• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Prologue to the monHunt

Devdan eyes darted from left to right, the glimpse of green eyes had put him on edge and then some. He too didn't say anything, simply rowing try to think of a way to prepare for the attack.
Number 10
Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire

A Crocodilian Crossing

The obscured menaces track you through the water as you paddle. Slowly their numbers gather, and they surround you, and now the water is a mass of pulsing green armored backs and toothy jaws. One large crocodile lunges and snaps his teeth against the hull of the poor-quality boat. It bumps you and the boat sways in the water. Then it is as if a signal rang out and the beasts slam into the vessel again and again, throwing you overboard!

Are you lucky enough to get away? Apparently so, for the green-gray monsters merely track you as you swim desperately for shore. Perhaps they are well-fed? Or perhaps your scent puts them off from treating you like fresh food?

Not really knowing or understanding why you have been spared, you make it out together. YOU HAVE SURVIVED! The sun shining down on you has never felt so good.

There is time for some last words before you part ways. FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey

(Also, since @Hanah Solo asked, how long ago do you want this to be? I would say a few years probably. That sound good?)

Mei yelped as the boat tipped, throwing her out. She was already swimming as she hit the water, being a good swimmer was one of her strengths, having learnt in the lake of her hometown. Frantically breast stroking, she hit the shore, clambering out on her hands and knees, and skidding away from the edge quickly on all fours, stumbling to her feet, and running.
Still shaken, she breathed deeply, and smiled gladly over at Devdan, "I hope we meet again, Devdan. Good luck with everything.", she breathed in and out, a sigh of relief. With a woosh of wind, and a flurry of a few black feathers, Mei's massive wings extended from her back, flapping loudly a few times, the air pressure around her compressing and decompressing slightly, wind flowing around her.
Elowyn Elowyn SirGrey SirGrey
((Hmm... I wouldn't say that long. Perhaps a few months, almost a year?))

Devdan equally yelled as they were thrown overboard into the water below. The rapids proved a challenge but swimming against them was doable for the merchant. As he hits the shores, he stumbled his way forward before he lay flat on the shore, with the sea just touching his feet. Looking over to his companion he says "I also hope we meet again in more agreeable circumstance, and good luck to you as well". After a few minutes, Devdan gets to his feet, heading back to the city. As he does, a familiar voice asks in his head "What happened who and where tell me what became of such an affair ". "Long story but I guess we have time".
Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire
(I think a year and a couple months would be a good time frame

End of Prologue FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey

You return to the city going your own way... not yet knowing that you will meet again in a few months' time. Unfortunately the maps and papers Mei had were lost when the boat capsized, yet what has remained with you was the last obstacle: the girl who was held captive. Perhaps she too will cross your paths in the future.

Thank you for playing! You guys did it! Wow, this is the first time I finished any sized project. A mini-project like this is a good start I think to finishing larger and longer ones. Hope to write in the fate of the girl and involve the Stonehold Dungeon in the main plotline. We shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back