• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Project Eris

Characters
Here
Heart rate: 120 bpm

Elevation: Disabled

Speed: 67 mph

4.25 miles until destination

Casey James weaved effortlessly between the cars, looking to be almost playing a game. She and the motorcycle she rode seemed to be one, a metallic black blur on the dark streets of Guangzhou.

Incoming message….

“Please be careful! < 3 Aiko”

The bike wobbled for a moment before Casey corrected it. She had almost forgotten about her passenger and the strong arms wrapped around her stomach. Almost.

The blonde android behind her seemed out of place, out of time, as though someone had abducted a fifties housewife, given her modern clothes and plopped her on the back of a Y2k Turbine Superbike just for the absurdity of it all. Her light hair flowed behind her in the wind, not confined by a helmet (after all, what was the point?), and her bright blue eyes laughed along with her.

Whatever Casey had expected when she had requested to be teamed up with this model was definitely not this. AIE10, or Miss Aiko as she had introduced herself, was nothing like what Casey had thought she knew about androids, though that wasn’t saying a lot. She had been warned before the introduction, but nothing could prepare her for how human Aiko seemed. She reminded her of her mother, kind and gentle with a warm smile and laughing eyes. The android had even tucked a few stray hairs behind her ears and fixed the collar of her shirt, just like her mother used to.

She briefly wondered if Uncle Nathan had based part of the droid’s programing on his old friend, but there was no way to ask him now.

Before too long, the bike came to a stop in front of the police barricade and Casey removed her helmet, her eyes on the forest as if the rogue trash compactor may come barreling out of the tree line at any moment.

“How can I help?” came Aiko’s soft voice as she released her hold of Casey and slid off the bike.

“Could ya go through th’ information again, please?” Casey replied in her southern drawl, moving her gaze to the android. She shook out her hair and fluffed it up with her fingers as Aiko repeated the case details.

“During its morning shift, the TR-2745 had been approached by an unidentified woman who placed a device on its front bumper. The woman left and the TR-2745 turned itself on, caused a whole lot of trouble, then ran away to the woods.”

Casey blinked in surprise at the robot. She had spoken so simply and casually unlike any of the androids she had worked with before.

“Can ya pull up schematics for this model?”

“No,” Aiko replied simply, shaking her head so that her soft tresses bounced across her shoulders.

“What?”

“I am very sorry, but I am not able to do that, Miss James. If you would like, I could find someone who can,” The android explained, smiling softly at the redhead. Casey shook her head and sighed, producing a peppermint from one of the multitude of pockets in her suit and popping it into her mouth.

“No, thank ya, ma’m,” she said, pulling a screen from another pocket and pulling up the schematics herself. She flipped through them for a moment before returning the screen to her pocket.

“Are you ready to speak with the others, Miss James?”

“Sure, Miss Aiko, let’s go 'n introduce ourselves,” Casey replied, sliding off of the motorcycle and tucking her helmet under her arm before walking with Aiko toward the awaiting officers.

Idea Idea CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Deathchart98 Deathchart98 Trappy Trappy LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat

Last edited:
[class=greydiv] border:5px double grey; background-image:url('http://www.phdmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/line.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; color:lightblue; text-align:center; [/class] [class=name] border:3px solid green; background-color:black; width:40%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=textdiv] border:7px double grey; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e2/90/9a/e2909aab62a0d9f7a4dcd095d2bdf069.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; [/class] [class=text] background-color:rgba(221, 242, 240, 0.75); width:70%; margin:0 auto; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; color:blue; [/class] [class=pic] width:15%; border:15px dotted white; border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=pic1] [/class] [class=pic2] [/class]

[div class=greydiv]
[div class=name]Testa-ONG Ver.3[/div]
[/div][div class=textdiv][div class=pic]Token Testa.png[/div]
[div class=text]
While my master was chatting with her little brother, I couldn't help but notice Veronika eyeing them. Was she curious, like I often was? Confused perhaps? As an android she wouldn't display it on her face so easily, I imagined, but she might still have those experiences nonetheless, as I did, despite my capabilities of response to human emotion being even more subpar than those of your average android. However, such a capability was unecessary. Master had not deemed it necessary, so she removed them. Therefore, logically, they couldn't be necessary. My intel processor claimed there might be a few advantages, but ultimately it just made more sense that master was right, as always.

