Other Random question of the day Rant

So for the past three days, I haven't had any answers to the questions I asked in the Random question of the day thread whatsoever, and I don't know why. Are the questions too niche for the people of this site to answer? Are people too busy to answer the questions? I don't know, and I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but here's why I didn't give any answers to those three:

"Who is the dumbest person you've ever encountered on the internet?"

-----> Superlative questions are hard to answer. Because there's a big gap between, say, something being very dumb and something being "the dumbest".
-----> Mean-spirited questions and throwing around insults at people are not really my cup of tea.

"If Sonic the Hedgehog liked being a werewolf in Sonic Unleashed, would he like being a vampire in a future Sonic game?"

----> Questions about games I didn't even know existed, of a franchise I'm only familiar with in passing, on hypotheticals that may or may not be answerable based on information someone who was actually into it may have, are not questions I can give a real answer to.

"What are your views on procrastination?"
I'm embarrassed.

I see... Well, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a question that the majority of the users on this site can answer. It's hard to come up with answerable questions every now and then when I've been doing this thread for so long.

I see... Well, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a question that the majority of the users on this site can answer. It's hard to come up with answerable questions every now and then when I've been doing this thread for so long.

That's perfectly understandable, it's quite an undertaking to try to write questions every single that. Kudos to you for keeping it up!

If I may offer a word of advise though:
---> Try to avoid superlatives unless you have a very constricted selection of options. Like instead of asking "what's your favorite youtuber" you might ask "what's a youtube channel you really love?"
---> If you ask a question about a fandom, try to make it a question that doesn't require a lot of inside knowledge of it, and then add context to other people can answer. Like for instance "Do you think Mario should focus on his actual job? (context: in the game, Mario is a plumber, but the entire game is spent him chasing a kidnapped princess)"
---> Perhaps you could try related questions? Like "if you had a super power what would it be" and the next day for instance you go "if you had to form a team with one of the people who posted before as superheroes, who would that be?" or "between this power and that power, who would win in a fight?"
--> There are some topics which should generally be universal, so in case you lack ideas you could resort to that. One of these topics in RPN would be roleplay for instance.

Hope this helps!

Idea definitely made great suggestions, but also, please don't feel like you're obligated to keep the thread going. If you're having trouble thinking of questions, then it's alright to take a break or bring it to a close. It's been going on since 2019, it's definitely okay to stop updating it.

So once again, for the past three days, I haven't had any answers on the questions asked in the Random question of the day thread. So I wonder once again: Are the questions too niche for people to answer, are people too busy to answer the questions, or am I doing something else wrong here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back