• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Redemption OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Oh, yikes, it's wild as hell down in Cali right now. I'm glad you're safe!!
Yeah, thankfully the worst of it seems to be over. Thanks though!

Also, everyone, next post is up! Sorry for the brevity and the wait, it's been a hectic past week or so. I most likely won't be able to reply again tonight because it's getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow (but I might jump on again if insomnia strikes), so good night! (or good day, or whatever time it happens to be in your timezone)

*OOC note: I'm not entirely sure where the post about Ashu questioning whatever is going on is? I see it referenced multiple times, so I'll just assume I'm either missing it because I can't read properly or it's missing on my screen*
It's in the tabs - Ashu's post is tucked away in where it says 'Ashu's POV'. A click/tap on it should open up the contents - I just figured bundling it with Avalon's would make my life a bit easier. That's all. Here's a link to the post - you can figure out the rest.

Not sure if I'll be able to post at the moment, nor do I have much I actually want to say; I'll just wait for now.

If all goes well, I'll be making a post when I wake up for tomorrow (or for those who actually care, it'd be at least 9 hours from now). I figured out what to put into it, so it 'should' amount to something, I hope. :)

So glad you're okay! Looking forward to this picking up again~ ^^
Just wondering what I should do with Shin though, since that post didn't exactly clear up my confusion xD
Sorry about the confusion! Shin can make snarky comments to Blair if ya like XD. Or whatever ya feel like getting him to do
If you're referring to his purpose to be there he's mainly there cause either A) He felt like it (maybe to be with Nat, maybe cause he can, whatever reason you like) or B) He was supposed to help keep an eye on the kids/help with orientation, whichever reason you prefer. (Or option C, for whatever reason you can come up with that makes sense).

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion! Shin can make snarky comments to Blair if ya like XD. Or whatever ya feel like getting him to do
If you're referring to his purpose to be there he's mainly there cause either A) He felt like it (maybe to be with Nat, maybe cause he can, whatever reason you like) or B) He was supposed to help keep an eye on the kids/help with orientation, whichever reason you prefer. (Or option C, for whatever reason you can come up with that makes sense).
I'm sorry but I'm afraid that post confused me even more ^^"

Best I can do is refer you back to posts 379, 380 and 381.
Dunno how to explain it better than that :/
OH, I GET IT NOW. So I think most of us kinda just got confused and didn't notice that you said you were alone. Really sorry about that, it just slipped past my radar. If you want, you can pretend he was in the AU lobby the entire time or just no one interacted with him when he was in the IU lobby. I really don't know any other solutions to this. Again, really sorry.

OH, I GET IT NOW. So I think most of us kinda just got confused and didn't notice that you said you were alone. Really sorry about that, it just slipped past my radar. If you want, you can pretend he was in the AU lobby the entire time or just no one interacted with him when he was in the IU lobby. I really don't know any other solutions to this. Again, really sorry.
I mean, I described him coming up from a basement computer lab in the IU and listed all his posts as being in the IU as well :/
I also mentioned him being bored and alone and waiting to have students show up or be given further instructions in several posts...
And since people have been posted as being both in the IU lobby and the AU sitting area without noticing or interacting with him, I'm honestly not sure how to rectify this.

You could pretend he's been in a different room in the IU building or wherever the orientation is going to take people. That way he's still alone, but others will be coming.

You could pretend he's been in a different room in the IU building or wherever the orientation is going to take people. That way he's still alone, but others will be coming.
I mean I can't just make up rooms though? :/ Bitty gave us a detailed map of the camp for a reason ^^"
On the one hand, I listed his location as being in the IU Lobby and him being alone and waiting for people/instructions, and no one noticed or reacted to that.
On the other hand, though the lack of clarity in the OOC post was what caused the misunderstanding, I didn't know that's where the students were gathering and that he was supposed to be there with them :/ I also didn't really notice that people were listing their characters' location as being the same as his until patches' first post showed up x.x
And clearly, he was supposed to be headed there because that's what Blair and Avalon just did... Though the whole thing seems kind of, I dunno, disorganized? xD
So basically all around, we dun goofed as a group ;P Just not sure how to fix it without breaking anything ._.

