Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Roleplay [Closed]

Rapunzel was ready for the woman with an apologetic but warm smile, however the woman spoke before she could open her mouth. She seemed friendly, but if Rapunzel thought twice, she would think the woman's smile was forced. Something about her reminded Rapunzel of someone, someone she didn't want to think about...

Eugene was taken aback by the woman. She marched straight past him and Devon to shout for Trinity upstairs.
He was about to follow when he noticed Devon was looking at something on the table.
The title of the book caught his eye immediately.
"Oh, that can't be good. "Dark magic?", nonono, we do not like dark magic. Trinity was right. I'll bet this is how Dawn was transformed."
He watched Devon for a moment, when it was clear what he was trying to do Eugene reached out a hand. "Wait, if that book really had something to do with Dawn, we might need it."
Just then Trinity came downstairs. She snatched the book away.
She had a right to be upset, but Eugene's face was grim.
"You should take a look at the cover of that book Trin--" But he didn't finish. His leg, the scratch he received from the vine in the forest flared with pain. It was so painful that Eugene collapsed on the floor. It made such an audible sound that Rapunzel heard it and came running down the stairs.

"What happened? Eugene!"
"Rapunzel get back!" Eugene forced out through gritted teeth. "I don't know what's happening...the book..."
He was clutching the wound tightly with both hands. When Rapunzel finally managed to pry them loose she could see the cut was dark, veins like ink snaking from it across Eugene's skin.
Suddenly, he began to grow. Thick brown hair sprouted all over his body, his face grew longer, his hands turned to great clawed paws. In only a few moments, Eugene was no longer lying on the floor, instead, a great, brown bear lifted its head, dizzy and disoriented.

"Eugene..." Rapunzel took the creature's head in both her hands, turning his face to see his eyes. Still the same warm brown. It was still him.
"Can you hear me?"
The bear looked confused, but nodded, letting out a deep grunt, followed by several more. He put a paw to his forehead and tried to sit up. It wasn't clear if he had fully realized what had happened...

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo Zer0 Zer0

Rapunzel turned to Varian, trying her best to piece together an answer for him.
"The cut Eugene got in the forest was black. I think the vines were...infected with some type of dark magic. It must have spread to Eugene through his injury...before he changed he said something about a book?"
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Trinity watched Eugene, wide-eyed then put a finger to her lips. "We have to stay quiet or else she'll get up to check out the noise." She looked down at the book in her hands then looked around upstairs. As far as she could tell her mother had fallen asleep so she ran to the table and laid the book on it, flipping through what was left of the book. "If this book is what I think it is then it should have a cure right?" She went through each page quickly and noticed that every 3-5 pages an image was shown on a page then later would be explained, taking note of that, Trinity started skimming most of it for something that looked familiar to the current situation. Once she found the page that they needed she skipped a few pages to a caption in bold that read, "Reversal" But the words below had been smeared, blending into each other and making it nearly impossible for her to understand much less read.

- Devon Bronson -
"Basement, Cabin"

"I'm sorry, but this feels like a trap." said Devon to Eugene earlier and set the book alight.

When Varian came down, he quickly put a paw up. "Wait, wait, it says Verdict, Grimoire of Dark Magic' on the cover!" he whispered back, dancing around the table trying to duck under Varian's arms.

Devon's claws came out and they clamped tight on the half burning book, as Varian got hold, and he was pulled up along with it. The tailor weighed no more than your common seven-year old. "And don't you think it's odd, Varian, Eugene, that Trinity suggested we look for clues down here, but now we're not allowed in here by her mother? This place where her friend was cursed?" he whispered, dangling in the air. "And her mother isn't happy we're here, that's really strange!"

And then Trinity appeared. "Wait, wait, don't, I'll be ---" Too late. There was a ripping sound, and the back cover of the book was torn off, a handful of ripped flaming pages swirling everywhere, as Devon was sent flying across the room from the force of the pull and landed with a thump, splayed on the floor and dizzy.

