• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Questions (multiple)

Riuma said:
Yeah, but what if a Prehistoric roleplay isn't Fantasy, @LifeNovel? It can't really be Modern or Futuristic, but then again, it doesn't have to.
What would make the Prehistoric roleplay not Fantasy? I cannot see it not falling under the Fantasy genre considering the elements that would be included with it, because no one is ever 100% positive how the times were under the "Prehistoric" era so if a roleplay were to be created some elements will be created and thus falling under Fantasy since it may not have been existent or true of that time.

I just said that was my understanding. :P I have no idea. Honestly? At this point, it's probably best to just wait for the new updates and give suggestions when everything rolls out so you can see what it's like first. ^__^ Then you'll know exactly what's going on!

Riuma said:
I mean like, all prefixes on the site, including the Science prefix in General Discussion. Out of all these what are you getting rid of? If I understood correctly, @Mordecai thinks they are all going away.
They are not. Prefixes are built into the board. Please don't take any thing at face value that isn't coming directly from me or an administrator. I recommend you wait for the update :) !.

Last edited by a moderator:
LifeNovel said:
What would make the Prehistoric roleplay not Fantasy? I cannot see it not falling under the Fantasy genre considering the elements that would be included with it, because no one is ever 100% positive how the times were under the "Prehistoric" era so if a roleplay were to be created some elements will be created and thus falling under Fantasy since it may not have been existent or true of that time.
Fantasy does not equal fiction. Prehistoric is basically Historical Fiction, but that does not make it Fantasy.

Riuma said:
Historical Fiction
That is why the Modern section is called "Realistic or Modern". All history RPs go in that area. We honestly don't need to expand the site's RP sections any time soon, we have one for just about any possible master setting and then everything else fits in it. If I wanted to do an urban fantasy where wizards walk the streets of Chicago, that still goes in Modern for example.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]That is why the Modern section is called "Realistic or Modern". All history RPs go in that area. We honestly don't need to expand the site's RP sections any time soon, we have one for just about any possible master setting and then everything else fits in it. If I wanted to do an urban fantasy where wizards walk the streets of Chicago, that still goes in Modern for example.

[/QUOTE]
I see

Riuma said:
The site follows a master genre format based on the primary location of the RP. So something that doesn't have its own section usually fits in one of the others.

There is a multitude of definitions for fantasy. There's even fantasy fiction. And in my opinion, it's not the idea that necessarily determines the genre but rather the setting. But I shall not impede your views.

LifeNovel said:
There is a multitude of definitions for fantasy. There's even fantasy fiction. And in my opinion, it's not the idea that necessarily determines the genre but rather the setting. But I shall not impede your views.
In my opinion, many factors determine the genre. Idea and setting are just two.

Almost all @Moderators don't select any Roleplay Preferences, and say they are unavailable for roleplay, yet some still roleplay.

Why? This makes no sense.

No one HAS to use the roleplay preferences feature. My preferences are extremely outdated, I just haven't gotten around to updating them. I'm sure it's the same for most moderators and even some users.

We have the choice to roleplay in whatever roleplays we like. Sometimes I turn down roleplay requests because I don't have enough time or simply aren't interested.

(Also, you don't have to tag us in every thread you make. We are all watching the forum and are automatically notified when a new thread is made. :) )

In the new roleplay system, will I be able to give people power over some threads but not others? Within the roleplay board, I mean.

Riuma said:
Almost all @Moderators don't select any Roleplay Preferences, and say they are unavailable for roleplay, yet some still roleplay.
Why? This makes no sense.
Sometimes people say they are not available to roleplay as a way of saying they are unavailable to join any roleplays they are not already apart of.

I think it is more a way of telling people not to PM them asking them to join random roleplays that may be seeking new players.

Sunkissed said:
(Also, you don't have to tag us in every thread you make. We are all watching the forum and are automatically notified when a new thread is made. :) )
Wow, how many alerts do you get? Like one million?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]When a new board is created which is not often, I usually give it spotlight before the next cleanup and the inevitable decision of putting it inside of general discussion.

[/QUOTE]
Just curious, when will it be put inside of General Discussion?

Sunkissed said:
Not every single thread on the site, sorry if that was unclear. Just in the site questions and info section. :)
Ohhhh

The picture in your signature links to that website. You must have clicked on it

lol

Riuma said:
When is it time?
When The Administration randomly decides and votes on putting it back after everyone feels enough time has passed.

There is no clear cut answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back