I mean I can't just make up rooms though? :/ Bitty gave us a detailed map of the camp for a reason ^^"
Yeah, but there's more than just one room on the IU first floor. He can be waiting in the med bay or one of the classrooms. Also, Blair was specifically headed to the lobby, but Avalon was in the AU building waiting for people (if I'm remembering correctly), and Blair just asked her to come. So, to me, it seems like being in the lobby wasn't required of the teachers. Shin could just as easily be waiting in one of those other rooms waiting for the group to come through, rather than being present at the start of the orientation.

Also, two more things...
I kind of wonder if that last post came off as harsh, and so I do want to clarify it wasn't meant to if it did.

And about changing/breaking things: it's an rp. Everyone makes mistakes at one point or another, whether it's misreading a post or misinterpreting it. Hopefully everyone in the rp is reading the OOC, and if they are, we can just say here that what Shin was doing changed a bit and there shouldn't be a need to rewrite or edit your posts at all.

Yeah, but there's more than just one room on the IU first floor. He can be waiting in the med bay or one of the classrooms. Also, Blair was specifically headed to the lobby, but Avalon was in the AU building waiting for people (if I'm remembering correctly), and Blair just asked her to come. So, to me, it seems like being in the lobby wasn't required of the teachers. Shin could just as easily be waiting in one of those other rooms waiting for the group to come through, rather than being present at the start of the orientation.
Bitty's post specifically said for any instructors not currently teaching to come to the IU Lobby (hence why I placed him there, as instructed).
It just wasn't specified that the IU Lobby and the lobby where all the students were assembling were one and the same (hence the confusion).
Up until now, though players have listed character location as being IU Lobby OOC, the characters themselves didn't know where they were.
However, Bitty's post then specifically said Blair and Avalon were headed from the AU sitting area to the IU Lobby (I believe).
So, yeah. Quite a pickle ^^"

Also, two more things...
I kind of wonder if that last post came off as harsh, and so I do want to clarify it wasn't meant to if it did.

And about changing/breaking things: it's an rp. Everyone makes mistakes at one point or another, whether it's misreading a post or misinterpreting it. Hopefully everyone in the rp is reading the OOC, and if they are, we can just say here that what Shin was doing changed a bit and there shouldn't be a need to rewrite or edit your posts at all.
Nah you're not coming off as harsh (and ditto for me- if I am as well, I don't mean to; I'm just frustrated xD )
Catching something this big only after so many IC posts, when none of us realized what was going on, is kinda crazy x.x
I just want to find a solution that makes sense, but I don't want to take unauthorized liberties with Bitty's worldbuilding to do it :/

Ah, ok. I kind of forgot about that original post, so I went and looked at it. It does say:
- Staff are free to come to the IU (Instructional Unit) Lobby, but at least some will probably be teaching the other assets
So I do see more about where you're coming from now. And yeah XD I kind of got confused just because some people said "Lobby" and others said "IU Lobby," but I just kind of went with it since it didn't matter too much for TJ's posts.

I don't think it would be a big problem to have Shin be in another room, though we should probably wait for Bitty to give the final say. But would you be good with that being the solution?

Ah, ok. I kind of forgot about that original post, so I went and looked at it. It does say:

So I do see more about where you're coming from now. And yeah XD I kind of got confused just because some people said "Lobby" and others said "IU Lobby," but I just kind of went with it since it didn't matter too much for TJ's posts.

I don't think it would be a big problem to have Shin be in another room, though we should probably wait for Bitty to give the final say. But would you be good with that being the solution?
I mean I think what would make the most sense is if the lobby all the students were in was the IU med bay lobby, which is a smaller and different area from the regular IU Lobby. Because they just came from examination rooms and then everyone who listed their character's location as 'IU Lobby' (including Shin) would still be correct. The only issues with that would be:
-They took an elevator to get from the exam rooms to the lobby, which wouldn't work if they actually are in the medbay lobby
-All free instructors should be headed for the IU Lobby, but Blair and Avalon went straight for the medbay?
In short, I think not contradicting anyone's posts would require changing the IU building setup and/or the contents of that first OOC post.
Otherwise, changing posts will be required? I just don't know x.x
Like you said- probably best to wait and see what Bitty thinks ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back