Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Roleplay [Closed]

((Sorry for the absence, I started new classes this week))

"Hey, I really don't think it's a good idea to be splitting up at a time like this." Eugene pointed out. Max snorted his agreement, but Trinity had made the fire and was gone before he could protest further.
"What do you think we should do?" Rapunzel asked. "Wait for her?"
"In this creepy place?" Eugene replied. "I really don't like that idea."
"We might not have a choice Eugene, Trinity was the only one who knew where we were going."
Eugene paused for a moment. Then went to the fire. He took the curtains from the carriage window and tore then into strips, tying them onto thick sticks to make torches to better light their way in the forest.
"I say we go after her. What do you think?" He asked the group.

Deep in the trees, something moved, creeping slowly closer to the fire. Before anyone saw it, the vine had coiled itself around Eugene's foot. It pulled taught and Eugene yelled, dragged bodily into the air and left dangling. More vines began snaking out of the dense bushes, trying to ensnare anyone they could find.
"Rapunzel! Varian, Devon! Get out of here!" Eugene yelled, drawing his sword. The vine shook him and he fumbled it, dropping the blade to the forest floor.

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo Zer0 Zer0

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

"It is quite dangerous to linger in a place where something dangerous that we don't understand is out and about." nodded Devon from his perch on the branches. "But I trust her, Miss Trinity lives here, so she knows this place well. But if you wish to follow, your Highness, I would go where you go."

He resumed his watch, golden eyes and glasses reflecting the firelight, when suddenly Eugene was yanked up. Devon rolled out of the way, as a vine whipped around where he was perched a moment ago, a whirl of green cloak, and drew out one of his small knives.

"Who's there?! Show yourself!" Dark coiling things in the darkness slithered around the canopies for him. His knife was a flurry of silver; dead vines rained down, as he leapt from branch to branch towards Eugene. "We are peaceful folk! Cease this instant, or it will be the stocks for you!"

He clawed up the branch where the vine dangling Eugene hung, then startled, catching the neon blue orb. "What is this, Varian, what do I do with it?!"

SilverFlight SilverFlight G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Trinity froze in place for a second as she listened to the now distant yells then bounced back and forth arguing with herself in her own mind. "If I go back then I'll lose where I already am! But I-" Her own thoughts were interrupted when she saw Dawn dash past her without a second look then looked at Ruddiger. "What's going on here?!" She picked both of the critters up and raised an eyebrow. Dawn almost immediately shot what had seemed to be a look filled with warning, as if she was threatening Trinity. "Dawn snap out of it!" Sensing her friend's state she put Ruddiger down and tightened her grip on Dawn to keep her in her arms. Dawn bit down on Trinity's hand until it had bled. Trinity dropped Dawn and held her own hand, observing the bite while biting her lip, trying her hardest not to scream or yell in pain then Dawn ran off again. Trinity looked at Ruddiger and shook her head. "Let her run she did this before... When she comes back to her senses she knows where to find us." She said this confidently but inside the same negative thought echoed in her head "You mean IF she comes back to her senses" Said the voice ringing in her ear over and over. "I mean it only made sense! If Dawn was losing her humanity by the minute then there could be no going back. What if-" She ripped off a piece of cloth and started to wrap her hand. "What if this is it- What if it's too late to fix her.." A single tear escaped her eye as she stood frozen at the thought but quickly shook it off. "I know shell to be back and I'm sure she's fine" she then stated while keeping her eye on the raccoon. While she was talking to him it was still clear she said it to assure herself. Trinity continued on her path until she made it to the cabin she called home.

Dawn made her way back to where Trinity had started and looked at the vines for a few seconds before running at a group of them that weren't in anyone's way at the moment. She gnawed at the base and when another vine whipped at her she let out a low growl and jumped on the vine, tearing, biting, and scratching at them until they stopped moving then got to the ground as one of the vines fell down, dead. She was learning how to fight it, that was clear now. She then ran away in a random direction.

Last edited:
Dawn stoped running and sat then turned around, blinking a few times while feeling confused. She shook her head and slowly started walking, making sure she remembered the way she was going. Once she spotted a stream and sat down and wrapped her tail around herself, taking a short drink from the calm running water. When Dawn gets finished she gets up and climbs a tree, jumping from one to another until she's back on the path Trinity took then dropped down gracefully, landing by Dawn. She kept her distance but stared at the cabin then jumped on Trinity's shoulder.

