• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Prompt Inside!] The Overwatch Modern AU you didn't know you needed ...

Sen 3.14

This is a notice.
Fandom: Overwatch
Genre: Comedy / Slice of Life / Modern AU
Main Characters: Jesse McCree, Genji Shimada

THE PROMPT
A lone stranger sits at the bar, looking off into the distance, caressing his glass of whiskey -- ordered neat, no ice, no bullshit. He is tall, dark and handsome. Mostly that last part.

He looks like a man with stories to tell, so you slide up to him, offer him a drink. He gives you a nod. “Thank you kindly.” His voice -- equal parts deep and smooth -- drips in Southern drawl. “Let me tell you a story.”

Oh, boy. Here it goes.

“It was a dark and stormy night.

Well, actually it was closer to the morning. It was 7 AM, in fact. That was my first mistake. I’d forgotten; my roommate ain’t no morning person.

We had spent the previous night fighting off an evil man hellbent on destroying the world. Albert Wesker was his name -- and if you ain’t ever heard of him, then, all due respect, you’re probably just ain’t important enough. After many hours of trial and error, we emerged victorious. Genji and I celebrated, consuming copious amounts of alcohol for the rest of the eve.

One thing to know about me: My body’s up by 6 AM no matter what. That day was no exception. I got up, still a little bit intoxicated, and went about my day as usual. I decided to check the mail. That was my second mistake.

The third was bringing it over to Genji. He had passed out on the living room couch. I poked his arm to rouse him. He groaned, glaring at me, reassuring me that he ain’t dead yet.

‘You got mail,’ I said, waving the inconspicuous white envelope in front of his face.

‘At this unholy hour, Jesse, is it really unnecessary?’

I crouched down to be level with him, to look my best friend dead in the eye. He needed to know that this was a very serious matter. ‘It’s an invitation.’

‘Dude, unless that’s a free invitation to the East PAX, I don’t really care.’

‘It’s for your brother’s ten-year high school reunion.’

The thing about Genji’s brother: You never talk about him. Never. It was one of our unspoken rules, but for the sake of my friend, I decided to break it just this once.

Shit, did they send it here by mistake?’ Genji rolled to the other side to look away from me. ‘I don’t care. Send it back.’

‘I hear ya.’ I shrugged, though I tossed it back to my friend’s half-awake form. ‘Gee, you think Angela Ziegler might make an appearance? Wonder what happened to her.’

Just like that, Genji sat up straight on the couch. He was fully awake, but just as drunk as I was.

And that’s how I got roped into being Genji’s -- nay, ‘Hanzo’s’ -- plus one at his high school reunion.”

A confused look on your face, you prepare to stand up, mind already running through half a dozen ways you can excuse yourself. But the stranger stops you half-way. The look in his eyes sends a shiver down your spine.

“Hey, now. I ain’t got to the good part yet.”

MORE INFORMATION

• A modern Overwatch AU where Genji and McCree are roommates. One day, Genji gets Hanzo’s invitation to his class’ high school reunion. He decides to crash it, because why the hell not, with McCree as his plus one.

This was inspired by the great cinematic masterpiece Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion, and since I’m already ripping it off, why not go all the way? Basically, Genji and McCree both have unimpressive, dead-end jobs, so they decide to make something up -- we can decide what the jobs would be OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back