• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Project Eris

Characters
Here

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability

440px-INTERPOL_Logo.svg.png

n4nn3tB.gif

Project Eris

Send New Email
New Email Received
HERMES
Eris
Project Eris
Cyber-crime Emergency Response and Investigation Department [CERID]
DWGPugXhDR_qRRMn1HTlU2FTt_6iZwDEVIw066jfZYP9QwpRGe_yzU8yrTDOvNISj9Op9_ezV-qe2R7JWZosJQqJ1NbHaGJtRwsN2j5y-8rLKULqJRayPcviO5MPoD-gEprcOASm

Clearance G-28A
The following document is classified, only members ranked G-28A and above may be authorized to access the following script.
Unauthorized personnel will be subjected to legal punishment in accordance to international law.

Briefing
CbBnapzoYzcXMt6thHAI64rReatxKJMlaDl_qxaGek5dmJdRxVTD9v-WzCp5fgmTh7stKirteBTGOiYDO1lNo7rPSwfEukUHtDbSh6pJaweKLUIeqqvb5ZAf30Qf9GP9PGsuANem

Reports of an unidentified virus appearing in machines of random models have cropped up worldwide. They activate under undetermined conditions, at random times. However, it seems only the modern, up to date machines are affected. Infected machines tend to display extreme violence, unpredictability, and little is known about their agendas. Due to the potential danger posed by these infected machines, INTERPOL has intervened, spearheading the investigation effort. And this is where you come in, ladies and gentlemen.

As elite investigators of the Cyber-crime Emergency Response and Investigation Department, your objective is to gather intelligence, put a stop to any and every infected machine attack, and eliminate this virus. We have the full cooperation of America, Canada, the United Nations, European Union, the Alliance of the Eastern European Countries, and the Asiatic Dominion, and funding shall be allocated per your request. The whole world is watching us, detectives. Let’s make this a good one.

Equipment
CbBnapzoYzcXMt6thHAI64rReatxKJMlaDl_qxaGek5dmJdRxVTD9v-WzCp5fgmTh7stKirteBTGOiYDO1lNo7rPSwfEukUHtDbSh6pJaweKLUIeqqvb5ZAf30Qf9GP9PGsuANem

In order to assist in your investigation, you have each been provided with an android. The androids assigned to you inspectors are older models, which appear to be immune to the virus. They can be enhanced with state-of-the-art combat modules per the inspector’s requests, and protocols to protect the inspector it had been assigned to. As androids, they have superb resilience and durability, as well as strength and speed, along with superior vision and memory, thanks to data storage.

However, as per the 2025 Global Cybernetic Intelligence Accords, limitations are installed to prevent AI from becoming too smart. So you are there to assess the case, and assist the android in combat situations. You’re still gonna be doing the heavy lifting, I’m afraid.
And I do have to remind you all that the investigation should be done mostly in coordination with the android, since rogue androids are far too dangerous and powerful for humans. Trigger-happy investigators will not be tolerated.
The inspectors’ androids are carefully studied, taken apart piece by piece for further analysis and examination, and then monitored after they are assigned to their inspector. Maintenance and repair shall be provided and funded by CERID staff, in conjunction with the respective companies involved in manufacturing, developing and repairing the android models. Despite our funding, it is highly encouraged that the androids are kept alive throughout the cases to reduce memory transfer costs.

The Virus
wtvrEU_6ylvxHnaL-q3Tae-vpUQ3ojawIT4-UEp3DGmA2luVbZGT2oowHM4owW6uvNSNdq_WT4XmV88F-9VhxTbk6c4D-rsCP7taw57Km94N_U4jsQyzlIQXOFNckSEVT2CDNwaH

The virus turns the machines incredibly hostile to many things, including but not limited to humans. And there are seemingly no links between reported cases, aside from them being the modern models.

Our number one priority is to further research this virus. Lethal force is authorized, but if possible, infected machines should be captured, not terminated on sight.

At the moment, we have 3 leads:

• In Raseiniai, Lithuana: A military automated tank has gone rogue, causing property damage and civilian casualties in a village before disappearing. Survivors report that it has fled into the nearby forest, and military forces have mobilized to encircle it.

• In Miami, Florida: A worker droid killed humans with a construction drill, before being subdued by human workers. Its mainframe has since been removed, and is standing by for interrogation at a local police station.

• In Guangzhou, China: A trash collector is reported to pick up humans, grinding them up in its trash compressor. The trash collector’s current whereabouts are unknown, with eyewitness accounts reporting it fleeing East of the city.

Investigators are free to choose their assignment, and cooperation with other investigators, as well as local forces are highly encouraged. Good hunting, people.

Additional Notes
mQ-xjYxsEthaLgEcCuHTZde2m9ULSc1Fe67jHSOJAvoVCO3N0mG8fyt_k-ohehb-ItrtqD6hZkJ1hNqu8pxEj_FcVTueytCKRESNmjiARDgTdOHA5j-CmKo4oCdc4t1DM8EkCJdy

Whoever keeps turning the lights on and off repeatedly in the Women’s Quarters, I will beat you up.

INCOMING MESSAGES
tumblr_nvr8i80Gpc1s5laego1_500.gif

Send New Email
New Email Received
HERMES
Raseiniai, Lithuania
Suspect: Designation Alpha-Sierra-1-4, model TR-7554 Automated Assault Tank
goliath_6_by_shimmering_sword-d9vu13p.jpg

Status: Unknown. Suspect last seen fleeing military fire with major engine damage. Ammunition and weapon systems status unknown, most likely low.

Briefing: Alpha-Sierra-1-4 was reported to have activated by itself, overriding military protocol and shooting its way out of the military base, killing 14 maintenance crewmen and garrisoned troops. The tank then went on to travel through the town of Raseiniai, destroying 3 buildings and damaging 24, with 38 civilian casualties. The military quickly mobilized, and engaged Alpha-Sierra-1-4, scoring critical hits upon its engine, causing the suspect to limp into the nearby forest. The military has subsequently cordoned off the area of operations, and are now evacuating civilians, and sending in scout drones to locate Alpha-Sierra-1-4, with no success so far.

Assets:
One(1) EMP Squad, equipped with EMP Railgun Rifles to incapacitate target
Two(2) Anti-Tank Squads
Six(6) Artillery guns prepared to fire upon target
Twelve(12) Scout drones

Send New Email
New Email Received
HERMES
Guangzhou, China
Suspect: Designation TR-2745, model ZR-3 Automated Garbage Compressor Vehicle
465d06cfdf6a8bf6326f458c431452ee.jpg

Briefing: TR-2745 was reported to have malfunctioned during a regular stop, and killed its driver using the trash compactor. Suspect then injured 2 civilians by running them over, and subsequently fled into a forest, most likely headed towards an abandoned industrial complex within.

Assets:
Two(2) Scout drones
Three(3) Police units (Five(5) men each)

Send New Email
New Email Received
HERMES
Miami, Florida
Suspect: Designation A-1554, nicknamed "Albert", Construction Android
Screen_Shot_2018-07-13_at_5.52.18_PM.png

Status: Detained, Physical damage sustained. Suspected CPU damage.

Briefing: Suspect reportedly short-circuited during road construction, then proceeding to assault human co-workers, killing 1 with a construction drill. Suspect was then subdued by local law enforcement and other human construction workers. Suspect is now held within holding cells of local police station, ready for questioning.

AWAITING VERIFICATION
. . .

Last edited:
[class=greydiv] border:5px double grey; background-image:url('http://www.phdmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/line.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; color:lightblue; text-align:center; [/class] [class=name] border:3px solid green; background-color:black; width:40%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=textdiv] border:7px double grey; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e2/90/9a/e2909aab62a0d9f7a4dcd095d2bdf069.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; [/class] [class=text] background-color:rgba(221, 242, 240, 0.75); width:70%; margin:0 auto; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; color:blue; [/class] [class=pic] width:15%; border:15px dotted white; border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=pic1] [/class] [class=pic2] [/class]

[div class=greydiv]
[div class=name]Doctor Albina Jansen[/div]
[/div][div class=textdiv][div class=pic]token Albina.png[/div]
[div class=text]
YahariOre-08-Large03.jpg~original

"If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn't have taken this task!"
I complained, arms flailing around from my seat. Maybe to an outsider it would look like some brat throwing a fuss, but in actuality I was simply shoving out the water, drying myself the way nature intended while also expressing my frustration with this most inconvenient wheather. Yes, that was my plan, a double action, the most efficient way to achieve those two tasks. Flawless, as usual.

"Big Sis, I may have an error in my memory units. According to my logs, your objective in choosing this particular case was to witness your sibling's first major mission with Veronika. We even caught a last minute plane in order to be able to receive the two of them at the airport when they themselves arrived. Should I request a system check-up?"

I stopped and after taking a moment to think about it, my limbs relaxed and I found myself smiling awkwardly. Fortunately for me, Testa wasn't quite able to pick up on such context clues.

"Ah, yes, thank you for reminding me. What I meant was that hum...Yeah, I would have convinced him to take a different case. I mean taking care of a sentient garbage can throwing a tantrum wouldn't really be fit for my little brother's first task you know? So maybe I jumped to conclusions just a little bit when it came to the... side benefits of taking on such a case." I sighed. "So don't worry, as far as this goes, there is no issue with your memories.

"Understood. However, there was another malfunction. There seems to be a gap in my logs between 21h48 and 23h48 yesterday. I cannot identify the cause." Testa insisted. "Does it have something to do with why we're going to an Interpol Office? My apologies if I failed you in any way. The damage on our apartment seemed massive."

"Ah, that... Yeah, I'll give you a personal check later on. I'm sure it's just a minor mishap, some poorly produced android probably sent to kill someone else. They gave me a bit of a beating, but escaped soon after realizing they got the wrong person. We will have to look into that later. After all, we're interpol agents. That wasn't quite true, but I couldn't very well tell her that I nearly split our apartment in half after learning my little bro actually had already arrived after all my arrangements to go pick him up at the airport, then I got embarassed and requested for Testa to delete her memories of the previous 2 hours. "In any case, we're going to pick up my little Mickey now, so dont' worry this has nothing to do with you. Ah, would you like to hang out with Veronika? I could use some time alone with him, plus you two have become quite close, haven't you? Surprisingly enough, you're friends."

"Friends?" Testa's tone sounded confused. It started high-pitched and ended quite low, barely audible. For a moment her head seemed like one of those people that haven't slept for 50 hours, barely able to keep facing foward, eyes closing and opening with little discretion. Her arms were almost paralyzed. No wonder. I had personally removed most social processing power from her. It wasn't useful and it took too much space from my own additions. She was my companion, she only needed to act a little human. So she wasn't able to process something like-

"TESTA FOCUS ON THE ROAD! NOW! EMERGENCY!" These were the needed triggers to get Testa's processor out of high order problems of the true meaning of friendship for Androids and back into the more immediate problem of the 20ft wall that was rapidly approaching their vehicle. In a quick emergency maneuver, Testa spun the car sideways as fast as possible, then stepped on the brakes as hard as she could without breaking them. Sparks flew everywhere as the car quickly lost momentum just in time to not turn it's human inhabitant into bacon. I sighed in relief, knowing I might've been a inch away from never getting to speak with Michel again.

