• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Proteus Effect

Yeah ... sorry ... Sharlene and I both did a little future posting. A lot of that isn't necessary or even possible to respond to. It just lets people know what is going on in the world and when certain events happen. Duncan gets "mail" dropped much as the initial ID packages were sent, via a teleport drop. So those new burner phones will arrive Aug 2 (a day after the arrival of Lori and Ashley)

Note: I don't think Alex can see through the armor. That would mean it has something that inhibits his vision. (And she has black hair I think. Lori is the blonde). Lori is the one in the wheel chair. FYI, the wheelchair is one of those outdoor versions as opposed to a motorized one (lighter and it won;t be dead weight when a battery dies).

Well, grabbing me some sleep. Gonna hold off any response to Lori and Ashley by Duncan and give you guys a chance to talk first. Kinda hoping @RIPSaidCone will take over the intro of the pair. Lori isn't very talkative at first.

Victoria's going to shoot at the armor. Not a kill shot, aimed at the knee, but a loud warning sound since she doesn't know where the rest of the group is.

One of these Beretta 9mm that Kyle acquired that no one noticed went missing after all the excitement of moving was my plan for how she got a weapon. She can save it one of her forms too, so there'd be no way to determine that she actually has it. And she's shooting at it because it looks incredibly hostile, and Duncan's been talking non-stop about the government or someone else coming for them. If she's wrong, she'll only damage it assuming the bullet penetrates the armor. If she's right though, and worst case scenario is happening, it might limit it's mobility. It will also send off a loud bang, altering any of the group on the island anywhere, and likely anyone asleep, that there's something happening. She could fire it into the air, but then if it is hostile she'd ruin the eliminate of surprise.

Oh snap she shot'er in the knee!

My character is screwed! Hahahahaha! xD

Those guns were something Duncan was VERY careful about. He buried the ammunition. Kyle could keep the guns if he had wanted them, otherwise, they were disposed of. Duncan has a storage unit filled with guns - his father's collection. He doesn't need them. Besides, the ammunition would have exploded if he ported them. As evidence with Kyle's prints on them, the pistols were very much on Duncan's mind - as something to dump in an ocean trench or orbit on the far side of the planet where orbital reentry would destroy them.

And that armor looks way heavier than anything needed to stop a pistol round.

For those not aware REAL Iron Man type armor has already been developed by the military. It is scheduled for field use in 2018. (Real life stuff). A separate project is working on making them robotic.

I'm too interested in that dude that's planning a perma colony on mars.

Mars One... I'm expecting a death showcase on the red planet if they send us the feed for this reality tv program. If it succeeds, well, I'll lose the bet :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Proteus Effect']This Post[/url] is one of two where Duncan addressed the guns. (See first paragraph) The group wouldn't have gone anywhere until the guns were found. I'm not messing with chronology. Isis, it's a well written post, but there are issues with it.

And .... RpN's proxy for linking posts is messed up .. or I linked it wrong. It was post 118 of the IC thread.

Victoria was standing to the side, along the beach, so she'd have a side profile of both Lori and the armor. Even if Lori was standing in front of her Victoria is 90 degrees from the docks so she'd still have a clear shot. As for the gun, it'd be easy enough to say she's had it all along instead of having taken it from the group. Haven't we discussed at this point that her other forms' items aren't affected by the teleportation? If she carries a burner phone on one of her forms it doesn't get destroyed by the EMP if she's teleported while in another form not carrying the phone.

Isis, I'll PM ya ... folks ... the rest of you run with it, ignoring the source of the weapon.

As to the shot .. profile would make it a long range shot with a pistol ... though she will have the skill to pull it off by the end of the six months. The yacht is a Feretti 960 ... about 5 feet under the 100 footer rule that would make it require a rule. Ferretti designed it that way, lol. So ... the dock would shoot out perpendicular to the shore a pretty good distance to get the depth the yacht needs to dock there. The dock would need to be about 50 yards long ... or a shorter one ending in a T with a 25 yard wide end lane.

LOL .. and you all should realize that Amber knows where the keys to the yacht - not him. Might sound odd, but he considers the yacht hers. (It was bought for her. The person that owns the island is HER friend and didn't put a limit on the lease or even a price. She wanted to give Amber the yacht, but Amber thought it was just too much.)

Oh ... for you nocturnal folks:

The security flood lighting is only active at the docks at night. There is a path from the docks / boathouse ... to the house and guest house, but those are for safety, not security. IE they are normal brightness. Duncan disabled the security floodlights that react to movement all over the island. LOL, imagine poor Jane the first time she stepped out at night and twitched.

Uuh...am I the only bothered by the casual reaction to the gunshot? You just got shot at. Like could kill you or kill Lori. You don't just ignore something like that.

Her roleplay of that is just fine. If your character is bothered by it, understandable.

question! Can I see Victoria despite her being invisible? Because my charcter has X ray vision and sees electrical activity.

To me, it seems unrealistic that both are ignoring the gunshot from an unknown source which neither of them can see. At the very least, Alexander would be concerned by a random gunshot, wouldn't he?

Edit: To clarify, in real life if I hear a gunshot go off near me, you better believe I'm looking for cover and trying to figure out what the heck is going on if am in an area where I shouldn't hear that sound. I see no reason why they would react any differently here when no one, as far as any of them knows, has a gun.

He is reacting to it. He's tense and he's reacting to his adrenaline.

If Alexander was close enough to speak to her, he'd be close enough not only hear the gunshot, but the whizzing of the bullet as it went past, wouldn't he? I don't think even James with his semi-bulletproof skin would just sit there and talk after being shot at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back