• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Redemption OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I mean I think what would make the most sense is if the lobby all the students were in was the IU med bay lobby, which is a smaller and different area from the regular IU Lobby. Because they just came from examination rooms and then everyone who listed their character's location as 'IU Lobby' (including Shin) would still be correct. The only issues with that would be:
-They took an elevator to get from the exam rooms to the lobby, which wouldn't work if they actually are in the medbay lobby
-All free instructors should be headed for the IU Lobby, but Blair and Avalon went straight for the medbay?
In short, I think not contradicting anyone's posts would require changing the IU building and/or the contents of that first OOC post.
Otherwise, changing posts will be required? I just don't know x.x
Like you said- probably best to wait and see what Bitty thinks ^^"
I'm going to be honest, I don't really see how that makes sense. Assuming all the assets came from Floor C of the IU, there would be no reason for the elevator that leads to that floor to be in the med bay, or for the students to be in the med bay at all. Most of them left rooms on Floor C and walked to an elevator. Having the main/most used elevator leading to the med bay, or (more importantly) only able to be accessed from the med bay doesn't make much sense to me. Also, pretty much everyone who listed their characters in either the "IU Lobby" or "Lobby" are students. There have also been a couple mentions of the main doors that lead outside in people's posts. So changing to a med bay lobby would affect a lot more people than simply changing Shin's location (which I acknowledge is still frustrating).
Really, to me, there's no reason for the students to have started in the med bay.
Yes, changing what happened might be contradicting posts but in this situation, there isn't really a way around it. To avoid the most contradictions, it would be a lot easier to contradict one person's (Shin's) in a way that keeps the concept of the posts similar (still alone, still waiting for people, still bored, still texting), than it would be to change the scene for almost everyone else, contradicting practically everyone's posts instead of just the one.
I don't think there is a way to make it so everyone's posts are 100% accurate, mainly because they never were, we just didn't realize it. But again, there isn't a need to change anything IC so long as people realize there's been a change OOC. And... now I've realized most of this wasn't necessary to be typed because it really does depend on what Bitty says.

HOWEVER, you should look at this cat picture. It's my favorite. <3
1572832395390.png

I'm going to be honest, I don't really see how that makes sense. Assuming all the assets came from Floor C of the IU, there would be no reason for the elevator that leads to that floor to be in the med bay, or for the students to be in the med bay at all. Most of them left rooms on Floor C and walked to an elevator. Having the main/most used elevator leading to the med bay, or (more importantly) only able to be accessed from the med bay doesn't make much sense to me. Also, pretty much everyone who listed their characters in either the "IU Lobby" or "Lobby" are students. There have also been a couple mentions of the main doors that lead outside in people's posts. So changing to a med bay lobby would affect a lot more people than simply changing Shin's location (which I acknowledge is still frustrating).
Really, to me, there's no reason for the students to have started in the med bay.
Yes, changing what happened might be contradicting posts but in this situation, there isn't really a way around it. To avoid the most contradictions, it would be a lot easier to contradict one person's (Shin's) in a way that keeps the concept of the posts similar (still alone, still waiting for people, still bored, still texting), than it would be to change the scene for almost everyone else, contradicting practically everyone's posts instead of just the one.
I don't think there is a way to make it so everyone's posts are 100% accurate, mainly because they never were, we just didn't realize it. But again, there isn't a need to change anything IC so long as people realize there's been a change OOC. And... now I've realized most of this wasn't necessary to be typed because it really does depend on what Bitty says.

HOWEVER, you should look at this cat picture. It's my favorite.
xD Dat cat.
The students were in the medbay though- they were all in exam rooms. And they went from those exam rooms to whatever lobby it is using an elevator. So already in that, unless I'm misunderstanding something else, there's a contradiction with the lore, since it says the medbay and the lobby are on the same floor :/
Also since not realizing things is something we all did, I'd rather the solution not just require me to change things (though changing his location is simple enough).

Ok, so one of us is misunderstanding. I thought they were in interview/interrogation rooms instead of exam rooms. Or, I guess they could have been like laboratory exam rooms instead of medical ones if I am misunderstanding. So I was under the impression that they were on one of the floors below the IU, whether that be Floor C or the rumored fourth floor. But now I'm getting more confused XD

Ok, so one of us is misunderstanding. I thought they were in interview/interrogation rooms instead of exam rooms. Or, I guess they could have been like laboratory exam rooms instead of medical ones if I am misunderstanding. So I was under the impression that they were on one of the floors below the IU, whether that be Floor C or the rumored fourth floor. But now I'm getting more confused XD
Well my understanding from Bitty and your and others' posts was that they were exam rooms. And I explicitly stated in Nat's opening post that he was getting a medical exam, so if that wasn't true either it's yet another thing that was missed by everyone...