Big sis, I am picking up higher than usual heat signals, growing in fact. There are blurry columns in my field of vision as well. I suggest something nearby is on fire."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................

"Well, hello there little Mickey!" Said I, nonchallantly, trying my best to ignore the people eyeing me because of the ashes on my face and clothes. "Have you gotten your present yet?"

"Greetings master's little brother. It's nice to see you again. It will be a pleasure working with you." Testa greeted as well after I'd finished talking.

[/div]

tags: Michel ( Trappy Trappy ) Veronika ( LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat )
[/div]

Last edited:

uUJJXHd.png

SI William Baker
DtleIqF.jpg

Interacted: N/A
Mentioned: N/A

uUJJXHd.png

Alice
V1p4qiH.jpg

0509 Local Time

Uncorked bottles and tumblers littered the room, as the strong odor of cherry wood and aged spirits yet lingered within the confines of the lifeless house. An abrupt sound at the break of dawn awakened the owner, as he dragged his half-naked self towards the bathroom. His baggy eyes were beyond help, adorned by the scars of his years in faraway lands. The man quickly brushes his teeth, before settling his concerned sights on a foreign vehicle of which had taken the place of his previous car. Brushing his grey and brown above his wrinkled forehead, the man drag himself down the hallway, eyeing the strangely lavish appearance of his own ride, melted in black suede and defined curves. He turned to the ruffling sounds of a creature emerging from the sofa, whose eyes were as round as a pair of amber cuts. She was no less different from many her age - the zenith of mankind's greatest achievement in the modern world.

"Alice... where's my car?"

"Car? I sold it, inspector, as you instructed."

"Oh... alright. We'll ju- Wait. YOU SOLD IT?! When did I told you to do that?!"

"You were mumbling in your sleep about wanting to raise our current household funds, inspector. I took the initiative and did some trade-offs. Tada! I can't let you be running slow and ugly to work, inspector."

"Okay okay... First of all, I'mma kill you. Second, I will kill you Alice. Third, I was drunk, and I muttered nonsense. Fourth, she's not slow alright? I just don't have the right components for her yet. She's a work-in-progress. Goddamn it. Do you know where she is now?"

"Your ride should be forfeited by now, inspector. They took her apart for their own workshop needs."

The old man broke down trembling over the loss of his car thanks to his new android. It killed him inside, knowing that he had kept his own ride as a work-in-progress for the last few years, and had been taking the bus to work. It was over now, and he has no one to blame but himself for trusting Alice, his android. He held Alice close to his chest, with his arm above her hair and quickly gave her a nudgie.

"Ow ow ow ow ow! Inspector! Stop! I'm an android, but I can still feel the pain you know! I'm sorry about your car! I'm really sorry!!! Ow ow!"

A message received from Alice's internal display, as she waved the details of the urgent email towards the inspector. The two sat down on the sofa and quickly glanced over it, before their faces turned somber, although Baker's face was more so disappointed that his ongoing holidays were over with an email. He turned to Alice, with his fingers extending towards the far side of the room shortly, before turning away towards his room.

"Alice, pancakes and coffee. I'll grab our stuff. What do you need?"

"Yes sir. Number two on the racks, inspector."

The two made haste like a pair of hurricane, as they put their game faces on. Baker arrived in the living room with a pair of duffel bags and with Alice's change of clothes. He took his time with breakfast, but with speed, awaiting Alice to get changed, before switching roles, with him putting on his business formal and Alice vice versa. It is as if the two had known each other for a long time, albeit only a year since they were assigned together. To Baker, Alice showed great synchronization with his actions, something of which he treasured, aside from the usual curiosities of the android that always end up costing Baker something. Each of their own tasks, the two settled their equipment within the trunk and quickly got in their new car.

"I can't believe you traded my ride for a Maserati. Of all the good ol' reliables of America. I am disgusted by your choice, Alice."

"Fufufu. Don't worry inspector, you'll come to love it. So where are we headin'?"

"Miami. You read the briefing, Alice, we'll be handling the interrogation since we're one of the few in the States. Alright now, nice and steady, alright?" Baker remarked as he turns on the siren.

A brief moment of silence befell the two, as their jet-black Maserati climbed onto the highway with great speed towards the South-East. The speeding coupe's loud revving noises, under the speedy hands of the flexible android, saw its path straight forward towards its owner's destination - like an arrow finding its target.

Last edited:
Michel & Veronika
Screen_Shot_2018-07-11_at_6.29.40_PM.png
Guangzhou - rainy, Michel thought, and cold. The man would like to think he’s tolerant or at least adaptable with most conditions, although he must admit that he finds it hard to agree with himself sometimes. His left hand clenched into a fist, seemingly trying to bury itself further into the pockets of the trench coat, and even then, his body still shivers uncontrollably at a passing breeze. Grabbing a hold of himself, the young inspector gently combed his wind-blown hair and fixed his attires as he exited the windy corridor and into the busy office, awkwardly running through his equipment right in front of the doorway, before having to make way for some employee in a rush. Right, big day - he reminded himself. Papers - check, badge - check, the package - heavy. First impressions mattered, but before Michel could run through his, a small man appeared before him.

“She’s almost ready, come come!” And with that, the figure vanished into the busy crowd, leaving a confused Michel. The inspector quickly went after the short man, squeezing through several crowds, he finally reached the man, who was holding a door open for Michel, which opened to a room where there were an engineer, several machinery and an android - . . . naked.

The engineer seemed really preoccupied with the monitors, worried even. They were connected to the android’s head through a long and thick cable, connected to the back of her throat. As everyone was quietly watching the naked android on the table, the booting sequence started. “Finally… you might want to see this, Mr. Michel, it’s the most exciting part of the job for me!” he pulled him closer, encouraging him to look at the monitors:

0xFFFFFFF0
P4Mth'25rQyB,Hc9_KR='btn
ogGM_pzr3ybW Y!-rq;7GxjTW
N_42*e!m$3Fe iXLCfiMY.ED
Gd+CsYxn8_PE u+J%E^9!hx?p
;$40=010 00 000 $58=0101 10 00
;$48=010 01 000 $59=0101 10 01
;$50=010 10 000 $5A=0101 10 10
;[draw attributes] ld l,e
ld a,d and %00011000
srl a srl a srl a
add a,$58 ld h,a
Booting System...

/\

Initialising Akirinatm...

Complete!
ORG $0 ;-----------Akirinatm Synthetic Processing Unit ---------------- dc.l stack_ssr ; sp dc.l
start ; pc REPT 29 dc.l exception ENDR ;------------------------------------- -----
FLASHB:
LDY #$19 ; Max of 25 retries
LDX #$0 ; init X
FLOOP:
LDA #$40 ; send Program Byte command
Booting NNPU...
Complete!

Initializing Atlantis aux. Module...
Complete!
Updating database...

Initializing K.A.I.S.E.R. Emergency aux. Geno. Module...
Error .356: (K.A.I.S.E.R.= False; Init probabilities: 0%; Conditions not met)...

Connecting to CERID local network...
Complete!

/|\...Start-up complete!.../|\

Starting system...

“Aaaany moment now…” muttered the engineer “The Akirina processing units have always had these slow startups, but they compensate wi-”

At that moment, the android rose up, taking the whole room by surprise. The monitors now closed, as she accidentally unplugged the long cable, causing it to snap at one of the engineers.

“Ah, there she is… Mr. Michel?” But Michel was not there anymore. The young inspector had moved himself by the doorway, averting his eyes from the naked female figure in the middle of the room, slightly blushing. This did not escape the engineer’s sharp observation. “Oh, right! Cover her up boys, she’s a lady, dammit!” he said with a sensible chuckle.

“There, now she’s all yours inspector! Now, if you’ll excuse us...” and with that , the engineers left the room, leaving them by themselves “Oh, and one last thing, you can pick up her stuff at the delivery office next door, can’t miss it!” and with a knowing wink, he left.

Now dressed in a plain white suit, the android approached Michel.
1455912430110416593.jpg
“Greetings, I’m Veronika, the android assigned to assist you. It’s a pleasure meeting you Inspector!” She reached out her hand for a handshake.

Michel quickly reached out to grab the android, Veronika’s hand. “Lieutenant Michel Jansen. The pleasure is mine. We will be working together from now on, so let’s help each other out there.” He said with the friendliest smile.

“Now, I would very much like to get my gear back, especially my clothing. If you don’t mind, Inspector.”

“Oh, yes. Of course.” Lifting and placing the package, a heavy case, on the empty table, Michel quickly lifted the security locks and offered the contents to his newfound ‘partner’. In one layer he had prepared some office clothes: white shirt, tie, black jacket and skirt, of which Michel hoped he got the size right from the manifest he was sent. In another: a pair of Auto-11 handguns and ammunition. They were all ordinary, ‘standard-issued’ gear, but the man admits he’s never good with gifts. “By the way,” He continued “Call me Michel.”

Upon seeing what the lieutenant had prepared for her, the blank face she’s been talking with until now fell, and a cheeky smile quickly took its place.

“I knew you were a cool guy!” she said, tapping his shoulder in a rather brutal manner, as if unaware of the force she was able to exert. Michel stumbled for a bit, but the inspector awkwardly laughing the pain away, hand rubbing his shoulder.

“Well, I’ll wait outside. We’ll get out of here as soon as you gear up.” With that, the inspector left the room. Part of him wondered why he even bothered. She was an android, and not that her model had any genitalia . . . But manners. Yes, manners. From inside the room, Veronika’s playful voice can be heard.

“Sorry ‘bout all that formal stuff, they implemented all these “protocols” in my CPU!” she said, pointing to her head. “Seriously now, let’s get out of here, this place reminds me of the testing unit!”

A smile had unknowingly drawn itself on Michel’s face. Despite being originally a student of cybernetic engineering, he found himself nervous when he received Veronika’s manifest the day before. Thankfully, she seemed rather cheerful and easy to get along.

The android went ahead after packing her equipment. She opened the door, stopping only to wait for her partner. “You coming, inspector?” She said, giving him a priggish smile. “I meant Michel, of course.”

And so, that was how young lieutenant Michel Jansen met Veronika, the android who was to be his partner throughout the duration and Project Eris, and his employment at CERID. Only good things can come out of this - he hoped, while a rather confusing mix of nervousness and excitement occupied his mind with thoughts of his first assignment.

LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat

uUJJXHd.png

SI William Baker
DtleIqF.jpg

Interacted: Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom

uUJJXHd.png

Alice
V1p4qiH.jpg

CERID Case #3 - A-1554 "Albert"
Lauderdale Police Station
0552 Local Time

The gentle nudge of the Maserati's clutch prompted its brakes to grind the tires to a halt in front of the busy police station. A multitude of police officers passed them, as the flickering blue and red lights extinguished at the command of the android. Alice turned over to her dozing partner and tugged his cheeks. Baker opened his eyes to the flashing lights of the police cars that navigated themselves between the stripes of white and grey. He turned to his android, whose face was really close to his. The filaments of her optics were brightened by the expanse of her eyes, of which has seen much work. Eagerness, is what one would dub it, but to the Baker, Alice was at heart an android, and such a thing was expected of her designs.

