• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Proteus Effect

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Duncan Moran by @Mitheral

"Teleporter"

Amber Volkova by @sharlene79

Light based - flies

James Michaels - by @Writer

Looks a little like Creature from Black Lagoon, but reptilian

Alex Buchner by @NeoLeaf

Powers not really revealed yet

Kyle Evitt by @Seanzah Angel

Shrinks and Flies

Jane Collins by @Iacentis

six armed spider woman

Victoria Drake by @Isis

Powers not revealed yet

NPC's

Sally

Golden Retriever, James Michael's guide dog. Has two other forms

0. Runs at 200 mph

1. horse sized juggernaut looking, amphibious canine

2. bipedal, anthropomorphic canine

One of these forms heals others, but can't recall which at the moment. She is no longer color blind. She is semi literate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doh ... thought I answered this one already ... computer must have hiccuped. Anyways ... yes.

I have power frameworks worked out for:

@Azalea

@Writer

Still working on others. I have some thoughts on @NeoLeaf (matter of flipping a coin)

I also already have power frameworks in mind for my own charrie and Sharlene's. Still analyzing the concepts for balance.

And got a framework for @NeoLeaf Not quite set on it yet. May redo part of it.

I think your guy and Sharlene's are ready for the apacalypse if not world war3!

Well, the firearms are in Georgia. The swords are a hobby thing. And Amber's pepper spray and hand taser are a Self Defense thing. But you are correct. Duncan's non fiction book collection was precisely for that purpose, most collected before Y2K.

The SCA is the Society for Creative Anachronisms - a medieval re-creation group.

I'd like to get 1 or 2 more members before starting. Always hard for new people to catch up. So tempted to get started with what we have. @gogojojo331 is having computer problems. That is his hold up.

So question: Are we all that impatient that we want to start before having a full group? I am about ready with all but gogo. Haven't started on his power framework yet.

No, I am fine with waiting, I just wanted some kind of idea when I should double check the RP.

Why yes we are.

And I will send an OOC out or do a mass tagging when I do the opening post. Odds are Sharlene and I will joint post a lot. We share my laptop. (Our truck's generator won't keep up with even MY laptop at full CPU and screen brightness. I have to tune it down ... high performance Toshiba)

LOL .. doing my best to keep my eyes open ... working on an intro post and getting everyone's characters worked on ... the power frameworks. (I have to translate them into something that makes sense to RP with.)

Three of you written up and ready to PM. (I'll do most of them all at once.) Got a perfect framework for Cloudy's character.

@gogojojo331 the RP starts right after the meteor strikes with the government sending in disaster relief and decontamination crews. Power and utilities are going to be out all over the place. So that are bringing in emergency generators, food, etc.

No clue how we will get the group together - assuming we will.

I was going to ask if there was going to be an overarching plot or story that we needed to group together for. So this will be more of a free form/sandbox RP?

Yes there is a plot, but far less so than my usual GM driven adventures. I rarely ever do sandbox stuff.

There IS a plot going on - not an especially important one at first - involving the meteor swarm itself. (Like why the targeting was so precise ... That is pretty odd that meteors would "target" cities. The government isn't using the word "target." Lumps of rock don't start thinking "Oh look Rocky, a human city ... Let's go bomb it back to the Stone Age.)

So we still are restricted to our own PCs then? We can't narrate or make events happen in the world around us?

I hesitate to allow that. Invariably the world turns into something I did not envision. We have exploding people, mass disasters with supervillains, etc. I do plan to control various governments and government factions with their own agendas.

Okay, I just worry that if you have everyone doing their own thing, or even a few separate groups, that's lot of GM and NPC controlling you have to do.

Okay .. PM'd everyone's power frameworks except gogo's. (This is the downside of this method of doing characters. Bit more prep work.) We'll see if I can get him done and sent out before I have to get to sleep.

Okay .. last of the PM's sent. I need sleep .....

The RP will open up as early as 0235 Saturday 27 June 2015. Or you can start later on 28 June 2015, 0700 ish. That is about a day later and FEMA ought to be starting to ship in food. I think we had one person in the Bronx, another in Manhattan. So we are a bit scattered. If the group prefers we can move the whole RP forward a few days. The government isn't messing with people yet. It is just a cleanup (and cover up) operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back