• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Prologue to the monHunt

Seventh Choice, opt. 1, central tunnel room
You go over to a pile of the crates. Prying one of them open you find that it is full of glass vials. They are of varying colors and sizes. Some of them have labels. The next one you open has the same. The third crate is full of medical tools like scalpels and knives and syringes. In amazement you open the next box. This one appears to have parts for some kind of machine for some unknown purpose.

chest of vials.jpg

Write-In Response: What will you do with this newfound discovery? FrostFire FrostFire

Mei studied the contents of the boxes in mild confusion, and worry. Perhaps this held a clue to why she felt so cut off from her powers? Had they been... Experimenting on her? Perhaps, but she knew better than to touch any of the vials or utensils, the contents could very well be dangerous, and might have contaminated the other materials.
She took one of the lids of the crates, and smashed it up with her feet, and fashioning 2 thin and long, but sturdy, pieces of wood. Effectively chopsticks.
Using these, she picked up some of the vials carefully and with precision, examining the labels and contents thoroughly, before delicately replacing them exactly where they had been.
Interesting...
Next, she moved along to the second crate, and examined the contents of that, making sure she saw the whole of the crate, and making extra sure that she did not come into contact with anything in the box.
Finally, she looked at the parts. Some were too heavy to pick up with he wood, and she decided to just move the things around in the box warily, not liking that she didn't know the purpose of this thing.
Not knowing worried her, and she decided it was probably best not to mess with the contents of the boxes.

Now back to her earlier decision, she eyed the water, and threw in a piece of the smashed up crate lid she hadn't been using.
Elowyn Elowyn

Seventh Choice, opt 2, spiraling staircase
You may have been slightly disappointed, but you don't take any of the provisions. Instead, you simply leave the store room and exit the hall heading for the stairs. You peer up and can see in the dim light that there is no opening towards another hall like this one. Instead there is a trap door with a string attached. Or you could always go down again...

SirGrey SirGrey
Option 1: Go up and open the trapdoor.
Option 2: Go down.
Option 3: Stay here and... [fill in].

Eighth Choice, central tunnel room

You use extreme care not to touch the vials. You see labels that have a combination of numbers and letters on it: RV691 and 77T4M and IWJ901. Others have cruder symbols: OVVT, UQI, SXOI. Some are liquid-filled, others have herbs, minerals, and even a few have what appears like body parts floating in viscous liquid which is rather nasty. In the second crate there is much of the same except you spot something beneath the vials: a sheaf of paper. They look like blueprints.

dungeon map.jpg

FrostFire FrostFire
Could it be...
Option 1: The blueprints of a building someone intends to build...?
Option 2: The blueprint of this very place...?
Option 3: I have no idea!!!

Option 1
Elowyn Elowyn
Deciding not to take any provisions while maybe the cautious choice hadn't made Devdan any happier. He wasn't hungry but this getting nowhere was infuriating. When he comes across the trap door, he throws caution and decides to take look.

Ninth choice, opt 2, central tunnel room
Yes, perhaps it is a schematic of this very building! Well, this should come in handy. On another piece of parchment you see that there is a letter that reads as follows:

Sir Avongrande,

It is good to hear of Project Tetra's success. (smudged out) will be there shortly when the winter snows melt to assess Project Tetra. We request that you also send us a copy of the previous three projects and their data: Primo, Duo, and Trio.

Have you had any success with capturing any of the specimens you require for the expedition? I assume that you have been given the necessary resources from (smudged out) to do so. We will need to confirm with you the dates of (smudged out) and ensure that they retain no memory of their time at Stoneholm.

We seek to be in your presence shortly.

The very best,
The Enquirers

Project? Tetra? Expedition? You don't know what these words mean. What the letter does confirm is that this place is the Stonehold Dungeon of the map.

How do you respond? What do you do next? Where do you wish to go?

Eight Choice, opt 1, trap door

You pull open the trap door with a shower of dust falling from above. A rope and wood plank ladder also falls from the rectangular opening. There is nothing left to do but to climb.

Lifting yourself into the room you see that it is covered in dust. An attic-like space. There are white sheets over some objects.