Ah, ok. I kind of forgot about that original post, so I went and looked at it. It does say:

So I do see more about where you're coming from now. And yeah XD I kind of got confused just because some people said "Lobby" and others said "IU Lobby," but I just kind of went with it since it didn't matter too much for TJ's posts.

I don't think it would be a big problem to have Shin be in another room, though we should probably wait for Bitty to give the final say. But would you be good with that being the solution?
That'd be perfectly fine with me as well. Again, really sorry about the confusion. In hindsight, I probably should've predicted that using the same name for rooms in two buildings that have a one letter difference would probably end badly.

Note: No one needs to change posts. I mean you probably could if you really wanted, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to so yea

Blasphemy! I gave you my best cat picture sure, and maybe I can't find my dog pics, but dogs are always superior. Mark my words, I will return once I find out where I saved all the dog pics!

Edit: Oh, hi Bitty

That'd be perfectly fine with me as well. Again, really sorry about the confusion. In hindsight, I probably should've predicted that using the same name for rooms in two buildings that have a one letter difference would probably end badly.
Same name? You said IU had a lobby and AU had a sitting area- I'm the one who misunderstood.
You just didn't specify that the IU lobby and the student lobby were the same place, so I got confused xD
And about the medbay thing? Was I also misunderstanding that they were getting exams? :/

Same name? You said IU had a lobby and AU had a sitting area- I'm the one who misunderstood.
You just didn't specify that the IU lobby and the student lobby were the same place, so I got confused xD
And about the medbay thing? Was I also misunderstanding that they were getting exams? :/
Ehhh, you were technically correct. I'd think it's safe to assume some assets might've been given different treatments and procedures (i.e. Some getting interviewed and some getting medical exams) at different times/locations (or in a different order) depending on how fast Synth shipped them over to Camp.
Honestly, we don't really need to have a significant amount consistency in the bit of time right before they got shoved into the lobby other than to understand that they've been kinda poked and prodded for info and whatnot up until this point.
I understand it's a bit frustrating at times when things get inconsistent, but since it doesn't particularly matter to the general flow of the rp, it's probably fine if we just pretend Shin was in another room (no need to edit posts, though, again, you can if you really want to, but I'd assume no one wants to anyway). Though, if you would prefer that he was there but no one noticed/cared about Shin for the most part, that could work too.

Ehhh, you were technically correct. I'd think it's safe to assume some assets might've been given different treatments and procedures (i.e. Some getting interviewed and some getting medical exams) at different times/locations (or in a different order) depending on how fast Synth shipped them over to Camp.
Honestly, we don't really need to have a significant amount consistency in the bit of time right before they got shoved into the lobby other than to understand that they've been kinda poked and prodded for info and whatnot up until this point.
I understand it's a bit frustrating at times when things get inconsistent, but since it doesn't particularly matter to the general flow of the rp, it's probably fine if we just pretend Shin was in another room (no need to edit posts, though, again, you can if you really want to, but I'd assume no one wants to anyway). Though, if you would prefer that he was there but no one noticed/cared about Shin for the most part, that could work too.
But what other room is there? Should it be that he misunderstood where he was supposed to go?

But what other room is there? Should it be that he misunderstood where he was supposed to go?
Other rooms could probably be something like the med bay area or maybe he could've been ordered to wait outside until further notice.
The misunderstanding where to go could work for the med bay, the waiting outside until further notice could work for something along the lines of "he has to take the kids and bring them on a tour because they can probably relate to Shin, and the project directors want the kids to like camp"

Last edited:
Other rooms could probably be something like the med bay area or maybe he could've been ordered to wait outside until further notice.
The misunderstanding where to go could work for the med bay, the waiting outside until further notice could work for something along the lines of "he has to take the kids and bring them on a tour because they can probably relate to Shin, and the project directors want the kids to like camp"
So Shin is actually in the med bay lobby then?

If that's what you prefer, yeah.
Well it kinda seems like the only logical option if he misunderstood where to go?
Plus then it could be funny if Blair is looking around and thinking "Shin isn't here- must be slacking off somewhere or up to no good", and then when they tour the IU medbay they come upon him in the lobby xD

Well it kinda seems like the only logical option if he misunderstood where to go?
Plus then it could be funny if Blair is looking around and thinking "Shin isn't here- must be slacking off somewhere or up to no good", and then when they tour the IU medbay they come upon him in the lobby xD
Blair: This is the med bay where- *sees Shin*
*insert wtf Richard meme here*

I was planning on holding off on posting for a bit, I think my next one would make sense with a time skip and I don't want to get too out of sync with everyone else!

I was going to hold off on Corn’s posts since he wouldn’t have much dialogue. The only actions he would have would be reactions which I don’t think would be interesting to write or read

I was going to hold off on Corn’s posts since he wouldn’t have much dialogue. The only actions he would have would be reactions which I don’t think would be interesting to write or read
I'm pretty much in the same boat. TJ would be rolling his eyes, but he wouldn't say anything. So I'm just unsure what to write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back