• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Quarantine 2359

pilgrim_

now a major motion picture
Three Martian mission efforts were carried out to enact the dream of distant colonies- Freedom II 2050, a continuation of reconnaisance work by NASA, Yinghuo-4, a Chinese project, and Tereshkova, a Russian-Indian project overwatched by European space agencies. A Venus mission was considered, too, but funding for a major organisation did not take place yet.

For the first few decades, long-term gravitational affects were a problem that was easily solved by housing explorers and providing healthy diets, but homes and outside work could not be sustained entirely autonomously. Rotations were frequent, while a second Space Race brewed on the horizon, as it was evident with greater energy and resource collecting technology, whoever introduced a successful colony on the planet first would become a source of economic and ideological investments. As it stood, worried debates were held on "how free" the groups should remain.

Tereshkova and Freedom took on more ground as time went on, introducing the "Atmosphere of Influence" rocket shipments- Earth's unclean energy resources were almost entirely dumped towards Martian energy in favour of wind and solar reforms on the old World, with only natural gas and the less developed states producing fumes. For the colonies, this was an uncertain time- most companies could not invest in such a high risk project to industrialise Mars, but a few persisted. Google, for one, helped set up communications.

Uncertainty persisted. The larger the scale of missions, the more personnel required to help put it together or take part, and though certain tasks could be automated, others could not wait for additional testing.

The West kept a firm principle of not forcing any people to join the Freedom programs, but Russia and China could finally agree on something- they had an opportunity here. They already had safely established animals and humans for months at a time, why couldn't they just add more?
So, Russia and China introduced the Buryat Initiative, to "introduce and preserve as many Eastern cultural marks on Mars," in the alleged form of huge shipments of new "resources to sustain the culture".

Thus came some two-thousand Asian residents in 2078, all equipped to establish a large self-sustaining colony using the coal left on the planet, along with a large town's worth of indoor farms, homes and even a full security perimeter. Basic automated production helped speed things up.
Then the Initiative approached NASA and the European space agencies, proposing to integrate the existing colonies.

Though unusual, and highly suspicious to some, the final verdict came to an approval, only requiring a much more sophisticated administration to help run the large colony. An international committee was set up, with representatives for each major colony effort, and colonial society generally grew more advanced. It had its own unique dynamics with plenty of very different people and native languages coming together, which only added to its own isolation from Earth politics- wherein infighting had occurred over the unfair "emigration" of these people.

It was such a shock that NASA launched the "data satellite" Perestroika 2359, which held a multitude of civilian astronauts and biological experiments. This went mostly ignored, as it did not seem to be using any camera equipment or assisting with construction despite its close proximity to the colony.

As time went on, more citizens from the countries involved added to the colonies, as popular retaliation against the passive aggression of the Russians led to many volunteers within the West. So, the Asian friendship group responded.

Eventually, the collective state of Martian colonies by 2100 was reaching a confused point of resource scarcity (due to lack of tools) and unemployment. It was a breakeven for both hemispheres, and the colonists themselves were growing tired of political manuevering at their expense, while also having to work the land regardless.

2246 AD. Earth has been lost to nuclear disasters and severe climates. Now, only a set of corrupt autocratic states control terraformed, water-saturated resources on Mars, with the Copper Road shipping and merchant collective swaying economic and political changes.
Perestroika 2359 falls near the colonial capital of Miast, with numerous unaccounted survivors in a cryogenic experiment- much of the information regarding this satellite has been lost to people.

-----------------------------------

The above is raw text for an RP I never got to do. Let me know if you're interested if I actually pursued it again- it would contain more information, better formatting etc. than this.

Totally down. Will we get to play as the Russians and Chinese too?
I should clarify- the story would follow the people in the Perestroika crash, to help guide people into the RP world in a similar position to the survivors. I don't think it would work well as an RP with the members of the colonies, but I am open to changing my mind if players have good ideas for everyone else.
Glad you're interested either way.

I should clarify- the story would follow the people in the Perestroika crash, to help guide people into the RP world in a similar position to the survivors. I don't think it would work well as an RP with the members of the colonies, but I am open to changing my mind if players have good ideas for everyone else.
Glad you're interested either way.
No, when I ask if we will get to play as Russians and Chinese, I mean cam we make our characters Russian and Chinese

Status update, I think I can get enough for a small RP from people here and a friend or two. I will post CS and lore soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back