Trinity looked at Dawn and she smiled, then let out a sigh of relief before opening the door and looking around. As expected it was empty. Trinity sat Dawn in a wooden chair that had been placed by the wall, angled towards the fireplace. "Alright, I'll be back with the others. You stay here and... If mother does come home early then come to me immediately got it?" Dawn nodded and puffed her chest out as she sat. Trinity smiled and walked out, running to the group then suddenly stopped, looking at the situation. She tightly gripped her dagger and started to cut down some of the vines. "Someone wanna catch me up?" She said as she barely dodged a few vines that seemed to fly fast her.

Rapunzel dodged vines left and right, she grabbed the sword Eugene had dropped, and, seeing Devon had been given the means to free the captain, she turned the blade on the vines holding Varian. She sliced the ones holding him, but while she did that more slithered out.
Varian had the answer: the fire. Rapunzel dodged another vine, leapt over one more, but the third caught around her ankle and she fell, hitting the ground hard, just feet from the fire Trinity had lit. She reached out, stretching as far as she could. The vine tightened and began to pull her back.

Eugene dropped with a yelp and landed in a heap on the ground, but he was up in an instant.
"I owe you one Devon!"
He raced over to Rapunzel and drew his dagger, slicing the vine that was holding her. Rapunzel grabbed a stick from the fire, holding the flaming end and waving it at the vines. They recoiled, but it seemed to make them angrier. More poured from the trees.
"I think we need another idea!" Eugene shouted as he pulled Rapunzel over to Varian and Devon.
"Make a circle, backs together, weapons out. If we protect each other, we'll be okay."
Fidella and Max joined the circle too, stamping on any vines that tried to ensnare their human friends.
"Let's think! When did the vines start attacking us?" Rapunzel called out. "Maybe there's something we did to provoke them!"

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

"You're welcome, sire!" Devon jumped down, back to back with Eugene, hooded head barely taller than his waist. " A person isn't behind this?" he was in disbelief. "Do I have to apologize for cutting the branches of the tree?"

He paused at Varian's words. Maybe that's it. He chuckled, despite their situation. "Glad you have a sense of humor right now, Varian." That lightened the fear in Devon's heart. He looked around to see if they were trapped, if there was a way out.

Trinity smiled at Varian's pun but didn't comment since she was concentrating on the long whip-like vegetation in front of her, continuing to slice and swing her dagger skillfully at the vines while slowly backing herself into the circle as the cloth she had wrapped around her hand started to loosen and fell to the ground. "There are too many vines here and when we kill one it's like another comes, we have to get away!" She looked around and saw an opening where a group of dead vines was laying on the ground, and seeing how most of the other vines were on the other side she saw this as their chance. "Follow me!" She briefly pointed to the way she was looking and ran as fast as she could, grabbing a bag of what she could only assume was filled with food as she dashed at the opening and didn't stop running until she was sure that the vines were far away. She then sheathed her dagger, putting it back in her ankle strap before carefully climbing a tree to get a better view and idea of where they were. Despite the occasional sting that she felt in her hand as she tightly gripped the branches to pull herself up farther, she stood and saw smoke from the fire they had started just moments before. "If we were there then-" She jumped down and counted on her fingers. "We're not far from the cabin we should be safe there but until we get to shelter were still in danger."

Rapunzel's expression lit up. "That's it! The fire! Max!"
The horse was moving in an instant, he ran to stamp out the flames.
"Quick! Put out your torches too!"
Rapunzel plunged the stick into the sand and the fire died. Once the orange glow of fire began to subside, so did the ire of the forest. The vines loosened and retreated slightly, allowing the group to follow Trinity.

Eugene let out a breath. "Varian that was some pretty fast thinking. I am so glad we brought you along."
Rapunzel smiled, she had picked up one of their bags and held something out to Varian. It was a small medical kit, with bandages and a salve.
"You should make sure Trinity's okay," she encouraged him. "Here's something to treat her wound."

Eugene went to check on the others. "Are you all okay? Devon? Quadrupeds?"
A sharp pain on his leg made him wince and he looked down. Where the vine had grabbed him the fabric of his pants was torn, a small scratch welling blood underneath.
It didn't look bad, so Eugene decided not to worry about it.