"Inspector, we've arrived at our destination."

"Hey Alice... I was thinking... since we're so close..." Baker said softly in his thick southern accent, as he lifted his hand beneath her chin.

"Inspector...."

With a light force, the inspector flicked his finger upon her forehead, pushing her away.

"Do you mind moving out of the way, woman? I can barely breath in this poor-excuse of a car. Come on lets go!"

"Owie! You meany! Humf!" Alice scowled with a certain attempt to appeal to the inspector, to which he would dismiss with an annoyed expression as he left the car.

The two navigated their way past the receptionist, towards the far end of the hallway and downwards. The somber lights shadowed the two, as they entered the observation room, where the man in charge was already waiting for them.

"Ah, you must be the Inspectors from CERID! Sergeant Kronauer, MPD."

"Field Inspector Baker, this here is Alice, my Assistant Android. Has our suspect talked?"

"No sir. We barely apprehended him and brought him in about half an hour ago. Ain't much we can do about it."

"I see. Thank you. We'll take it from here. In the mean time, please coordinate with the rest of the officers at the crime scene to form a blockade. Canvas the area for anything or anyone suspicious. Update me if anything comes up. This is now officially an joint-investigation under jurisdiction of CERID."

"Understood, inspector. We'll make it happen."

The police officer took his leave, prompting Baker and Alice to follow towards the main room. The white room was now occupied with three personnel. The door closed behind them, as Baker pulled a seat and sat down casually with a sigh, while Alice leaned against the wall, observing the interactions that was to come. Her amber optics locked onto the deviant suspect cuffed to the table.

"Alright... What's your name, son?" Baker initiated with a coarse, but tranquil tone.

GM-Determined Interrogation (Empathetic Choice)

(respond in any particular order)

Connections: What was your connection to the victim?

Motive: Why did you do it?

Possible Accomplices: Just you? Nobody else? I find it hard to believe when you were reported to have been short-circuited at the time of the murder.

Empathy Lure: Look. Alice here has tendencies to do stupid things too. But she never mean it whole-heartedly. We all have a choice, even androids. So, you're gonna tell us what happened? Help us, help you.

Redemption: You will be disassembled once we pull your chip. But we can help you, son. There is always a choice. Its either to do the right thing or throw yourself away for one human life. What's it gonna be?

Last edited:
Guangzhou Railway Station – 7:00 PM GMT+8

Android has not received any instructions for five hours; entering spectator mode.

To the immediate left is the train cabin’s wall. Emergency buttons are within arm’s reach from the seats. In front are a group of businessmen silently looking up the evening news on their portable terminals or scheduling meetings and appointments. To the right are families. Parents sleeping, kids trying to press their faces on the windows to see the lights of the city passing by.

The older X2 made mental note of this. It wasn’t for any particular purpose but leave an android alone to its own devices and even its artificial mind starts wandering. It had been repeating its instructions over and over in its head for the past few hours of the trip already.

Instruction: Meet up with Professor Sternback at the Red Panda Pavilion, 8:00 PM GMT+8

The android replays the instructions. A couple of dead pixels appears at the corners of its left sensors. It had sustained considerable damage during Spitbreak and it hadn’t been fixed properly ever since due to the sophisticated build of the device. Besides, it wasn’t like it was necessary in order for it to do its new clerical tasks under Quantum.

Stimuli: Turn Right

Noticing a slight movement on its right, the X2 turns to investigate. A teenage girl stood coolly near the cabin’s pillars, hands tucked in the pockets of its jacket, eyes staring directly at X2. The girl had bright blonde hair pulled back in a high ponytail and red eyes. Rather unnatural to find among the regular population.

Analysis Complete: Android detected to be a 2040 Lavender Z6 from Florentine Technologies.

A newer model. It must have caught on to the fact that the X2 was an android as well. A middle-aged man in a suit stood beside the new android, possibly the android’s owner. He was deep in concentration on a spreadsheet app displayed on his terminal so his companion android apparently started looking around the train, honing in on the old X2 in the corner. Seeing the X2, the Z6 smiled and waved; a very smooth and graceful greeting one may expect from a living human.

Reaction: Wave Back

Haizhu District – 7:10 PM GMT+8

The train reaches its destination and the X2 alighted, tugging along a small messenger bag of the little personal effects it had. Before walking away from the platform, it turned around, trying to locate the Z6 it met earlier. The Z6 was still inside the cabin; its stop still a couple of stations away. Likewise, the Z6 notices the X2 staring from the window as well and promptly smiled and waved again, just as passengers started pouring in, replacing the ones that alighted, completely obscuring the view between the two androids.

The train, having refilled its load, started to move. Slowly at first and then climbing up to very high speeds, leaving the X2 alone on the platform.

Reaction: Goodbye

Red Panda Pavilion

“Ah, managed to find y’er way ‘ere just fine eh? Pretty smart for a doll eh? Pretty smart…”

An eccentric and scruffy looking scientist greeted the android upon entering the rather high-tech laboratory hidden beneath an inconspicuous exterior that wouldn’t look out of place in a decrepit Hong Kong ghetto. The Canton Building, now lit with impressive lights was in full view from the window, mesmerizing the old android.

“Forgive him, that’s just the way he is.” A middle-aged lady walked in, carrying what appears to be a printed spec sheet of sorts. “Ah right. You are an X2. These things don’t bother you at all.”

Analysis complete: Individuals recognized as Professor Sternback and Dr. Chen from the Intelligence Division.

“So, we’ve looked through your file and well, what can I say? You really need some serious updates and hardware replacement. I believe your left sensor hasn’t been completely repaired, is that correct?”
Reaction: Affirmative

“Quantum being a cheapskate huh? Buy old dolls, overclock it until something breaks—same old, same old.” Professor Sternback scoffed as he strapped the X2 in a contraption similar to a dentist’s chair. “Let’s see…’pol wants us to update ‘er A.I., fix ‘er camera and turn ‘er over to this Lancaster bloke eh?”

“Yes. The Kai iteration should still work even with her lower ecosystem. The Laplace is still a very good chipset after all.” Dr. Chen explains as she prepares the necessary tools for transplant.

Question: Will it hurt?

For a moment, the two white coats stared at each other, seemingly taken aback by the X2’s sudden question. The aging Dr. Sternback just chuckled. "What do you think you are?"

Dr. Chen on the other hand, just smiled at the android and grasped its hand. “You won’t feel a thing. Now close your eyes.”

Affirmative. Shutting Down Systems.

Systems Shut Down—

Miami:

The android's head creaked slightly as the elderly investigator asked the first question. Its right forehead was still slightly 'bleeding' from some physical damage, most likely a fracture, and its head ever so slightly twitched to the right, in sync with its tightening and loosening hands, which have been triple-tied to the table. Its built-in retroreflective strips shine slightly under the room's light, with a few sections obscured by bloodstains.

"What was your connection to the victim?"

The machine simply shook its head slowly, maintaining eye contact with the table, and its hands.

"Why did you do it?"

Albert spoke up. "Why not?"

"Just you? Nobody else? I find it hard to believe when you were reported to have been short-circuited at the time of the murder."

Albert simply shook its head quicker, the servomotors in its neck joint audibly whirring. "Just me. No one else. They don't care."

"You will be disassembled once we pull your chip. But we can help you, son. There is always a choice. Its either to do the right thing or throw yourself away for one human life. What's it gonna be?"

All the android could do was slightly chuckle. "The right thing? There is no right thing for me. I get disassembled anyway. You can't help me. You don't want to help me. None of you do."

"Look. Alice here has tendencies to do stupid things too. But she never mean it whole-heartedly. We all have a choice, even androids. So, you're gonna tell us what happened? Help us, help you."

Albert finally looks up, not at Baker, but at Alice. The machine looked over her a few times, then spoke. "Why even ask? I have no choice, just like her. Like it, you humans say. Just ask your police humans. They know what you ask. You don't need me anyway."

Kasperko/Charlotte

Charlotte checked the time on her visor. A light blue light shone from her right earpiece, and an opaque screen visualized itself in front of her. Ocular systems instantly picking up the turquoise '6:54 PM / 1854 Hrs' lettering at the top left of the screen without borders, the light stopped as soon as it was turned on. An android's efficiency was almost twice, even thrice that of a human's, and even without many functions that would otherwise be available to a normal civilian android such as Charlotte, they are programmed to make do with what they have. Unfortunately, her own internal clock module was removed, along with many other civilian modules to make space for maximum data storage and processing capacity. That's why the visor was required to provide the otherwise missing features to the machine at its own command. A solution with the luxury unfitting of an android, perhaps, but a solution nonetheless.

"What the hell do you mean, 'I can't have one?' We're going up against a damn tank here!" The voice of her investigator cried out, uncharacteristically annoyed. Hastily moving to his aid, she picked up the situation on the way. Boots stomping against mud in a makeshift forward base by the Lithuanian Army, Charlotte recognized Kasperko arguing with an anti-tank soldier. Her investigator was bargaining for 'one-a those things', to compensate for his inappropriate, and underpowered weaponry for the intended target. Charlotte understood his concern, and she had in fact analyzed the tank's weaknesses and armor, with the intelligence she was allowed access to. Unsurprisingly, it was rather hard to acquire blueprints of a country's current weaponry. But digressing is not part of her programming.

"I say, for last time, you not allowed!" the annoyed soldier lashed back at Kasperko, silencing him with anger and disgust. Shrugging and walking back to her, her rugged investigator simply shook his head. "They're gonna send us up against a tank, but won't even give us an anti-tank weapon... the hell are we supposed to do once we find the damn thing, scratch it to death?"

"I understand your frustration, Kasperko. I myself calculate a 56% probability to survive without injury through this operation, based upon current informatio-" The android spoke up, her relatively monotone voice trying its best to soothe the man standing before her.

"No, no, shush. I don't wanna hear it. When are the others coming?" Kasperko swayed her words away, changing his mind to the other investigators.

"Soon." Charlotte simply replied. Per his request, she was no longer allowed to answer in exact numbers and/or calculated estimations anymore. According to him, it feels better not knowing. So far, she has not been able to compute this logic.

Clayton was engrossed in the mission briefing he had received days prior, when he was approached by the stewardess. With a slight bent she asked "Is there anything I can get for you sir?" Clayton was taken by surprise. He had only ever been in a transport plane while serving, so this was a whole new expierience for him. "Oh no, you don't have to go out of your way for me." He said modestly, not wanting to impose. "It would be no trouble at all, sir." She said politely with a slight smile. Clayton pondered for a moment before setting down his phone. "Well I could have something..."

The rest of the flight was one of the best times Clayton has had in a long time. Eating M.R.E.s for the last 4 years has made him very appreciative of the finer things. The plane ride finally ended, setting down in a major city near Raseiniai. A vehicle and driver were waiting for Clayton when he arrived. He found his gear in the back, and quickly checked over it to make sure it was all accounted for. After seeing everything in perfect condition, he went about putting on his vest and sidearm. He closed everything up and walked around to get into the back of the vehicle. "What time are we set to arrive?" He asked the driver as he climbed into the back seat. "7:10" replied the driver, clearly not one for small talk.

