• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Questions (multiple)

Sunkissed said:
The picture in your signature links to that website. You must have clicked on it
lol
@Sunkissed I didn't have that picture before I took the test. I left the RpN screen open and walked away and when I got back it was there.

Riuma said:
@Sunkissed I didn't have that picture before I took the test. I left the RpN screen open and walked away and when I got back it was there.
It must be something to do with your browser then- nothing I think we can fix, sorry.

Please consolidate your questions to one thread to prevent flooding, which is spam and against the site rules.

All sections of the site are monitored as needed by the those that have access to that section.

A majority of the staff are in RPs. I personally get PMs all the time asking me to RP and I unfortunately have to turn them all down :) !

Riuma said:
In the new roleplay system, will I be able to give people power over some threads but not others? Within the roleplay board, I mean.
It is coming in the update.

Here on RpN, we recommend setting as the determining factor. Obviously you can do whatever you want offsite.

Many people here have a similar picture/link in their signature. It's possible one of them was clicked on by mistake. Do you have pets and/or small children? ;)

Kaerri said:
Many people here have a similar picture/link in their signature. It's possible one of them was clicked on by mistake. Do you have pets and/or small children? ;)
My cat loves to walk on keyboards.

The Master Tag: A tag group that mentions everybody on the site.

Board Tags: A tag group for each board. For example, you could tag the Fantasy board by typing @Fantasy or @Fantasy Board, and it would tag everybody who's ever posted in that board.

Roleplay Preference Tags: This would let you tag people who based on their Roleplay Preferences. Tagging @Group or @Group RP Type would tag everybody who listed Group RP as something they'd be willing to do. Tagging @Futuristic or @Futuristic RP Genre would tag everybody who listed Futuristic RP as something they're interested in. Tagging @Casual or @Casual RP Style would tag everybody who listed Casual RP as something they'd be willing to do. Etc...

The Thread Tag: Simply post something like @Thread, and it will tag everybody who has ever posted in the thread you posted @Thread in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riuma said:
Roleplay Preference Tags: This would let you tag people who based on their Roleplay Preferences. Tagging @Group or @Group RP Type would tag everybody who listed Group RP as something they'd be willing to do. Tagging @Futuristic or @Futuristic RP Genre would tag everybody who listed Futuristic RP as something they're interested in. Tagging @Casual or @Casual RP Style would tag everybody who listed Casual RP as something they'd be willing to do. Etc...
Also, tagging @Available or @Available for RP would tag everybody who says they are available for RP.

This would be abused greatly. People would start spamming, causing mass amounts of notifications. It just isn't a good idea. If someone wanted to join your roleplay or was really interested in the thread, they wouldn't need to be tagged to look at it. They'd just search themselves.

Sunkissed said:
This would be abused greatly. People would start spamming, causing mass amounts of notifications. It just isn't a good idea. If someone wanted to join your roleplay or was really interested in the thread, they wouldn't need to be tagged to look at it. They'd just search themselves.
Their uses could be limited once per day maybe.

Still not a good idea. There are over 30,000 users on the site. If every person were to use it, you would be spammed with notifications.

I'd like the ability to filter my alerts on the notification page (https://www.rpnation.com/account/alerts).

Filters could include what kind of alerts they are: replies to a watched thread, quotes, mentions, ratings, profile posts, you get the idea. Depending on the filter, they can go to different folders you can create.

The notification thing in the top right could be exactly as it is, or it could show your folders as well, I don't really care.

But I think this would be a great system because:

-Mass likings wouldn't spam your alerts. They would just be packed into one ratings folder.

-It would be easier to go through many alerts.

-If you don't have a lot of alerts, there could still be a folder that displays all types of alerts regardless of what they are, like it is now.

-It would make it hard to spam notifications for those troublemakers.

-And more!

What do you think of this idea, guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I roleplay personally, just like most of the staff (99% of us started as normal users after all), but many of us don't put roleplay preferences up because we're in many roleplays already or would rather just comment on threads we're interested in. Th same reasons others would neglect their roleplay prefs, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back