"This magic...doesn't seem evil to me." Rapunzel mused as they walked. "It's almost as if it's..."
"Wild." Eugene finished for her. She nodded.
"It could be connected to what happened to Dawn, or, maybe it's something like a side effect? If someone was using powerful magic here, this might just have happened by accident."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435
Spencypoo Spencypoo
Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Trinity sighed and thought for a moment while looking at the ground then turned to Rapunzel and Eugene. "If that was an accident then how much magic does one person have to be able to make hostile plants the way we saw them and what were they doing that made it happen to begin with?" She was quiet for a moment as she tried to piece it together in her mind before speaking again. "Wouldnt it make some type of sense for the rather unpleasant appearance of the forest to also be linked to those vines? I mean I know it may be a bit of a stretch but it's still connected nature magic.... Something that can give a different type of life to certain things or end it." She lightly brushed her finger over her wound that had opened up and gotten a bit bigger than it originally was. "It could just be me though-" Trinity didn't know much about magic herself so she wasn't even sure if she was making sense or if she sounded dumb for saying it.

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon was breathing heavily, the light of battle still in his golden eyes, as he watched the vines retreat. He straightened his glasses and patted twigs and leaves off his cloak. "I'm alright, sire, thank you."

He padded at the backmost of the group, still looking behind him every now and then, a small knife still in his paw. The forest was a cool grey, like the light of early morning, through his dark vision. He glanced to the front when a purple glow blossomed. Now that was fancy. He stared at the tube in Varian's hand, fascinated, before resuming his watch. He followed the group without talking, ears continuing to twitch on guard, until they reached the cabin.

Trinity looked at Varian with a hand on her hip and slowly nodded. "Oh uhm, sure!" The girl then hesitantly held her hand out towards him with her palm facing the air as she turned her head away, looking to the side of herself. "You really don't have to, it's honestly not that bad I mean I've had way worse in the past anyway." She looked down at Ruddiger but as it got darker she realized that she could probably see better without her cloak that currently partially obscured her vision. She used her other hand to take it off her head, brushing a strip of hair out of her face then turned her head up so that her gaze fell on Varian. "You alright?" She then asked.

Last edited:
Eugene looked down and drew in a sharp breath as he saw the cut. "Huh, I've met some cranky plants, but these vines were pretty unfriendly."

He heard Trinity's reply and shrugged. "Rapunzel always looks at the best side of things, no matter how dark they are." He gave Rapunzel dopey grin. "It's part of her charm."
"That's true I guess, but you could be right Trinity. There might be someone at work behind all of this. We should try to get to your home soon. Now Eugene, let me bandage that wound for you."
"Ah, it's not serious, I--"
"Sit."
Eugene sat and Rapunzel knelt by his leg, took out another kit and began cleaning and dressing the cut. Eugene looked back at Max, who was also sitting now, just behind him. The horse shrugged, Rapunzel's commands were compelling.
Eugene turned his head to glance back at Devon.
"You really don't have to use the "sire" title, technically, I'm still your average, yet charmingly handsome plebeian rogue. You know, you're pretty cool under pressure, have you always been a tailor? Ow!"
"Sorry," Rapunzel apologized after making Eugene wince. "I haven't had to wrap a wound in a while...magic hair sort of made the skill a little redundant."
"Not that I am wishing for it, the sundrop and moonstone caused no end of trouble, but looking at our present situation I think some magic hair would make me feel a lot safer."

Trinity slightly winced and slightly pulled her arm back. "Sorry-" She held it out a bit again and stood still. "No, Ruddiger didn't do it- But I'll keep that in mind for him." Trinity sighed. "Dawn...kinda...went a bit....savage and bit me to get away but she's... as normal as she can be at the moment. I took her to the cabin and told her to keep watch," Trinity explained as Varian cleaned her bite wound. She was about to correct Varian, Dawn wasn't a "wild animal" Not in her eyes anyway. In Trinity's eyes, Dawn wasn't just a fox she is the same energetic, incredibly intelligent, and persistently stubborn person that she found worth fighting for. But she figured that now wasn't the time for that.

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

When the group stopped to tend to wounds, Devon clambered up a tree --- far away from any vines --- and crouched there, watching over them.