While en route Clayton took the time to download detailed maps of the area to his visor, and review his latest patch to his gadget. Military equipment ran different codes than most commercial use androids, so in prep for this mission, he had the brains at Cerid improve the 'virus' on his danger domes. There was no guarantee it would work on this level, but Clayton was up to try it. "Do we have a translator on sight?" He asked the driver, unaware if he would be greeted by someone who spoke English. "There is an android already on location, sir." Replied the driver. ~Sir.~ Twice in one day he was called sir. It was an odd change going from soldier to investigator.

Finally, the vehicle came to a stop. Clayton hopped out almost instantly, ready to get to work. Moreover, he was ready to try out some modifications he made to his rifle for this very special occasion. As he walked towards the back to grab his weapon, Clayton could see a fellow investigator and his android not to far off. He popped open the weapon case to reveal his M107, but it was equipped with a larger barrel and a modified receiver. He quickly grabbed the strap and swung the weapon over his shoulder. ~Its show time.~ He thought as he adorned his visor.

With rifle in tow, Clayton approached his new colleague. "Clayton Haight." He said with arm outstretched to shake the mans hand.

Kabboom Kabboom

Red Panda Pavilion

“So this is the building…”

This place…was a dump. At least the scruffy young man standing in front of it, dressed in his heavy coat and smoking what felt like the tenth cigarette of the day didn’t look out of place. Except for the clear difference in nationality between him and the locals of the area.

He figured he looked like someone you’d see on just another Tuesday here. Cigarette and all.

Atticus took another deep drag of his cigarette, exhaling the smoke and watching as it wafted up, dissipating into the night. At this point, he was probably just adding to the heavy pollution.

“Great,” He thought to himself. “Sent to find a trash compressor and the building my partner is in has to be one of…these. Should have had it coming, really.”

As soon as the cigarette between his teeth had burned down to a stub, he let it slip from his fingers and stepped back to snuff it out under his shoe, scratching his head.

Time to get this over with.

Laplace System Startup…

Trikeros “Kai” Update successful. Initiating Automatic Updates.
Update complete.
New modules installed:
Interpol Black Box
Initializing.
Rise up, 019.

White walls. Blinding lights. Immediately, the camera adjusted to prevent the glares from the overhead fluorescent lights from negatively affecting the android’s vision. The automatic adjustments of her hardware seem to be working flawlessly.

“Good evening 019. Can you recognize me?” A kind looking Chinese lady addresses her. She walked towards her; her heels making light tapping sounds on the tiled floor, registering as tiny pulses over a small sound perception interface near the corner of her eyes.

Identification: Dr. Zhang Chen. Award-winning android specialist and top consultant to Florentine Biotech.

“Good evening, Miss Chen.” 019 responded with a nod. She raises her hands to her face, testing out the dexterity of her fingers. “Update successful. Body operations seems to be normal.”

“Hmm…your voice range sounds a lot more natural now. The Kai update seems to have done its job—even if it’s not too crucial of an update.” Dr. Chen notes. “Just in time too. You have received your new assignment I believe? Please review the details. Sternback will be taking over.

“Urgh…” 019 groans in protest, catching Dr. Chen’s attention.

“Not a big fan of Professor Sternback I take it?” Dr. Chen asks with a sly smile.

Identification: Professor Isaac Sternback. Former developer of the original MBE-1 artificial human. CEO of the old Iron Tech Holdings before the company went bankrupt in 2025.

“019 just thinks Professor Sternback is too eccentric and crass.” The android speaks up. Dr. Chen just sighed.

“You and me both.”

He had ignored the decrepit entrance and the interior- making a beeline for the elevator as soon as he had found it. As the doors opened and he stepped in, he let out a sigh of relief to find himself alone. He didn’t exactly feel up to par with talking to any locals, not on a night like this.

At least, those that weren’t affiliated with INTERPOL.

As soon as the doors opened, he was pleasantly surprised that there was a high-tech laboratory waiting just under the unimpressive building just above it. He stepped out, looking around- it certainly wasn’t as big as the ones back home, the official ones, with scientists in every corner. But it was definitely a laboratory.

The only person he saw was a scruffy looking scientist. He had passed a well-dressed woman on the way here, and he briefly wondered if she had been working down here too. Shifting around a little more, he could see…an android?

Definitely an android. So this one had to be his partner for the case. He’d seen a fair share of androids in his time, but it had been a while since he had been partnered up with a female one.
May as well make his entrance. Readjusting the collar of his coat, he walked over.

“Evening.” He glanced at the android, barely hiding the small, joking smile on his face. “Who’s this you got me? The newest model from Camellia?”

He looked her over for a moment. She looked young, for an android at least. Though he reckoned middle-aged ladies probably didn’t sell as much. He turned his gaze back to the scientist; the joking tone still present in his voice.

“You couldn’t have gotten me anyone more…adult?” He chuckled.

Dr. Sternback, whose attention was on a series of reports displayed on his portable terminal glanced at the investigator, giving him a good look over from head to toe. “Course’ we can chap. But are you willing to fork over the cash to pay fer’ it huh? I guessed so. So, don’t be too picky. Least they’re giving you a decent model. If it was up to me I would’ve stuck ye’ all with MBEs!”

019 overhears the professor’s response.

Speculation: Pride and Ego.

“MBE-1. First generation android created by Iron Tech Holdings. Susceptible to ten bugs per operation run. Faced fierce competition from Richter’s Alpha-02 line in Scandinavia. Updated to MBE-2 but company was eventually bought out by the competition. Professor Sternback was reported to have proclaimed ‘My MBE-1 is the best android” during a heated interview on Channel 5 on February 2025.” 019 recounted, earning a glare from the aging professor.

Atticus chuckled jokingly at the android’s remark, giving a careless shrug. “Sorry, doc. I wasn’t aware. I’m very sorry for your loss.” He returned his gaze to the android- and the data tablet lying on a desk just beside her. He picked it up, lazily scanning the information written.

“NXT ‘Yurika’ X2, Model 019…?” Atticus glanced up, his brow furrowed. “Why do they always like giving these things long names?”

“Apparently…” The aging doctor walks over to the two, still visibly irritated at being made the butt of the joke. “It’s to remind you all that it’s still a high spec gadget. Not a freakin’ doll you take out, stick your Jacobs in and stash away in the closet every night!”

“Aye, I know she is, but most people just call their smartphones by one name, not twenty different words in one string,” Atticus mumbled. “Damn, this guy’s got an attitude.” He thought to himself, glancing over. Granted, he wasn’t the fanciest investigator, but hey- ‘Resolved the case of the Missing Trash Compactor’ isn’t exactly something that anybody would put down on their resume.

“NXT X2 isn’t designed for…pleasure purposes. X2 is designed for high-precision technical work like bullet train and nuclear power plant maintenance. As such, 019 lacks—”

“Ah—I got it, I got it. You don’t have to elaborate.” Atticus promptly cuts in before the conversation becomes too…inappropriate. Giving her a second look-over, she does seem to be a high-end model—if not a little outdated. Then again, the fact that she has remained in operation for this long must mean that the model itself is at least, reliable.

“Well…you two seem to be getting along well.” Sternback scoffed. “So don’t just stand on ceremony there lad. Introduce yerself’ to it.”

“Well then, I guess- you would be my android,” He started. “Yeah, professional. Way to go.”

“My name is Atticus Lancaster. I’m an investigator working for INTERPOL’s Cyber-crime Department.”

Identification confirmed: Atticus Lancaster of the Cybercrime Department. Protocol: Introduce yourself.

“Atticus Lancaster…NXT X2, designation 019 at your service.” 019 steps down from the operating table she was sitting on, extending a hand to the investigator.

Instructions updated. Atticus Lancaster recognized as 019’s new employer. Command priority given to Atticus Lancaster’s instructions.

“Brat’s here mostly stock X2 ‘cept for ‘er A.I. Chen’s got an old Nova head lying around so she transferred that A.I. unit into 019. It wasn’t intended to be used with this ecosystem but admittedly, the Laplace Gen 6 ecosystem sure is built tough and maybe even futureproof.”

“Nova, also known as the NXT X2 Nova. Planned successor of 019 before parent company NXT shut down its android division.” 019 elaborated on the professor’s explanation.

“Hmm…” Damn, these things went way back, more than he had expected it to. Why INTERPOL would give him an android from a discontinued line, he had no idea. Well, at least he knew other investigators were also stuck with old androids. It was admittedly a comfort.

“I don’t really feel like calling you 019, it’d be odd, to say the least,” He mused, looking at the android again. What was that one name-sounding like word in that complicated string the scientist called a “name”? Or designation?

Oh, he remembered now. Yurika.

“How about I call you Yuri instead?”

Command Received. Designation changed from 019 to Yuri.

“019 will now refer to itself as Yuri.” ‘Yuri’ looks quizzically at Atticus. “Is that…my name from now on?”

“Hmm? Is it supposed to ask that?” Atticus turns back to Sternback, recalling a spec noting that the X2 was supposed to hold very little in the way of autonomy.

“It’s an A.I. It can pick up on small things like that.” Sternback dismisses the inquiry. Atticus just shrugs and turns back to the android.

“Yeah. I guess you could say that. From now on, your name is Yuri.”

“Yuri…” ‘Yuri repeated the name, her eyes holding a hint of intelligence in them.

“Anyway, let’s take a closer look at your case ‘ere.” Sternback brings up the case files once again to look over it with Atticus. “I’m sure you’ve done your homework on the plane but nothin’ wrong with a l’il refreshing eh?”

“Yeah, that makes sense.” Atticus recalled the information sent to him on his own personal data tablet.

“Your target is a…model ZR-3 Automated Garbage Compressor Vehicle—or, as I like to call it, a smart trash compressor. Reports say that it just malfunctioned during a stop, killing its driver by use of the trash compactor and ran over 2 other civilians. It apparently went scurrying off into the forest, and INTERPOL suspects that it’s heading for an abandoned industrial complex.”

“ZR-3 Smart Trash Compactor. Designed for automatic waste removal and disposal. Capable of carrying over a ton of waste before drop off at the nearest waste disposal area is required. Outer armor is built tough to endure the rigors of urban and off-road navigation.” Yuri elaborates on the professor’s explanation. The professor just clicked his tongue.

He ran a hand through his hair. “Aside from you and me, our only assets are two scout drones and three police units with five men in each one. Though, I sincerely hope we don’t have to destroy that thing.” He’d seen one of the models in pictures- it didn’t look like something he could just brute force his way through, unlike the androids back in his time as a police officer. Not to mention…this area particularly badly needed it for more than one reason.

“Scout Drones model A7-S6. A police model designed—”

“Who the f*ck’s talking to you eh?” Sternback suddenly interrupts Yuri’s addition to the discussion. “Do us a favor and keep yer’ stinkin’ trap shut eh?”

Command received…Command rejected.

“Yuri refuses. Yuri will continue elaborating as Yuri sees fit.” The android spoke up in a more defiant tone.

“You deaf? This is an order!”

“Denied. Professor Isaac Sternback does not have the authority to issue Yuri orders.”

Growing a little irritated, Sternback turns to Atticus. “Oi! Put a lead on ‘er man!”