There was a thin, but deep, long raking claw mark across the front of the half-burned book.

Devon shook his head, getting up. "Y-you suggested we look in the areas down here, my lady, remember?" He spluttered, confused. Suspicion started to grow in his expression, as he came to, replacing his feelings of guilt. "It-it says Verdict, Grimoire of Dark Magic on the cover." he gestured plainly with a paw. "It is an evil book. And, aren't we supposed to be in a hurry for your friend? You suggested we rest earlier too. Things . . . things are not adding up, Trinity. I burned the book because I thought this was a trap and that the book will be used to do something to us." He frowned. "What is really going on?"

Suspicion, yet there was patient hope behind those bespectacled golden eyes, that perhaps there was a good explanation for all this.

And then Eugene turned into a bear. Devon gaped, as Rapunzel came down. So many things were happening at once. And he just pointed at the book when Rapunzel asked.

Rapunzel looked to Trinity too, still holding Eugene's face, er, muzzle, in her hands.

Eugene swayed a little and blinked.
Hey, sunshine, It's okay, I dunno what that was but boy, did it knock me for a loop.
She had turned back to him, but that same worried expression appeared again.
Don't make that face, I said I'm all right...
He reached out to put a strand of hair behind her ear...and froze. A paw. His hand was a paw...
It only took a moment, glancing from paw to Eugene's face for Rapunzel to see what was going through his head.
"Eugene, I need you...not to freak out. Okay?" All she had heard was the snuffing and grunting of a bear when he had spoken.
She took a mirror from a small side table and very slowly, held it up to him.

The bear was reflected back and Eugene's eyes went wide.
"Don't freak out!" Rapunzel said quickly.
Eugene the bear, made a strangled noise at the back of his throat, but for now, he kept some semblance of calm. His eyes were still wide as saucers as he tried to keep his breathing steady.

Trinity sighed and looked around the room with an unreadable expression then she then inhaled deeply while slowly walking out of the room. Dawn looked at Trinity and her ears instantly fell as she began to back away from the door, allowing Trinity to stand where she was. Trinity lightly knocked on the door and stood quietly and waited for an answer. After a couple of minutes of waiting, Trinity was ready to knock again but she heard the lock turn. She calmly opened the door and looked at her mom who was sitting in a chair placed in the corner of the room. "I need answers and need them now" She then walked closer, not bothering to close the door.

Tina looked up at Trinity and smiled then pulled her down so the girl was sitting by her side. "If you require answers dear I'll need questions"
Trinity clenched her fists and looked Tina in the eye. "You know what this is about! But I want to hear you tell me...Did you curse Dawn?"
There was a long pause of silence before Tina answered. "Why would you a-"
Her daughter cut her off, "Did you do it or not? Yes or no" She asked again, trying her best to keep her cool.
"Well of course I did darling but where is this coming from?"
Trinity stood and her old expression was replaced with a face of pure anger, "You told me- You didn't know...I traveled for days without sleep...because of you.." Tina shook her head and stood then gave her a hug. The girl dodged the hug and stepped away, "No! You don't get to hug me." Tina only laughed and stepped closer to Trinity, attempting to hug her again but stopped short when the young girl drew her dagger. Tina's smile faded almost immediately. "Trinity put the dagger away," She told-No, ordered? Nope. She Threatened Trinity.
She held the dagger closer to Tina "Can you fix them?"
Tina rolled her eyes, "Yes of course I can dear"
"Then do it"
Trinity glared daggers at her mother but she only stared back. It was as if she was challenging Trinity. They held cold stares for a while before Tina smiled again, clearly amused. "I'll turn them back"
Trinity lowered her dagger and looked confused, "Really? Just like that? No...Fight or anything?"
Tina nodded