He was taking a swig from a waterskin when Eugene spoke. He gave him that same surprised look when Rapunzel offered her hand to help him down the carriage.

"Yes, I was raised into the trade. But you get used to danger, being a merchant on the road. Bandits love trying to steal from us." He smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes this time.

He lifted over his shoulders and showed Eugene his short bow from up the tree. It was made of wood, horn, and sinew, and was as long as the cat tailor. Dangling at the bottom of the grip was a small light collection of animal teeth, leather patches and worn metal insignias belonging to roving brigands, Eugene would know from experience, that like to prey on travellers on main trading routes. Either Devon bought it from them . . . or, more likely, took it from them.

"That aside, I personally do not think of you as a plebian rogue, sir." He put away his bow, and looked warmly at him and Rapunzel. "You brought back joy to her majesty, the queen when you brought Princess Rapunzel back home. Before that she had been most melancholic for many a year. She is a kind woman, listens to us peasant folk, and you made her happy. I've also heard of the story. The legend. How you selflessly chose the princess' freedom before your own life." He dramatically arched his knife across the air. "That. is most worthy of the honorific of sire, and then some. " He grinned at him. "But, if you prefer that I call you Eugene, then Eugene it shall be." he added, smiling warmly once more.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Remind me never to make you angry." Eugene told the tailor.
Under Devon's praise Eugene looked mildly sheepish and rubbed the back of his neck. "So, maybe I'm a little more inclined to heroics than I thought...it helps when you have the motivation I did."
Rapunzel smiled at that, and then stood, finished with the bandages.
"'Eugene' will do just fine." He confirmed, getting up as well.
He heard Varian's theory. It was a good one.
"In the interest of not testing the theory of it being contagious, I suggest we go. Quickly. Trinity, you're our trailblazer. Which way?"

Trinity nodded and started to continue on the way to her home, staying cautious of the place around them. Once she reached a stone path she smiled and followed to the cabin, opening the wooden door. The room felt warm and it was nice considering how the wind outside had picked up a bit. She looked at Trinity and then at the group. "I suggest we look in the areas downstairs where it happened but maybe it's better if we rest a bit? Today has been pretty eventful" Trinity offered.

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon chuckled, then added. "Oh, yes, your romance is quite the envy of many a couple and daydreaming lady, Eugene."

He followed behind them to the cabin, and when they arrived, he almost went to open the door first, before he stopped himself and remembered how to behave. Crossing the threshold, his shoulders relaxed, and he lowered his hood. It was pleasantly warm inside, and briefly his thoughts went out to his family. He wondered if they had eaten dinner already.

Coming back to the quest at hand, he looked to Princess Rapunzel, as usual, for what to do next.

Trinity nodded in response and opened a door to a new room, walking to a low wooden dresser then slid the drawer open. She grabbed a small, clear container of ink and a thin stack of rolled up parchment paper with a quill carefully placed inside then she walked out. Trinity then placed the paper,quill and ink on a table that was pushed agaisnt a wall. "If anyone eles needs anything just knock. Theres a few extra blankets and some pastries in the other room" Trinity pointed a door close to hers then walked back into the room she had gotten the writing supplies from and partially closed the door, leaving it cracked open. Dawn jumped out the chair Trinity had sat her in, curling herself up in a ball comfortably by the fireplace and within a few minutes she had fallen asleep.

Rapunzel followed Trinity and Varian into the little cabin.
"Are you sure you want to rest?" Eugene asked. "We're pretty close to the clues we might need to get to the bottom of this."
Rapunzel looked around the room carefully.
"You live here with your mother right? Where is she?"

Eugene found a small lantern on a desk and a matchbox. He lit the lamp and brought the lantern to the top of the stairs.
"You write that letter Varian, I'll go take a look downstairs. If Dawn really is running out of time, we should get to the bottom of this as fast as we can." He looked at Devon next. "I'd feel a lot better with you as backup."
He started down the steps.
"Eugene," He turned when Rapunzel said his name. "...be careful."
He shot her a smile. "When am I not?"

(( Spencypoo Spencypoo Do you want to say what Eugene finds down there or should I make it up?))