Before we departed, I took a moment to approach my fellow android for courtesy.

"I look forward to working with you, Veronika. May we both perform our duties in a splendid and efficient fashion." I bowed slightly, then returned to my master's side.

After arriving at the police station, I searched for any nearby heat signatures before exiting the car, just to be sure given the earlier incident. I opened the door for big sis, and took master inside the police station. Master didn't seem to have the relevant information regarding meeting the other detectives and androids that would be working with us here. Thus, master decided to head to the main lobby, the most likely place to find people, so at least somebody would be able to assist them. This plan seemed like basic protocol, and once again made me wonder what sort of protocol humans had. Their biology was different from our circuits and pieces, but they often behaved in predicatble patterns when they used their head, but suddenly appeared to loose any protocol they had when they were guided by something else I couldn't quite identify. What was it? What could it be? Was there even a point to such a question, was it pratical too-

"Ow!" I felt a light smack on the back of my head. I turned my head to face master, who was blowing into her arm, while seeming to rub it with the other hand at the same time.

"Master, why are you doing that?" I inquired.

"You were spacing out again, Testa. Crap, just how tough did I make you? Hit you once and my hand hurts this badly... You were thinking of difficult questions again, weren't you, Testa?"

"I believe that may be the case, master. My memory unit is still hazy in regards to what I was just thinking about."

"Alright, fine. I'll wait for my baby brother here, you go ahead and announce us to the others in the police station. Don't forget to mention that if it seems like you're dozing off or something, a good smack or warning of danger should snap you out of it."

"As you command master."

What could it have been, I wondered as I got into the elevator. After a couple floors, I arrived at the called "main lobby" of the police station. There was a human of relatively low age nearby as the elevator doors opened. Thanks to the provided database, I was able to acess this was in fact, investigator Jason Sturges.

"Greetings, investigator. My current designation is Testa. I have come today with master to assist on account of the TR-2745 incident. Are you here because of that incident as well? She is currently awaiting the arrival of another inspector and his android on the base floor. I was also instructed to tell that if I begin to doze off, a good smack or warning of danger should be snap me out of it. I do not understand the full meaning of these words, but they were a message from master."

[/div]

tags: Michel ( Trappy Trappy ) Veronika ( LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat ) Jason ( Deathchart98 Deathchart98 )
[/div]

Lauderdale Police Station
0556 Local Time

The collar strangled her neck, limiting her breathing, as she trotted on her toes and hands. Torture begat pain, and once it fully encapsulated the mind's neurons, surely her mind bared tolerance. From behind locked doors, the iron bars in the jail cells entwined isolation. As slithering snakes, the bars, restrained the woman in ceaseless movement. Her vision became engulfed in darkness and her body diminished in liveliness. Words choked and spouted in interminable incoherence by Karen's stuttering voice. Betrayal before the confinement, but alas a necessary predicament that encouraged isolated disposition. Around her cell, childhood friends laughed and demeaned, "Just like her father!" However, a beacon, no wait, several upside down beacons dotted across the ceiling, illuminated the entrapped, seated angel. Except this particular angel incorporated the seraphic glance to their restraints. Pupils dilating dehydrated gloom mixed with purifying flames. Red, a color, contained in an Android's demented form reflected from the handcuff's metal.