Trinity looked at Tina and shook her head. "I have no reason to trust your word"
Tina shrugged with a smile still plastered across her face, "What other option do you have?"
Trinity thought for a moment, trying to make a decision on what to do next, and her mother began talking again. "Keep in mind that the longer you wait the less time you have. And I know for a fact that your little friend's time is almost up"
Trinity looked at Tina with visible irritation and stepped away to think but Tina only followed behind quietly whispering, "Tick tock" In her ear.
The girl groaned and eventually gave in, "FINE! But don't try anything or I swear I won't hesitate t-" Tina snapped and Trinity's dagger had gotten smaller in her hand and turned into a butter knife.
"What will you do again?" Trinity was practically steaming and dropped the dull butter knife, she yelled at her mother. "UGH! YOUR IMPOSSIBLE!" She grabbed Tina's wrist and gripped it tightly while leading her out the room so she faced Dawn. Trinity pointed at the fox, "Fix her!"
"What's the magic word?"
"NOWS NOT THE TIME FOR JOKES JUST TURN HER BACK"
Trinity yelled in response. She was letting her temper get the best of her and as she looked at Tina she only saw her mother's smile widen. Tina was doing this on purpose, that became clear to her now.
"I don't think that's it," Tina said calmly.
"Mom...Please turn Dawn back" Trinity wanted to bite her tongue but if Tina were to actually fix Dawn she didn't want to ruin her chance
"That's all you had to say!" Tina laughed and snapped her fingers on both hands.
Slowly Dawn began to change. Her tail started to shrink until it was gone, both ears seemed to connect grow as her body and limbs grew, the fur disappearing. She then stood in a crisp white shirt with black pants to go with it. Dawn looked around, noticing the new height she had gained. As she held her arms out and saw not paws- but actually hands she felt a bundle of emotions flooding in at once. She glanced at Dawn and smiled. Her hair slowly went from red ginger to snow-white. Dawn was human again.
Trinity watched her friend change in front of her eyes and covered her mouth as Dawn stood. "Dawn?"
Dawn looked at Trinity and smiled widely, "Who else little red?"
Trinity laughed a bit. She hated being called that by most people but that's because that was her nickname from Dawn and her alone. Trinity ran up to Dawn and hugged her tightly. "Your back!!"
Dawn hugged back but then looked at Tina then at Trinity, "Trinity we need to get Eugene back before we celebrate. Then take care of this wich" She crossed her arms then looked at Varian. "If I remember correctly your the royal Alchemist" She looked at him from top to bottom. "You're a lot smaller than I expected" Dawn joked. "Now lead the way will ya?"

Trinity followed Varian while Dawn tightly held Tina's hand's together as they both made their way down. "No, I'm fine...Just a bit...anxious I guess?" Trinity turned to her mother. "But I'm more interested in why you changed Dawn into a fox." Dawn tightened her hold on Tina and agreed with Trinity. "What did I do to you?"
Tina laughed and stared at the girls. "Why not?" She seemed to be enjoying every moment of this despite the tense situation she was in. She found this fun. "Of course you don't know!" Tears formed in her eyes as she continued laughing. "Sheer absolute boredom my dear." Tina then fell silent.
Trinity rolled her eyes. She didn't understand what was so funny but she shook the thought away. "Now you have to fix Eugene," She gestured to the bear in the room and Dawn loosened her grip, slowly letting go but staying close.

Tina's eyes seemed to light up as she looked at Varian. "Well, aren't you a special one!" Tina made it sound like a compliment but she said it between gritted teeth. She swiftly kicked Dawn so her hands were free and lightly held Varian's hands in her own. "I wonder what could cause this" She then stared into his eyes, looking for his reaction. "You should be helpful"
Trinity quickly ran behind Tina and pulled her back but without a weapon to threaten her with all she could do was try to hold her still.
Tina looked at Trinity mildly annoyed then easily picked her up, setting her down by Dawn, and slowly walked back to Varien."Would you actually hurt me if given the chance?" She stood about two feet away from the boy without breaking her gaze on him. "You have your reason but let me give you a fair warning..." Tina grabbed Varian by the collar of his shirt and pulled him off his feet, to her level. The air around them got heavy and made it hard to breathe, "Try me and Those girls-" She used her other hand to gesture to Dawn and Trinity. "Will pay for it" She let him go and held her hands behind her back, walking to the bear but she only observed it. She was proud of this and wasn't too sure about changing it.