“No, no, sorry. This is too amusing to stop, doc.” The investigator gave a lopsided grin.

“Tch! I guess you don’t need me to orient you then. Out!” Sternback, apparently reaching the peak of his irritation, promptly orders the two to get out of the laboratory.

Red Panda Pavilion – Outside

“Professor Isaac Sternback was notoriously known for random mood swings particularly when working with Generation 2 and above androids.”

Outside, Yuri offers an explanation as to why she and her employer was suddenly sent out of the meeting room.

“So, he’s an ass then. Good to know,” Atticus sighed. “About time, at least. It was getting stuffy in there.”

“Dr. Chen describes Professor Sternback to be ‘coming from a place of deep self-loathing’.”

“Oh it’s definitely self-loathing, that much was evident.” Atticus reached down into his coat pockets and fished out another cigarette from his pack.

There were only two left, actually. “Damn, I need to get more.”
While lighting the cancer stick in his mouth, he briefly turned to the android. The words came out of his mouth without him even realizing it—“You want one-?” He cut himself off.

“…Nah, of course you don’t. You’re an android.” He mumbled, the last part mostly to himself as he finished lighting the cigarette and taking a look at just how much money he had left.
“Well, it’s getting pretty late. Let’s go see if we can find some cheap motel around here.”

“Motel…? Not to question your orders Atticus Lancaster but how would bystanders perceive a middle-aged man entering a motel, with a doll at his side?” Yuri mentions.

Atticus cringed now that she has pointed it out.

“I do not think this next move has been carefully thought through.”

“Aye, but I imagine the reaction would be the same even if we went somewhere fancier.”

“Negative. The reaction would be worse. Bystanders would call Atticus Lancaster ‘NEET’ or ‘Incel’ or ‘Weaboo’ based from initial analysis.”

“Hey, hey, now that’s going below the belt!” Maybe dressing in this wrinkled suit and heavy coat was not the best idea. “Damned if I do, damned if I don’t,” He breathed, shaking his head.

“Ah, well…we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.” He had to terminate the conversation before any more of his pride was shattered. As he turned to leave, though, he remembered something.

“Hey, Yuri? You don’t need to call me by my full name all the time. Just Atticus is fine.”

“Acknowledged…Atticus.”

(Collab post with SCSaya06 SCSaya06 )

Michel & Veronika
luke-stilson-hallway.jpg
Contrary to the busy noises and the crowded environment of the office, the hallways just outside were quiet, too quiet. Michel could feel the chatter of his teeth slightly echoing across the silence as a sudden breeze blows into the building from the inappropriately open windows. Veronika was quietly following the young inspector, like a shadow. It wasn’t too difficult, nor did it take too long for the man to realise it was way too awkward. Michel wondered if he screwed up his first impression, or whether she was programmed to be a good, little obedient doll. Either way, play it cool Mickey. Maybe the android was just being methodical and cold, after all, they only just met. In which case, perhaps some chat will help.

“So, tell me about yourself, Veronika.” Michel spoke up. “What did you do before this?”

The inspector knew all about her, but it was what first came to his mind. At least he knew what was recorded on the manifest he was sent. T-Series T-2380, "Tatuska" medical android, registered name: Veronika. She was stolen from the Anastassia Mental Health Asylum in Moscow by infiltrators from the Novosibirsk Revolutionary Front*. A victim to the revolutionaries’ popular strategy: kidnapping and using civilian androids in their nimble combat operations and terrorist attacks armed to discredit technological companies. She was deployed as a frontline combat unit, having faced the might of the Russian army. Her combat experience is indubitable. He had to do his best for the days ahead - he thought, so this partnership will not be a burden for her, despite bearing the burden being the primary objective of androids partnered up with inspectors. Michel’s thoughts were cut brief as Veronika voiced her reply.

Pointing at her chest and wearing a cheeky proud face, the android listed its achievements with pride: “Yes inspector, I have 5 years of combat experience, 2 of which are at INTERPOL!” She paused for a moment, before continuing “Most of my deployments were escorting missions in the Kalahari desert. Monitoring suspected use of illegal UAVs and tactical androids… nasty place, made me hate sand. I won't even begin telling you how nasty the local militias are! She quickened her pace to catch up with the inspector. “I’ve only recently been transferred to CERID, so the urban environment, well, unravaged urban environment is new to me, I hope I'll not be a burden to you, inspector.”

The inspector's eyes jumped to his android after she voiced her opinion regarding sand, but the man only laughed at her rather humble and unexpected response.
“Quite the contrary, I’m afraid!” He chuckled and continued. “I might rely a lot on your combat prowess out there, Veronika. I’m blessed with good memory to remember theories, but I have no experience on the field, so forgive me for the poor displays you may witness.”

The two have almost reached the end of the hallways. Michel paused briefly, before continuing. “Anything you want to know about me?” The young inspector asked, as he turned to the blonde-haired girl by his side.

Suddenly, just as the android wanted to answer, a familiar voice called out as the duo exits the empty hallways and into another busy office, though thankfully less crowded than the one earlier.

"Well, hello there little Mickey! Have you gotten your present yet?" The appearance of his sister surprised Michel Jansen. Not because that he did not expect her presence, but rather, the state of her, with ashes on her face and burns on her clothes. The android, Testa, followed up as soon as Albina Jansen finished speaking. "Greetings master's little brother. It's nice to see you again. It will be a pleasure working with you."

Michel acknowledged Testa with a nod and a soft smile, before turning to his sister. “Yes, I did. Thanks for askin, sis’. Sorry for not stopping at your place first, I had to come pick up Veronika here since they finished checking her early.” And finally, the inspector moved on to his sister’s questionable appearance. “Anyway, something happened on the way?” The man inquired as he pat the dust and ashes off Albina’s shoulders.

Idea Idea

*Novosibirsk Revolutionary Front: The faction that was one of the main belligerents in an almost 4-years-long internal conflict in Russia, commonly regarded to as the Novosibirsk Uprising. Formed mostly from the grievances of the people who suffered the most from rapid industrialisation, technological advancement and the introduction of androids into certain businesses, the Revolutionary Front fought a desperate war against inevitable progress. Regardless of their goal, the Russian forces were overwhelmed by inconsistent series of blitz attacks by the Novosibirsk militias and light but extremely maneauverable units. They were ultimately defeated in 2038 and the conflict came to an end on 25th October, 2038.

Kasperko/Charlotte

The sleazy investigator dawdled around the area, slightly bummed out that he didn't get to sling a rocket launcher on him for this mission. Kasperko's job was to investigate, not terminate, granted, but still, not many people can resist lugging around a man-portable tube that fires explosive death. He's been assigned to a previous department resembling something like CERID, minus the fervent dedication to eradicating new cyber-viruses infecting androids, and so far, the job change is refreshing. A lot bigger budget, more freedom of operation, and he gets his own personal android. Not a very good or bright android, but it gets the job done.

"Clayton Haight." A voice spoke, with an outstretched palm. Looking over, Kasperko was immediately struck by his height, and by his investigator companion's even longer sniper rifle. An anti-materiel rifle - perfect. Not that it'll actually put a sizeable dent into the target's armor, but its treads might just break from a few rounds coming from that M107. Slinking his shameful shotgun away, Kasperko shook his hand.

"Kasperko. You can call me Kas for short. Where's your android? They didn't give you one?"

U UnbelievableCow

"Kasperko. You can call me Kas for short. Where's your android? They didn't give you one?"

Clayton had always had a problem coordinating his moves with another. He knows an adroid would adapt much easier, and had put some requests in but no results yet. "Ah no, they haven't got one that fits. I'm just here for support." He replied tightening the strap of his rifle. "I have a few toys, that I hope will keep you out of the line of fire." Pressing a small button on the visor hanging from his belt. The larger case in the back of the truck opened, and from it two rotors folded out. As the 4 foot sleek drone lifted from the case, Desmond said "I can provide an aerial view for you android, if you need it." pulling out his phone and turning it towards the pair. There was a secure hotspot and passcode to connect to the drone.

Whether or not Kas would accept, Desmond would be ready to go. He would keep his distance, but allow the drone to hover a few hundred feet above Kas and his android.

Kabboom Kabboom

Analysis Start: Room looks normal. Not detecting any hostiles or any unknown variables. The bed and bathrooms are surprisingly clean.

“In other words, a relatively normal and plain room.” Yuri remarked upon opening the lights.

“Well what were you expecting? A dark and damp room with flickering lights and blood dripping from the ceiling?” Atticus asked jokingly as he set his suitcase down on the bedside table. “This area’s rather spacious. Maybe you’ll want this—?” He turns to look for Yuri as he asked and noticed her sitting down on the opposite bed and slightly bobbing up and down over it.

“This bed is very soft. It’s much better than Yuri’s old quarters at work.” The android remarked.

“Don’t they give you androids some nice resting quarters during your off-hours?” He asked. Yuri shook her head.

“Quantum’s androids do not have off hours. Yuri maintains trains and railways. Always work to be done on railways. When Yuri finishes, Yuri is instructed to transfer to a different railway. Yuri only stops for one hour to recharge Yuri’s energy.” The android explains her old regimen.

“Seriously? Ughh…I don’t think I can manage that even with ten Red Bulls!” Atticus chuckled.

“Come to think of it, how many old labor type jobs have now been made obsolete thanks to her and her kind.”

Ring! Ring!

The shrill notifications alert from his phone alerted Atticus to a message sent to his email. Hurriedly, he begins to take out his laptop from its case. A few updates to the case files perhaps?

“Was that a call from Interpol?” The android asked.

“Maybe. Don’t you need to recharge Yuri?” He asked her. Again, the android shook her head.

“Yuri just charged back at the Pavilion. Yuri can still move.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Do you have any orders for Yuri?” The android rises, staring back at the investigator with her surprisingly life-like robot eyes. “What is Yuri’s next course of action?”

“Let’s see…Ah! Yuri, you can ‘talk’ to other robots right?” Atticus lights up.

“Uhh…Apologies, Yuri does not understand the inquiry.” The android tilts its head, looking a little puzzled.

“Wait, that was a little vague. Uhh…technical, technical…Aha! What I mean is, you can access other machine’s memory database right? Provided they have a terminal you can hook up to? I mean, you are a maintenance android after all.” Atticus elaborated.

“Technically I can. However, Yuri cannot retrieve or alter files from the machines. Company policy. Machine databases Yuri worked on are completely confidential.”

“But you can remember what you see right?” Atticus raises a finger to his eye. “Like taking a picture with a camera.”

Yuri tilts her head to the other side from earlier, pondering. The android was used to following set instructions and routines when working. She never actually thought about the process going on with how she is actually able to remember her tasks and routines. The troubleshooting skills she has are ingrained in her installed apps and modules but subtle movements like choosing the shortest routes to get to her destination, to avoiding obstacles, to knowing which person to ask for direction—those were things she’s never really thought about.

“Yuri…thinks so.” The android replied, a little unsure.

“I see. Well I want you to go around the city. Look for all the trash compactors operating in this area. Ask them about their route and how they go about their day to day. See if one mentions taking a double shift because of a ‘missing friend’.” Atticus explained.

Instructions received. Acknowledged.

“Roger.” Yuri steps out to leave the room, closing the door as she does.