(I'll go ahead and tell)

When Eugene got to the bottom of the stairs he was greeted with the strong scent of vanilla. Just a few feet in front of him was a table covered in red cloth with the source of the smell sitting on the table by a closed book. It was a vanilla-scented candle and the flame that was burning it was slowly getting smaller but it was still enough light to illuminate the cover of the book. It read, "Verdict, Grimoire of Dark Magic". The cover had appeared to be torn in the corner and as that was made aware the candle went out completely and the room got colder. A quiet squeak followed by a loud thud could be heard on the far side of Eugene. In the same direction as the noise, a figure got up and stood to full height while looking at Eugene as it walked closer, now fully visible in the light of the lantern. There in front of him was a middle-aged lady with long ginger hair, a few strands of grey plainly visible. She wore a black cloak seemingly with the same clasp that held Trinity's together. The lady then opened her mouth to speak but closed it again, holding back whatever was on her mind as she walked up the stairs and yelled Trinity's name. She stood impatiently for Trinity while ignoring everyone else in the room.

- Devon Bronson -
"Creepy Forest"

Devon nodded at Eugene. There was a fshh, as he sparked a match and lit the lantern around his belt.

He followed behind him down the stairs, and to his surprise there was on old lady. The hair prickled up his neck. Something was odd. She was in the dark, and by the way Trinity behaved it was as though she herself thought they were alone in the cabin. No family greetings, no 'I'm home!', no hello's or who are you's. Devon felt like he wasn't supposed to be here, or he had come upon a place he wasn't supposed to.

"Wasn't she told we were coming?" he whispered to Eugene.

His ears flicked uncomfortably. He hesitated going back up the steps, then turned around and quickly began investigating the room instead.

Trinity jumped up at the sound of someone calling her name. She was tempted to stay put since she had finally got comfortable but figured that keeping the person waiting wouldn't be a good idea, so she quickly made her way to the door, slowly opening it and making eye contact with the lady. "Yes, mother?" She then asked in a small voice.

Trinity's mother looked around the room she was in and then back at Trinity with narrowed eyes. "I remember telling you to get the assistance of one person and not a whole group" She didn't bother trying to hide the irritation in her voice as she spoke coldly but shook her head and a small smile spread across her face. She turned to everyone else and this time when she spoke she sounded rather pleasant and kinder. "No matter! Welcome to my home, my name is Cristina but you may simply address me as Tina" She took off the cloak and then closely observed every face in the room before continuing. "I'm sure Trinity has been a great host to you all and your welcome to stay as long as you need but all I ask-" She raised her voice so it echoed through the house, "I ask that you stay out of the basement and Trinity we'll talk in the morning." She then walked into an empty room, locking the door behind her.

Dawn had woken up and started making her way to Trinity's side, lightly pawing at her leg then pointed her head towards the room her mom had gone in. Trinity looked at Dawn confused and lightly patted her head. "What's the matter?" Dawn ran to her door and clawed at it, leaving small scratch marks as she quickly turned in a circle and started chittering loudly. Trinity looked at the group, not sure what to make of Dawn's behavior. "Dawn, what are you trying to tell me?"

Last edited:
- Devon Bronson -
"Basement, Cabin"

Devon immediately saw that the basement was empty. This was very odd. Nothing but the ominous book that was sounding off alarm bells in his head.

He glanced upstairs where he heard the old woman begin to talk. He was probably going to get in trouble for what he was about to do. Squaring his shoulders, he jumped up the table, then set his oil lamp down.

When Varian came down, Devon was holding a book over his open lamp, and it was half on fire.

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Trinity started to smell something burn, taking her attention away from Dawn. "Uhm can you g-" she looked up and then around the room to find Varian gone. She walked past Dawn, quickly making her way into the basement, and saw both Varian and Devon. She then noticed the burning book and she let out a gasp then shouted in a whisper, "Why is going on?!" She ran over and forcefully snatched the book out of both the boy's hands then ran into the pantry to pour water on the book, putting the fire out. Trinity tried her best to dry it off as best she could with a damp towel and once she was done, just now noticing the title she started to panic inside. She walked back to Varian and Devon, holding the damp book. It took everything in her not to raise her voice because whatever would come out her mouth wouldn't be anywhere as bad as what her mother would do if she found out that her book had been destroyed. "Why are you burning things that aren't yours? No actually, better question- Why are you both in here?"

Users who are viewing this thread