Before Karen's hands shifted the glassed doors open to the interrogation room, Afro perceived Baker's question about a fight as legitimate, "I cannot fight with you, until I receive the request from Miss Bree. Therefore, from your tone, I can assure you that I do not harbor ill will towards you, nor am I trying to incite a fight." As he watched the two head away from the room, he addressed Karen quietly, "Mind the glass." A split second later she jammed her left pointer finger, bending it slightly upwards. After opening the door, she stopped a mere moment to register her pain, the room, and the android. Even if she emitted sweat prior, the aftermath of her vision worried her to the point of dousing yet again her body in pheromone-induced, terrorized droplets. The lit up room, a seated android eyeing his cuffs, an empty table, an empty chair, the glassed window, and the tiled walls; ceiling; and floor engorged Karen's peripherals.

Afro's folded hands concealed his non-organic nails, while Karen's positioned posture on the chair allowed her palms to lie on the table, revealing long, glossed nails. One open, and one hidden, a contradiction separated according to a tense, spontaneous human; and a dutiful android. Karen's unkempt hair shed onto her backside, and Afro's programmed mane remained in its usual state, only swaying when the air conditioning beckoned across his scalp. An odd silence, until Karen brought her words into the fold.

"D-do you prrefer sitting, or I-I don't k-know stand-ding when t-talking?" A first question, an oddity eclipsed Karen's other questions. At first, she didn't understand why that inquiry surfaced, until she remembered the angel's fall from grace. If the wings were clipped, then from what perspective could the angel speak? The devilish intent of man, or possibly the choice for redemption against the past crimes that caused for the pruning, or in this case, a handcuffed android. Still, she slumped backwards, letting her hands to crawl into arm crosses. She thought to herself about the sanity of questioning an android, and whether it could ever truly be possible. "Afro," her crutch, to which she stated in the open. An ambiguous order, yet understood, as erected footsteps edged on the tile in a patter. CLUNK and CLANK; intimidating footsteps echoed in the room.

From folded hands to crunched knuckles, a loose wire broke from Afro's middle finger, "Fuck," followed by a pause, "Listen up, you tin can. The only shit you're useful for is explaining what 'in recycling (In hell)'happened, or you're going to end up like a discarded water bottle! So you better fucking analyze this." Afro's metallic hands coarsely wrapped around the corrupted android's neck, in preparation to elevate the eyes. "Look, at that sweltering human. She's a melting pot of anxiety; practically boiled in her own sweat. The incarnate of the regulatory system. So focus on her, you cog." Astonishingly, Karen endured the insults, now faced with the haunted, corrupted, and red functioning irises.

When met in forced manner, Karen confronted in earnest, as the looming neon red lights bestowed by the Android emanated lifelessly. From Karen's perspective, she saw Afro's hips tilted to the right, as he held the Android's face in place. Uncomfortably shifting her right knee atop her left leg, she loudly sputtered, "W-we just w-want you'r-re account of t-the events. You-re a p-p-p-rimary source of infor-m-m-mation. If yo-u can-n-not remember then...uh p-p-protocol dict-tates that I-I," she reached for a USB, "stick this in-inside you."

For a while, Afro acted terrified, "Oh, shit. The big guns. Pow pow. You better tell your story, or else that prick goes in your neck. Good luck functioning. You'll be a literal tin can." Almost instinctively, Afro strutted his feet a bit backwards to emphasize the horror. What anyone would assume a normal USB, the inspector, Karen acknowledged its potential to frighten. Even humans feared the dreaded USB, for it's an unknown element entering your computer, or Android. She wondered if common courtesy sounded plausible, meaning she should stick to questions, or if the forceful path contained the answers. After all, Androids were always better liars than humans due to their mechanical programming. Typical lie detectors wouldn't work at all.

Salvation to an Android contained in a little device, the USB. The reverse apple to Adam and Eve, yet force fed by the hands that held the original apple in desire. As Karen's hands tapped her chin, she reckoned whether even lost angels dared to sin like man. Wouldn't the USB just command the angel similar to god's word, or could an Android truly resist their own biology, albeit mechanical. No matter the case, her mother's religious influence bogged heavily in Karen's brain during the interrogation.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Kabboom Kabboom

Last edited:
Robert's Condo: 0534hrs

"Now then, I do believe we have a score to settle James. Tell me. Why did you kill my father?" Robert said as he slowly reloaded his father's Magnum pistol.