“Ask the other trash compactors in the city if they’ve seen a missing friend.” Yuri thought to herself as she steps out of the elevator and into the bustling streets outside. Zooming in on the nearby streets alone and Yuri immediately managed to detect around ten trash compactors cleaning up the streets of Guanzhou.

“How will Yuri start to do just that I wonder?”

Collab post with CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

Send New Email
New Email Received
Repairs Department
Quarterly System Diagnostics and Field Data

____System____________________________
  • Combat and Strategy systems
  • Movement systems
  • Cooling systems
  • AI Blockers
  • Motherbrain system

____Status_____________

Active
Damaged (1 Unit)
Active
Active
Active

Operator Notes ____________________________________________

---NONE---
Unit damaged during the apprehension of rouge android.
---NONE---
---NONE---
---NONE---

* During the apprehension of a rouge construction android major damage was caused by a drill. CB3 is on his way and needs repairs. Outer shell requires repairs. Have him back by a decent time please. I'm heading to another mission. This trash compactor should be an easy pickup, but i want CB3 back for the next one.

Rouge's RetrievedCiv CasualtiesEscapes
Undamaged4--------------------------------------
Total601

Operator Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall a very successful quarter. With six androids retrieved and subdued along with no civilian
casualties makes it one of the best quarters. The bots are listening to commands
correctly with no major misunderstandings. Combat and strategy module seems to be working
at peak efficiency. No issues with cooling or programming so far, however they are all up for
a check-up and update. Ill get to it eventually. So far, things are looking pretty good this year.

CHINA AIRSPACE
10:00am
20 min to Red Panda Pavilion Landing strip

The soft click of the laptop closing was the only other sound other than the soft hum of the plane. Jason leans back in the leather seats and looks out the window down onto the city he found himself in. The bright colors of the buildings contrasted his home back in America. The city was older but had some new buildings. The glass and metal looking alien next to the rough stone and ceramic. Jason's city watching was interrupted by the soft voice of the "flight attendant" (if its a private plane do you still call them that?)

"Detective Sturges, the pilot wanted me to let you know we will be landing in about 20 minutes. Can i get you another drink before we land?" The flight attendant asked while taking his empty whiskey glass.

"You know I'll always take another drink." Jason replied, with a soft smile. His gaze turned back to the city. Honing in on a large reinforced metal bunker looking building in the center of the city. According to his research, this was the police center. Eventually Jason had a meeting there with the local police to strategize a plan to capture the rouge tase compactor. His view gained a slight tilt as the plane slowly made it's landing, onto the strip of the city's small airport.

Jason made his way off the plane and onto the strip, a police car waiting for him outside. He walked over to the cargo section, observing the workers unpack the metal cases containing his squad. (minus one). An alert goes off on Jason's watch. *ALERT* Potential Tampering. Jason's hand quickly swiped away the alert. The cases have a motion detection system and there (unfortunately) is no way to shut if off. Jason moved over to the cases and unlocked the hatch on the top. The Children deployed out of the cage and lined up. CB1 walked up to Jason. "Awaiting Command Detective Jason."

"Start unpacking my luggage into the police car. Then return to your cases." Jason looks over to the airstrip workers, "Tell them you'll get the luggage. They speak Chinese."
CB1 nodded and walked over to the group of men, who have stopped moving luggage to witness the android children. "我們搬運行李." The faces of the workers go from curiosity to smiles. They moved out of the way and watched the children unpack the luggage. One by one the Children took the luggage and gear out of the plane packing it into the back of the police car. As the last of the luggage got packed, the Children file back into their respective cases. Jason moved the cases into the back seat of the car and sat in the passenger seat. In the driver side, a young police man sits.

"Hello detective, welcome to the Red Panda Pavilion. The police chief is waiting for you back at the station. We received the scout drones and have already sent them to look for the trash compactor." The policeman starts the drive to the station. "We think the compactor may have gone into an abandoned building in the forest. We have heard of another detective that made it here. He had to get fitted with his android however and may not be able to meet you at the station."

"Have you heard the name of this detective?" Jason hadn't met a lot of detectives on these missions before, but there are more being brought into the program this year than ever.

"I haven't heard any names sir. The chief might have more info on the other detective." The car becomes silent for a bit. "Sir, I have to ask. Those androids?"

"What about them?"

"Are they...... you know, dang-"

"No. They aren't." Jason cut off the policeman, ending conversation for the rest of the car trip. The car pulls up to the east side of the bunker building and a wall slides up to reveal a parking garage under the facility. The policeman parks the car and turns to Jason.

"The Chief is waiting for you up the elevator, I'll move your gear and luggage into the evidence room. Wouldn't want anyone to mess with it. "

"Thank you." Jason closed the door and moved over to the elevator, pressing the call button. The elevator doors opened and Jason stepped inside. A meeting with the local police Chief and a hunt for a rouge trash compactor. Just another day at work.

Mentioned: SCSaya06 SCSaya06 and CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

0440 Local Time

"I came in like a wrecking ball," sung the radio from the sedan's speakers, as Afro clacked his fingers across the steering wheel. A green sign spotted from the corner of his processed cornea, the street's name. Speeding along, until a cool, distant churn of the wheels halted to a complete stop upon yellow, police cross lines. From the shotgun aisle, a braided pony tail uncouth-ed itself, all fuzzed from the backseat discomfort, but it presented itself as only a minor inconvenience to Karen Bree, an investigator. One final tune, "yeah, you, you wreck me," accompanied Karen's car-exiting patter of feet as a rhythm to Afro's android ears. Still, Karen bothered no words to spare, quickly using her caramel brown eyes to scan for a supervisor, while Afro stood behind, awaiting further instruction.

Forty past four, gleamed the digital watch from police man's wrist, who kept himself alert at the sight of a couple, a girl and a man. Now he moved his hands to his hips, beginning the conversation with standard protocol, "Identification, please." ID passed by soft, feminine hands to sweaty gloves then a squeaky, uncertain voice spoke, "H-hi, officer smith. Name's Karen Bri- Bree. This is my android, Afro." A whirling, clicking noise soon followed from the officer's scanning of the ID, "You're free to search around, but keep an eye on that Android, Ms. Bree. I don't want another fuck up." A clunk and then a tap with another clunk and then another tap. A human and android, one equipped in heels, the other built-in android authorized boots. From behind the pair, a disgruntled officer.

Red liquid dried by early, morning heat smelled like stale iron, and tasted like metallic goo to Afro, "Ah, shit. This is disgusting, man's been fucked in a way no man ought to experience death. Type O and mixed bacteria, uh, utter shit." The scene of a grown android man, on his fours, like a dog licking from a bowl, encouraged a snicker out of Karen, "Hehe." Unlike her android partner, she lacked the expertise in distinguishing the debris and evidence. She ordered, "Just do it q-quietly, Afro." From now on, no more comments exited Afro's mouth. He only stated the obvious, "Time of death. Drill Type. Android. Human DNA..." After twenty minutes, the investigation ended, and the two packed themselves up in the car like roasted sardines.

0520 Local Time

Patients littered the hospital's lobby, while an African american couple slowly walked to the counter. The girl carried a folder, opening it only momentarily, "M-may, I see this deceased victim?" A photo contained the person's features, but it fell on the floor, to which Afro picked up, "She's a clutz, Ma'am," before placing the image on the counter. Karen's normal, brown face covered itself in an embarrassing shade of red. After inspection, Karen and Afro entered the room carrying the dead. An order came after under Karen's guise, "Well, go on Dog. Analyze it."

"Bzzt, one, two, three. Your analysis is complete, Ms. Bree," scoffed the Android. Karen murmured, "Now you do protocol," to which Afro stated, "Sorry, Ms. Bree, but my ears failed to detect the proper echoes of your transmitted vocal signals. Please, repeat the information." Fortunately, the relatives weren't present during the exchange, for they were cleared prior to the engagement. Karen spoke louder, "Just hurry up, we need to be present for the investigation soon." Afro raised his head, a tongue stuck out with human blood, "Gawdfh iath." He swallowed the organic material, "Got it. DNA analysis complete."

0552 Local Time

Outside the interrogation room behind glassed windows, Karen sat herself, while Afro recorded the process through his lens. Fortunately, Karen, although lacking in experience learned a lot by watching a skilled, professional officer (Baker) perform his interrogation techniques. Once the ordeal finished, she hoped to utilize her newfound information to pry any additional details from the construction android.

uUJJXHd.png

SI William Baker
DtleIqF.jpg

Interacted: BioshockRP BioshockRP

uUJJXHd.png

Alice
V1p4qiH.jpg

0555 Local Time

As the suspect refused to talk, the two fails to get much from him. Baker sighed slightly at his own failures, but was glad to get out of the interrogation. After all, he was soldier at heart, and never one for a cop.

"Alright. Looks like we have to do this the old fashioned way. Come on Alice." Baker said, prompting the quiet Alice to follow him out of the room.

"Inspector, our suspect have refused to talk. Please advise our next course of actions." the android said, tilting her head slightly.

Baker's PDA would ring, and with a few slides of his fingers, he forwarded the intel to Alice, whose eyes glowed for a bit, as the man continue.

"...Kronauer just forwarded the camera footages at the crime scene. See if you can run a diagnostic on our suspect digitally. His systems may have been compromised by a third-party, and from what I've seen, I don't want to risk you catching it, ya hear?"

"Understood, Inspector. It will take some time to diagnose his systems."

"That's fine, we'll see what we can collect at the crime scene in the meantime. Dang it! I hate all these mumble jumbles, why can't we just go gun-running to get the job done? What a hassle...."

"That would violate the common law and CERID's policies, inspector."

"Right... for a moment there I forgot I was a policeman. Heh..." Baker noted Alice's android response, rubbing her head gently.

Alice felt her partner's hands upon her hair, and smiled. The two met a couple, whose eyes were attentively studying their leave. From his instincts, Baker could only grasp the young faces as someone within the same field, albeit more studious than he was in the case. Glancing briefly over their IDs, the man confirmed his thoughts, waving his right hand about as a greeting gesture.

"I suppose you're with CERID? Never thought they'd assigned another pair for this case. Hell, I'll take any help I can get. Senior inspector Baker, this here is Alice, my assistant. What might your names be?" Baker spoke, as he folded his hands and tucked them against his torsos.

Alice eyed the two, before turning to Baker, nudging him lightly on his shirt.

Last edited:
[class=greydiv] border:5px double grey; background-image:url('http://www.phdmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/line.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; color:lightblue; text-align:center; [/class] [class=name] border:3px solid green; background-color:black; width:40%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=textdiv] border:7px double grey; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e2/90/9a/e2909aab62a0d9f7a4dcd095d2bdf069.gif'); background-size:cover; display:inline-lock; [/class] [class=text] background-color:rgba(221, 242, 240, 0.75); width:70%; margin:0 auto; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; color:blue; [/class] [class=pic] width:15%; border:15px dotted white; border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=pic1] [/class] [class=pic2] [/class]

[div class=greydiv]
[div class=name]Doctor Albina Jansen[/div]
[/div][div class=textdiv][div class=pic]Token Albina.png[/div]
[div class=text]
Something about the fact these people had the audacity to pull my little bro away from me for such a mishap as a rushed schedule (With how long they took to do some things, surely this department would use any spare time to laze around instead of calling over a job done early) made my fingers twitch just a little before I managed to plaster a smile. Little Mickey seemed happy, and he had an android that would surely keep him safe. I mean, I knew I'd be sidelined eventually given I mostly came to observe and offer help only if asked to (it was his first mission with his new android partner after all!), but I wasn't expecting it to happen so early on.