Do you lift the white sheets off of whatever is underneath?

Uncover the objects
Elowyn Elowyn
After climbing up the ladder, while coughing his lungs up due to the dust in the air, Devdan looks around the untouched room. Deciding to see what the objects are he starts to uncover them.

Mia studied the map, she certainly didn't want to hang around, even if she was incredibly curious.
So, she estimated where she was now, she believed she had the right room on the map... And chose a path that should lead her the quickest way back to room 1, and out of the dungeon.
Elowyn Elowyn

Ninth Choice, uncovering the objects, the attic room
You uncover the objects which are in a similarly dusty condition. Dust particles fly and after a brief coughing fit your vision clears so that you can see the strange assortment of objects before you. There is a table and a chair with sturdy straps and anklets, obviously meant to keep the unfortunate subject still. A few wooden machines with metal rivets also sit in the room, and although you don't recognize most of them, they seem a bit ominous as well with their spindly appendages and leather cuffs.

A motion from the corner of your eye makes you whirl around ready for some kind of attack... but it's only a dusty mirror that shows your own form. Your chin is shadowed a bit, evidence of not shaving for days. You are a bit pale in colour and your hair unkempt but otherwise seem alright.

There are a few slats that can be angled to let in more or less light. You look through the narrow openings and see that you are in fact facing the gate set within a vast wall that is surrounding the building you are currently in. The wall is in bad shape.

SirGrey SirGrey Make your way out to the door relying on your sense of direction? Y/N

Yes
Elowyn Elowyn
Looking over the objects, he thought about where he might be. Some kind of asylum maybe, or maybe something else. Thinking about it didn't conjure up any positive thoughts. This fear nearly caused him to have a heart attack on his own. Deciding to just focus on getting out of here, trying to squeeze through the exit.

The Way Out

You are ready to leave this place and whatever secrets it holds. Using the resources you have and your sense of direction [you] make your way to the exit. You pass hallways and make sharp turns, the walls still as foreboding as when you got here. Fortunately, the humming in your brain has diminished to a distant whine like a sick old dog pining for its master. Your body feels less sluggish as well and you rejoice in this newfound strength.

Slowly you realize that someone else is heading towards your direction, their footsteps echoing against the cold stone.

What do you do? FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey

Devdan puts his back to a wall, waiting for the person to go back, maybe attacking them from behind
Elowyn Elowyn
Walking around without knowing where you are going. Sometimes a peaceful idea to experience new things. In this case, it was nerve racking like a bomb diffuser. Still, Devdan has a good sense of direction plus to noise in his head seem to grow weaker as he moved in certain directions. He had been getting used to it, but Devdan was glad to see it fade. Though the new noise of the footsteps. Waiting for them to go by, he would see who it was before deciding on attacking or talking.

Mei backs up, making sure her back is close to the wall. She may not have any contact with her powers, but she still had her training. Still, if these people managed to get her here in the first place, it didn't look hopeful for her. She quickly scanned for somewhere to hide, and ducked into a passage, trying to wedge herself into a small and shadowy space. Hopefully they wouldn't see her crouched down, half sticking out from a rut and in a stance that would be easy enough to get up and run from, or fight. Whichever was necessary. And now that the humming was fading and her strength was returning, she would hopefully have a chance at least.
Elowyn Elowyn

Encountering...

Abruptly the footsteps stop as you take action to prepare for an encounter. There is a silence for several tense moments. A single pair of footsteps that has stopped even as you have stopped... They certainly are cautious.

Break the tension? Make a move? Or stay and wait? It's your choice...! SirGrey SirGrey FrostFire FrostFire

Devdan decides to walk away from the and yell to try and see who is out there
Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire
After a while, the footsteps stopped. Did they see him? No, or they would have done something by now. Maybe there were just like him, taken here by an unknown force. Unless they were the unknown force. Deciding to take a gamble, Devdan pulls himself away from the way. Walking around he yells "Hello, my name is Devdan, I woke up here I don't know where I am or why I am here, I only wish to leave".