"It was..a.....contract..." James said as he coughed blood. "We were given ....his...face..."

"I am fully aware how contracts work.." he aimed the gun at James's leg and pulled the trigger, making James scream loudly. "Please be of haste."

"We were given the contract by our boss, Big Slim Joe. I swear on my mother's life."

"Okay. I believe you." He aimed at his head and pulled the trigger. "Now then.." He turned his attention to the Hispanic kneeled at his right side. "I assume you are familiar with what i am capable of, Jose. So tell me more about this guy, Big Slim Joe."

"Good morning Sir. The time is 5:34am. The weather is predicted to be 23 degrees Celsius. Coffee is brewing. I have taken the privilage of adding some groceries in the shopping list. Permission to order the items." Alice, the house AI said.

Robert woke up and sat on the bed. He stood up and stretched making his bones creak and snap into place. He looked at his mirror and saw the shopping list. "Permission granted."

"Also, you have a priority email from the Lithuanian Police Task. They are asking for your presence."

Robert read the priority email and waved the message off the screen. He proceeded to his ShowerMaster 34x, complete with 34 pulsating jets. He stood there for 5 minutes, letting the jets do their work. After that, he switched off the jets and four fans tuned on, blasting warm air and quickly drying him off.

"Your passports and weapons are ready. Your flight departs in one hour. I suggest you make haste. Also your coffee has finished brewing." Alice said as a hologram appeared on the large mirror in the bathroom.

"How can i survive without you?" He said with a smile.

"The answer is simple: You can't." Alice said with conviction.

He picked his outfit, wore them as fast as he could and drank his coffee, still hot but he had no time to cry in the kitchen. He reached the door and turned to the Interface by it. "Alice, keep our house safe till I get back."

"Yes sir."

Raseiniai, Lithuania

The flight was pretty uneventful. Well being in first class has it privileges. When the plane landed, he was greeted by three police officers. "I swear if Alice did this, imma dismantle her when I get back." Robert said as he approached the police officers.

"I apologize for the theatrics. The situation has developed. I assume you have been briefed?" The lead commander said as he outstretched his hand.

"I have the basics. Any new information?" He shook his hand and proceeded to walk towards the car.

"Yes sir, the tank has opened fire."

'Well then, we have no time to waste then. Shall we.

Police station
In front of the elevator
10:45

5 min until meeting
Testa. What a name. Looks aside, the level of emotion in the ai program is slightly interesting if not concerning. Jason approached the android with caution, "Testa. I must be brief, I am needed on the upper floor of the station in five minuets. As are you. We must go." Jason began walking towards the elevator. He turned around and cautioned the android, "You must keep your questions brief and important. Lets move." and with the final words Jason began walking swiftly towards the elevator, the meeting was starting in three minuets and the elevator might be slow...

CB1 operational...............

Ping

CB4 Online.....
Pinging CB1...
PING)()()()()()()(
Overrived process

administering overide
motherbrain
overide....
Complete

The lights in the evidence closet are rarely dusted. This layer of grime covers not only the light fixtures but the boxes below as well. The evidence to cases so cold they might as well be in a freezer. A section toward the front was recently swept and now housed four strange metal containers. A hiss and gaseous smell filled the air. The locks to two of the cases release as two metal children come out to play. They walk to each other and hug each other. They find some watches and wallets in the evidence locker. They threw these around to play. Soon the dust faded from the active metal hoodlums. A scanner goes off in CB1's head. POLICE DETECTED><RETURN TO CASES NOW!!!!!
The children scurry back to their cases making sure to crouch super low, so the lid will fit. The locks go back into their places as the policeman walks back to check an old case. He notices a peculiarly clean section of floor. He smiles and chuckles to himself, "Must be the rats. Haha." The children talk before they sleep.
I had fun CB4......
Can we do this again?
Sure
Anytime...
Shutting Down....
Shutting Down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back