• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ptolus, The City by the Spire (D&D 3.5)

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
So, as I happen to be on a massive spree of GMing games, here's another one I'm thinking of running, Monte Cook's Ptolus. Not gonna type a whole lot of info on it, but, instead, I'm going to give the link to the FREE Player's Handbook:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/11959/Ptolus-A-Players-Guide-to-Ptolus?it=1

Go on, read up, if you're interested, post here, along with class preferences. I'll have proper character building rules up once I get a feel of who's interested.. Just a note though, as it is a heavily urban campaign, classes such as Druid, Barbarian, and Ranger may feel ill-suited to the campaign. If you want to play them knowing this, however, that's fine! Also, for sourcebooks, assume that I'm only allowing stuff from the Core 3 in (PHB, DM's Guide, and Monster Manual), along with items from the Ptolus book itself. The big gigantic Ptolus book itself though, try not to read tooooooo much into it, there's a ton of plot hooks/adventures I might be taking out of it.

*Raises hand excitedly* "I WANT TO JOIN!"

But seriously I would love to play. I would prefer Bard or Rogue, Mostly Bard. *Cough cough* I'm the Seventh Bard for a reason.

Bards/Rogues perform AMAZINGLY in this setting, and would be an incredible asset for the party :)

It's a pretty awesome setting. Hopefully we'll get more players. Trying to get my cousin to join the site

If you don't mind I could recruit my best friend. He's played just about any type of character, from a lycanthrope werewolf hunter, to a five-fingered shopping spree rogue. Lolz though he knows nothing aboutspellcasters

Hrm. I'm interested as a possible Cleric- I'd have to look up the setting's Pantheon's to figure out who of.... Either that, or a Wizard of some sort- perhaps a Necromancer.

Mannn. Everyone hates my favorite school of magic- perhaps an Illusionist then. Wizardly Necromancy sucks until high level anyhow.

[QUOTE="The 7th Bard]I convinced my friend, He would love to be a rogue.

[/QUOTE]
Alrighty. You gonna go bard then?

SephirothSage said:
Welp. Upon taking a quick skim..
I'd really wanna be a Paladin, if we didn't already have a fighter.
Well, you can still go pally if you want. It'd make for a weird party balance, but, in a city this big, you -can- find hirelings pretty much whereever.

Although, fighter, bard, rogue, paladin...man, the group really needs to get another healer and maybe some ranged dps, or a wizard/sorcerer.

LETS DO IT! IMAGINE ALL THE FIGHTS WE WOULD CIRCUMVENT SIMPLY BY CONVINCING PEOPLE NOT TO FIGHT US! BUT WE NEED 7 ANS I MEAN SEVEN BARDS!!!

....you guys are going to make me kill myself by the end of this, aren't you?

All jokes aside, it is a somewhat serious game though, so bring your game faces on :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back