She turned back to the boy and blinked. "why studder?" She then shrugged, now bored of Varian. "You were more fun before you were scared" She put a hand on the bears head then stepped away suddenly. "But your more valuable then the rest of the children here"

Dawn then jumped up and tackled Tina to the ground, pinning her. "You make me sick just fix him" Dawn spit the words out like venom. "NOW" Tina knew that the girl holding her could make a weapon out of anything if she had the time. So she calmly listened and smiled. "You'll have to let my hands go dear"
Dawn moved her hands down so they only held Tina's wrist. "There"
Tina snapped her fingers and the sound echoed through the room as Eugene began to transform back.
Tina's face dropped to a stone cold expression, "It really is a pity that this had to end so soon," Tina sounded genuinely dissapointed and this made Trinity overflow with anger.
She stood up and stomped her foot on the ground. "YOU FIND RUINING AND ENDAGERING OTHER PEOPLES LIVES FUN?! ENTERTAINING?! WHAT KIND OF SICK PERSON ARE YOU!!?" Tina smiled again at Trinity's reaction.
"Your mother of course" Tina answered.
Trinity looked disgusted and scoffed, "I dont have one anymore" As she watched her mother she could clearly see that her words stung her. But Trinity didn't feel bad for saying it because she couldn't believe she was associated with someone as wicked as Tina. So she cut the strings- Trinity no longer took orders from that lady anymore. "So tina, are you willing to go peacefully without causing more drama or will we have to do this the hard way?"

Last edited:
Rapunzel watched silently as the woman who was Trinity's mother came downstairs with two girls, instead of one.
She gasped when Tina took hold of Varian.
"Let him go!" She moved to try and stop her, but she let him go a moment after. Rapunzel ran to help Varian to his feet. She could only glare at the woman, waiting for her to change Eugene back.
"The forest? Was that you too? Why would you do that? What could you possibly gain from it?"
The sorceress ignored her for the moment, instead focusing on the bear in the center of the room. Rapunzel felt more than heard a deep growl coming from the back of Eugene's bear throat. The snap echoed through the room and the bear winced, his form shifting in a mass of black, shadowy magic. Then he was human again, he looked at Rapunzel and smiled...before the magic flickered. Eugene cried out, fell again and before Rapunzel could reach him. The bear had returned. The magic was not going to let him go so easily. It was almost like it had a mind of its own.
"What did you do?!" Rapunzel cried, turning on the witch. "We told you to change him back!"
Eugene the bear blinked, looked at his paws, first one, then the other. His ears were flat against his head, the fear evident in his eyes. It hadn't worked...why hadn't it worked?

Tina looked at her speechless. She was at a complete loss for words.
Seeing the state she was in, Dawn let her go. "Congratulations you lost a kid" She looked at Tina as the lady stood and raised an eyebrow, waiting for her next move.
"I apologize for the trouble ive caused to you" She looked at everyone in the room around her but the apology was directed towards Trinity specificly. She then looked at the bear again, ignoring Rapunzel. She tilted her head and then turned back to Trinity

Trinity couldn't care less about the apology. She felt it was fake- Just a trick to get her to change her mind. She stepped away and turned her back to Tina. The lady looked at the ground and then started walking up the steps. A few minutes later the closing of a door could be heard from above. Tina was gone. Once Dawn heard it she walked over to Rapunzel and the bear. "That's a little odd- It worked when she did it to me and it doesn't make sense for her to temporarily turn him back..." She then waved Dawn over. "Little red what do you think?"
Trinity stayed silent.