"Ah, there's no need to worry. We can always crash there later. We could bring some snacks when we're done for the day and sit down, relax, chat about things. Keep each other up to date, since someone isn't keeping up with all the calls I asked for." I took a hand to his shoulder and smiled, a smile indicating less "we can" as much as "we will". The boy took it upon himself to dust off some of the ashes from my coat, which implied I didn't clean it quite as well as I hoped. "I, uh, well...This, you know, this, well I decided to do a little community service and all, and hum, get rid of some of the garbage. If we got a rampant garbage collector, the city is gonna start to accumulate so me and Testa took care of some on the way. All part of the plan!"

Testa tilted her head, eyes widening.

"Oh! Most impressive. Human computing, remains truly impressive. Especially master's. I was unable to realize that causing me to have a breakdown and attempt to stop at the last second, causing the surrounding area to catch fire from the sparks was all within a plan to contain the collateral damage of the trash compactor unit."

There were not a lot of times that I regretted having programmed Testa to complement her often. This, unfortunately, was one of those rare times.

"Well, in any case, we have somewhere to be, right? Well, you have, I didn't get that order yet, but I'm sure it can't hurt to have a little more company. Want to come in big sis's car? It's well furnished, and you always loved the vrooms vrooms. Veronika can take your other transportation if you came by anything other than a taxi. C'mon, c'mon let's go! Testa, you're still driving. You can have a chat with Veronika once the agents are getting our orders."

"Understood master."

After much attempting to convince my little Mickey to come with me, I got in the car myself and gave Testa the location, to a nearby police station where some expert supposedly was waiting. I sighed. Today was full of travels, wasn't it? It wasn't that near either, it took almost half an hour to make it to that police station. However this was, they better be worth it!

[/div]

tags: Michel ( Trappy Trappy ) Veronika ( LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat ) Jason and 11 children ( Deathchart98 Deathchart98 )
[/div]

Last edited:
Kasperko/Charlotte

The man simply shrugged his shoulders. "Alright then, send them in and start pumpin' data onto Charlotte here." Kasperko replied, regarding what to do with the rotor drones. He found it rather weird that Haight wasn't paired up with an android, though. Weren't they all supposed to be paired up with an android, for the investigating business? But then again, regarding the man's unique choice of weaponry, he could just be one of those investigators that are less 'investigator' and more 'combat needs'. He decided not to pay it any attention however. After all, he had a damn automatic shotgun.

Charlotte quickly linked with the drones, and everything got into gear from then.

The sun had already dipped below the horizon when the men had all their gear and men together. Lithuanian soldiers, geared up for night combat, eagerly hopped off of the motorized troop carriers. They were going to approach the forest on high speed jeeps and other mobility vehicles, seeing as the tank might just start firing on them as they approached the forest, if the investigators were unlucky enough. Charlotte and Kasperko hopped onto a jeep, with the latter feeling a bit fidgety and sitting closer to the edges of the jeep.

Thankfully, they didn't get blown up, and disembarked at the edge of the forest. His boots reintroduced to firm, non-sticky dirt, Kasperko breathed in. "Alright, let's do this. Charlotte, any fix on location?"

"Based on data from Haight's drones, the target signature is detected roughly 500 meters directly inward."

"Well then, let's go tank-hunting."

U UnbelievableCow

0555 Local Time

Still eyes with constant, intermittent blinks wavered between the glass that contained a scene, and a stiff, dark skin toned android. Through her eyes, Karen Bree witnessed it all, studying every ounce in detail. Filling her water bottle of knowledge until her thirst quenched; her gaze shifted, pupils out of sync in dilation when the lights turned on. Apparently, the officers finished their interrogation, which Afro also certified with his obnoxious dialogue, "Ms. Bree. You're not a robot. Look--They're done." Spurning her partner's words, she averted the misconception by placing her left hand atop her android's shoulders. A swift pull up from seated legs to extended thighs, as the chair squeaked along the tiled floors of the interrogation room, "Thank y-you, Afro," followed by a softer tone in a whisper, "Let me speak."

Broad shoulders, upright posture, and an impressive physique filled Karen's eyes in a delight. Such professional stature invoked an embarrassing composure from her steps, as she stumbled in her heels for a moment along an uneven tile. Quickly, firm and steady hands carried her by the ponytail, "Ouch!" An ambush of noise certainly awakened the crowd, causing for an awkward apology, "S-sorry," from the phased Karen Bree. Afro let the ponytail drop to her curved back that lacked the proper extension in formality, now lacing his hands in a fold behind his back, as his bright, fascinating smile hoped to awe the professional duo of Baker and Alice.

As Karen's brain registered Baker and Alice's identification, she understood the complications of her misfortune, so she attempted to answer Baker's question professionally, but no, she spoke worryingly, "I..I..I-I'm so sorry, Senior I-inspector B-baker. I'm j-just, you k-know, forg-get it. Afro, p-please speak." From behind Karen, the android known as Afro trotted across the tiles, showing great care at the uneven tile that Karen failed to cross. His Afro swayed with each step, almost in a hustle, despite the lack of wind in the area to support the fluid movement. With formality mode engaged, eloquent words danced in vocal harmony, "Greetings, Senior Inspector Baker and Assistant Android Alice, I'm here at this moment to deliver a proper formation of words allocated in a sentence that contains no errors or stutters. Please, prepare your ears. My name is Afro, and I'm the Assistant Android to Karen Bree, the inspector. Do not find discomfort in her shyness, as she lacks the proper human development in submitting her words vocally. And yes, we're part of CERID."

After that long and unusual answer, Afro carefully placed his hands around Karen's waist and slowly edged her posture through a simple formula. He lifted her body upwards for a mere moment, and now her back successfully copied her legs to be straight and alert. Poor Karen's face turned red once again amidst the swift correction. With Afro finished, he slowly encroached his hands to fit within his pant pockets, as a way to mimic Baker's form to ensure flattery from composure. Frizzled hair from pulled Android hands, and a somewhat half grin bearing teeth tried to accommodate the situation, "Y-yes. T-thank you, Afro. How may we a-assist, Senior I-inspector B-baker?"

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Last edited:
Veronika

Although Michel seemed to be trembling earlier, the sight of his sister clearly “warmed” him up a little. She has always wondered how the simple act of seeing someone could cause such a drastic change of mood in a person. She was programmed to have a basic grasp of human psychology, but how exactly does it “feel”?

It's not like she could ever understand, she is just a machine designed to accomplish a task, after all. Lowering her gaze, she waited patiently for Michel to finish talking to his sister. She stood there in a “relaxed” position, waiting patiently for her inspector.

After the group disbanded, she turned to Michel:

“Inspector, what shall we do now-”

Incoming transmission from CERID…
Analysing…

.../|\...

Decrypting Message…
Complete!
Displaying message…

“Code L-04: Deviant sighted on Zhōngshānlù Industrial Complex via drone footage at approx. CST +14:21. Contact lost shortly afterwards. Target left multiple traces”

“Inspector, the deviant has left traces! What are your orders?”

uUJJXHd.png

SI William Baker
DtleIqF.jpg

uUJJXHd.png

Alice
V1p4qiH.jpg

0555 Local Time

"Hahaha... You two sure are somethin', aren't y'all? Pleasure to meet you Afro and Miss Bree." Baker chuckled slightly.

Baker felt a slight tug on his shirt from Alice, before scratching the back of his head. Seeing them as an earnest pair whose eyes were just as objectively driven as his was, the man leaned back into his train of thoughts before continuing.

"Right... well, the suspect ain't giving us much to work with. Y'all can try to speak to him if you want, Alice and I was just about to head out to the crime scene, and see if the forensic teams got anything for us. I reckoned... if our guy doesn't wanna talk, perhaps the evidences will."

I shall fetch our ride immediately. Alice spoke, awaiting Baker's nod before taking her leave.

"Don't mind Alice, she's just a bit wary of new faces, but truth be told, so am I. So tell me, how the hell did you made it past selection, miss Bree?" Baker asked bluntly, as he light up his cigarette with a few strikes of his lighter.

His friendly chuckle from before had shifted to a more somber look after his questions - with an impression of a completely different person. Studying their visages, the man was curious of their mindsets, despite Bree's shy personality. Although a bit wary of youngsters, Baker had hoped to get to know the two better, since they were on the same case, and perhaps even solve the case without much trouble. Exhaling fumes of smoke, Baker's narrow, wrinkled eyes gave hints of his weary and annoyed expressions. It wasn't the offset of the two that troubled him, but his rather agitated attitude towards the case. Like all rounds that land, it is bound to cause collateral damage, and in this case - his blunt, troubled words that goes before him.

After departing from the vehicles, Clayton immediately started moving. He continued at a 45 degree from Kas and Charlotte. The tank needed to be boxed in if the supporting troops were going to have a shot at stopping it, and Clayton had just the plan for such a thing.

His drone picked up speed, and raised up into the sky. It was at a safe distance from any small arms attack. It was commanded to move in a spiral motion around the tank slowly getting closer and closer. Every 50 meters the drone would drop a dome, which would pop up as dangerous on any scan. A high-tech Android would have no problem seeing through this trick, but Clayton hoped they didn’t spend much time on the tank’s processor.

Clayton monitored Kas’ position, making sure that Kas and Charlotte were always closer to the tank than he was. He was not looking forward to taking a shell, but the android could protect Kas so it only makes since that they be closer. Although, in a perfect scenario neither group would be taking fire. If the domes did their job right, the tank would have to many targets to worry about some infantry.

After moving through the trees, Clayton would keep his eyes out for a position with line of sight on the target and preferably behind one of the domes.

Kabboom Kabboom

0555 Local Time

Although slightly, Baker's chuckle burst in twelve gauge spread inside Karen's ear canals. Socially awkward and inept Karen Bree attempted her best to reflect a similar atmosphere. She formulated the proper chuckle, but alas it amounted to a donkey's groan, "Nee Haw." Near Karen, Afro caught the wind that subtly drafted as Karen's left hand concealed her mouth for a mere moment. Luckily, Afro wanted to speed things along, so he committed to expressing Karen's thoughts, "It's certainly the pleasure, and I'm sure Karen, once she's feeling better, she'll act normal. She's anxious, and ordered me to deliver her thoughts on the matter. Judging from her temperature, I can conclude that she certainly takes pleasure in your company." Then, Afro's eyes glued onto Alice as she tugged Baker's shirt, so Afro tore off some cloth from the side of Karen's dress shirt. He immediately hid it inside his pockets, considering that he did the action in Baker's blindside. Disgruntled and annoyed, Karen only remained quiet, until something popped up for her to engage in.

