• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Prologue to the monHunt

As he wandered ahead, Devdan responded to Mei saying "Happened a long time ago, I'll go into more once we get out of here, lets just say I didn't volunteer for it, and yeah he is pleasant a friend even but it took time to get used to it" he says as they approached the final room. "Don't worry, by the looks of things we might no have enough time left," he says in a sardonic tone. "Look at me getting all hopeful," he says with a smile as studies the room. Behind one of the fire spurts and one of those lovely swinging axes. Deciding to take a chance, Devdan sidles past the flame pillar, trying to avoid it which he nimbly and barely does. However when time his run past the pendulum axe, while passing it, landing in the 'safe' area, the axe slices the bottom of his leg. Said landing in the safe area wasn't a pleasant one, with Devdan sitting down try to nurse the bleeding cut on his leg.
FrostFire FrostFire Elowyn Elowyn

Mei's eyes widened. "Well... This looks like fun...", she eyed Devdan, wondering if he could manage it.
"This is somewhat similar to advanced training at my village, just more... Violent.", she snorted, a little worried, more for him than she was for herself.
She would have to to this without wings, it would be easier that way, and she wasn't even sure if she could use them. She took a deep breath, as she eyed the cage. Hmmm...
Devdan seemed to have decided to go first, and Mei watched the pattern of the death traps, tming them carefully and planning out a route and such, before following after him, going quickly as she was worried about the wound he received.
Back flipping through the flames, she cartwheeled past the swinging axe, and spun gracefully to a stop next to Devdan, a loose piece of clothing had been clipped by the pendulum, and the fabric twirled slowly to the floor.
"Are you okay? Here, let me help...", she said, kneeling in front of him. Reaching around, she grabbed the part of her top that had the tip sliced off by the sharp blade, and tore a long shred off. Using it as a bandage, she bound Devdan's leg as best she could, which was rather well, all things considered.
SirGrey SirGrey Elowyn Elowyn

SirGrey SirGrey FrostFire FrostFire

Barely after Mei finished binding the leg, several javelins shot from a couple of the slots at varying heights. Furthermore, in front of you was a length of wood flooring that was divided up into a grid-like pattern. They had hinges and some were painted with numbers.

There were no instructions or anything to tell which panels would have something under them, or would drop away into a pit. You merely have luck and hope on your side...

Pick a number, any number!

"Shit.", Mei hissed and yelled at the same time, yanking Devdan to his feet before she began her evasive manoeuvres. She had no time to worry about her friend, as a javelin flew straight for her.
She barely had any time to react, but thankfully was able to twist and throw her torso back, still on the safe panel, but now facing the grid floor, in the starting move of a back flip, as the pole whistled past her, barely a centimetre from her stomach, and only inches from her face.
Going with the movement, she curled into a ball in midair, spinning in it for what felt like an eternity, but was not even a second. Her movement had carried her over the grid flooring, and she landed perfectly on her feet, poised for something to happen, her muscles tense.

Number 3
SirGrey SirGrey Elowyn Elowyn

As she bandaged up his wounded leg, Devdan says "Remind not to go to your villageeeeee" as he is pulled to his feet. Not that he really had a cause to complain. While Mei takes care of herself, Devdan does the same. Dropping to the floor, he avoids one coming for him before rolling to avoid another. The roll however nearly leads to him falling on the number plates. Narrowly avoiding it, Devdan stands up. Deciding to make a sperate guess, he jumps on number 6.
Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire
Number 6

Tile no. 3 FrostFire FrostFire Nothing happens except you notice that the tile is rather spongy... and you realize you are on soft moss. But otherwise, the tile seems not harmful. You should go forward, and that means your options are limited to numbers 12, 13, 99 unless you wish to attempt to leap a row?

Tile no. 6 SirGrey SirGrey
Tile 6 is made out of cold metal. Nothing special here, but the tiles around you all drop suddenly as you land on it. The only tiles that remain are the ones diagonal from your tile. They are: 17, 22, 1, 5

(wow, didn't mean for that to take so long. phew! sorry bout that. feel free to poke me in a PM or something if I do forget to post stuff.)

Mei breathed a sigh of relief, but was still poised and ready for something to happen. Sparing a quick glance over to Devdan, she was glad to see he was okay. She wasn't going to risk jumping to a new row, even if she as pretty sure she was able to make the jump. She deliberated for a moment, sizing up her options, before she jumped nimbly to her new tile.
Number 13
Elowyn Elowyn SirGrey SirGrey

As he feels the cold metal beneath his feet stay still, he makes a heavy sigh of relief. Seeing the other platforms around him fall didn't exactly fill him with confidence. Still, he was alive for the moment and he couldn't just sit there. With a leap and hopefully a little luck he lands on a new title.
Number 22

Tile no. 13 FrostFire FrostFire As you land on the wood tile you think you're safe... Until three arrows shoot at you from three separate directions. You'll have to move fast to avoid them! You hasten to hop to: 27, 18, 4

Tile no. 22 SirGrey SirGrey
Yet another stroke of luck. The stone tile does nothing as you land. Now your options are: 16, 34, 65

If either of you wants to jump to the next row, the numbers are: 33, 36, 29, 42, 77, 84

Mei hissed, she had been poised for something like this, so she hopped quickly, ducking and twisting a little to avoid the arrows. One whizzed past her, cutting into the fabric of her top, next to her shoulder, and narrowly missed her skin as she landed on the new tile.
Number 18

Devdan praised the lords as he landed on yet another safe platform. It seemed his companion hadn't had the same luck, yet there was not to time to freet as Mei seemed capable of leaping just fine. Deciding to follow her lead, Devdan went over to a new platform.
Number 65

Tile no. 18 FrostFire FrostFire You land and realize that the tile is iced! A slip and you land on tile 62. You are now a row in front of Devdan. There are 2 more rows of this dangerous game ahead. Numbers 81, 69, and 40 are ahead.