Rapunzel stared in disbelief as Tina turned to go.
"No!" She got up and went after her, right behind Varian.
"We're not finished here!" Her voice was low, commanding. Rapunzel was not going to leave things like this.
"If you can't do anything then you need to tell us who can. Someone must have trained you. Tell me. Now. We're going to change Eugene back, and lift the curse on the forest."
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Eugene the bear sat sadly in front of Dawn and Trinity. When they began to speculate why the magic didn't work he began to think too. An idea hit, and he slapped a fist into another furry paw. He pointed to his injured leg with one claw. It hadn't been Tina who had cursed him. He had been infected with dark magic when the vine scratched him.
Spencypoo Spencypoo

((Pfft- Thats alright she was walking out the door))

Tina looked at Varien and the atmosphere got darker, her face wrinkled as she attempted to move with no luck. She eventually gave up and looked at him, uninterested in whatever he had to say. "What do you want boy?" She then watched Rapunzel follow behind and groaned loudly. "Not you too" She began to rub her temples. "What problem do you have?"

Meanwhile, Dawn looked at Eugene confused, she didnt know what he was trying to say but Trinity did. "Oh yeah! But if Tina's magic wasn't enough to turn you back then what is?" Dawn looked more confused then a few minutes ago. "Uhm mind catching fox girl up?" Trinity sighed then explained briefly what he was trying to point out. "He had gotten injured by a vine that had attacked us but got infected with some kind of dark magic. Thats seems to be the cause for Eugene's change."
Dawn slowly nodded "So how do we reverse the- Whatever you would call this?"
Trinity shrugged, "Thats what I have to figure out"

"What about vines ? And all you need to know is that I know enough to see your potential." She then paused for a moment, sensing the presence of something- Or rather someone unfamiliar. She turned to the source but saw nothing and then continued. "I see the threat you pose.. The magic youve both possed both now and in past events. Now let me go"

"Not until you tell us what you know." Rapunzel demanded. She brushed past the woman to stand in her way. "I'm not leaving Eugene as a bear! So I'm not leaving here, until I get answers. Where did you learn magic? How do we undo this?"
Spencypoo Spencypoo

"I was born with this- Talent I suppose you could say but as I told you I know enough" She snarled at the girl. Tina wasnt in the mood to conversate any longer and was tempted to use her own magic to get out the situation but she knew better then to do that. It would only cause more problems and trouble for her. "Let me leave or face the cconsequences."

Rapunzel didn't move. She stared at the woman. It was true she had no magic of her own, not anymore, but she wasn't going to let that stop her.
"Answer me."
It was then Eugene, hearing Rapunzel's raised voice scrambled up the stairs. He saw Rapunzel squaring off with the witch, and was ready to intervene if things got bad.
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo

Tina sighed for a long time before talking again. "Ive done my part and I dont have time for your ignorant questions. So Leave Me Alone" She then snapped and seemed to vanish in a giant blue cloud of dust. Triniy and Dawn stood being the brown bear, watching Tina dissapear. Dawn spoke up, "What happened here?"

When Varian tried to pat him Eugene ducked, sat up on his haunches and wagged a claw at the alchemist. Don't touch the hair please.
Realizing his hair was now not hair at all, but thick, brown fur, he seemed sullen, and his ears drooped.
Rapunzel ran both hands through her short, distinctly non-magic, hair, dismayed, but not entirely discouraged.
"Don't worry Eugene. We are going to fix this. I promise. We should look around again, in case we missed anything. Oh hoho, you can bet Tina is going to answer for this. As soon as we get back to Corona..."
Eugene wasn't listening entirely, he was sniffing the air, and moved to push open the door, looking out into the night.
"Is there something there?" Rapunzel asked, coming to his side.
"Hello?" She called, waiting to hear if anyone would answer her back.
Max and Fidella had waited for them by the cottage entrance, they came to greet them as Rapunzel stepped outside. Max started when he saw the bear, he scraped a hoof across the dirt and was about to charge. Eugene gave a yelp and dove behind Varian, despite now being three times his size.
"Whoa Max! It's Eugene!"
The horse paused, narrowed his eyes at the bear and then his jaw dropped. Eugene looked up, both forepaws now covering his head, he waved at Max sheepishly.

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo

- Devon Bronson -
"Cabin"

That escalated quickly.