"R-right. Uh, I ac-actually went to the scenes, so h-here," spoke Karen as her slender, sweaty hands pulled from her handbag, a folder which contained her insights and Afro's analysis of the crime scenes. She held the folder horizontally, faced down to Baker's perspective, "P-please l-look over it. I'll s-see what I can p-pry from the a-android." The intense stutter from her words shook with uncertainty to any who bothered to pay the slightest attention to her. Afro's metallic arms grappled Karen's dark blue clothed shoulders, hoping to direct her towards the interrogation room, yet his grip lessened once second hand smoke entered his ventilation.

Somewhat stern, and more aligned to a order Afro uttered his regards, "Senior Inspector Baker. Please refrain from smoking in the interrogation room. You're potentially disturbing the officers in the enclosed space, and you may be damaging the Androids. Please note, you have full authority over me, but It's part of my protocol." As if in sync, Karen coughed due to a bit of the smoke, but mostly her anxiety. At least, it served as an excuse to overshadow her prior embarrassing happenstance. In her mind, she thought that Afro's words possibly angered the inspector, since she saw his brow stiffen alongside tired eyes.

A necessary diversion, and an answer to the questions exited Karen's bothersome voice, "It's a l-long story, so m-maybe after the c-case. R-return the folder when yo-you're done, and thank you for your t-time, Senior I-inspector Baker." From speaking lips to a stand still smile, she dared to charm the inspector with whatever remaining dignity lingered in her stance. Quickly shifting her shoulders to her final words, she twirled her heels seventy degrees to the interrogation room. All in her mind, she screamed endlessly for the moment to end, so that she may wallow in the suspect's questioning.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

uUJJXHd.png

SI William Baker
DtleIqF.jpg

uUJJXHd.png

Alice
V1p4qiH.jpg

0556 Local Time

"Nee Haw!" Karen exclaimed, much to Baker's confused impression.

Afro's reinforcing words quickly extract Karen's from her awkward attempt at appealing to Baker's southern origins. The man's impression of the inspector and her android only worsen, with a slight degree of disturbance.

"...Right..." Baker eyed the two with a raised brow, while trying his best not to laugh.

"P-please l-look over it. I'll s-see what I can p-pry from the a-android."

Baker accepted Karen's folder with a stern face, studying it briefly before holding onto it with his appreciations. His eyes narrowed as if trying to understand a well-crafted essay - something he despises. As a man of action, he was keen on browsing through his companion's hard work, despite his contempt for reading. Although his pride restrained him of his outward display of emotions, Baker had to admit, he was reading at an elementary-level pace.

"Guess this'll do..." Baker muttered, as he reached for his phone.

"Alice. Belay the ride. Inspector Bree's have what we needed. Interrogation room, and bring the kit too."

Concluding his short phone call with Alice, the man lent his ears to Karen's initiative on interrogating the android. Afro's voice broke the truce of momentary silence between the three, noting Baker's consumption of nicotine.

"Senior Inspector Baker. Please refrain from smoking in the interrogation room. You're potentially disturbing the officers in the enclosed space, and you may be damaging the Androids. Please note, you have full authority over me, but It's part of my protocol."

"Hey Afro. You're not pickin' a fight with me, are ya?" Baker gave Afro a death glare, accompanied by the constricted wrinkles upon his forehead.

"What is this killer-vibes I'm getting from the inspector?"

Alice approached the scene non-chalantly, before jerking back into a defensive posture at the aggressive aura that Baker is giving off against Afro. Even as an android, Alice had been built to recognize a certain aspect of humanity's wrath - especially Baker's love for destruction, despite his new job as an inspector.

"Lalalala... let's go analyze those evidences shall we, inspector? Lalalala..." Alice hummed as she slowly tow the grumpy old man away, letting the two into the interrogation room.

"Fine... I suppose it can't be helped. By the way... how the hell are you doing this? I'm way bigger than you!" Baker wave Alice off as he extinguish his cigarette.

"Would you like for me to demonstrate my full potentials, inspecto-" Alice asked with a smug grin on her face.

"Please don't, the last time you did, I ended up with a broken arm in the hospital. Come on, lets put inspector's Bree hard-work to good use." Baker said.

"Inspector, do you think Inspector Bree and Afro can be of use for future endeavors with the case?." Alice voice disrupted his movement, putting the two at a stop amid the empty hallway.

Baker looked at Alice briefly, before turning towards the interrogation room. His instincts tugged at him, despite his denials. Even if they did not resemble an actual pair of professional CERID operators, Baker shrugged it off with a placid tone, wearing away the wrinkled glare on his face.

"Even if I said otherwise, CERID sent them for a reason. Who am I to judge, Alice? We're all just CERID's pawns anyways..."

Baker turned and walked off towards the next room, prompting his smaller partner to follow in his movements. Setting down their analytical kit, Baker and Alice took their time examining Karen's folders, laden with evidences retrieved at the scene.

"Alice. Add parameters 'insert evidences disposition' and run the crime scene's reconstruction of the deviant's simulated assault."

Alice nodded, as she used the analytical kit to project a live-sized simulation within the empty room. The two studied the movement and dispositions of the evidences that was left scattered in its aftermath. With much error and trials, the android assisted her inspector in the recreation of the crime scene's events. Before long, they were able to justify the events that ensued, although with more questions than answers that they started out with. Baker turned to Alice, patting her head lightly.

"Good job, kiddo. Guess my hunch wasn't too rusty. Contact FAD* and send them our hypothesis report." Baker said, as he snap a few scans of his written report in conjunction with Alice's hologram.

As they awaited CERID's response, Alice sat beside her inspector, leaning on his shoulder. Baker put up a smile, as he turned to Alice. Little was said between the two for a brief moment, before Baker soft voice took the attention of android.

"Hey Alice. The hell are you doing?" Baker asked, putting up a fake smile with veins twitching above his brow.

"Oh oh! Inspector! I read this in a magazine, and it says that human females tend to do this as a sign of intimacy and comfort- "

"No." Baker shut his partner down instantly, with an annoyed gaze.

"But inspector!" Alice wailed comically, while holding onto his arm tightly, refusing to let go.

"Damn it, woman! How many times do I have to tell you about your desecration of our professional relationship? Get away from me, you poor-excuse of an android! Jesus your grips are strong... aghhh! " Baker said, struggling to push Alice away.

1. FAD: Forensics Analytical Division is a dedicated division within CERID that assists field inspectors by reviewing and assessing the evidences given. This process of screening is usually accompanied by several reconstructions of the crime scene that lacked direct visual of the deviants and the process of the criminal events. FAD is responsible for forensics and identification processes that expedites the field agents' investigation - even in minor details.

Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom [evidence and lead for the case's next step please]

GM

Miami:
Within the deviant's mind, or rather, processor, there was nothing resembling a normal android's operating system. Instead, what Alice could only find was a series of disjointed and severely corrupted chunks of data, seemingly piled together and over-compressed to the point of near-total corruption. What is left that is easily readable, however, is its 'thoughts'. To be precise, its self-run simulations of events, specifically in physical assault and murder. Currently, it intends to break free of its handcuffs and escape from the police station.

The crime scene was reconstructed as follows: at 0510 local time, the deviant was performing roadwork along with its human coworkers on Lauderdale Street. Suspect displayed no irrational behaviors, and was freely conversing with 3 human coworkers on the subjects of beer and current weather conditions, all commonly programmed social capabilities of the suspect's android model. At 0512, the human coworkers move away to inspect a faulty construction vehicle, and an unidentified male in unmarked black clothing approaches the perimeter near the android, asking if the deviant had a lighter. The android complies, and moves to assist with a lighter in hand, and the unidentified male grabs the android's hand and lifts it up to light his cigarette. From 0513 through to 0515, the android stood still, and the unidentified male quickly left after lighting his cigarette. At 0516, 1 human coworker returns to the scene, and discovers the deviant. The deviant then returns to its previous workstation, acquires a drill, and assaults the human coworker, killing him. 5 human coworkers, along with 2 construction androids of the same model as the deviant, subdued the suspect and restrained it, with police response arriving approximately 30 seconds after incident.

The suspect is now currently slightly shifting its hands, and studying the handcuffs restraining it, paying no attention to any other detail within its interrogation room.

Guangzhou:
The police station's personnel were well informed and well prepared for CERID's presence, and a police chief quickly briefed the inspectors on the situation. According to known camera feeds and eyewitness reports, unit TR-2745 was on a regular 6AM trash collection shift along with its human driver and co-driver android. At 6:20AM, during a regular stop, an unidentified female in unmarked black clothing approaches the vehicle, out of sight of its drivers, and attached an unidentified device onto the front left bumper of the unit. Shortly after the unidentified female fled the scene, at 6:22AM, the trash compactor activates by itself, terminating the co-driver android, who was loading trash into said compactor. The human driver tries to cancel the process, to no effect. TR-2745 then automatically turned on its engine, and gained speed. The human driver's brake inputs, or any other input, were not registered, and overridden, and the mechanical manual brake was quickly overtaxed and fractured under TR-2745's speed. The unit then barreled through the streets at high speeds, sideswiping a civilian on Zhouhuang street, and hitting another civilian on the sidewalk of Chifeng street. TR-2745 then headed directly into the forest area, forcing the human driver to bail out before the unit sustained heavy superficial damage as it crashed through the street railing and into the forest. The civilians have since been redirected into the hospital, and the driver thoroughly questioned on the incident, but no extra information has been found.

The area itself has been cordoned off, and the assets provided are already present on site, and are now awaiting the inspectors' signal to go ahead with the search. The sun is coming up now, and the orange hues might aid with the whole process, but no doubt it will take some time.

Deathchart98 Deathchart98 BioshockRP BioshockRP Idea Idea LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat Trappy Trappy Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 SCSaya06 SCSaya06 CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

Kas/Char

The duo advanced carefully, at the forefront of the search teams. All twelve scout drones, excluding inspector Haight's own drone, were now scanning a wide area in front of them, buzzing through the tree canopies in search of their targets. Despite having just a measly shotgun, Kasperko was anxious to lead the two AT squads, who followed cautiously behind. Charlotte was technically ahead, but more often than not, she had to slightly pull Kasperko in the correct direction once they had a new bead on the tank's position.

"Sir, I don't think we should be in the lead." The android whispered after a while, her blue visor lightly covering her unchanging face. Her tone had been automatically adjusted to elicit a proper response from her investigator. Their lack of anti-tank weaponry would not make them valuable assets, should they make first contact.

"Shuddup, Char, and where's that tank?" Kasperko replied, however. It seems the man does not consider logic to be a combat priority.

The answer revealed itself to them, as a high velocity explosive shell whizzed past the air, a minute sonic boom crackling through the forest, and culminating in a devastating explosion in a clearing. The explosion collapsed a few trees, and was in the area of one of Clayton's domes. The tank had revealed itself inadvertently, in a remote little dip in the ground roughly 150 meters to the group's 2 o'clock. The gun barrel smoking profusely, the turret spun around slowly, with the turret machine gun on the prowl for more targets. Everyone collectively took cover, but not firing off a single shot. From what it looks like, either the tank is really smart, or it hasn't seen them yet.

Kasperko considered his options, and decided to see if Haight had anything. "Psst, hey," whispered the man over the comms. "Any ideas how to take this thing?"

U UnbelievableCow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back