• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ragnarok: Twilight of the Gods

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
Ragnarok: Twilight of the Gods

Ragnarok_The_end_of_the_World_Surt.jpg

• This RP will be taking place on Earth AKA Midgard during the 21st century, where the Norse gods and its mythology is real so it's been around since the beginning of time, but no one besides the very few that believe in it knows that it is. So humanity still follows Christian, Jewish, Muslim faith etc. but now Ragnarok is coming and it is threatening the very existence of Asgard and Midgard. Which means if it is not stopped humanity and most of the Norse gods will die and both will be destroyed.

[\bg]

It will all come down! The end is nigh and all shall perish! The Twilight of the Gods has come! Unless you can help prevent it!

The Omen of Death] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35328-loki-odinson/ said:
@Loki Odinson[/URL] (Especially you and since we were going to RP together that one time I thought this occasion might do)
@lyraen

@Dibbydoo

Thought the 3 of you might be interested.
Hell yes! Definitely interested!

One question. Five in total right? So I can have five from the mix of the three given categories (The known ones, Valkyries, Einherjar)?

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Hell yes! Definitely interested!
One question. Five in total right? So I can have five from the mix of the three given categories (The known ones, Valkyries, Einherjar)?

[/QUOTE]
I meant more like 5 people will be selected for each category, If you meant like you yourself making 5 characters for each category, then no. But I would allow people to play as more than 1 role but 1 character per player, but to keep the amount of players diverse I will have the 2nd character put to higher standards. But since this is mostly not a 1st come 1st serve if you want extra security to get in it would make sense to make more than one.

[QUOTE="The Omen of Death]I meant more like 5 people will be selected for each category, If you meant like you yourself making 5 characters for each category, then no. But I would allow people to play as more than 1 role but 1 character per player, but to keep the amount of players diverse I will have the 2nd character put to higher standards. But since this is mostly not a 1st come 1st serve if you want extra security to get in it would make sense to make more than one.

[/QUOTE]
Right ok, I got you. That makes sense. Although I suggest allowing people to have a backup character in case their main dies? Else, once they get killed, they wouldn't be able to get back in anymore. Unless you have a plan for that already? If so, then I wouldn't pry and ruin the fun.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Right ok, I got you. That makes sense. Although I suggest allowing people to have a backup character in case their main dies? Else, once they get killed, they wouldn't be able to get back in anymore. Unless you have a plan for that already? If so, then I wouldn't pry and ruin the fun.

[/QUOTE]
Well, my intent was to make this mostly more realistic and small, the way I have this envisioned is meant to keep the RPers in a small group environment too many backups would fill this and make this less of a small group in their efforts and almost like a small army. But if popular demand wants to allow for that I will increase the capacity. Besides if new characters kept jumping in it would seem a bit like an infinite army out to stop Ragnarok then eventually it would overshadow the main purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Omen of Death]Well, my intent was to make this mostly more realistic and small, the way I have this envisioned is meant to keep the RPers in a small group environment too many backups would fill this and make this less of a small group in their efforts and almost like a small army. But if popular demand wants to allow for that I will increase the capacity.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, ok. Well, either way, please tag me once this is up and running :)

Got it, good to know your interested thought you might be. Curious on first impressions what role would you choose? I am definitely going to improve 'The known ones'

1. The name seems terrible 2. They may need a revision, especially since they were created specifically for this Ragnarok scenario. but I overall know how they will be apart of this.

But I want to know your interest.

My first choice is surprisingly the Einhenjar, mostly because I have a few ancient to not-so-ancient soldiers I can choose from and would like to play. I was actually going to go for the Valkyries because they are more closer to Asgardians, but changed my mind almost instantly. It would be nearly as fun acting out a superior warrior, I reckon.

As for the 'Known Ones', if you expand on that a little more, like what the range of their abilities, limitations, etc, I might eventually go for that. But for now, Einhenjar is my first choice.

Ok, I probably should have written down in the description of 'The known ones' what they could bring to the table, you are on the right track. I did not necessarily want them to become EVEN MORE unknown demigods or sons and daughters of gods or goddesses since that would seem cliché for Norse mythology, and in general. But they are probably going to realize abilities like some form of magic or skills with blades or ranged stuff that caught Odin's attention. Which I hope to explain after the opening post, if interest is good. But I chose the same as you since I have one warrior/soldier that I could not pass on creating. But if you want to play any role your fine to do so, I would love to see you join. Especially since we did not end up doing that one RP together. And you would probably provide an interesting dynamic with your knowledge and whatnot.

[QUOTE="The Omen of Death]Ok, I probably should have written down in the description of 'The known ones' what they could bring to the table, you are on the right track. I did not necessarily want them to become EVEN MORE unknown demigods or sons and daughters of gods or goddesses since that would seem cliché for Norse mythology, and in general. But they are probably going to realize abilities like some form of magic or skills with blades or ranged stuff that caught Odin's attention. Which I hope to explain after the opening post, if interest is good. But I chose the same as you since I have one warrior/soldier that I could not pass on creating. But if you want to play any role your fine to do so, I would love to see you join. Especially since we did not end up doing that one RP together. And you would probably provide an interesting dynamic with your knowledge and whatnot.

[/QUOTE]
It's cool. I can't wait to get this started!

One question on the Einherjar. Can they be famous historical warriors? Or must they be made up?

Please stay to made up, but it can be from any place at anytime please also at most ancient go to Ancient Egypt and at most modern you can go up to modern day soldiers.

[QUOTE="The Omen of Death]Please stay to made up, but it can be from any place at anytime please also at most ancient go to Ancient Egypt and at most modern you can go up to modern day soldiers.

[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. Fine by me.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Gotcha. Fine by me.

[/QUOTE]
Alright good will let you know. Also I will be gone until next Monday so hopefully if anyone else is interested please let me know.

[QUOTE="The Omen of Death]Alright good will let you know. Also I will be gone until next Monday so hopefully if anyone else is interested please let me know.

[/QUOTE]
Yep sure :)

I am definitely interested in this! I'd most likely play an Einherjar. I'll play around with a few different character concepts until you get back.

Hey, I was able to clear up my issues earlier than expected so I should be good for a while.

Kencen said:
I am definitely interested in this! I'd most likely play an Einherjar. I'll play around with a few different character concepts until you get back.
Great to hear! I am going to work on making the RP so that you two can make your characters with the format. If anyone of you have anymore questions I would be glad to answer them.

Btw if you want to work on your character now and have it ready for when the RP is ready here is the Einherjar CS sheet.

Name:

Country of Origin:

(If fighting for either colonial unit or unit that takes members from other countries or if character moved to new country and fought for it.) Country of Military Service:

Time period:

Military Rank: (If ancient or no well known rank structure give modern rank name in language of origin and state translation and equivalence to a modern rank)

Primary Language: (Reason for this will be shown eventually)

Secondary Languages: (Again will be shown eventually)

Appearance: (Written or realistic picture)

Height:

Weight:

Personality:

Weapons and equipment (Should be representative of time period)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

How they died (Should be at least a bit detailed, don't go writing a novel either but needs to have had died in combat)

Bio (Please at least have a basic outline of what life was like in your time period to keep accuracy and your characters life during it. Older generation warriors will have some slack cut due to less 100% reliable sources of info but please show a demonstration of at least some historical understanding should have some info about military service)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back