He had followed after Varian, and stood at the top of the basement stairs, alarmed and horrified at the sight of a daughter pressing a knife against the throat of her mother. And the cold, cruel, calm in the mother's eyes, as she sauntered around the cabin, looking at the cursed ones as though they were play things. It made Devon's blood boil.

Everyone's blood was boiling.

He kept quiet. No use adding wood to this fire. He felt a headache coming on at the back and forth that went nowhere, at the mother's pride not budging, no remorse, just enjoying her power over those weaker than her. He could see there was no reasoning with her, unless they were on her terms. Not even the princess' royal authority, nor her own daughter could sway her.

And now he felt like he cannot help, he thought, as he jumped up the table, covered his lamp, and then hooked it on to his belt again. Far be it from him to threaten or shed a mother's blood in her own home. What will his grandmother think? Perhaps this was a quest for Corona's finest after all, not a mere tailor.

And yet he could not abandon Eugene, heroic Eugene. And Rapunzel's dismay reminded him too much of the queen's melancholy years ago. He sighed, running a paw across his jaw, thinking. He really did not know what he could do now.

His ears twitched. There seemed to be another disturbance, and lo and behold there was another lady out in the woods. Playing cat and mouse it seems, and he briefly wondered if this was another character simply out to flaunt power over those weaker than her. That or a brigand playing bait for her fellows hidden in the dark. He stayed behind inside the house, opened a window, and stood by the wall for cover and peered out at the surrounding woods, bow ready.

"That . . . might be bait." he said quietly. "Be careful."

- Devon Bronson -
"Cabin"

"Peaceful folk that don't want any trouble, friend." Devon called out in a voice of both calm and steel. "You are making me nervous, hiding out there in the dark." He tried to get a glimpse of the newcomer in early-morning greys of his dark vision. "Show yourself, and tell us what is your business here?"

- Devon Bronson -
"Cabin"

Devon lowered his bow, but kept the arrow knocked.

Staying behind cover, he glanced behind him to the opposite end of the cabin, and through the windows to see if there were skulking figures outside circling around the back. He looked back at the girl.

"Only being cautious. It's quite odd for a young woman to be out and about so late at night outside someone else's home, but if we have nothing to fear from you, then you need not fear us."

Dawn had felt genuinely bad for Eugene since he was going to have to be stuck as a bear but she didnt know what she could do to comfort him or make make him just feel better about to the situation. She was always the type to joke or maybe even just the protective type at times but she wasnt too used to being the compassionate kind, so she just kept her distance. Dawn had looked at Trinity as she started to hear light rustling not too far from the grounp and walked over to a nearby tree, ripped a branch off and shot another look at Trinity.
Trinity knew exactly what Dawn was trying to say and ran into the cabin, grabbed a knife and ran back out, carefully tossing it to Dawn.
She caught it by the handle and started quickly carve the tip of the thick branch till it was a sharp point. She then gave Trinity the knife back and held the spear she had crafted toward the source of the sounds.
When she had watch Mari walk out she forced the end into the ground and leaned on it while looking at her. "Maybe if you werent hiding in bushes and sneaking around we wouldnt point weapons at you" She then rolled her eyes. "Who are you anyway again?"

Rapunzel, put a hand on Devon's shoulder and gave him and the others a reassuring smile.
"Let me try talking to them."

She took a step forward, holding up her hands, she was unarmed. Eugene made a suspicious face at the trees where the voice was coming from, but he didn't move.
"We're from Corona. My name is Rapunzel, this is Devon, Eugene Varian, and Trinity and Dawn, who live here. What's your name? Do you know this area well?"
Maybe this girl, because Rapunzel was sure it was a girl, knew Tina, or at least something of magic that could give them a clue to reversing the damage that had been done.
"We promise we're not here to hurt anyone. We just want to return the forest to normal, and help my friend."
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Zer0 Zer0 Spencypoo Spencypoo

((I have class now but I'll be on later))

Users who are viewing this thread