behind a tree as the rest of the explosion blasted past them. He closed his eyes against the heat wave, as flames rose up his back.

Immediately in the smoky aftermath, Devon dropped and rolled. "Help! Help!" He stumbled blindly towards the others, covering his face, as he frantically tried to put the sticky flames out.

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon's shaky paw held Varian's knee. He squeezed, half in pain, half reassuringly. "No, but it's alright, Varian." he hissed, wincing as he slowly got up. He smelled of burned fur, and there was a smoking splash shaped hole, still glowing ember in a few places on the back of his dark wool shirt. There his blistering pink skin showed, red in a few places, the edges charred brown and black with patches of scorched fur. "Nothing . . . nothing vital was damaged . . ." he slowly moved, feeling his injury. " It's alright, I'll heal. I don't think the fires of an explosion can be controlled in any case, and I was too close. I made the call, this was my idea."

He slowly walked to get his green cloak and carefully wrapped it around himself. He sat down, catching his breath. "Did we get a vine?" He removed his glasses and wiped the soot off with his pants.

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon did totter. He smiled despite the sting of his burns, as Varian steadied him. "Oh, thank you." he looked like he was about to say more, but just relaxed and allowed himself to be helped.

When Mari said thank you, Devon looked up as though the sun came out at night time. "What's gotten . . . " he held back his question. Then for the first time, he gave Mari a friendly look and grinned. "You're welcome, Lady Mari, glad you think so." If possible he actually looked better than before he got burned.

He looked up when Varian sat next to him. He smiled at his silence, and once more reassuringly patted his knee, not saying anything either. He nodded after he spoke. "A salve and bandage sounds good, but not here. I don't feel safe lingering here."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon looked to Varian. "Any more of those bombs?" his look was steady. Despite what happened, he still believed in his inventions.

Dawn didn't take too kindly to Mari, to begin with, and kept on guard more worried about her than anything else that had been going on. Dawn stayed close while holding her spear tightly in her hands. She was almost one hundred percent sure she was going to need it ready when Trinity, of course, snatched it out of Dawn's hands. She was worried Dawn was going to start conflict when the group clearly had enough to deal with. Trinity blew her brown, wavy hair out her eyes as she narrowed her eyes at Dawn. "Stop being so rude to someone trying to help out! For once can you do something to contribute?!" She then turned and looked at Varien. Dawn simply rolled her eyes, tempted to take the spear back but instead, she only crossed her arms. "Hey science guy, have you actually tested those before, or is this that 50/50 type of thing?" Dawn then asked with a raised brow. Trinity shot a glare at Dawn, clearly not in the mood to bicker with her. "I trust he knows what he's doing Dawn..." She took three steps back with Dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread