• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Questions (multiple)

Dugym

One Thousand Club
Why do Video Games and Current Events get whole boards but stuff like Literature doesn't (it just gets a prefix)?

Mainly a matter of popularity. We had so many threads on video games that they got their own section. Before that, it too was "just" a prefix. Current Events wasn't as big, but was off-topic enough it fit better by itself.

Also, literature is a part of creativity. So, in theory, it does have its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I made a thread in an Extra Pages forum, and made a request in Roleplay Support for it to be tabbed to a roleplay/quest I owned, would it?

You don't make a thread in extra pages. You can't. If you make a thread in a forum, a tab called "request a new tab" will pop up and you can click it. Follow the prompts and staff will add a new tab for you.

I mean a custom tab that isn't an option on the list.

aren't tabs going to be dead after the big update? they get replaced with new subforums which you can rename and stuff. basically, this suggestion/idea's already been taken care of, right? it's just... gonna take a while to come into effect.

Twixt said:
aren't tabs going to be dead after the big update? they get replaced with new subforums which you can rename and stuff. basically, this suggestion/idea's already been taken care of, right? it's just... gonna take a while to come into effect.
Yes. :D

Riuma said:
Well I wanted one for a quest.
Unfortunately, you're just going to have to wait for the update and work with the pre-made tab names that are available. ): It's a bummer, but change is coming!

Riuma said:
Well, I don't know anything about the new update but I do know how the tab system works. In order to add a new "custom" tab, you have to add it from the back end of the site manually. To do that for everyone who wants a custom tab title would be impossible, unfortunately.

EDIT: At this time, I should say. There may be future updates that will change this and I don't know what the staff has in mind/planned. I'm in no way trying to speak for them; I'm just saying from what I know about the current tab system, having worked with it in the past. (:

Riuma said:
Why aren't Video Games and Current Events child boards of General Discussion, then, @Kaerri?
When a new board is created which is not often, I usually give it spotlight before the next cleanup and the inevitable decision of putting it inside of general discussion.

If you are getting rid of the Simple, Casual, and Detailed prefixes, I have something I'd like to see. You could collapse the boards: Fantasy, Futuristic, Modern, and Fandom into one roleplaying board, and replace the Simple, Casual, and Detailed prefixes with Fantasy, Futuristic, Modern, and Fandom prefixes.

I would love to see this! This would allow for more genres even, since creating a new prefix is easier then a new board. There could be a Prehistoric prefix! What do you think, people of RpN?

My two cents are that this would cause chaos. Think how many roleplays are posted? That forum would just be so packed full that if you ever lose a thread, good luck ever finding it again.

Just my thoughts.

Mordecai said:
My two cents are that this would cause chaos. Think how many roleplays are posted? That forum would just be so packed full that if you ever lose a thread, good luck ever finding it again.
Just my thoughts.
No, not really, @Mordecai. Simply click the prefix it is in and boom it is just like how the board will be without the Simple, Casual, and Detailed prefixes! Plus, there is a search option.

I think prefixes are going away entirely. As in the add on is being removed. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

Fantasy, Futuristic, Modern, and Fandom were chosen based on the settings of roleplays. And considering the popularity of all four genres, it would be too much of a hassle to go through one board to find a specific Fandom a player is looking into because sometimes I don't look through the Interest Checks to see what rolelplays are up but rather what threads have been recently created or are on-going and accepting players. Some GMs don't post up things in the Interest Checks so if all four genres were in one board there would be endless threads having to load onto the screen.

Plus Prehistoric would be considering a sub-genre since the setting could fall under Fantasy, Futuristic, Modern, or even Fandom depending on how it is used. These four genres were selected since they are their own settings. I hope this makes sense. So for me I would not support it, although I do not know how the new system will work. Perhaps it may end up like this suggestion or even come to an in between.

Fantasy, Futuristic, Fandom, Nation Building, Dice, Quest, Colosseum, Realistic, 1x1 are not going away.

LifeNovel said:
Plus Prehistoric would be considering a sub-genre since the setting could fall under Fantasy, Futuristic, Modern, or even Fandom depending on how it is used. These four genres were selected since they are their own settings. I hope this makes sense.
Yeah, but what if a Prehistoric roleplay isn't Fantasy, @LifeNovel? It can't really be Modern or Futuristic, but then again, it doesn't have to.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Fantasy, Futuristic, Fandom, Nation Building, Dice, Quest, Colosseum, Realistic, 1x1 are not going away.

[/QUOTE]
What prefixes are you getting rid of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back