Tile no. 65 SirGrey SirGrey On your new platform you may think you are safe. But from straight overhead, a common weak spot, drops a heavy iron cage. Next tile: 21, 45, 34

"A-ah!", Mei yelped as she slid, but managed to stay on her feet, as she stumbled a bit once she hit the rough surface of the next tile. Putting her hand to her heart, she breathed deeply for a second, composing herself after that fright.
Deciding not to wait around for something else to happen, she jumped to the next tile, poising again for something to happen, her muscles tense.
Number 69
((I had to...))

"Don't want to be a rat in a maze or a cat in a cage" Devdan mutters as he jumps narrowly avoiding the falling cage. "Guess it would be more like a budgie" he mutters as he looks over to Mei. She seemed to be having a fun time of it as well.
Number 45

Tile no. 69 FrostFire FrostFire The next tile gives no reaction. It is silent and still. Nothing dangerous passes by. Congrats! The next tiles are numbered 60, 59, 83.

Tile no. 45 SirGrey SirGrey Even as you land, you feel a sinking sensation. Quite literally, at your feet. You realize that it's a sand trap! Move quickly to number 77, 85, or 95.

Tile no 60 FrostFire FrostFire The next tile turns out to have clever 3 inch spikes hidden by some grassy growth. Bad luck! But this is the last row!

Tile no 95 SirGrey SirGrey Tile 95 is sand papery but doesn't do much to you otherwise. That's the end of it.

The Final Obstacle

The last obstacle before you can make your getaway via croc-infested waters is the iron cage. It is fairly large, and within that space there is... a humanoid figure slumped in a corner. Manacles of heavy iron dangle from their wrists. As you approach, for there is no other way but past the caged person, she, for it is now obvious that the figure is a female, looks up with golden eyes. Her skin is tinged a spring grass green and is dappled. Clearly she is no human girl.

"Please," she cries in a surprisingly clear voice. "Get me out of here! If you are leaving, take me with you!" The desperation in her tone is evident.

Mei hissed, grimacing, she was forced onto her tip toes, otherwise her feet would've been obliterated, and even then she got hit by a few. Tears pooled in her eyes, but none fell, as she sucked up the pain, still balancing on her big toe before she makes it off.
She studied the girl, "How? Is there a key, some way of opening the cage?", she looked around in concern. She did want to help the girl, but was lost as to how. "I sincerely want to take you with us, but... I don't see how I can get you out...", she looked around again.

Feeling sandpaper on bare feet wasn't exactly lovely, but compared to what Mei jus trod on it might as well be a walk on pillows. Jumping over to the final obstacle before they could leave this hellish place, he looked over the cage before seeing the chained up woman. Allowing Mei to speak first, he weighed his options. He could just leave. Well, he could try at least, see how far he gets before guilt drags him back. The second plan might be to go outside see if magic comes back online, then come back see if it will still work. Deciding to go with his third plan, he goes over to the woman, kneeling down as he says "As my companion said we want to get you out and we will, now you may want to duck your head for this" in a kind tone. Raising his leg he starts to smash the chain. His thinking being that these chains are built to keep someone in place, not for such focused punishment. Still, this was all an estimated guess.

The Caged Girl

As Devdan began to kick, the girl ducked away as he told her. But the bars were either too strong or the male had used up too much energy. The cage held.

Suddenly there was a pattering of footsteps from behind and alarm bells began to clang their noisy rhythm.

Mei opened her mouth to warn Devdan to stop, but the alarms and footsteps began before she could say anything.
Practically jumping out of her skin, she looked at Devdan worriedly. "Devdan, we have to go. Now.", she looked at the girl, with an apologetic but determined expression. "I give you my word, I will do everything in my power to come back for you. It may take days, months, years even. But I will try my damnedest to return and free you. If they move you, please leave us some sort of clue here, and then again if they move you again, so we can find you.", her expression was fierce, and honest. She meant what she said, as she bowed low to the girl, and hurried towards the boat.

Devdan felt a huge weight of guilt hit him as he heard the alarms go off. He couldn't bear to think that because of his stupid mistake that the women would be harmed in any way. Responding a simple "okay" to Mei, he waited to for her collecting his thoughts and wits as he did. As Mei ran off towards the boat, Devdan intending to follow yet stopping at the cage exit he says "I'm sorry I didn't know I just wanted to help, and as Mei said I will get you out I promise I swear it down to my last breath. Don't lose hope we will free you" as he dashes off to the boat.

Your Escape

Both of you run to the rowboat, get in, and start rowing. Not long after you see a great green eye among the green of duckweed and algae. Before you can get a better look, it vanishes underwater. Looking around, you get the feeling that there are more eyes watching you unseen. These are ambush predators, but perhaps they will still chase whatever prey enters their domain.

Choose a number from one to ten to assess how bad the damage from the unseen reptiles is.

Mei gulped, she really wasn't too fond of their current situation. She said nothing as she rowed, a bit tense, trying to mentally prepare herself for what seemed to be coming.
Number 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back