Devdan decides to walk away from the and yell to try and see who is out there
After a while, the footsteps stopped. Did they see him? No, or they would have done something by now. Maybe there were just like him, taken here by an unknown force. Unless they were the unknown force. Deciding to take a gamble, Devdan pulls himself away from the way. Walking around he yells "Hello, my name is Devdan, I woke up here I don't know where I am or why I am here, I only wish to leave".
How will you respond to the shouted query? FrostFire FrostFire

Mei stayed where she was, unsure whether she should trust the voice. She decided to call out anyway, "I am the same... But how do I know I can trust you?", she stood, still not moving from where she was. It wasn't that she didn't believe this Devdan, just that she needed to be overly cautious.
In spite of this, curiosity got the better of her, and she stuck her head round the corner to see who it was, her red/orange/brown eyes looking over to the man. She still wasn't sure about this, but stayed where she was.
Elowyn Elowyn SirGrey SirGrey

FrostFire FrostFire
"To be perfectly honest neither of us can fully trust the other, I have no weapons and if what you say is true neither do you my magic is cut off and are some ... other skills, but what I could do with his some interactions with something other then stolen cold brick walls" Devdan says trying to bring across as much honesty as he can. "Devdan by the way".

Making up her mind, she rounded the corner, and approached the man.
"It's nice to meet you, although I would have preferred we met under... More appropriate circumstances. I'm Jinmeiyo Usui, everyone calls me Mei.", she held out her hand for a handshake.
"I'm a Tengu.", considering he had mentioned magic, she felt comfortable with revealing this. She didn't think her wings were affected by whatever had been hindering her abilities, but she hadn't bothered to test that theory.
SirGrey SirGrey Elowyn Elowyn
((Oh gosh, now we'll have to make this up as we go along lol. The main rp has caught up with us!))

Sighing a sigh of relief Devdan also approaches the woman
"The feeling is shared and yes I would rather of meet any expect wherever the hell this accursed place is, but as you said it is nice to meet you Mei" he says as e shakes her hand.
"Bound to demon though currently, I can't hear his voice, seems most of our 'natural' skills have been taken away somehow," Devdan says before he looks forward. "Don't suppose you know the way out of here do you?".

She nodded, making a mental note of his skill. "As a matter of fact, I found a map. And... Well, let's not stay any longer to find out what they want with us, whomever these people are.", her brows creased, as she worried about what she had found again.
Holding up the map, she showed it to him, and pointed at the exit. "This is the exit, and we're here, I believe..", she pointed at their current location.
"So, does your demon have a name? And yes, it would seem so. Although I'm not too sure if my wings are okay or not, but it's best not to attempt to bring them out here...", enclosed spaces were always a bad idea when it came to wings the size of hers, and flight.

"Abraxas is his name, kept me company throughout the centuries," Devdan says only now aware of how he much he may have given away. Still, there was really not the time for worry on that level. "I believe our best bet would be to just hurry for the exit, I don't know about you but I feel I have had enough of this place," Devdan says fairly dry humoured tone. They say humour helps to relieve the tension from the situation, yet finding the humour in this situation was proving difficult.

Mei raised an eyebrow, "Indeed. Well, this does make for a nice bonding experience.", she grinned, already liking his humour. She studied the map once again, before making her way yet again toward the exit. She was curious, and decided to ahead and ask. "So how would that even happen? Surely he's rather pleasant to be around, considering your relaxed attitude towards the whole thing...", she cleared her throat. "Sorry for prying. You don't need to answer that...", she shook her head apologetically.

SirGrey SirGrey FrostFire FrostFire

As you make your way towards the exit, there is just one more room you must pass through. You enter it and find yourself in a hall which looks like a carnival of booby-traps: a field spurting gouts of fire, narrow walkways with axes ready to swing like a pendulum, suspicious slots in the walls, and at the very end of the hall you can see a glimpse of a moat covered with green algae and a rickety rowboat.

Looks like someone has a perverse sense of humor. What a way to treat guests... There also seems to be a cage near the end of the hall, but you can't quite see what's in it. Something about the twisting iron bars gives your gut a sinking feeling.

Time to play...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back